Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Merry Mistletoe Meeting [MM]
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 17:56:09 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

Control is an illusion to ease the pain that is life.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

Elinor stood at a table within the designated area for the charity event. The winter decorum helping to establish a relaxed setting for what was supposed to be some sort of speed-dating event. This table was supposedly going to be the point were she was meeting her speed-date. Clad in a grey business suit that fit her perfectly and hair tied in a tightknit tail hanging down her back. She looked more like she was about to do a business transaction than a date platonic or otherwise.
[break][break]
Her eyes darted around her surroundings scanning for her fellow charity event participant. Stray thoughts of whether her family had anything to do with this event or not floated through her mind for a second or two, but she decided not to latch onto it for further rummaging. Instead she realized that it was a bit chilly today, at least for Hoenn standards.
[break][break]
“Are they going to come or not?” She mumbled quietly to herself. She was growing tired of waiting, but she did her best to not let that show on her face, but alas she couldn’t help but cross her arms at her front, closing up her body language in clear annoyance. She closed her eyes for a second while reminding herself that she ought to be patient.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap
@william60

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify; border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 6, 2020 22:06:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr="class","ren"]"I'll protect you, no matter the cost."

A few days before the Speed Dating event, there had been a plethora of booths that were set up near the center of town for people to sign up for. Among those booths, there had also been a Fighting Tournament that was set up for fun, and that had originally been Hit's goal. When he had come to sign up for the Tourney, he had asked a group of girls for help with the situation and they had done exactly that!... Or so Hit had thought. The truth was that these girls had plotted on Hit and put him in the wrong line, keeping him company and while he was annoyed with the sudden attention that he got it was better than having to figure out the situation himself. So when Hit had left that day with the information for the event, such as the time and date, he had been mentally preparing for a different type of day.

When Hit had arrived at the area for the Charity event and everything was covered in fake snow and people were mingling about, there was a clear look of confusion that was on his face, "What the hell..." People were blushing, giggling, and getting to know one another and this was not what the man had been expecting. This was more social interaction in a single place that Hit had done in his whole life. Hesitantly, the man had approached the counter for the event and given his name, asking where his partner for the event was going to be. Maybe people were just really weird and excited to fight each other? He couldn't really understand how anyone was going to fight in the clothing they had wore to the event but that wasn't really something that he concerned himself with. He wasn't going to judge others sparring outfits.

Hit would be instructed towards a table that had a woman who seemed to physically respresent the opposites of the large man. The woman wore a formal suit that accented her form, even from where he was the elegance that she would carry herself in comparison. She had a more refined look than the rugged man, who stood at a towering six feet and seven inches tall. Of course, that wasn't the only thing about Hit that stood out as he walked over towards the table. The man wore a pair of fur pants that were made from some Pokemon, though the stitchwork made it seem like it had done professionally the man had done so himself. On his upper body was a tanned hide vest that was mostly open in the front, tied only around the stomach area by a sash of sorts. This exposed the man's toned arms and chest, as well as the fact that he carried a series of scars across his body that he seemed more than proud to have.

As he approached the table, his eyes would unabashedly look over the woman's form before looking at her face, having taken in her measure as a sparring partner and her choice of clothing. There was also a comical nametag on the man's shirt that read 'Hit'. He'd stand on the other side of the table and ask, "So, you're going to be my opponent?"

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.ren]letter-spacing:-1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ren:hover]letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 7, 2020 9:48:56 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

She did wonder if she had been unfortunate enough to not be assigned a partner. That could happen if they were an unequal amount of participants after all. She was almost about to go ask the coordinator of the event this very question when a man appeared at her table.
[break][break]
She turned towards him. Her eyes immediately went to work taking in his appearance. He towered at least twenty centimeters above her, so she did have to look up to meet his face. But that meant she had a good excuse to take a good look at his body and attire, just as he seemed to be doing to her. A smile formed on her lips as she decided that she liked what she saw. If anything he seemed like a strong potential ally to have with her new carrier as a Pokémon trainer, though that obviously assumed he was one too, which she had to remind herself that she didn’t know whether he was or not yet.
[break][break]
He opened his mouth and asked a question. She couldn’t help but look a bit confused. She tilted her head slightly in some sort of amused confusion as she replied. “Opponent?” Elinor asked, her voice smooth but obviously curious. “Are you sure you are at the right event?” She didn’t really give him time to reply because the answer seemed to be quite clear, so she quickly decided to inform him just what event this was. “This is the Charity Speed-date event.” Though her face and voice spoke of amusement regarding this obvious mix-up the rest of her body-language stayed closed, arms crossed at her front, clearly not about to let her defenses down in his presence yet.

@pharaohleap
@william60

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify; border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind;letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2020 21:01:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

There was a long moment of silence as the woman would have spoken to the man in response, the look on his face going from mildly confused, to annoyed, to simply a bit glum, "You've got to be kidding me." Was the first set of words that would leave his mouth as he looked around at everyone. Suddenly the decorations, the giggling, and everything else around him made much more sense and he felt like a fish out of water. His eyes cautiously scanned the area around him before he'd let out a long, drawn out breath, "I see that I was tricked by the ladies that helped me sign up. This is embarrassing." The tension that had been building in his shoulders would leave as he'd let out a loud laugh suddenly, the sound coming from the depths of his stomach and being more than genuine.

After his boisterous laugh, he would turn his attention towards his partner for this Speed Dating event that he had been tricked into coming to, "I was originally trying to sign up for a Martial Arts Tournament, I am woefully underprepared for a night like this." Hit decided to be completely honest with the woman, seeing as there wasn't a single reason he could've thought of to lie to her. The man would simply shake his head at the moment but then he'd offer the woman a large grin, "Well, if you'll still have me then I might as well stay for the event. I traveled all this way, it'd be a loss to simply leave." At his next comment, his eyes shifted to meet hers, "And there are worst ways to spend my time than talking to an attractive lady."

Hit would then extend his hand across the table and offer it to her for a handshake, "My name is Hit Montop, and, although by accident, it is nice to meet you." It was hard to mentally switch from a mentality of fighting to that of mingling but he was going to do his best.

[googlefont=Oswald]
[newclass=.ren]letter-spacing:-1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
[newclass=.ren:hover]letter-spacing:1px;-webkit-transition:all 1.5s ease;transition:all 1.5s ease;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2020 13:30:13 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

She couldn’t help but find it a little bit amusing when the man came to the realization of the error that happened. A quiet chuckle escaped her lips, though she quickly quelled it to focus upon the explanation that the man gave her. She gave a small but attentive nod when he said that he had intended to partake in a Martial Arts Tournament, it made sense then the question he gave her upon arrival.
[break][break]
Elinor wondered whether the man would drop from the event or continue partaking in it. She was actually about to ask him when he decided to ask her a similar question. “Oh flattery will get you nowhere.” She spoke teasingly a delicate smile on her lips. “ But I certainly will appreciate the company. Having someone to talk to is always nice, after all.” Elinor answered. The man extended an arm towards her across the table and she took it with a firm grip, and in doing so allowing her other hand to move down to her side.
[break][break]
“It is a pleasure to meet you Hit Montop. My name is Elinor Anderson.” She released her hand from the handshake and moved to take a seat at the table they had been granted. She made herself comfortable in the chair before moving on to making another comment. “You probably hear this a lot, but that is a bit of an unusual name you have. I have to assume there is a story behind it, am I wrong?” She paused for a second but quickly continued. “If you don’t mind me prying, that is.” Elinor said trying to reassure the man that if he didn’t want to tell her, then that would be perfectly alright.

@pharaohleap
@william60

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 3:31:25 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Hit would allow the woman to take the lead without arguing, moving over towards the table that was assigned to them for the event, and taking a seat across from the woman. As she introduced herself, he wasn't surprised that the next words that came out of her mouth would be about his name. Not that it bothered him, he had gotten the question a few times and because of that, he had stopped giving out his full name. But as she asked, there was a small grin that tugged at her lips, especially when she told him that he didn't need to, "Oh trust me, I don't do anything I have no interest in." His voice had lowered a bit as he made the comment, making eye contact with the woman as he wore a soft grin.

In his chair he would lean back a bit, getting a bit more comfortable before he'd give a soft shrug of his shoulders, "I haven't told many people the story, mostly because of the way that they ask or look at me. I'm not an idiot, I know how ridiculous my name sounds." The man spoke with an amused tone, not one that seemed angry or upset with the fact that people looked at him like that. If anything, it was their loss for being so closed minded but that was besides the point, "The truth is that I was raised by a Hitmontop, from birth as far as I can tell. As we all know, Pokemon can make various noises or, sometimes, speak their name. Well, I simply thought that she was saying my name." There was a nolstagic glint within in eyes as he thought about his mom, a warm smile that was on his lips.

He fell silent for a second as he thought about his growing up, turning his attention towards the woman again and meeting her gaze, "By the time I had actually learned to speak and was taught any different, I had been calling myself Hitmontop for nearly a decade. So, instead of changing what I knew already, I simply made a small change to the name; Separated it into a first and last name." Hit would then make a gesture with both of his hands, as if offering her an invisible platter, as if saying 'and there it is'. His eyes would trail the details of her face while telling his story, the man not being ignorant to the fact that the woman was definitely attractive, "What about you Ms. Anderson, any interesting stories about your own name you can offer in exchange?" He said with a bit of teasing hidden in his tone.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 13, 2020 10:54:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Elinor was more than well-aware that some people felt a certain emotions towards their name, not all of these were good. That’s why so was so diplomatic in her approach to it when she asked Hit Montop. She didn’t want to sour the event for the man just for some information that inevitably was useless in the grand-scheme of things.
[break][break]
She gave an understanding nod as the man reassured her that he was well-aware that his name was odd. His amused tone did not go past her. She kept her facial expression open and friendly, a small smile on her lips to show the amusement that the words he spoke brought upon her, but not too much, no reason to provoke.
[break][break]
As he continued to tell her the story of his life, the before so neutral amusement turned into fascinated attentiveness. It was a first time that she heard such a story. She knew that certain Pokémon like Chansey and Blissey were really good caregivers. But she had never heard of Hitmontop showing such behavior. But she was very much aware that there was still a lot she didn’t know yet.
[break][break]
She had been lost in thought for what felt like the briefest of seconds, though it could have been longer as the mentioning of her surname dragged her out of her thought process. “I was right, that was an interesting story. You ought to write a book about it, it would probably sell really well.” She commented as she leaned back into her seat, while beaming a smile at the man.
[break][break]
Alas now she knew she had to pay up for the man’s honesty. She leaned her elbows on the armrests as she entwined her fingers in the middle, taking an almost thoughtful pose. “Well, there isn’t really much to say about my name nor family perse.” She trailed off, as she tried to find something interesting to say about it. “Just you dreary old rich family. Not awfully exciting.” She decided to change the subject.
[break][break]
“So, you do Martial Arts." Elinor stated, the change in subject was rather abrupt. “Is it something you do professionally or is it just a hobby?” Her pose didn’t change, but her smiled lessened a bit as her face turned into a more thoughtful one.

@pharaohleap
@william60

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 23:25:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar

At her comment about him writing a book, he'd give a small shake of his head that was followed by a sincere laugh, "I don't know how something like that would work out for me. Though I have been trying to keep notes and memoirs of what I see while living with Pokemon." Though, as she leaned forward and would continue to talk, the man would fall silent and allow her to 'have the floor' for as long as she liked. Hit noted to himself the way she seemed to gloss over the topic of her family, not wanting to get into the details and that was interesting to him. Of course, he wasn't going to push on the subject since everyone was entitled to their privacy.

At her question about Martial Arts, he would nod once more, "Yeah, it has to do with who raised me. I was fighting just as soon as I was walking, so it's always been a part of who I am." Hit would adjust in his seat, moving to lean back against the rest of the chair with his arms casually crossing over his chest as he pondered on some things for a moment, "I can't say that I do much with it professionally, this tournament was going to be my first time doing something official with it. I wouldn't call it a hobby either, though. That feels... Too impersonal?" He wasn't sure how to phrase it, truly trying to find a way to explain it to her. His brows pressed together and he'd uncross his arms so that he could lean forward a bit, resting his elbows on the table, "I guess the best way I can phrase it is... It's just a part of my life, like breathing or going to school for most people. Like...." There was something that clicked in his head and his eyes would glow for a moment, "Like fighting is to a Hitmontop~" He seemed to be proud of that, seeing as the answer was right in front of him the whole time.

After that he would let his gaze meet hers and raise a brow, "Now, I haven't done much dating, speed or otherwise, but I have to say I'm curious to hear a bit more about you. I find myself to be a rather boring subject." The large man wore a playful smirk on his face, clearly not upset but not beating around the bush about wanting to get to know her either.

[googlefont=Oswald]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
POSTED ON Dec 15, 2020 19:49:36 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Elinor noted that he didn’t seem entirely put off with the idea of a book. She was certain that it would be a bestseller if the right spin was placed upon it. Probably something tragic But alas that was up to him, she would pursue the topic no further. Their time was limited after all.
[break][break]
She listened to him explaining what Martial Arts meant to him. In essence it was a way of life or at least that was how Elinor would summarize it. It made sense given his history, a subject he nodded towards at the end. His comment about fighting and Hitmontop certainly made her chuckle if only a little bit.
[break][break]
Elinor wasn’t given much time for further comments on the Martial Arts subject as Hit Montop moved the topic away from himself and onto her. “Well, I believe that is a matter of perspective.” Elinor trailed off. “Anyhow, There really isn’t much to say. I have just recently finished my studies and decided to try and make a name for myself as a Pokémon Trainer.” She paused for a second before continuing. “Though I am still very new to it.” She admitted as if it was something bad. Was there anything else to say? She pondered the question and realized there really wasn’t much else to say.
[break][break]
Which probably was for the better as she looked at the clock. “Oh, it seems our time is up.” Her smile faded a bit. She did want to talk a bit more, but she had already, much to her own dismay, realized there wasn’t a whole lot to say on her end. Besides, rules were rules and the next round of this Speed-date event was surely about to begin. “Well, It was a pleasure meeting you, Hit Montop.” Elinor said with a smile as she moved to get up from the chair. “I wish your luck with your next partners.” And with a small polite farewell wave, she would be off to find her next partner.
[break][break]
(OOC: I hadn’t actually realized we were on our last posts until I got halfway through this. Oh boy. xD)

@pharaohleap
@william60

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES