oran berry pie [s]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 2:59:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-av]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]
she listens like spring and she

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
The kitchen is a mess, an organized mess, but a mess. There are pie crust flakes all over the counter next to her mixing bowls. Her hands are covered in flour and pastry and she smells of crushed oran berries and jam. There is a smear of it across her cheek where she had absently brushed hair from her face. Her lips are stained purple from taste-testing too many oran berries herself, and she absently wipes her hands on an apron tied loosely over her chest.[break][break]

She hadn't been expecting anyone, but she had decided to bake a pie on a whim. If she thought too hard about it, she realized that she had definitely made it because the same handsome blonde kept popping into her mind, the forefront of her thoughts. Their conversation and her misunderstanding surrounding oran berries had been on her mind for a while since then, and she had decided to test out her baking skills and make one.[break][break]

As it so happens, the man on her mind is approaching the daycare while she waits inside.[break][break]

Avery chews her thumbnail absently as the timer on the oven ticks down to 0 seconds and beeps. When she opens the oven door, the smell of fresh oran berry pie wafts through the entire building, making noses and tails twitch all over the place. The shiny Furret strewn across the bay window at the front of the daycare raises its head to the smell, then glances to the front door as Benedict arrives.[break][break]

Should the doorbell ring when the door opens she would call out while juggling the hot pie and attempting to set it carefully down on the counter without dropping it -- it was looking pretty dicy:[break][break]

"Come on in! I'll just be-- oop!-- a second!"[break][break]

[break]

notes: ...

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

[attr=class,punkianger-avcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentbg"]background: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .accentborder"]border-color: #86B1D0;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wrYC5Hj/momoi-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.4); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 18:35:54 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He is just getting off a long shift. Benedict stifles a yawn with his hand, walking along the path that leads to Avery's daycare. Lilycove is far from Littleroot, but he was stationed at the ranger station near the center. Littleroot is where he will go to sleep; his house is there. But there is still a slight buzz from work, a wakefulness that doesn't leave.

Shoving both hands into his jacket, he roams subconsciously closer. It didn't help that Avery was perhaps his only friend in Hoenn so far so he gravitated to the young woman. Before he knew it, his mind had taken him to her door. He stood there almost stupidly before his Talonflame's head reached over and sharply rapped on the wooden door. One. Two. Three. A voice from within snapped him out of his thoughts.

She was coming.

Wait... what? When did he get here? Maybe Ben was more tired than he thought. A bag existed under his singular eye, he was almost dead on his feet. A fifteen hour shift would do that to him. He was bound to burn out eventually. He was about to turn away from the door when she opened it. He stared, grinning like an idiot and rubbing the back of his head. "Uh" a pause "hello?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Oct 29, 2020 23:10:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery sets the pie down on the countertop with only some trouble. Careful not to burn herself as she pulls away, the woman gasps in relief and satisfaction as the steam rises from the slits in the top of the pie. But then the 'one, two, three' rap at the door brings her back to attention. Oh yes, there had been someone knocking at the door.[break][break]

She hurriedly tosses the oven mitts to the side and rushes to the door. When she answers it her eyes are wide and there is a surprised and relieved smile on her face at the man on the other side. Her smile brightens further at his awkward hello. The woman tilts her head in surprise as she studies his face.[break][break]

"Oh! Benedict, hi. I wasn't expecting you, did you call?"[break][break]

Avery glances back inside at the phone that remains silent, pondering if she had accidentally missed a call while buried in her work. She seems thoughtful as she turns back to face the ranger, and she ultimately steps aside to gesture for him to come inside.[break][break]

"You look exhausted, come on inside. I just.. ahh, I just finished baking an oran berry pie. Are you hungry at all?"[break][break]

She brushes her palms again on her apron, though remains unaware of the purple smear against her cheek.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a, .punkianger-av .bulk b, .punkianger-av .bulk i, .punkianger-avcredit a"]color: #D9A9BD;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/wrYC5Hj/momoi-post.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #2E2E2E; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.4); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #D9A9BD; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-av .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-avcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 16:23:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He doesn't know why he comes to her door. Maybe it was just close, or maybe he saved himself the embarrassment of knocking on a stranger's door? He tries to justify it, staring awkwardly and feeling awkward. Ben thinks its about time to briefly say hello and goodbye, but before he could form the words 'goodbye' she was ushering him inside. Maybe Avery notices he's exhausted?

