POSTED ON Sept 17, 2020 15:07:57 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","kcontain"]
[attr="class", kheader"]

[attr="class","kthread"][attr="class","pokkenger"]
[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
"this the spot doc?" when the calls for volunteers to help in an expedition came up kazimir was one of the few first responds to it. archaeology wasn't a strong suit of his nor was it even on his interest list, but finding stones or fossils that might be useful was always something that brought a bit of excitement to his heart. he had been avoiding it since the disappearance of his late dracovolt. he wondered if it was still alive some where in ultra space.
[break][break]
now however was the time for work and not reminiscing, so as he carried the large backpack full of supplies he stood over the top of a hill that they managed to climb where the next sight of this dig was suppose to happen. "so do we need some help digging this place up? I think i have a few pokemon on hand that can help." tearing up the earth was sort of a specialty of a few of his pokemon although in some cases it was because they did it on his own and not because he told them too, so that was a risky option but an effective one.[break][break]
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[attr="class","notes"]notes:mission

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.faction b]font-weight:bold;color:#4d72a0;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rocket b]font-weight:bold;color:#716075;[/newclass]
[newclass=.league b]font-weight:bold;color:#dea02c;[/newclass]
[newclass=.pokkenger b]font-weight:bold;color:#44d4e4;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.notes]font-size:10px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Voltolos

Soup
He/him
December 20
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
Once you’re there, the only thing you can really do is leave again.
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @soup
Suprasad Bhat
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 17, 2020 22:31:40 GMT
Suprasad Bhat Avatar

When Soup had heard of a newly found site likely filled with archaeological discoveries, he had immediately packed the necessary belongings and headed straight to Mount Chimney. Sure, the site was likely to have more geological artifacts than archaeologically valuable things, but a lower likelihood wasn't everything. Plus, geology was cool, too. You never knew what you might find.

Full of the excitement that came with someone who loved his job more than anything in the world, Soup stood stoically. There was no outward indication of his enthusiasm, other than the fact that he bounced on his toes a little, impatient to start. When they finally arrived at the place, Soup heard a man speak up, asking if this was the place and whether his Pokemon could help.

Soup opened his mouth to confirm that he could, but caution stopped the words in his mouth. Pokemon were often rather helpful in excavation. In fact, Soup had brought Atlas and Deimos for that very reason, the Chespin and the Heracross following him. But Pokemon could be harmful as well as helpful, especially in untrained hands. The guy who'd spoken looked even younger than him, and Soup knew that even he was hardly the most experienced. He figured that the people on this trip would have the sense to be careful...

"Sure," Soup began, cautiously, "but please be careful, if you have any heavier Pokemon. We wouldn't want to accidentally damage what we're looking for."

...but there was still the possibility of someone bringing a Torterra, or something, and it never hurt to take extra precautions.
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
victory is in the pocket!
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 19, 2020 0:17:01 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class", kheader"]

[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
"ok ok that's fair." he didn't have a lot of pokemon that could probably help too much with a dig save for maybe one. thinking about it it was probably the best choice given their typing and ability to actually have some finesse for this job. clicking a ball on his belt out popped a golurk that rose to its full height as it looked around at its surroundings before kazimir knocked on his body. "hey big guy, we're out here digging and could use a hand. mind helping us out? just tear up the earth around here. uh gently if ya know what i mean."
[break][break]
the golurk nodded and placing a flat palm perpendicular to the ground he started to dig into it softly. "you got any tools in there to help? i can dig too and we should be able to get this soil turned up in no time." he asked soup as he watched his golurk dig and shift through the dirt he was shoveling up. "what are you hoping to find out here anyway? volcanoes are good places to find fossils i hear but i can't imagine a lot of old pokemon liked to hang around one for very long."
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.kcontain]width:350px;height:auto;border:solid 1px #1a1a1a;[/newclass]
[newclass=.kheader]width:350px;height:160px;overflow-x:hidden;overflow-y:hidden;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;overflow:hidden;text-align:left;[/newclass]
[newclass=.team2]width:auto;height:auto;padding:5px;background-color:#212121;opacity:0.9;transition:all .5s;text-align:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party]width:30px;filter:grayscale(100%) brightness(50%) contrast(75%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.party:hover]filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);transition:all .5s;[/newclass]
[newclass=.active]width:30px;filter:grayscale(0%) brightness(100%) contrast(100%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.kthread]width:309px;float:top;background-color:#212121;font-family:monospace;font-size:11px;text-align:justify;letter-spacing:-.1px;padding:20px;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.tag]padding:4px;background-color:#1a1a1a;font-size:6pt;color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.divide]width:auto;height:1px;border-bottom:solid 1px #1a1a1a;text-transform:lowercase;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Voltolos

Soup
He/him
December 20
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @soup
Suprasad Bhat
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 21, 2020 17:22:32 GMT
Suprasad Bhat Avatar

Soup saw the guy send out a Golurk. Though he winced at how big it was, he figured that it might not be so bad if it wasn't rampaging and throwing stuff everywhere. Anyways, they'd probably need a bit more digging to find whatever they were looking for anyways. He sent his own Heracross and Chespin to go aid the digging, while pulling out a notebook himself.

When the other guy asked for a tool, Soup nodded and handed him a spade. "Here, you can use my spade. I'm probably gonna be more busy documenting stuff, anyways," said Soup, glancing at the other people who were eagerly digging away. "I'm not really sure what I'm looking for, to be honest. Fossils are what I'm expecting, but who knows. I had just heard that this would be a good spot, and I came." He scratched the back of his neck. "Maybe I should've done some more research."
close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 22, 2020 2:58:52 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class", kheader"]

[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
kazimir had to stop mid-dig as the good doc said that he wasn't even sure what they were supposed to be looking for and looked up in disbelief. "uh....excuse me?" wasn't the whole point of coming here to this spot was that he was sure that something was here? granted that was probably what a lot of digs went like but in kaz's head the idea of an archeological dig was that it was more accurate at finding something than some random treasure hunt in ruins. then again in that sort of thing coming across certain signs did hint that something was buried. here it meant that you just dug until you hit it big.
[break][break]
"i mean i'm all for experiencing the wonders of digging up dirt but don't you think you should have thought about where fossils would be?" he shut his mouth as soon as he realized he probably offended a professional who devoted a lot of time to learning about it. and here he was dissing it, boy was tact a skill he needed to work on. "oh shit, sorry didn't mean to get...mean. winging it is find, i do it a lot actually. hehehehe....eh..."
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

[newclass=.notes]font-size:10px;[/newclass][/quote]
close tab

played by

Voltolos

Soup
He/him
December 20
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @soup
Suprasad Bhat
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 23, 2020 20:44:40 GMT
Suprasad Bhat Avatar

Soup watched as incredulity worked its way across Kazimir's face. Confusion gripped him. Had he said something wrong? What had happened?

Then Kazimir asked him a wonderfully blunt question, and understanding and amusement dawned on Soup's face. When Kaz quickly tried to negate the damage he thought he might've done, Soup grinned and shook his head. "No, no, that is an excellent question. It was just a misunderstanding," he said. "I'm not the one who decided that we're digging here. If I was, then I'd likely be more offended. I heard through a colleague that there had been a noteworthy site on Mount Chimney, so I'm here. So I am rather confident that there will be something here, and if not, I know who I'm asking about it." He shook his head. "Don't feel bad. Misunderstandings happen."

With that out of the way, Soup would continue jotting down notes about the site, recording distances and finds so far (which were scarce). "How about you? What do you do, if not normally this?"

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2020 1:36:47 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class", kheader"]

[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
"well let's hope your friend knows his stuff." if he had gotten a tip from a friend that turned out to be a dud then kaz would kindly ay them a visit and vent out some frustration on them in a very fist shaped manner. still the prospect of some kind of fossil or treasure was still too good to pass up so he continued to dig with his golurk. the two were already making a halfway decent sized hole in the ground but so far nothing turned up. kaz was starting to wonder how long they would be out here so passing the time by answering the question poised to him would probably help.
[break][break]
"well i actually to take lots of hikes. i actually know this area a little bit." its off the beaten path from his usual trail so he never really needed to pass by here until now. then again he never expected to find any kind of fossils out during a nature hike. "how about you? an archeologist has to have other hobbies than their job right?" his eyes glanced over the guy and he could tell that he was a bit well built compared to the average scientist. "guy like you must be pretty active am i wrong?"
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Soup
He/him
December 20
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @soup
Suprasad Bhat
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2020 17:02:40 GMT
Suprasad Bhat Avatar

Soup nodded at this guy's sentiment. Yeah, of course. He'd like if this expedition wasn't a waste of his time, and he'd have some... rather pointed questions to ask if it was. 

Soup turned to the place where the guy's Golurk, his Chespin, and his Heracross were helping with the excavation. Jotting one last note in his notebook, he closed it and put it back in his bag, grabbing another spade and joining them. 

It seemed the guy was in the habit of hiking. Soup nodded amicably. "I like hiking, too, and exploring new places. It's nice to get to see the world." This sort of answered Kazimir's next question, but Soup blinked in surprise when the topic was brought up. What... was this flirting? He couldn't tell, and he didn't want to embarrass himself if it wasn't. A little flustered, he decided to play it safe.

"Ah, thanks," he said. "Yeah, um, like I said. I do hike places, and some of the places I like to visit are... pretty far off the beaten path." He shrugged self-consciously. "A lot of mountains and stuff. It requires a level of fitness to climb mountains. But," he glanced at Kazimir while shoveling a bit more dirt out of the way, "It shouldn't be a problem for you, I think."

The instant the words left his mouth, he felt stupid. Oh, god. He was just debating within himself about... "Because you said you hike," he muttered lamely, not meeting Kazimir's eyes and focusing harder at the dirt he was shoveling.

close tab

played by

kodiak

Pokkenger
he/him
Nov. 25
Ballonlera, Galar
bisexual
vigilante
ex-elite four
single
6 ft 3 in height
6 ft 3 in height
awards
2,604 posts
part of
TAG WITH @kazimir
Kazimir Wynter
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2020 13:47:32 GMT
Kazimir Wynter Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class", kheader"]

[attr="class","team2"]

[break][break]
a smile spread on kazimir's face when the scientist "complimented" him by saying that hiking through dangerous paths would be no problem. the ginger man could tell what he meant by that. "heh, thanks. yeah it does really help to be in top condition when doing anything outdoors, so keep yourself well maintained buddy, heck i might even join ya on one of these hikes if you want." an open invitation was probably the best to leave with this guy, he didn't seem like the type to go up and ask himself.
[break][break]
as he put more elbow grease into his digging he almost toppled over as he felt his shovel hit something much more solid than dirt. "hey i think i got something! gutsman over here!" the golurk stopped its digging and walked over to kazimir as he pointed at the spot where he was digging and the golem dug its hands into the dirt and lifted up a mound of it. as the loose bits fell through the gaps in its fingers all that was left was a giant chunk of mishapen stone that caught kaz's attention as he eyeballed it before turning towards soup. "think this might be something?"
[attr="class,"divide"]
[break]

[break][break]
[attr="class","tag"]

template by kay

close tab

played by

Voltolos

Soup
He/him
December 20
Sootopolis
Bisexual
Archaeologist
Cadet
Single
27 height
27 height
awards
48 posts
part of
TAG WITH @soup
Suprasad Bhat
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2020 14:01:10 GMT
Suprasad Bhat Avatar

Soup nodded, still a little rattled at the previous conversation. "Yeah, that sounds good! Hiking is fun, and safer with more people." The invitation was appreciated. This guy seemed like someone who would be fun to get to know, and Soup didn't know if he would've had the nerve to ask himself.

Soon, their excavations bore fruit. When Kazimir stated that he'd encountered something, Soup put aside his spade, grabbed his notebook, and rushed over to the spot, his previous awkwardness forgotten with his anticipation. Soup signaled Deimos and Atlas to stop digging, and hopefully the man's Golurk would stop soon, as well. He'd try to figure out what was found here before continuing to dig and maybe accidentally damaging something of value. "Oh, you did? That's good to hear. Let's check it out..."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,628 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
land before time [m]
POSTED ON Sept 29, 2020 20:34:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: