sea of clouds

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 5:56:01 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[googlefont=Montserrat:700,700i|Open+Sans:400,400i,700]

[newclass=.angelonfire-1] --aofAccent:#fcc200; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1 img] animation-play-state:running!important;[/newclass]

[attr="class","angelonfire-1"]
[attr="class","aofSidebar-1"]

tag

[attr="class","aofBody"]

hoenn isn't what she was told it would be. [break][break]

it was quiet. it was far, far too quiet. especially after the disasters that befell the region after the war, and the new attempts to restore it. frankly, it was all a bit too much for the little lady to cram into her head. she was, after all, supposed to be a student enrolling herself into college this year. the war, unfortunately, deterred any plans of getting higher education. at least, for this year. somehow, over the years, she was finally able to save the money from odd jobs and her adventures to pay the tuition - only for it to be held off when she was finally going to use it.[break][break]

now, she did love her adventures. she did love her time walking around, exploring the regions and meeting new people. the problem is that she wanted to do something else with her life, as the idea of floating from region to region, without really settling down, wasn't in her books. [break][break]

the young woman sighs softly, nails gently tapping on the hardcover textbook that rested against her lap. what was she going to do with this, then? she already got the books she thought that she needed when going back to school, yet here she was. money sunk into something she didn't actually need. she wanted to sell it, but no one would be taking books such a short time after a war. taking this protection job wasn't too bad either, in terms of money. as far as she was concerned, maybe the criminals decided to be more quiet after the ruckus? [break][break]

the fact that they seem to have already was evident, based off the fact that she had already been sitting there for around an hour. she was told to defend and stand guard, but it was so, so boring. the wooloo rolled around peacefully, and the comfortable ones dared to approach her. she had ample time to talk and spend time with them but, now that they had played until they were tuckered out, she was, too. [break][break]

"a small nap can't hurt.." she yawns softly, placing a hand on top of the textbook as herother hand gently caressed the soft heaven of the sheep "just a little nap.."

[attr="class","aofCredit"]SELKIE

[newclass=.angelonfire-1] width:575px; border-radius:5px; background-color:#eee; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1] width:200px; background-color:#5a5a5a; background-color:var(--aofAccent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1 img] width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; z-index:1; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #333; border-radius:100%; animation: aofpulse 5s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes aofpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 50% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1 div:last-child] display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; text-align:left; position:absolute; bottom:-5px; left:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1 div:last-child a] font:700 30px/25px montserrat; font-style:italic; text-transform:lowercase; color:#fafafa!important; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:500px; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/mZ7zmp/1_by_Cold_Love98_1_copy.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody] width:300px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody b] font:700 10px montserrat; color:var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody i] color:#999; border-bottom:1px solid var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:first-child] width:272px; min-height:125px; margin:25px 25px 0px 25px; padding:0px 25px; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; font:400 10px open sans; text-align:justify; color:#6a6a6a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:last-child] width:325px; text-align:justify; font:400 10px open sans; color:#aaa; padding:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofCredit] font:bold 7px roboto; margin-left:500px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofCredit a] font:bold 7px roboto!important; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Nov 23, 2020 13:07:32 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

A youth's voice cut through such thoughts.

"That's just tempting fate, girlie." He said bluntly, his steps crunching on the grass as he came closer until he stood above her. His straw hat kept the sun from illuminating his face, but his lazy grin was easy to see.

It was also easy to see it quickly turn into a playful sneer at the sight of her books.

"Yuck. Ya really are trying to go to sleep, huh?" He said with an self-amused snort, reaching up to readjust his straw hat. 

As a firm believer in the value of school truancy, he really didn't care for such clearly non-fantastical bodies of literature.

"Name's Doug, missy. Just got recruited into this business." He said, gesturing widely at their surroundings, before slumping right down onto his ass besides her. "Mr. Farmer looked real nervous 'bout his flock, so I reckon' the usual suspects are pretty clever 'round these parts.

He didn't look the part of a farmer, sans the strawhat, but he certainly sounded like one.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 2:41:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","aofBody"]

"ah." a sudden voice made way to her ears, just before she could drift off into the heaven known as a wooloo's fleece. she moves her blonde locks from aquamarine eyes, taking a glance up at who could be addressing her. a boy, who seemed to be enjoying the comforts of his straw hat. was he the farmer's child? it would make sense, considering how he spoke. though his appearance reminded her more of someone from alola.. even if she hadn't been there before. the fashion was pretty distinct. [break][break]

she gets up and brushes the dirt off her white dress, turning to the boy while wearing a soft smile on her lips. "i'm sorry. the wooloo are just so soft, i couldn't help myself~" she chimes, expression brightening before her eyes fall to her own, open hand, stretched out to him. "my name is felicity. it's nice to meet you, doug!" [break][break]

it was nice to know that the farmer had such a nice so--[break][break]

"you aren't his son?" she asks the words before they could run through her mind, prompting her to use her other hand and gently rub the back of her neck from the embarrassment. looks like she hadn't fully woken up from her daze. [break][break]

"s-sorry, i'm still a bit tired. i've been outside for the past hour, but i haven't seen anything."

[newclass=.angelonfire-1] width:575px; border-radius:5px; background-color:#eee; overflow:hidden; display:flex; flex-flow:row wrap; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1] width:200px; background-color:#5a5a5a; background-color:var(--aofAccent); display:flex; align-items:center; justify-content:center; position:relative; overflow:hidden; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1 img] width:100px; height:100px; position:absolute; z-index:1; padding:5px; background-color:#fafafa; border:10px solid #333; border-radius:100%; animation: aofpulse 5s infinite; animation-play-state:paused; } @keyframes aofpulse { 0% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0.25); } 50% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 50px rgba(0,0,0, 0); } 100% { -moz-box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); box-shadow: 0 0 0 0 rgba(0,0,0, 0); }[/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1 div:last-child] display:block; width:190px; overflow-wrap: break-word; word-wrap: break-word; text-transform:lowercase; font-style:italic; text-align:left; position:absolute; bottom:-5px; left:5px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1 div:last-child a] font:700 30px/25px montserrat; font-style:italic; text-transform:lowercase; color:#fafafa!important; text-shadow:-1px -1px 0 #333, 1px -1px 0 #333, -1px 1px 0 #333, 1px 1px 0 #333; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofSidebar-1:before] content:''; position:absolute; width:100%; height:500px; bottom:0px; left:0px; background:url(https://image.ibb.co/mZ7zmp/1_by_Cold_Love98_1_copy.png); opacity:.15; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody b] font:700 10px montserrat; color:var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody i] color:#999; border-bottom:1px solid var(--aofAccent); [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:first-child] width:272px; min-height:125px; margin:25px 25px 0px 25px; padding:0px 25px; border-left:1px solid #ddd; border-right:1px solid #ddd; font:400 10px open sans; text-align:justify; color:#6a6a6a; [/newclass]
[newclass=.aofBody div:last-child] width:325px; text-align:justify; font:400 10px open sans; color:#aaa; padding:25px; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 3:18:55 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Pleasure, Felicity." He said, before laughing. "And nah, I ain't no farmer's son- what gave the impression?"

He didn't seem facetious while saying this. Even as he reached up to tip his straw hat at her once again, shaking his head at her apology.

"Nothin' to apologize fo'. An hour of nothing but breeze, books and these fluffy fellas will put an insomniac to sleep." He said while pulling a tiny pokeball out of his pocket, it growing to fullsize as he continued speaking. "It can't be avoided, but no need to be careless! Let's get some guards out, just in case! Namegon, yer up!"

He threw the pokeball into the air, and it released out a bug type pokemon covered in scarf like membrane, the longer strands fluttering dramatically in the wind as the ninja like bug half turned with his arms crossed over his chest to look at Doug and Felicity.

"Your mission is clear, Shadow of Slateport." Doug said, suddenly speaking in a lower pitch and a heavy, made up accent, eyes narrowing underneath his hat. "Protect the farmer's flock. Not a single one must disappear."

The Accelgor nodded dramatically, before seemingly vanishing before their eyes in a blur of motion.

Doug responded by unceremoniously dropping onto his butt then and there, stretching his arms above his head with a lazy grunt before lying down on the grass, his hand shifting his straw hat over his face.

"Why r'ya takin' jobs from farmers anyway, dudette?" He said, wondering what a girl like her was doing here. It wasn't nice to judge someone on appearances... but it was easier to make conversation that way. "Me, the last invasion at Slateport left me homeless. Just making any cash I can."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 3:53:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","aofBody"]

the sunny and friendly attitude was more than welcome. [break][break]

she smiles some more, gesturing her hand up to imitate the presence of a hat. "the straw hat is what made me think that." she tilts her head. listening to him go on, though, was rather amusing in of itself. at least it showed how energetic he was, and it put her at ease. he was understanding, too, so it didn't look like she had to worry about being reprimanded for falling asleep with the wooloo. er.. almost falling asleep. she returns the textbook that was previously on her lap into her messenger bag.[break][break]

the idea to bring out some guards was probably better, what with needing more eyes. and, with that in mind, she pulls out her pokeball and sends out a little rowlet, hoo-ing in delight. "garuda?" she asks, tilting her head with a small smile directed to it. "please help us keep an eye out here, too." and with a chirp, the little bird pokemon hovers over to perch on top of the blonde girl's head. [break][break]

doug seemed to be more.. dramatic about it. though it was understandable, seeing that the pokemon was quite an extra little ninja too. with an amused hum, she sends out a second pokemon - a froslass that held her hand over the lower half of her face, giving an icy glare to the young trainers. "shiva, please look out with us, too." she asks. froslass were quite adept at their illusions, and she knows she could easily have the pokemon deter potential crooks, hoping to get their hands on the rare pokemon. [break][break]

with that, the froslass utilizes its ghost abilities and ventures out undetected. felicity turns her attention back to doug, holding an arm as she mulled his question over. "well.. it's nothing as important as needing money due to homelessness, but.." she starts, then raises her arm to rest her hand against the back of her neck. "i was supposed to go to college in hoenn, but the war ended up.. pushing it back. i'm hoping to make money up for the money i lost. i'm sorry to hear that you lost your home.."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 12:54:26 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Cute mon's you've got." He said from where he laid, hat tilted at an angle to let him see her pokemon of choice.

He chuckled at the words preceding her problems, grinning.

"Everyone's got their problems, girlie. Don't worry about mine; they sound worse than they actually are." He said, shrugging his shoulders.

Losing one's home and becoming homeless might sound awful- and it usually would have been. But.

"I'm a trainer." He said, winking at her from under the hat. "I can set camp anywhere on this mudball and be just dandy."

He sounded mighty confident, and hey, why shouldn't he be? Trainers' camping gear these days was nothing to sniff at. If he could keep finding odd jobs and winning pokemon battles... He would be fine.

But enough about him. Her problems were not as easily solved.

"Them's the books for, eh?" He said. "Didn't think I would meet an egghead at a farm! Show's what I know."

He was trying to lighten the mood, remembering a little too late that not everyone made light of their own problems as he did. Reaching up to scratch at his chin, he nibbled on his own tongue behind his sealed lips, considering his next words.

"No one willing to buy those back in these times, huh?" He said, sighing. "I ain't much for an education, but sorry about yours. This nonsense would never have happened if it weren't for those good for nothing rockets."

He frowned underneath his hat at the memory of the word alone, clicking his tongue in almost instinctive distaste.

He stopped once he realized these were not particularly uplifting words.

"... At least they are gone now." He said with a sigh. Mostly because he wasn't too sure if they were himself. It was just what the league claimed. He hoped they were right. "Hoenn will be back on its feet in no time; before you know it, you'll be going to college to become a..."

He paused.

"What'cha studying, anyway?"

TAG:felicity
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 18:59:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","aofBody"]

well, she could relate.[break][break]

as a trainer, she'd been able to sleep out in the wild. she had a camping set with her, at least, so it wasn't too hard to set up for the night when she decided to travel around. though, it'd probably be a good idea to try and find some apartments she could rent. after she made enough money for a down payment. [break][break]

not to mention the demand after the war. [break][break]

felicity rubs the back of her neck, a little tick to show her anxiety. "no.. no one's really willing to buy them. was thinking that i could sell them off next year, when the schools are hopefully back in session." after all, it would be difficult for hr to get into the swing of things when the region was trying to recover. [break][break]

bringing up rockets was enough to make the young woman sigh. if it weren't for them back in the day, things would have been more peaceful. at least, after their disbanding, the region was much more quiet. a shame that beasts decided to come out of nowhere, and declare war on hoenn. [break][break]

"oh!" she snaps out of her thought, in favour of smiling in response. "i want to get into wedding planning, so i'm studying finance and interior design!" fancy city things. she's been around in nature for a bit too long.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Nov 24, 2020 19:17:57 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Wedding plannin'?" He said, echoing her with curiosity.

It was somewhat strange to see someone interested studying something so completely unrelated to pokemon.

Scratching at his chin, he pursed his lips, deep in thought.

"Interior design... Oh, then you've got a sketchpad with ya!" He said, grinning. He was only mildly acquainted with the discipline... But it had design in its name, so he assumed she probably drew. "Mind if I look through it?"

He had made a few (ugly) sketches in the past, but they had all been bug type pokemon. Pokemon were so important to daily life most people (himself included) had little attention for anything else.

He snorted.

"I reckon' that's why I ain't any good at it." He said without offering much context, mostly to himself.

"I'm a terrible student, but maybe ya could do some self-teachin' while ya wait?" He said, glancing at the bag where she had stuffed her book earlier. "Ya got the books, and sounds like ya got the want for it."

TAG:felicity
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Dec 5, 2020 17:47:44 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","aofBody"]

"ah, yeah! wedding planning!" the young blonde smiles, fingers tented together as to show her enthusiasm. she was always much more fond of fairy tales, or scenes that came from them, so much so that she hoped the recreate something like that for a joyous event - and what better than a wedding? besides, there needed to be some people who took up the other, lower profile jobs in the world. trainers were plentiful and, though she was one, she was more keen on the adventure in her youth before all else. [break][break]

her enthusiasm dies down a bit as the topic of her sketchbook came up, though. this time, she shakes her head and gently rubs the back of her neck, moreso with a bashful expression on her face and reflecting in her sky blue eyes. "a-actually.." she starts, giving an anxious smile "it's a bit.. embarrassing. my sketchbook is pretty private, sorry..". more like she couldn't stomach the embarrassment that came with someone looking at her mediocre scribbles, she calls drawing. though she wasn't all too bad at it, there was always a part of her that nagged for improvement. [break][break]

she thought about doing some studying on her own, but "i can't do that while we're on the job, though!" she perks up, cheek puffing out a tad as she pouted. "besides, i'd feel bad if you ended up doing all the work, while i sat down and studied on my own!" she had a responsibility! she couldn't let someone younger than her take up the ob and do all the work for her - what ind of role model would she be?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Playing hard to get
With a time traveler
awards
2,827 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
sea of clouds
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 3:33:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Can't blame ya." He said, shrugging off the denial with a chuckle. "Wouldn't show off my own crap either- though I doubt yers is anywhere as crap as mine."

Most artists in his school were also pretty shy about their stuff, so he just assumed it was an artist thing at this point.

The youth lazily rolled his head, which currently rested atop his interlocked fingers with a hat atop his face, to look at her. Even with the hat covering his face, one could almost feel the tilted brow.

"No need to worry 'bout that, lass. Agent Slateport's all over it." He said, grinning as he gestured with his chin towards his Accelgor in the far distance, who stood ever vigilant.

"See? Heck, just look at me. Purty lax, ain't I?" He said, and once again gestured with only his chin, this time to himself, laying on the grass.

"But if ya can't study, I'll be happy to distract ya from work anyway." He said with a cheeky grin. "Ever been to slateport? It's an important place so, I figure if ya haven't yet, ya will eventually. Anyway, let me tell ya 'bout my new home- The homeless camp."

Beat.

"I swear it's a lot better than it sounds."