Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
INTERPOL Agent / Police Deputy Chief
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
119 kg (262 lbs) / 196 cm (6' 5") height
Was doing swords and shields before it was cool.
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
Broken Jukebox ver. 1.5 [Social/Autumn]
POSTED ON Dec 14, 2020 18:27:06 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

It all began when he pressed the button and nothing happened. He had stared at the machine bemusedly for a good while, tilting his head before pressing it again.

Once again, nothing. Brows now furrowed, the man reached into his pocket before producing another coin, sliding it inside and pressing the button. Again.

Nothing.

The man stared at the machine blankly. He stood inside what looked to be an old, 70s style diner, what was once probably colorful and dynamic looking mom & pop's run place now old, the colours washed out.

It was only alive by a small but faithful pool of regulars... Himself included.

This man was among them; he was a new but consistent regular, having first discovered the place when he had been looking for an apartment within the city.

He currently stood in front of an extremely old lookin's jukebox. Normally, one coin and a button press was all it took to get it rolling, throwing at him the hottest tracks from about 30 years ago.

Not today, however.

Two clinks echoed behind him as two coins were dropped on the counter, drawing his attention towards the man behind it.

"Sorry, son, it seems like ol' Barbra's ain't keen on singin' tonight." The old man said, chuckling at the disappointment on the blonde's face, before sliding the coins the younger man's way. "I'll see if I can't fix her befor' yer next visit."

Gwyar simply sighed in response, reaching for the counter before dropping a considerable amount of cash upon it, sliding it along with the two coins back to the old man with an apologetic smile.

"It's my fault she's as tired up as she is. Let me help fix her up." He usually listened to her play a few discs for an hour or two while reading through the newspaper or the occasional book borrowed from Rustboro's Library. No other regular ever used her.

"I'll just... be heading home. Good night, John. Say hi to Jenny for me." He said, smiling over his shoulder while raising a single hand in the air in farewell before making his way for the door.

He came to a stop when he noticed a shifting, approaching silhouette behind the exit's translucent glass. He could recognize that shade of red anywhere.

"Ah... Is it that time already?" He said, wondering aloud before looking over his shoulders. "Actually- perhaps prepare some coffee."

TAG:

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 20, 2020 7:33:52 GMT
Deleted Avatar
The click clack of heels on pavement could be heard before the ting-a-ling of the bell over the door rang out through the diner and Autumn was confronted with a familiar mop of blonde hair. “I hope you weren’t waiting on me.” Autumn grinned as she squeezed around him and past the counter on her way to her favorite booth. It was her favorite because that’s the one everyone else seemed to like. It got the most traffic and so it got cleaned more regularly. Often enough that she didn’t get that weird slickness under her fingertips from all the grease in the air.

“Pancakes…” She ordered with a single word before her stride came to a sudden halt and her face scrunched up pensively, “and I’ll have a coffee too.”

Autumn plopped down in the booth with a heavy sigh and pressed the backs of her heels against the tile floor so they would partially slip off. It’d been a long day and the officer was tired. It was nothing that a little caffeine and sugar wouldn’t fix right up. Autumn smiled at Gwyar, expecting him to join her but her brow furrowed as she realized something was amiss. “It’s a little quiet in her, don’t you think?”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Dec 22, 2020 4:46:06 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar
He smiled.

"I had forgotten you were coming, as a matter of fact." He said dryly as he took the seat across from her on the booth.

His hands came together atop the table as he leaned his chin on them, the man's smile growing as the waitress delivered a cup of coffee to the redhead.

"You are welcome." He said, "And no. It's just right, I would say."

He looked around the empty place, and then winked at the woman.

"We wouldn't want anyone to third wheel this little gathering of ours now, would we?" He said with a chuckle as he leaned back against his seat, glancing at the old man and the waitress before nodding.

The old man nodded back, and the waitress moved towards the doors, flipping the plastic letter hanging from it to 'closed' before they both retired to the kitchen.

Just them, now. After a moment, the man's smile weakened considerably his shoulders sagging.

"... I hope you've had more luck than I." He said with a pathetic chuckle, shaking his head. "How have you been, Agent Nevada?"

TAG:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 3:04:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Autumn smirked, leaning back and giving a little wave to the staff as they disappeared into the kitchen. She hoped they were still going to make her pancakes.

“Depends what you consider lucky, I guess.” She stirred her coffee before continuing on. “My crew napped a Pokémon this past week. Belonged to some politician. Normally the guys would ransom it back for some petty cash but it’s supposed to be delibird- sorry, delivered to someone much higher up in the organization.”

The red-head glanced over her shoulder at this part. She was certain the Pokémon would be returned in exchange for political favors. She needed to be involved with the transportation of the Pokémon but finding a way to volunteer herself for the ob without seeming too eager was going to be tricky.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 19:45:46 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

The blonde man leaned forward, chin atop the back of his palm, feigning interest.

He wasn't terribly invested in the insider info being given to him, but for anyone looking in from the other side of the window, he was a man thoroughly enthralled in what his date had to say.

Also one with terrible sense for date locations.

"Got christmas on your mind, huh?" He said as she finished speaking, immediately going for the slip up instead of the actual important information. "Actually ran on of those little birds while on talking up a pretty girl the other day. Pokedex doesn't lie- Delibird's really do carry gifts around."

He chuckled, before shaking his head. Alright, for the serious bit. He cupped his chin with one hand, rubbing at his jawline in thought as he considered what she had said.

"Delivering a particularly powerful pokemon?" He said, considering the possibilities. Politicians weren't often known for being capable trainers or battlers, but they could and often did certainly buy powerful, well-trained pokemon for protection. "Or a rare one?"

