Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Verdanturf Ranger Captain
Single and Ready to Mingle
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Elinor's Exhibit
POSTED ON Apr 24, 2022 17:38:30 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","displaydevice1"]

[attr="class","displayborder"]

[attr="class","displaybox7"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn1"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn2"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn3"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn4"]

[attr="class","displaypkmn5"]

[attr="class","displayscreen7"]

[attr="class","displaycolor7"]

[attr="class","displayborderg"]

[attr="class","displayflowers"]

[attr="class","displaytitle"]ELINOR'S APARTMENT

[attr="class","displaytext"]
Though Elinor travels a lot and is therefore rarely home for prolonged periods of time. She does own a rather spacious apartment in downtown Slateport. [break][break]
Usually the Apartment will be occupied by her Porygon-Z who enjoys a managerial role among the Pokémon that occupy the apartment.

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Elinor's Exhibit
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 11:30:56 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","complanet"]
[attr="class","complanet-color"]
[attr="class","complanet-grad"]

[attr="class","complanet-img"]
[attr="class","complanet-img-1"]

[attr="class","complanet-shadow"]
[attr="class","complanet-top"]

Control is an illusion to ease the pain that is life.

[attr="class","complanet-post"]

BIRTHDAY SURPRISE PART 1

“GOOOOOD MORNING HOENN! IT’S SIX O’CLOCK ON A WEDNESDAY MAY ELEVENTH AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT MEANS! IT’S TIME TO RISE AND SHINE.” The blaring of the Radio from the kitchen awoke Elinor from her deep slumber. She looked up onto the ceiling above her, wondering if she should just stay in bed.
[break][break]
She heard the sizzling from the kitchen, food was being made, and the happy cooing of her Porygon-z as it tried to sing along with the latest number by rang through the entirety of the Slateport apartment.
[break][break]
Right, I should get up. She forced herself out of bed and got dressed in a casual T-shirt and some sweat-pants nothing fancy. She went out into the kitchen, the heat of the ongoing meat preparations hit her hard. She sat down at the small table she had placed within the room. Her Porygon-z greeted her happily as it quickly found a bottle of her favorite Sweetened Sitrus-Berry juice and glass which it quickly filled. “Thanks.” She looked down upon the glass as the swirl of the liquid came to a halt. A heavy sense of melancholy, maybe even sadness loomed over her.
[break][break]
“Poryy?” The Pokémon looked caringly at its trainer.
[break][break]
“Oh, I am alright. Don’t worry.” Elinor said, as she took the glass and sipped. The Porygon-Z nodded and returned to its food prep. It didn’t take long before the food was done. It gently scooped the food onto a nearby plate and flew over with it, placing it gently in front of her. A small smile blessed her lips as she looked at the plate. Upon it, two eggs had been placed at the top neatly apart, three strips of bacon at the bottom forming an upward curved line. The composition so neatly laid upon the plate formed a happy smiley face. Upon the side, ketchup had been used to write ‘Be Happy.’
[break][break]
Dumbstruck Elinor could do nothing but sob, tears welling up and finding their way down her cheeks. “Thank you…” She sobbed as she felt the wings of the digital Pokémon around her back hugging her as the radio kept playing. And for ten minutes straight she sobbed, letting it all out. Yet, she had no idea why she was feeling this way. Her birthday had been yesterday, and her dreams were coming along splendidly with one badge in the bank, as well as having a kind and caring boyfriend in everything was going great. The Radio in the kitchen changed from the pop of Melody to the Newcomer band of Teravolt.
[break][break]
The Porygon-Z Released her. Then gently nudged the plate forward before leaving the room. She began to eat through tears and sobs and when she was done she didn’t feel any better, though she was thankful for the attempt, but still at a loss for why she was feeling this way.
[break][break]
Moving on from the Kitchen, no more tears to cry, no more sobs to make. She figured focusing her mind on something productive would do her good and so turned on her laptop and found the table in her living room. But there was nothing. Not even an email to write. Huh, that’s odd. Even this early there would always be at least one or two emails. She noticed the number of deleted there was only one. She clicked into the folder and found a mail that she had never seen before. Arrival time set to earlier today. She clicked before she saw who the sender was.
[break][break]
Sender: Geena Essert[break]
Receiver: Elinor Anderson[break]
Attached files: HappyBirthday.gif. [break][break]
Dear Ms. Elinor. [break][break]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY! [break][break]
I apologize for not writing you sooner. I know you are a busy woman. I hear you have already won your first badge. Congratulations! You have no idea how proud that makes me. I hope to one day see you battle live. [break] [break]
Now onto the hard part. Your father and mother did not want me to write this email to you. But I feel that you deserve at least this much, if only as one last birthday present. With the news of the Meteor, they have decided to find a safer haven than Hoenn for the time being. Combined with your recent escapades and what they consider the dubious company you keep, they have deemed you a lost cause not worth wasting any more resources on.
[break] [break]
I tried to argue your cause, hoping they might see reason. But I am sorry, they would not listen. They have decided to disown you, their plan was to do so silently. Though I do not know when they will make this official. Know that I at the least convinced them to let you keep what resources you have at your disposal as of this moment.
[break] [break]
Again, I apologize that I could not do more Ms. Elinor. It is also with a heavy heart that I must inform you that this will also be my last official act as a servant of the Anderson family. Your father was most definitely not pleased with my defiance and saw it fit to “trim the fat of the household,” as he so delicately put it. As you read this I will be in the process of moving back to my family, with whom I shall spend what little time we have left in Hoenn.
[break] [break]
I know this is a bittersweet message to hear, and a poor excuse for a birthday gift. But still, I wish you all the best in your endeavors.
[break][break]
With love, your dearest second mom.
[break]
Geena Essert.

[break] [break]
She had thought herself without tears left to shed. But still, she found some as she read the mail. She wailed. And as she did so, she heard the sound of the Radio being turned blaring yet another Teravolt song throughout the apartment. She appreciated her Porygon-Z’s attempt at saving her some grace.
[break] [break]
Sure she knew her decisions hadn’t been well-liked, but it had seemed like her parents thought her still worth keeping around. She had clearly been wrong. And in her reckless want to pursue her dreams she had caused the one person within that household who she loved as a mother, the loss of her job. She pushed the laptop away in childish frustration. It was saved only by the speedy reaction of Porygon-z. Then she began to slam the table with her right hand in equally childish powerlessness. She wailed and wailed. Questions of “Why” and statements of “This isn’t fair!” emerged through her cries. Until at least she had no more strength in her throat until at last all she could do was fall asleep fatigued by the emotional turmoil.

[attr="class","complanet-bot"]

@pharaohleap
N/A

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[googlefont=Rajdhani:400,700,800]
[googlefont=Hind:400,700]
[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img]margin:5px 0px -15px 0px;text-align:center;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post i]color:#777777;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post b]color:#999999;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Elinor's Exhibit
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 18:55:16 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

Birthday Surprise Part 2

The sound of classical music played through the apartment. Elinor was up and about, doing household chores. It had to be done. Just because she had some bad news given to her a few days prior, didn’t mean that things could just be allowed to go to the dumps. No, she was better than that stronger than that. And so, with a broom in hand, she was helping the Porygon-Z sweep the floor.
[break][break]
And so, she swept along to Tchaikovsky’s Nutcracker: Waltz of Flowers. And though, she tried to focus she could do naught but be swept along with its moving sounds, finding herself more than once dancing as if this was some wedding. And from time to time her imagination even deigned to play along, images of her and Callan in their best of gowns, sweeping the floor.
[break][break]
But it was at those times that she had to remind herself that haste made waste. And so she would return to her sweeping. Finishing one room after the other. Still, the music invited her to dance with each and every tone.
[break][break]
And as if her music player read her mind, it changed into one specific tune, most commonly used for one purpose. Its name, the Wedding March, was written by Felix Mendelssohn.
[break][break]
She knew what she had to do. A scene would begin, one in which she had imagined herself many a time as a child. Though instead of Prince Charming, Callan played the role of a suitor to be. “Elly, would you do me the honor?” She stood high and mighty, making her best impression of , though clearly failing in catching the nuances of his more rough exterior.
[break][break]
She quickly turned to mimic her blushing self. “Why yes, Callan, I would be delighted.” And so took the wing of the Porygon-Z who saw where this was going and quickly decided to jump in as her dancing partner. Hoping a dance might grant its trainer some measure of focus upon the task. And so they began to waltz around, swinging about, tip-toeing was needed. When the song had ended, she was exhausted and the Porygon-Z confused.
[break][break]
“I need a break.” She went to crash on the Sofa as the music continued into Ludwig Von Beethoven’s The Symphony No.5 She looked up onto the ceiling and wondered what the hell she was doing even considering such a notion. While their relationship was nowhere close to that point, she didn’t even know if Callan wanted another marriage or a kid.
[break][break]
And as she laid there pondering the future. She realized it was maybe a good thing she had these thoughts. Did she even want those things? What if she turned out to be exactly like her parents. When it came to children. Would she even be able to take care of a kid, since she didn’t have a maid available? Sure she had Porygon-Z but putting such responsibility on it was irresponsible. And so, she allowed her thoughts to roam freely in her mind. Porygon-Z lost all hope in its trainer continuing with the chores, and so decided to do it alone.

@pharaohleap
tagged name

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

[newclass=.complanet]width:365px;border:solid 10px #f9f9f9;text-align:justify;border-radius:5px;box-shadow:0px 0px 15px rgba(22,22,22,.2);margin:20px 0px 5px 0px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-color]background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-grad]border-radius:3px;background:linear-gradient(to bottom,rgba(235,235,235,.65),rgba(235,235,235,1));padding:25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1]margin:0px auto;height:100px;width:100px;padding:5px;border:solid 20px #999999;background-color:#eeeeee;border-radius:100%;position:relative;z-index:1;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-img-1 img]height:100px;width:100px;border-radius:100%;filter:grayscale(100%) contrast(85%);[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-top]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:3px 3px 0px 0px;padding:15px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-post]color:#444444;background-color:#eeeeee;padding:30px;font:10.25px Hind; letter-spacing:.25px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot]color:#eeeeee;text-align:center;letter-spacing:1.25px;background-color:#999999;border-radius:0px 0px 3px 3px;padding:10px;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-bot a]display:inline-block;background-color:rgba(33,33,33,.1);padding:5px;border-radius:2px;color:#eeeeee!important;font-style:none!important;text-decoration:none;font:8px Rajdhani;font-weight:800!important;[/newclass]
[newclass=.complanet-shadow]border-radius:3px;box-shadow:0px 0px 5px rgba(22,22,22,.05);[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Elinor's Exhibit
POSTED ON May 26, 2022 14:47:21 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar
[nospaces]

A family increase pt 1

It was a day like so many others. The sun was shining and the smiles were bright. She had decided to take a day off from the hustle and bustle of her life. She’d found herself in one of the few parks dedicated to preserving a natural feel within Slateport.
[break][break]
Resting against the blanket which she had spread out over the tree. She lay bathing in the sun. Her eyes felt heavier and heavier until she fell asleep. Luckily most of her Pokémon were alright with just running wild, even if some did gaze at the huge Salamence flying about, though he wasn’t an uncommon sight around here. She did let him run around on his own when she didn’t need him. She found it eased some of the tension which quickly built up in his predatory body.
[break][break]
She woke only when the sound of a heavy thud landed right beside her. Startled and confused, it took her a second for her vision to stop blurring and see the Salamence. “Oh hey, Gon. Finished exercising?” She asked.
[break][break]
The only reply she got was a low acknowledging growl.
[break][break]
It was then she noticed something squirming in its mouth, held only in place by the nape of its neck. “Oh, what do you have there?” She asked, wondering if Gon had suddenly stolen someone’s Pokémon.
[break][break]
The Salamence plopped the tiny Bagon down on the blanket as Elinor got herself up in a sitting position. She looked at it, noticing the vibrant pattern which covered its body. The Bagon scowled back at her, in a peculiar way. It reminded her of Gon when he was a Bagon… “Wait a minute. Gon what have you been up to?” She looked towards her Salamence.
[break][break]
The Salamence looked away hiding a blush as it growled something.
[break][break]
“Seeing someone? Wait so this is yours?” She asked. Her eyes never wavering from the Salamence who finally looked her in the eyes and nodded. “Where is its mom?” The Salamence shook its head. It did not know. The Bagon too got a saddened expression but said nothing. Elinor sighed and wondered if it was normal for Dragon-type moms to leave the young. She would have to ask about it at some point, he seemed knowledgeable on the matter.
[break][break]
The Bagon took this ill, and began to yap at her, clearly telling Elinor not to be mean to her father. And she would beat Elinor up if she had to.
[break][break]
However, the Bagon didn’t expect the reaction she got. A hearty laugh escaped Elinor. She made a wavey gesture while laughing. “Yeah, I can definitely see it now. You two look alike.” The Salamence shamefully bowed its head. Knowing very well what kind of arse it was when it was that age, and though it was still an arse, he would like to think he’d grown up a bit. The Bagon, however, seemed very pleased with the compliment, and even began to shine a bit in the sunlight. “Welp, I guess you will be staying with us now,” Elinor stated. “And you will be needing a name…” Elinor turned to Salamence. “Gon, any suggestions? Wait, actually is it a boy or a girl?” She wasn’t exactly sure and she’d rather know than assume.
[break][break]
The Salamence growled a reply. Admitting that the kid was a girl and that he had no ideas for names, names were a human concept after all.
[break][break]
“Hmmm, very well. It should definitely be short and easy to remember.” She began to list a few names, all of which the Bagon seemed disinclined to respond to until she mentioned the name “Minh” Bagon began to yip in acknowledgment. “Oh, you want to be named Minh?” It nodded. “Very well. Welcome to the family Minh.” Elinor said with a goofy smile. She glanced at the Salamence who seemed equal parts embarrassed and proud over the whole formality of the situation.

@pharaohleap
none

PHARAOH LEAP CREATES

close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Elinor's Exhibit
POSTED ON Jul 21, 2022 16:21:46 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Grief

Beaten and bruised Elinor stood outside the door to her apartment. She barely had the strength or the mobility to open it. Not after what happened. Not after IT happened. The memories still vividly flashed through her mind as one hand clutched the mask of Cofagrigus and the other clutched the keys to the door in front of her.

She knew she had to go inside, she knew they were all worried about her. But, something stopped her. Perhaps it was the thought of what she had to do. She wondered if had ever stood like this hoping that nobody would open the door to hear the grim news of a story whose tale had concluded far too soon.

Shaking hands made for poor attempts at unlocked the door. But she managed somehow. Now came the real challenge. She placed the keys back into her pocket. This hadn’t been the clothes she had left in, but the worn and torn attire from the days prior had been long since discarded.

The door swung open before she could even try her luck with the handle. The smiling beak of her Porygon-Z greeted her warmly as it jumped her, hugged her, cooing in an attempt to tell her how worried it had been, how it and everyone else had seen what had happened in the NEWS, and how they feared she wouldn’t return.

But Elinor didn’t understand its words. Still, she understood its meaning. Her body shaking slightly, though she quelled it quickly. She couldn’t break now, she still had something to do.

The Porygon-Z pulled back its eyes meeting with Elinor’s. Her voice trembled as she said. “I need to speak with Minh… Alone… Please.”

Porygon-Z’s eyes grew dark, it trembled like its trainer as the realization dawned upon it. But it steeled its resolve and gave a sturdy nod before it went to usher the young Illumina Bagon into Elinor’s bedroom where it was soon joined with its trainer, who placed the mask of her departed companion on the desk.

Where it not for its bright colored pattern, she would’ve thought she looked at Gon the Salamence, back when he was but a small Bagon. The cocky glare, the arrogance in which it sat upon her bad, though a bit more lady-like than her father. Elinor dragged a chair over to the bad. The small dragon followed her with its gaze uncertain of why its trainer looked so sad.

“Baaa?” It asked, in its primal dragon growling language.

“Minh… I…” Elinor tried to speak but the words wouldn’t come out. Stuck in her throat, like knives stabbing into her flesh. “I am sorry, I am sorry. It’s all my fault.” The tears began to fall from already well-spent tear ducts.

“Gooo?” The young Bagon looked confused, bewildered. And then it slowly dawned upon her. “Go Go Ba Go?” The Bagon’s eyes began to water, it shook its head in denial. And then the cries came. Elinor quickly grabbed it. Held it tight as the Tiny Dragon’s chest heaved for air with each powerful sob.

Time stood still or perhaps it accelerated. Neither of them knew as hours went by while they both grieved the loss of a friend and a father. They both fell asleep in each other’s arms. Bound by their shared grief.

The Morning after Elinor was the first to rise. She had a funeral to plan. It was the right thing to do.

The skies over Slateport Pokémon Cemetery were heavy and dark. Adding only to the gloom of the situation happening below.

“We are gathered here today to remember those who fell in the line of duty.” The Priest of Arceus stood as the head of the gathering, called there solely to officiate the burial.

Elinor stood surrounded by her Pokémon, she had chosen to spare for the emotional turmoil it would surely cause to be here. They all wore the same saddened expression on their faces, some had even chosen to wear small pieces of black attire, be it a tie, bow tie, hat, and veil.

Graves had been dug, though there was little to offer to the earth. The body of Salamence had been crystalized, the bodies of Drifblim and Cofagrigus had eroded into nothingness, and Steelix had been vaporized. Each death that she saw was still fresh in her mind. Still, they would dig their graves and offer to the earth what they could. They had chosen a casket for each and filled them with beloved food items, and offerings to the departed. It had been the best they could do.

With arms raised high to the skies did the Priest speak. “The Lord Giveth, and the Lord Taketh, this is known. This is a facet of life that we must all accept. Some embrace this more than others, giving their precious life away to save another... While words and memories are a meager substitute for the presence of a loved one. We must all remember that we will meet them in the end. So let us remember them, and live a life worth showing them. Amen.” The Priest lowered his arms, and the caskets slowly began to sink into the ground.

While trainer and Pokémon alike had tried to keep it in. Their overwhelming grief would stay quiet no longer.

Minh the Bagon couldn’t contain it any longer, she knew it was irrational, but she tried to jump for what was supposed to be her father’s casket. She didn’t want them to burrow his pictures, nor the favorite toys or that one sweater he had chewed too much on when he was small. Luckily Elinor stopped the Bagon from joining her father in the ground holding it in her arms as it cried for them to not bury its father’s precious belongings.

“Inte, int.” The Inteleon that stood by the side spoke. Its dabber appearance joined with a Bow tie.

“Scep, Sceptile.” The Sceptile acknowledged. A long black tie around its neck.

“Meta, Metagross,” Metagross spoke. A black top hat rested neatly upon its head.

“Kommo.” Kommo-o was the last to speak its mind. Like Inteleon, it had chosen to wear a bow tie.

Though the clothes of each Pokémon were somewhat mixed, one thing bound them all together, and that was the tears streaming down their respective faces like rivers.

They all shuffled around a bit making a bit of space before they looked into the air and began to fire off salutes. Inteleon sending blasts of Water, Sceptile blades of leaves, Metagross shiny rounds of metallic beams, and Kommo-o with its dark purple beam. Each salute was fired in intervals of ten seconds until the caskets were buried beneath the ground.

With the graves filled the Priest let them all to their grief.

Elinor finally released the Bagon from her clutches. Its tears showed no signs of halting as it trembled uncontrollably. Elinor looked up into the skies. Though the clouds were dark with water, they did not release their drops, for it was a terrible day for rain.

Elinor left the group of Pokémon, placing herself where the priest had stood just moments earlier. “Friends… No… Family.” She paused. She feared she hadn’t considered her words carefully enough just yet, but she knew she had to speak them either way. She had to reassure her Pokémon that their friends didn’t die in vain.

“The pain we go through today and for the rest of our lives…” She paused. “If you want anyone to blame. Blame me. I was the one who decided to go there. If you want to part ways with me, I fully understand, and won’t stop you.” Another pause, this one longer, more uncertain. “But I promise from now on I will do everything that stands in my power to grow stronger. And I hope you all will join me in making Hoenn safe again so that nobody will have to go through what we are going through right now, and who knows, maybe when our time comes we will be able to meet our lost family with pride in our eyes once more.”

She expected at least some Pokémon to leave, surely, they wouldn’t all want to stay with an incompetent trainer like her. But nobody left, they all stood in acceptance of their new lot in life. “…” Elinor was perplexed, had she not already been crying then she certainly would be doing so now. And that’s when they all came to her, joining her in one big hug, not a single member left out.

A raindrop prickled her skin, then another. And as the group hugged, the rain finally began to fall. Perhaps it was a sign that their friends had finally found peace, perhaps not. No matter, the funeral had reached its conclusion, and for now, they would hug and grieve as one.

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Elinor's Exhibit
POSTED ON Oct 18, 2022 17:34:49 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

Night had fallen upon Slateport City. People were starting to go to sleep. And yet, amidst the ever-increasing blackness of apartment buildings with sleeping residents the light of One Penthouse apartment fought valiantly against the tide.

Though Elinor had tried to sleep, she found that no sleep would come for her. Not even the warmth of her Talonflame could comfort her as an ever-growing unease took hold. For quite some time did she ponder if perhaps ’s presence would bring her sleep? And yet she was certain he was too busy to oblige her with such a silly unimportant request.

And so instead of the warmth of her bed, she sought the cold comfort of her office chair and table. Clad in a simple silken nightgown she sat down. For a moment she gazed at an already huge tower of books she had fetched. She read each title, some more extravagant than others, though they were all written by the same author and under one primary moniker. Myths and Fables of the Pokémon world By George O. Dawson. Quite a mouthful if one were to say it out loud, perhaps that was why they were graced with secondary titles.

She allowed her finger to run over the spine of these books, halting at certain titles, reading them out loud, tasting each one as they left her mouth.

“Tales of the Winged Mirages.” She thought of as she brushed past that book. By now she knew about his relationship with a certain deity. If she wanted to know about the birds, then she could ask Articuno personally. Hopefully, it wouldn’t mind.

“Tales of the Weather Trio.” It left a sour taste in her mouth, after the AQUA meeting she figured she didn’t need to read up on old tales when the very deities themselves were roaming around in Hoenn. Some might claim them a boon to Hoenn and the League. And perhaps she should agree, she even wanted to believe that and would never have bad intentions, but they were human and so a liability.

She sighed and moved on to the next book.

“Tales of the Legendary Beasts.” The taste was a bit bland. Though she was sure that would find it riveting reading. But no, for a future uncertain Hoenn would need something stronger.

And then her eyes and finger reached one of the books nearest the table. “Tales of the Legendary Titans” If she remembered correctly they had made certain appearances in Hoenn lately, but none had yet to capture them. Perhaps it spoke of strength worth seeking.

She carefully retrieved the book, making sure she did not tumble the tower of books in the process. She then fetched a notebook, and with it laying nearby she leaned back and began to read. While the reading was dull, the author put words to paper with professional attention to detail that she could not fault him for. It started off with a summary of what exactly the Legendary Titans were believed to be.

The Legendary Titans. In some regions, they are also called the Legendary Giants, Legendary Golems, or other such wording. All terms used to describe an almost robotic Pokémon. I will henceforth be referring to them as Titans for the remainder of this book. Descriptions of these Titans appear across texts and temples in various regions and cultures, but the most curious thing about them is that they all fit a basic premise of an almost robotic guardian deity with braille-like markings, the only differences being elemental variations.

While Hoenn thought them more bound to earth, describing them as Titans made of Rock, Steel, and even Glacial Ice. Galar takes a more unconventional approach, attributing the very essence of electricity and Draconic force to them. Perhaps in doing so they hoped to find protection against the harsh weather of the Crown Tundra where such tales were primarily found.

But from whence these Titans come neither Hoenn nor Galar tries to answer. For this, we must look to Sinnoh and its eternal pursuit to understand the creation of our world. While some of the stories they attribute to this “Regigigas” are, to put it mildly hard to believe, amongst these tales we find the creation of these Titans of whom I hope to give you a better understanding.

And as Elinor slogged through the summary she reached the good part. She took a moment to write some notes down and then continued reading page after page of Titan descriptions alongside their corresponding tales and origins. She spent most of the night reading, even going as far as reaching the entry for Regidrago. As she read through the description of Regidrago, her thoughts turned to , and for a moment she wondered what he would be doing right now.

But then she returned to her reading. Unnoticed by her fatigue was slowly creeping in on her. Her body finally forced her mind to chill, reminding it that she would not see Hoenn’s future if she did not take care of herself.

Before she realized it, she had closed her eyes for just a moment. Only for them to open as Hoenn’s sun shone its greeting straight in her face.

@tagsomeone

MADE BY MIZO
[googlefont=Raleway]
close tab

played by

Senpai

Eli
She/Her
May 10
Rustboro City
Bisexual
Ranger
Available
170 CM height
170 CM height
awards
1,591 posts
part of
TAG WITH @elinor
Elinor Anderson
Elinor's Exhibit
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2023 9:46:29 GMT
Elinor Anderson Avatar

(Disclaimer: All speech is done in PokéSpeech)

Anger, confusion, sadness, defeat. These were all emotions shared between Elinor Anderson's Pokemon after her capture.

For those unfortunate souls hired to manage the ranch she kept her Pokemon at, they found themselves amidst a place of high tension. The Pokemon were getting snappy not only with each other but with the caregivers as well.

At first Gron the Aggron had tried to keep the peace, led by example. But the guilt of failure, the pain of defeat and the wish to save Elinor had led him down an emotionally dark path where each moment not spent eating or resting was spent putting himself through rigorous training.

The lack of information was the worst part. He had heard not a single shred of information since he had told about it, in his own Pokémon way. He had expected his trainer's cousin to show him the same kindness, and yet Lars and his icy patron had done no such thing.

Night had fallen over the ranch. A ghostly claw slammed into a makeshift training dummy. A roar of frustration followed.

"Roaring like that will avail you nothing but the ire of those sleeping right now, Gron." Aala the Gardevoir's soothing voice gently spoke.

Gron growled in reply. "Let them wake up. They ought to be spending the time wiser than just sleeping."

"Gron that is the grief talking." Painful empathy soaked her voice.

Another claw slammed into the rocky dummy transforming solid rock into rubble. "So what if it is!"

"Gron…" Aala hesitated.

"I can't just be doing nothing. I need to get stronger."

Before Gron could say any more Aala would wrap her arms around him in a hug. For a moment they grieved together.

Their hug came to an end. And Aala began to speak once more. "If you want to get stronger you need a better opponent."

"Yeah…" Gron agreed though he did not like it.

"I might know someone. But first you need sleep." Aala stated.

Gron sighed and admitted defeat in that regard.

The sun rose upon the morning after. Gron and Aala gathered early and through the Gardevoir's ability to teleport they made their way into the wilderness of Hoenn.

"So, who are we meeting?" Gron asked as they made their way through woodland shrubbery.

"An old friend of mine from back when I still called the wilds my home."

It took them hours to stumble upon the small hut made of sticks, leaves and vines. At its entrance sat an older gruff looking urshifu in the midst of eating a collection of fruits. At the sight of the approaching Pokemon it raised a hand in greeting and boisterously said. "Well, if it isn't little Aala. Been ages, what brings you out here?"

"We come seeking strength." Aala replied.

Urshifu's face darkened. "Hmmm, and why do you and your friend seek strength?"

Aala began to regale the tale of the why. She spoke of their trainer and how they had failed her. She spoke of what they hoped to accomplish by coming here and attaining strength.

Urshifu looked thoughtful, maybe even concerned. "Aala, you ask much of me. You wish not only to impart my strength upon you and your friends but also for me to forsake my freedom."

Aala looked disheartened. She knew her old mentor didn't care much for Pokémon trainer's.

A painful moment went by as the Urshifu sat with eyes closed, chewing on its fruit. From time to time it would open its eyes and take stock of the Gardevoir and her Aggron companion. At last he sighed deeply while nodding. "Very well. I will help you attain strength, but know I can't grant strength where there is no potential for growth." He paused. As for my freedom. I will decide on nothing until I take stock of this trainer of yours, myself."

Aala nodded knowing these were the best terms they could possibly get.

And so the Urshifu finished its meal before gesturing for the pair to show him the way to where they called home.

WRITE REPLY

QUICK REPLY

it's a long life full of long nights