played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
Death does not save you from the cruelty of man.
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
The Search for Heaven's Angels [S]
POSTED ON Nov 2, 2020 15:11:58 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]
[attr="class","merkpokesI"]

Fortree City wasn't a place Celeste had ever truly been before, but she was here on a personal mission, not a sightseeing visit. Still, her eyes couldn't help but look at a few of the various homes almost floating above in the trees and their bridges between them. It was a seamless merge of nature and humanity in a way that respected the forest and the skies they called home and she couldn't help but find it quite homey in away. She understood the appeal, even if it wasn't necessarily for her.

Focusing on her mission, Celeste began to walk over towards the Fortree Rescue & Treatment Sanctuary where her target worked and operated out of, considering his gym was within the same building as well. Alexei Ivanov, the Flying Type gym leader. There wasn't too much unique about the man in any way that immediately stood out to her, asides from his obvious passion for flying pokemon. However, that was simply common knowledge. What wasn't as easily known, however, was how he managed to coerce the Phione from the war during Lilycove to assist in their endeavors, literally clinging to him.

She had a few thoughts on the matter, but for the moment would reserve judgment until she heard from the individual himself. Her steps were careful, carrying herself as tall as she could, despite the intense bruising that still remained at her sides. They wouldn't be going away anytime soon, but perhaps they were simply a badge of pride. Experiencing a close call with an Ultra Beast and surviving to tell the tale.

Of course, with the daytime hours, Celeste had to have a parasol covering her from the sun's rays, only closing it as soon as she stepped inside the building itself. It wouldn't exactly be a good idea to come over with her skin already burnt. Regardless, as she folded up her parasol and leaned against it like a cane her eyes scanned around the place. It was absolutely packed, wild pokemon and trainers pokemon alike were getting patched up after the war. The aftermath seemed like it would be affecting Hoenn for the foreseeable future, it seemed.

Stepping forwards, Celeste spoke with a calm tone to her voice as she attempted to catch the attention of at least one of the employees at a moment where they seemed to have a moment of free time. "Excuse me, I am searching for Alexei Ivanov. Can point me towards the man's office, perhaps?"

[attr="class","merktagI"]

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #967BB6; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2020 0:58:23 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Everything was a mess, honestly.

He’d made the decision to open up the Sanctuary as an alternative medical facility, and the moment that happened people as well as Pokémon came pouring in. It was like there was no end in sight to the wounded and injured coming in.

While most of the ‘casualties’ were Pokémon, there were a few people who needed medical attention—and while they could manage light injuries, they had to redirect other injured combatants to the bigger hospitals. Soon the crowd was mostly injured Pokémon of a variety of types, and the staff that had stayed behind to help Alexei keep the place running had their hands full, to say the least.

Some of them were running around, carrying injured Pokémon and heading out back to the sterile medical facilities in the back of the area. Most were treated where they rested, bandages and the strong smell of antiseptic clouding the area as the chorus of injured Pokémon rose up in a collective, unified wailing noise.

Such was enough to send weaker people running, but everyone present had to steel their nerves because this was the truth, the reality of what had happened. The aftermath of what had been called the ‘war for Hoenn’ had spread this far, and there was no escape.

A brown-haired staff member turned to the voice that was addressing him, before blinking a few moments.

“Oh, please wait while I call him,” before reaching up to an earpiece and pressing on it. After a quick exchange, he turned to look at the pale young woman.

“He’ll be here soon. Do mind the injured Pokémon, please, he added a few seconds later before giving her an apologetic look and sweeping off to attend to more incoming patients.

close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
POSTED ON Nov 7, 2020 23:47:33 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Celeste honestly couldn't blame them all for being quite a bit disorganized. This was, after all, supposed to be a center to assist in the health of pokemon. However, it certainly seemed like there were quite a few trainers themselves here for medical attention themselves. She wasn't entirely sure how far the poisonous toxins had spread, but she of all people could attest to the horrors of war. It almost took her life on the warfront itself, after all. The large bruises on her sides were evidence of that.

Celeste simply nodded her head as the man called for Alexei. It simply seemed like he was busy, as could only be expected given the chaotic nature of his workplace. Stepping back away from the counter, she walked back across the room and around the various injured individuals. She certainly looked out of place dressed up in her typical suit, but she refused to compromise on her appearance at a moment as important as this.