Of course, they could also just spend inordinate amounts of cash acquiring exotic species to flaunt in their next gathering. It really mattered little.

"Release it without their notice, perhaps?" He said, grinning. "Let it rampage around for a bit, then capture it."

Autumn was heads and tails above 'her crew', and most if not all people part of that organization. Simply demonstrating her prowess, and her coworkers incompetence, in handling the pokemon would do wonders in strengthening her chances when the selection for the delivery crew is being made.

"As for me... Not much to report." He said; he had already suggested as much earlier. "Most trails dry out cold before leading anywhere. Got a few leads I'm still chasing... but I think they'll end up the same."

He sighed.

"They are either really careful... or truly gone."

Which of course meant they were extremely careful. He would never believe in any other possibility.

TAG:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Dec 24, 2020 17:01:50 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Autumn smirked, “I suppose so… I used to hate this time of year. My family tended to overdo it when I was a kid. Now that I’m older I sort of miss some of the traditions, you know?”

She took a tentative sip of her coffee and spit it back into the cup almost immediately, covering her dripping chin as she chuckled at his joke. Autumn felt around for a napkin and found it in a dispenser at the edge of the table.

Autumn nodded at Gwyar’s suggestion, “That’s a good thought but the pokemon isn’t all that powerful or rare. I guess it has… sentimental value. Even so, it could probably work. The folks I’m with are not the brightest bulbs on the Christmas tree.”

A weird sound caused Autumn to lean out from the booth in search of its source. She peeked down towards the floor and raised an eyebrow as a lumpy white creature came slugging its way toward their table with a plate of fresh pancakes on its back. Autumn reached down and picked up the plate.

“Thank you, Snom.”

“Snom.” It replied.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Dec 26, 2020 18:02:54 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

"I've never particularly cared for the festivities myself, be they Christmas or Hanukkah-" He said as he looked out the window to the passing crowd. "But we can always do a little get together if you are nostalgic for them. We can even go looking for one of those wandering Delibirds. Make it the complete, authentic experience."

He had already met one, and it had immediately used its 'Present' move on him, making for a convenient first meeting.

Their little get together wouldn't be anywhere near as grand as a full family gathering, but they sad, old, washed out adults could find ways to have a fun Christmas.

Wait, what had he called them again?

"... Never mind that, we can make plans later." He said, rubbing his temples. "At least they are not a clever bunch. If you need any help pulling off, feel free to contact me. I could always... temporarily take the pokemon off your hands."

Lead the gang on a little wild goose chase, then have her 'get back' the pokemon. He would need to pick a mask and an outfit, maybe an accent too...

He chuckled to himself, already mentally practicing his finely trained Kalosian accent.

His line of thought was interrupted as Autumn suddenly looked underneath the table, prompting him to do the same.

"Ah, buddy! It's good to see you again." He said as he reached down and pet the little guy, fingers twitching against his cold, icy scales.

Oh, he would be feeling the price of his friendliness for a good while. Still, he grasped a napkin and produced a pen from under his jacket, writing an order upon it before laying it atop the now empty platter and putting it back upon the Snom.

"Fancy sharing a sandwich?" He said to Autumn as the little snom began marching back to the kitchen, staring at her pancakes with blatant desire.

A sandwich for a pancake. Equivalent exchange.

TAG:

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 0:07:23 GMT
Deleted Avatar
“I’d love to celebrate Christmas with you! Maybe we could have a secret santa exchange? Oh! I guess it’s not much of a secret if it’s only the two of us… If we found a delibird we could give it a present in exchange. Wouldn’t that be nice?” Autumn chuckled.

“Next year I’m going to focus less on work and a little more on having fun with the people I actually like.”

Just then, Autumn heard a holler from the kitchen and an Eiscue came waddling out from the walk-in freezer. It tripped over the Snom that was still making its way back to the kitchen. The ice block around the pokemon’s head cracked and broke off, revealing a rounded head underneath. He seemed ok and the two pokemon stumbled back into the kitchen.

“Not sure what that was all about… Anyway, I’m sure I’ll figure something out but I’ll be sure to call you if things get complicated.”

Autumn finally took a bite of her pancakes and frowned as she chewed. They were cold. “Maybe your friend could heat these back up? Or a sandwich might be better I guess.”

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

He, him, his
March 31
Freezington, Galar
Irrelevant.
Lieutenant Officer
Widowed.
With daughters!
awards
1,219 posts
Gwyar Wledig DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @gwyar
Gwyar Wledig
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 2:35:02 GMT
Gwyar Wledig Avatar

"Oh? Then I'll do the opposite, to balance things out. I think I've been lax enough this year." He said, leaning back onto the seat and chuckling. Between speed dates and randomly arranged lunches, he certainly wouldn't be impressing his boss on his next monthly report.

"I'm already a step ahead of you anyway." He said with a wink. "Your gift will arrive when you least expect it, I can promise that much."

It had been a lucky break that he had found it while looking for an apartment- now he just needed to deliver it when the shock value was greatest.

As the Snom and Eiscue had a little bump in the background, the man stared hungrily at the woman's dinner, turning his gaze back at her as she took a bite.

"Oh? Sure. They've a little kitten 'round here for that." He said, looking around for little Milo. Not finding it, he brought his fingers to his mouth, releasing a sharp, loud whistle.

Moments later, a Litten seemed to materialize from the shafts on the ceiling above, deftly moving from the lights, to the cupboards behind the counter, to the counter itself, to finally their table, casually licking at its paw before snorting an ember atop the woman's pancake.

"Good boy, Milo."

TAG: