awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
learn to pace yourself [duo wild]
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 0:39:03 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Okay, let's go!" Birdie shouts as Bubbie sizes up a Geodude.

The two pokemon stare each other down, the wild pokemon with a bit more intensity than her little bug pal. Her Dewpider is relaxed by nature, easygoing. Even in this battle Birdie's sure his mind will start wandering if he's not given something to do soon. Thankfully the Geodude doesn't intend to give him the chance.

It tucks its arms to its body and drops to the ground before tearing up the earth beneath it as it approaches with a ROLLOUT. Remembering their experience in Rusturf Tunnel, and their battle at the barnyard, Birdie bites back the call to meet it she wants to make.

"To the left! Hop out of the way!" Bubbie jumps past the charging opponent and allows it to slip by him. The Geodude rolls passed without making contact, and then begins to turn. The moment of its redirection leaves an opportunity behind for them. Birdie can't help beaming when she notices it.

"Liquidation, Bubbie! Hit him where it hurts!" she squeals with excitement after giving the order, giddy with anticipation. The bubble around Bubbie's head begins to shift in little ways before he lunges forward towards his still-turning opponent. He catches the Geodude's right side with a HEADBUTT that is not what it seems.

As they make contact the water that forms his bubble helmet looks for cracks in the Geodude's rocky exterior. LIQUIDATION erodes its side in subtle but devastating ways. It hits the ground unconscious without even a chance to unroll its body.

"Yes, yes, yes! That's the way Bubbie!"

@duowild

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f8a8c2[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Champ

Sugar rabbit
She/her
Twenty-four
December 21
Lilycove City
Bisexual
Culinary chemist
Cadet
I may love me some vanilla but I'm not that sugar sweet
awards
177 posts
Vera Lindt DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @vera
Vera Lindt
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 5:08:59 GMT
Vera Lindt Avatar
[nospaces]

to fly all the way down to dewford town for its specialty champignons, only to find them out of stock at the local market, could be considered bad luck. to find out the cave where they grow had been partially flooded by toxic waste only weeks ago? that's a national loss in vera's eyes. as the league-affiliated scientist that she is, it comes as no surprise that she'd pay the cave in question a visit while she's in town. something, anything, must be salvageable.

[break][break]

what does come as a surprise is the incoming attack.

[break][break]

"ooh!" she'd squeal when her eyes got a glimpse of the dust left behind by a quickly approaching geodude mid-rollout. other than that, though, vera is perfectly content standing back and watching the battle unfold, lest she or her pokémon end as a casualty.

[break][break]

it's not until after the geodude falls unconscious that the ginger offers a congratulatory "good job," paired up with a friendly smile and a few claps of encouragement. "man, i really hope that treatment isn't reserved for anyone in the golem evolution line."

[break][break]

the picture is completed by an alolan graveler who lingers by her feet, too anxious to stay still and yet too spooked to move freely.

[attr="class","hashtext"]
[attr="id","hashtag"][newclass="#hashtag"]color:[var="string"] !important;font-family:'slabo 27px' !important;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:10px;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a"]background:#FFF !important;font-family:inherit;font-size:inherit;color:inherit;padding:0 2px;transition:all 0.4s ease-in;[/newclass][newclass="#hashtag a:hover"]color:[var="black"] !important;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext p::first-letter"]display:block;float:left;;background:[var="heart"];border:1px white solid;outline:3px [var="heart"] solid;padding:2.5px 6px;font-family:'slabo 27px';font-size:14px;text-transform:uppercase;color:white;margin:7px 10px 5px 0px;[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext b"]font-weight:normal;color:[var="string"];[/newclass][newclass=".hashtext a"]font-family:inherit; font-size:inherit; color:[var="string"]; } .hashtext h2, .hashtext h3 { font: 10px 'Hammersmith One'; text-transform: uppercase; display: inline; } .hashtext h3 { color: [var="heart"]; } #hashtag .pkspr, #hashtag .pokesprite { cursor: default; } #hashtag .pkspr { width: 40px; height: 30px; padding: 0; margin-top: -30px; } #hashtag .pkspr .pokesprite { transform: translate(-14px, 0); padding-bottom: -20px; } .hashtext .vdice-box { box-shadow: none; border: 3px [var="heart"] solid; width: 40px; height: 40px; } .hashtext .vdice-box .vdice-value { font: 24px 'slabo 27px'; line-height: 20px; [/newclass][var name="heart" value="#2BD5A0"][var name="string" value="#FF326C"][var name="black" value="#000"][googlefont="Slabo 27px|Muli|Hammersmith+One"]

[attr="class","pkspr"][attr="class","pokesprite pokemon graveler-alola"]
close tab

played by

sunshine

birdie
she/her
eighteen
october 11
sootopolis city
homosexual
amateur trainer
cadet
everybody loves a winner, so nobody loves me
awards
43 posts
part of
TAG WITH @birdie
BERNICE ALBERS
POSTED ON Oct 13, 2020 6:08:42 GMT
BERNICE ALBERS Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Being caught squealing and hollering over beating a wild pokemon hits Birdie a bit like realizing someone's been watching you dance where you thought no one could see you. That is to say it all comes to a sudden halt the moment she hears the newcomer's applause pick up. Her fists stop mid-pump, her cheers cut off in her throat, and she turns to face the other girl with awkward steps (made more awkward as she tries to look nonchalant).

Birdie is a trainer, and excited, but more than either of those things she is a teenager; and she can't help feeling mortified at the idea she was caught being so completely uncool.

This embarrassment makes listening to and processing the stranger's words more difficult than it should be. Huh? That treatment? The Golem line? The last bit gets through the filter first and she reflexively twists her face up in disgust.

"Golem . . . guh, I mean they're so," she's halfway through her sentence when she notices the (what's it called? It's the middle one, between Golem and Geodude? Oh right -- ) Graveller cowering at the other girl's side, "totally alright, I guess. That one was just, uh, like, wrong place wrong time?"

Oh she can feel herself getting more lame by the second she needs to rebound. Quickly she speaks up again.

"Uh, trainer I'm a new Birdie," FUCK!

"I mean, I'm Birdie, I'm a new trainer," she grits through her teeth while nervously flipping between extending a hand and half-pulling it back.

@duowild

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f8a8c2[/newclass]