Celeste didn't bother sitting down. She didn't need to make her injuries obvious, with the pain she'd receive by attempting to stand back up. No, continuing to stand would have to suffice. Ever since that tentacled beast wrapped around her, even breathing hard had become a bit of a difficult situation. Regardless, she'd let out a quiet sigh and lean heavily on her umbrella.

She was a patient woman, willing to wait months for any sign of progress. And yet, right now, she couldn't help but feel a bit anxious. A man who had multiple direct contact with Phione, was just beyond the hospital doors. How could she remain calm at all? Despite her best efforts, she couldn't help but glance down at her Rotom-Phone to check the time, its blinking eyes teasingly grinning up at her as it rang a phone notification to get her attention.

"Yeah, you be quiet." She'd whisper to her Rotom named Voltergeist, chuckling ever so quietly. "This is a hospital, mute any calls or messages that come in until I leave, alright?" The phone vibrated in her hand as confirmation, just excitedly floating up and around her side, unable to help but just look around. She never could get him to leave her phone, but he seemed quite pleased at being her personal servant.

With that in mind, Celeste would simply stand back and wait, her eyes continually scanning across the floor, wondering just what door Alexei might exit out from.

[newclass=.merkI] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkI b] color: #967BB6; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merktagI a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.merkpokesI img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Nov 8, 2020 19:41:46 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Eventually, the man of the hour himself would emerge, peeling off gloves before heading towards a trash can marked for hazardous waste and dropping the gloves in there. Reaching for the alcohol, he quickly disinfected his hands before heading right in the direction of the person who was looking for him.

“Excuse me, miss—“ he began, approaching the equally-pale woman who had a phone in her hands. “You were—looking for me?” he confirmed, since there was nobody else who matched the description that he was given.

“Is there—is there something you would want to speak with me about?” he inquired. Normally he would entertain challengers (and visitors) in the reception area where they were, but seeing as it had been converted into a temporary hospital ward, he figured it was better to go elsewhere—less crowded.

That is, when his guest would speak up so that they could move somewhere much more private.

close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
POSTED ON Dec 3, 2020 21:27:20 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

Alexei finally revealed himself, and Celeste couldn't help but quickly examine him as he approached. He was pale as well, certainly not someone she would have expected to be a gym leader or to work at a place like this based on appearances alone. However, she of all individuals knew well enough that looks could be more deceiving than words.

"Yes, there is something I would like to speak with you about." She would give Alexei a soft smile, nodding politely as she once again leaned on her parasol in anticipation. "It is admittedly, of a more personal subject matter, so discretion might be appreciated, but I suppose I am getting ahead of myself."

She let out a deep breath to calm herself, simply motioning for her Rotom to return her phone back to her pocket. Voltergeist glanced up at her trainer, and the stranger before him, before just tucking itself back away. Now was an important moment that she dare not rush through. Given the reputation of her family in Hoenn, presenting herself as best as possible could only help to ease any potential issues. After all, she had no idea how popular, or unpopular was during her time as councilwoman amongst the Gym Leaders.

Reaching a hand forward to obviously shake his own hand, she nodded her head as she began to speak. "Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Celeste Abbiati, at your service." The woman paused, mentally debating for just a few seconds where to direct the immediate conversation before deciding that flattery and thanks might eventually lead to the answers she desired.

"I had also joined in the defense of Lilycove City, albeit not without a few scars. It was through some of your actions that I managed to survive. But that is another matter, may we move somewhere a bit more private, perhaps?" She kept that same, diplomatic smile on her face, even though the self-inflicted wound to her pride clearly stung, perhaps more than her bruises did.

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 6:52:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

His eyebrows went up at the mention of something more ‘private’ but he was not going to press the issue further—especially not in front of so many people. Knowing that the need for being discreet was what was needed, he scanned the area quietly through his peripheral vision.

Thankfully, nobody was looking their way, however the walls had ears and he figured it best to go somewhere more—secluded, if that was the term—so they could speak more freely.

At the mention of ‘Abbiati’, though, his eyebrows pinched together in a frown.