He certainly feels dead on his feet.

"Thank ye" instead, politeness instilled upon traditional means takes over. He moves as she steps back, feeling silly and too tall and awkward for his body. "I - sorry, I didn't call ahead" Ben thinks this must look rude. Talonflame flaps from his shoulder and goes to greet Avery's other Pokemon like he owns the daycare. "ey, behave..." he calls after it. A subtle warning not to burn anything and anyone.

The Talonflame is too happy since evolution and doesn't know its own strength. But Avery asks him a question. Is he hungry? Ben hadn't eaten since lunch and that was over five hours ago. Though he wasn't very fond of sweet things to quell his stomach, he knew he had to push himself to eat the pie. Else he'd be walking back to Littleroot on an empty stomach. "If it ain't too much trouble" he says to the woman, turning back to face her.

Good, she seems back to her usual self. Okay, maybe he was worried. Just a little. That he offended her.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 18:37:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
There was no way he would let him walk all the way home without at least offering him something to eat and drink. The man looked about ready to fall asleep where he stood, and she was sure that hunger was a factor in his exhaustion. So she ushers him inside and beams up at him with her charming, friendly smile. [break][break]

"That's not a problem at all! You don't have to call-- you can stop by anytime."[break][break]

The man's Talonflame pushes off of his shoulder and swoops into the room and she chuckles, marveling at the birds prowess and beauty.[break][break]

"Looks like someone's feeling better. He evolved, that's fantastic!"[break][break]

She draws her hair back from her face and ties it into a loose, messy bun as she makes her way into the kitchen. [break][break]

"It's no trouble at all, Benedict! There should be a shepherd's pie still baking in the oven. I know, it's a lot of pie, I didn't ahh--- I didn't really think it through. I guess I had a craving?"[break][break]

She awkwardly wipes her hands on her apron as she reaches for oven mitts to pull the second pie out. When she sets on the hot pad, she lets out a breath and a smile.[break][break]

"Oh! Plates, we need plates."[break][break]

She blushes, shifting away and towards her cupboards to bring out dishes and cutlery and the like. [break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Oct 30, 2020 21:21:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Ben blinks his good eye, wondering if she was just being nice. He figures Avery says that to anyone she comes across - and hopes nobody imposes on her company. If they did, and he found out, he may have to have words with a few people... Though that's probably because of his lingering protectiveness over his friends. He hasn't yet admitted to himself he may actually like her more than one.

That aside, her remark about the Talonflame brightens his face subtly. He is not a man to widely smile or beam or grin big. His is a slow start, soft and small. However, it does light up his face. "All thanks t' yer efforts more than mine" he says modestly, giving a nod. It wasn't long that Talonflame was a Fletchinder, and a resident of the daycare for a day. "and ye can just call me 'Ben'."

Avery was his friend; he didn't mind her shortening it. He felt that his full name was a title more than something common. In a way it was. "Shepherds' pie is one of m' favorite dishes" he would reply to Avery's fussing "though t' cheap ones at diners don't do justice t' home baked" the amount of times he forced himself to eat fast food shepherd's pie... It was truly disturbing.

He stood near the kitchen so she didn't have to yell, being too polite to really poke around the house. He wasn't a nosy man anyway. A flash of pink hair and she busied herself bringing out plates and such. He awkwardly opened his mouth, wondering if he should help her. "Here" he lifts his scarred hands and opens them "I'll help set t' table." Goodness knows it was always done for him until he started to live alone.

He didn't miss the butlers and nannies and maids, that's for sure.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Oct 31, 2020 0:06:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery's confidence does not waver for she does not lie. While she does often allow people into her home unannounced and with glee, not a lot of people actually take her up on her offer. For the most part, the woman is a homebody and a lonely soul. With few friends outside of her Pokemon and her grandparents, she is genuinely delighted to be sharing a meal with the man.[break][break]

And so when she turns to spy his small smile, it makes hers all the more warm and relaxed. He compliments her, or rather, shifts the compliment she had bestowed on him and his Talonflame to her, instead. Avery chuckles breathlessly, shaking her head and nursing the redness in her cheeks. [break][break]

"Oh, please, he stayed with me for such a short time -- this is definitely a result of your care, not mine. But I'm flattered you think so highly of the daycare's services."[break][break]

He insists she call him Ben and she dips her head, suddenly aware of how formal and stiff she had been sounding. How awkward, was he offended when she said his full name? She awkwardly blurts out something in response, something redundant:[break][break]

"You can just call me Avery--"[break][break]

Except.. he already does.[break][break]

She clears her throat and falls silent for a moment, thankful when he admits that he loves shepherd's pie. The woman breathes out a relieved and excited sigh, suddenly rejuvenated by his eagerness. [break][break]

"Perfect! If you'd like, please take some home with you when you go. Could be your lunch for tomorrow."[break][break]

She chuckles a bit at the mention of diner 'pie, and she shrugs.[break][break]

"I love to cook, I'll make you a homemade pie whenever you'd like."[break][break]

The weight behind that offer doesn't occur to her, as she's oblivious to such suggestions. That, and she's reaching above her head for plates. She notices him approach, however, to take them from her and she blinks in surprise, her attention falling on the scars on his hands. His rugged voice catches her off-guard as he offers to help her, and she hands him the plates awkwardly. [break][break]

The pie stain from her oran berry pie filling still remains on her cheek and she is none-the-wiser.[break][break]

"Sure, that would be lovely! Mmm.. is there anything you'd like to drink? Coffee, tea? Whatever you'd like, I probably have it."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-av .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(217,169,189,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 0:49:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
For someone who lived mainly on vending machine items at the stations, a home cooked meal was rare. It didn't mean Ben didn't like to cook - he found it enjoyable - but he just had so little time to do it. He chose to ignore Avery's stammers out of politeness, giving a nod of confirmation. Yes, he'd continue to call her Avery. Until she felt prudent to change her name... which was probably not happening. So Avery it was.

"That'd be nice" Ben states warmly, already looking forward to break time at work "thank ye" he adds with another nod, twisting his body to take the plates to the table. But before he turns fully, he notices she has that stain on her cheek. It was... rather endearing, to be honest. Did he be polite and mention it - thus making her embarrassed? Or does he say nothing, making it no big deal to him? He opts to smile, moving away without a word.

"Coffee would be fine" the man says now, beginning to place set. If he was going to walk all the way back to Littleroot, he needed to stay awake. Coffee was not very nice with a homecooked meal - it made the plate bitter to him - but he needed to keep his wits. He usually tried not to drink so much for it was bad for your stomach. "yer prepared fer anything, ain't'cha?" he states with a chuckle. House guests, Pokemon visitors... his face pulls into a frown as he recalls.

Lilycove had been the center of a war not too long ago. Was Avery helping the cityfolk with rebuilding? He pushes such thoughts aside, turning back to wait for her.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 1:02:45 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery begins to hum quietly under her breath as she helps Ben set the table. For the most part he manages on his own, and she is left to her devices in the kitchen to carry out the pie. It steams and smells downright heavenly as she makes her way into the kitchen, balancing a pie on top of gloved hands and heat pads. She sets the entire thing down gently, exhaling as if she had been holding her breath.[break][break]

"Of course--"[break][break]

At his decision for coffee over tea or water, she nods and disappears back into the kitchen to start a pot. It doesn't take long before she returns with a mug of it, as well as cream and sugar and the like. Avery sets it all down on the table with a soft sigh, and she takes a step back to remove her apron and sling it over the back of an unused chair.[break][break]

"Yes! I have to be, especially with the-- the war, and everything..."[break][break]

She frowns a bit at the thought, her expressions distant and sad. But she quickly wipes them away in favor of the good company before her. Avery passes Benedict the tools to scoop his share onto his own plate, offering him the first serving.[break][break]

"Take as much as you'd like!"[break][break]

Should Ben have been looking around the room at all he may have noticed all of the supplies hanging around loosely. During the wars, conflict, and fear that had been hovering over Lilycove city and surrounding areas, Avery's daycare had easily taken to becoming a sanctuary and surrogacy. She had become a healer, offering as much as she could despite being one person.[break][break]

It was just the person she is and likely always would be.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 1, 2020 1:50:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar
As a guest in her house, it is common for the host to give the first slice away. He is brought up in a traditional setting where this is common, else he would have told her to 'dig in' before him. Setting down on the chair opposite of Avery's, he would scoop a decent amount of good smelling pie onto his plate. During this process, he had noticed the items around her daycare.

It seemed Avery Collins had been pulled into the war - whether she liked it or not. Or rather, whether he liked it or not. He frowned into his food somewhat, his face cracking with worry. She was a soft, kind woman... it didn't seem right to pull her into this sort of thing. But he also knew she was strong. That's just the vibe he got from her. "Ye, t' war..." he says absently.

Too late to arrive, too late to participate. He had been stuck in Kalos until they moved him. "I'm glad the Daycare wasn't hit" he says now, looking up at her. From what he recalled, it had been a hellhole on the lower grounds of Lilycove. The station was up in arms with relief efforts, but it was good to know normal civilians tried too. A community helping each other... it warmed his heart.

Waiting for Avery to scoop her own meal out, he didn't touch his food until she did. Again, forced tradition and politeness. It was nothing against her. "T' station needs more people here" Ben says conversationally "dun't think they realize that non-rangers can help too. Was relocated here with relief efforts. But we... lack number fer everything."

As an able and new body, Ben was put to work immediately. He was happy for downtime like this, between good friends and better food.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 1:28:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery has never lived in a strict or rigid setting in terms of hospitality. Her parents were virtually out of the picture and rarely home. As soon as she had been old enough to stay home alone they had done as much. Of course, most of her time had been spent living with her grandparents -- and thus resulting in her taking care of their business in their stead. Since they had moved back to Fortree, she had remained in Lilycove to take the pressure off of their aging shoulders.[break][break]

And so whether or not she follows traditional customs doesn't occur to her at all. As soon as he is done serving himself she takes her turn, scooping a portion that she's almost positive she may not even finish all by herself. Her eyes were always bigger than her stomach.[break][break]

But she does catch the way the man's smile falters when she mentions the war. Her own expression falls alongside his and she hesitates before she sits down, watching him carefully and with a great deal of worry.[break][break]

"Is everything alright, Ben?"[break][break]

He speaks up, however, mentioning his relief regarding the daycare having not been hit. She exhales quietly, giving the room a brief glance. There is a small smile on her face but it seems strained, as though perhaps his comment isn't entirely true. The woman smooths her shirt as she sits across from him, tucking loose strands of hair behind her ear.[break][break]

"Well-- I'm glad you're here. The city and its people need a confident face among the crowd. We will be okay, I'm sure, if you're one of the people helping defend us."[break][break]

Avery offers him another smile from across the table.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 2:19:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He supposed he was grieving in his own way. Benedict never did handle conflict well, even as an experienced ranger. He much preferred everyone get along - but also knew it was a pipe dream. Different ideals would make different interactions that led to bad thoughts and hurt feelings. Even hate. "I hope so" he states this clearly, touched by her words but not enough to remove the cloud from his mind.

He would do everything in his limited power to be a defender of these poor people. They lost homes, possessions... even lives. Pokemon and people alike. He smiles down at his meal, slowly shoving a piece of the pie into his mouth. Warmth filled his body at the homecooked food's taste. It was heavenly, like his... well, not his mother made. The old Ignatius kitchen staff, perhaps. "Did ye avoid t' blunt of it?" he asks Avery.

Ben tries to keep the concern from his voice, but fails. Eye averting from her features, he glances around as if expecting the daycare to crumble and enemies to invade. To his knowledge, she hadn't taken part in the war. He was glad for that. He couldn't stand to see her covered in bandages, wincing as she moved... Not like the people at the hospital. Not his Avery. Anyone but her.

"It must've been terrifyin' fer the people" he says slowly, trying to keep his thoughts from spilling out and shoveled more food into his mouth. Ben doesn't know why he is sharing. He typically keeps his thoughts to himself. But something about the woman before him makes him drop his guard.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 3:32:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Grief was not an emotion she had truly ever felt, at least not that she had ever remembered or thought hard about. She was blessed, perhaps, or just really damn lucky to have never lost anyone she loved. Her parents were safe, albeit incredibly busy and absorbed in their careers, and her grandparents had moved back to Fortree before.. well.. all hell broke loose.[break][break]

She had been the only one to remain in Lilycove, other than perhaps her mother who worked as an exceptional doctor at one of the emergency hospitals in the city. It seemed that Hoenn was a popular spot for war and hate and crime -- and now for terrifying gateways to the unknown to open in the sky. Even the mere thought of them terrified her as she sat, her eyes widening and her face paling as she gave it even a moment of thought.[break][break]

But she quickly pulls herself together and back to the present, to the wonderful company she was sharing and to the beautiful pie laid out before her. She picks at it idly while he takes the first bite, and she plucks a piece into her mouth just as he asks her a question. Her pink gaze is soft as she gathers his attention, and she offers the man a reassuring smile in response. [break][break]

"Oh yes-- I am not much for battling or anything like that. I let those stronger and more capable handle that sort of thing. But my doors are always open to those that need help or a place to stay."[break][break]

Even the enemy, likely. Rockets though, not aliens. She wasn't the sort to ask questions. If someone needed her help, she would offer it, regardless of their background.[break][break]

She hums thoughtfully, perhaps a little sadly, as he finishes his thought. Avery averts her gaze briefly, unsure how exactly to respond. It had been terrifying, really. It might even be more so now that the threat of aliens had been brazenly announced. She couldn't imagine. In fact, she had hardly even believed the things she had seen on TV and heard over the news about what had happened months ago. It seemed outrageous.[break][break]

"It is scary, I won't lie. I am afraid of what might happen, what could happen."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 18:53:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He places his fork down, to the side of the plate, and listens politely. There is a subtle frown and a furrow but he remains quiet. Ben does not doubt the woman would help anyone in need. She is just the type of person to do that. He is also that type, though a bit wary sometimes, and rushes into danger head on to assist. He wants to say be careful without being patronizing. For people take advantage of kindness.

He doesn't want to see Avery hurt.

"It must've been a shock" the man states instead, giving a nod. Aliens, people from a different world... on top of that, there was Rocket still around. Who was the true enemy? Who was just misunderstood? Was everything upside down now? "haf' ya ever fought?" Ben asks Avery now, unbias in his question. She must work with the League in some way, in the past or the present... he didn't think she belonged with Rocket.

But it wouldn't have mattered if she was Rocket. At least not to him. He can't see Avery raising her fists let alone her Pokemon to another being. But people can surprise you, and when they were backed into a corner they truly shone. "Ah" but he remembers he is a guest in her home, and he is giving deep yet prodding questions. "sorry" Ben raises a hand to grip the back of his neck. "I don't know an'one else here..."

His explanation trails off as does his gaze. "Yer capable" he says slowly "I can see that" the last thing he wanted was to make her feel lesser or coddle her "I just worry. A lot." Especially concerning his friends.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
oran berry pie [s]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 22:38:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
social thread

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
talks like june

[attr=class,bulk]
Avery watches as he lowers his fork, and, for a moment, she grows mildly concerned that he's lost his appetite. Or that she's said something wrong, or that the food wasn't to his liking. She hesitates, studying him curiously as he listens to her finish speaking. She can't help the way her stomach flops at the way he remains attentive and interested, as if he's hanging on her every word.[break][break]

"I'm waiting for someone to tell me this is all just a bad dream, and I'm making it all up."[break][break]

She laughs but the effort is forced and breathless. She is afraid, and that much could easily be detected in the way her voice shakes mid-laugh and her fork trembles between her fingers. Avery picks at her food a moment, pushing it around on her plate. The woman's attention rises in surprise at his question, and she opens her mouth to answer. But he interrupts to apologize and admit to her that he's worried. It makes her heart beat a little bit faster.[break][break]

"No-- no, I like your questions. Please don't be afraid to tell me what's on your mind."[break][break]

He looks away from her and she blinks, hanging now on his every word. He compliments her so easily and she blushes, overwhelmed by the confidence behind his words. [break][break]

"That is really sweet of you, to be so worried about me. But I promise I don't fight. I-- that just isn't something I ever want to do."[break][break]

Her Pokemon were not violent in nature. She was not violent, and it was hard to imagine her ever even defending herself should push come to shove, should it come to her life or theirs. She would never raise a hand in anger or fear, not if it meant hurting someone.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

@benedict

punki

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
EO GENESIS
Code and Crown: An advanced literate warriors cats RP, set in medieval times