Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
toast to the lost
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2020 17:57:25 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

did her dad really have to go and do something as unnecessary as booking them a vacation trip for a whole week? of course he did. he’s always thought such shallow expenses could mend their broken family ties. his streak of money-funded absenteeism continues unmatched, decades later.

[break][break]

at least she has a week off worrying about the megalopolans and the aftermath of the war.

[break][break]

vera glances up from her menu, eyes inevitably landing on her brother. she’d told him she would call him for dinner after their long flight, but her mind had momentarily forgotten just how awkward meals with virgil were.

[break][break]

“i’ll have a supreme veggie with extra cheese,” she tells the waiter, finally breaking the silence. it is out of reflex and not a conscious effort that she adds, “extra spinach leaves, and replace the tomato sauce with alfredo.”

[attr="class","hashtext"]
[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit; font-size:inherit; color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"]; } #hashtag .pkspr, #hashtag .pokesprite { cursor: default; } #hashtag .pkspr { width: 40px; height: 30px; padding: 0; margin-top: -30px; } #hashtag .pkspr .pokesprite { transform: translate(-14px, 0); padding-bottom: -20px; } .hashtext .vdice-box { box-shadow: none; border: 3px [var="heart"] solid; width: 40px; height: 40px; } .hashtext .vdice-box .vdice-value { font: 24px 'slabo 27px'; line-height: 20px; [/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

@virgil vacation tme
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
toast to the lost
POSTED ON Sept 28, 2020 0:11:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
every word shared between the two of them brings with it a tectonic plate of overwhelming strain down on virgil's shoulders, his mind constantly racing, poking and prodding at loose soil to unearth the double meanings and lies he's sure are hidden just below the surface. even something as simple as this; a pizza order, can carry a tremendous burden of meaning. she'd ordered a mix of their two favorites. was it an afterthought? she'd said his last after all. but, then again, her having remembered what he likes at all did count for something.

green peppers and alfredo sauce together was gonna blow though.

his gaze rose from their home along the edges and curves of the table and its decorations to meet vera's smiling face. a smile pushes its way out through thin lips and with it comes a small chuckle. "alfredo sauce?" it comes out a question but, in reality, isn't much more than a vocalized observation. before she can respond to the non-question he clears his throat and starts again. "anyway, it's been a bit; a couple years now? wonder what dad's planning."

his attention falls back to the table's surface, unsure of how to maintain eye contact with someone who knows him so intimately. part of him wants them to be closer, to be able to have these conversations like real siblings do but another part of him just wants this exchange to be finished. this week couldn't pass quickly enough.
close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
I may love me some vanilla but I'm not that sugar sweet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
toast to the lost
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2020 5:35:30 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

vera is caught off-guard, but it doesn't show in the way she answers. any sort of acknowledgement of having remembered virgil’s favorite remains entirely tacit. “i can’t possibly eat an entire pizza by myself,” she explains simply, a small smile on her lips. the familial scene is completed by taking a napkin from the table to be laid primly on her lap.

[break][break]

except. mention of her dad’s plans succeeds in ruining the moment. “i’ve stopped trying to figure him out years ago.” she shrugs and props one arm up on the table, shattering the image of propriety she’d so carefully crafted only seconds ago.

[break][break]

“how is slateport treating you? you look skinnier than i remember. have you been eating properly?”

[break][break]

the question of why he refuses to take their dad's money is never asked.

[attr="class","hashtext"]
[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit; font-size:inherit; color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"]; } #hashtag .pkspr, #hashtag .pokesprite { cursor: default; } #hashtag .pkspr { width: 40px; height: 30px; padding: 0; margin-top: -30px; } #hashtag .pkspr .pokesprite { transform: translate(-14px, 0); padding-bottom: -20px; } .hashtext .vdice-box { box-shadow: none; border: 3px [var="heart"] solid; width: 40px; height: 40px; } .hashtext .vdice-box .vdice-value { font: 24px 'slabo 27px'; line-height: 20px; [/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

@virgil vacation tme