“You’re… you’re related to that nut job? he began quietly, taking the offered hand and leading her down the hallway to the back area where the gym proper was installed. Unlike most Gym structures that confined themselves within buildings, he preferred to keep his Gym arena open to the skies rather than trapping people inside a cage.

Now that there were a lot less people around—the only things that were making their presence known were a portion of his rather… large Pokémon armada, flying about in the skies or grazing through the area—he turned to face her.

“Were you one of the Wailord users?” he inquired, now that they were outside with a far lower chance of being overheard. “I remember… there were two? Or three? Of them.”

close tab

played by

Magnere

she/her
December 4th
Slateport City
Pansexual
Fortune Teller
Grunt
awards
97 posts
part of
TAG WITH @celeste
Celeste Abbiati
POSTED ON Aug 15, 2021 15:35:32 GMT
Celeste Abbiati Avatar
[attr="class","merkI"]

"Yes, regretfully." Celeste would allow herself to be lead out into the back of the gym proper. Perhaps someday, she could return to this location under more agreeable circumstances. "Not directly, of course. I do believe she was the cousin of my mother, or something else fairly similarly confusing. I have long since abandoned attempting to understand the family tree."

She took a few moments to examine the area around them, her eyes drifting to the skies and the pokemon flying about. There was certainly something genuine about a place like this, and the man who chose to work here. Her eyes would slowly lock back onto his before she continued to speak. "I was indeed, yes. Tiny, as my Wailord is affectionately called, was the one who slammed into that building-looking beast with the power of a Z-Move. And before you ask, yes he has fully recovered his injuries. He's received plenty of care and praise."

"However," Celeste pause for a second as she began, leaning onto her umbrella to sustain her weight a little bit. "The reason I ask for privacy is of a matter I'm sure you would rather not be told to the entire world. I am unaware of how much you are aware of the stereotypical faith of the Abbiati family, much of it is bogus I assure you. But there are a few things that are still held near and dear to my heart."

Celeste would take a deep breath, trying to ignore the pain that it caused as the bruises all along her sides that threatened to knock her out. Even still, she couldn't help but wince slightly. "I'll be straight to the point. You were blessed with the assistance of many of oceans little angels, during the encounter. Phione. They seemed to take a liking to you, I simply desire to understand why they appeared to trust you so implicitly. For the presence of so many... You must have done something, right? Something to make them happy? I honestly have no idea."

There was certainly an apprehension to her voice, her nerves peeking through. And yet, she fought to remain upright and calm, her physical expression refused to budge. "I figured, perhaps you'd appreciate the honesty."

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,029 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Aug 16, 2021 23:17:38 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Going straight to the heart of the matter, then.

His brows furrowed as he listened to her explain her side—about how most of the Abbiati faith was—

He had to bite back a grin for the briefest of moments at her explanation.

“She did sound like a crackpot when she was explaining it. No—or should I correct myself, some offense meant,” he began with a scowl at the thought of—her.

How dare she—!

Just the thought of one of the eight little troublemakers dying at her hands made his own blood boil. Clearly the death of that little one still weighed heavily on him, even though there was a monument under construction at Lilycove to commemorate the many deaths that had happened during the Three-Day War.

The moment she revealed what she wanted to know, he looked around—despite the fact that it was just them two, and his armada of Pokémon—outside.

“Shoal Cave,” was what he said first.

“I went there, long ago, looking for answers—answers as to how and why there was an egg there. Clearly, after securing the egg, rumor has it a lot of people followed afterward—but it was only me—us, if you count my companion—who were able to secure the egg.”

Oh, what a ride.

“When she hatched—yes, I know Pokémon of their kind don’t conform to any kind of gender, but she speaks to me—kept poking me about where she’d come from. You kind of get used to understanding them after a while. So—anyway, we went back to Shoal Cave, and then…”

It was here he dropped off, choosing not to reveal the fact he couldn’t swim. Instead he showed her a captured ‘image’ of the strange red-and-blue Pokémon he’d encountered in the depths of the cave.

“We met this. Don’t know what it’s called, but it was scaring a bunch of Phione in the caves. I—I don’t know how I was able to do it, but I managed to drive it away. And then, they all started swarming me.”

That was as best as he was going to reveal.

“Why do you ask?” he followed up once he was done sharing his tale.