awards
282 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
without a trace [m][ee]
POSTED ON Dec 17, 2020 18:34:32 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

People out by one of the seaside villages were turning up missing, and at an alarming rate. Those very same people had sent out a call for help to anyone who would answer—and for days, they waited.

Waited, watched, tick-tock, time is nothing but a construct—

Sadly, nobody came.

Well, nobody came until Arashi found himself right there, coming down from his Noivern Ava’s back. The ‘missing’ posters had somehow reached Lilycove, and one of them was pinned to the docks when he noticed that everyone was giving it a wide berth.

He wondered why.

“You wanted someone to look for your missing people? Well, I’m here,” he called out, waiting for whoever else would join him in this mess. Thank goodness he had his boots on.

There was no way he was getting any kind of sand stuck in his prosthetic foot. It took fucking forever to clean all the sand out of the hinges.

looking for missing islanders

@tag
close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
without a trace [m][ee]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 18:01:33 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
She did like to say that she was a jerk and not an arse, at least deep down. Not that she would ever say it out loud, of course, still playing the rich woman game in the end. But inwardly? She tended to at least think this, whenever someone called her names or the like, or when she stole from someone. One did not take to a life like hers without a willingness to take from others, naturally. But she tended to not take from people who could not afford it and not more than she needed or wanted just to spite others. Well, sometimes she did, when she hated someone or they treated her badly. But in general? She tried to not be overtly evil in most things.

Some might say that it was only because she saw no reason to do so, or because she had not had proper opportunity to do it. But that was were days like this came in.
And, to be absolutely honest, it was a bit of a bother. While not completely unsympathetic to the plight and the people and endowed with a certain willingness to help after stumbling over this island during a mini cruise with someone in an attempt to recapture the magic of a summer romance, Violet missed one crucial thing: skill. Well, skill and knowledge.

Hence, even though she had showed up here a bit ago half on accident, she had not been able to do more than help the villagers out with odd chores suited to her delicate frame until someone better came along. Like someone who rode to the village on the back of a dragonbat. Bat-dragon? She was not sure. But it looked powerful, so the rider probably knew what he was doing.
Either way, the young woman in her white sundress quickly made her way to the landing point, watching the stranger introduce himself. Slightly out of breath, she slowed and composed herself before addressing him: “Ah, good day to you, good sir. They are, indeed looking for assistance. I offered my own, but sadly I am not quite sure how to do so. But I do believe that I could be of use if you need any assistance.”
close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
282 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
without a trace [m][ee]
POSTED ON Dec 18, 2020 20:28:16 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

He looked up right away as someone approached him on landing. Giving his Noivern a pat on the side, he quickly fished out her Pokéball and recalled Ava so she could get some rest.

“How many people have gone missing since the posters went up?” he inquired, pulling out one of the other posters he’d ganked from the Lilycove docks. “Need a rough estimate—and we have to look for them fast.”

His mind was going a mile a minute; if he was a missing person—who, or possibly, what—had taken them away? And where had they been kidnapped off to?

“Did you notice anything unusual around these parts before I arrived?” he backpedaled a few moments later before catching himself, yet again.

“Oh, sorry. Name’s Arashi,” he introduced himself.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
without a trace [m][ee]
POSTED ON Dec 23, 2020 18:11:53 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
“Last I heard it was about fourteen, but that might have changed,” she noted. Given how rapid those disappearances could be, she wouldn’t know if someone had gone this very day. It did take a bit to find out that someone had gone missing, anyway. Especially in a community that was at least partially build on fishing. One man that she had met the day she arrived, a fisherman, was long overdue. But no one knew if he had gone proper missing, drifting off course or just decided to stay out to hunt for a rare water pokemon.

However, instead of focusing on that, she, too, noticed the lack of introductions. Briefly brushing her hand off on her white sundress, she would offer it to him for a shake. Yeah, she pretended to be rich and aloof, but expecting her hand to be kissed just was a bit much these days. This was much more suitable. “Violet Fairbanks. I am…not from around here.” Her pale skin made that obvious, of course. She’d left a small fortune here for sunscreen alone. “And I guess I did notice that the weather likes to get very, very windy, though usually without rain. Which struck me as kind of odd, I guess.”

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
282 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
without a trace [m][ee]
POSTED ON Dec 28, 2020 8:58:50 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“Fourteen?” he quipped, taking her hand and giving it a shake after introductions had been dropped. “That’s far too many for a small island village like this,” he mused as he took another look at the poster.

Information was lacking, and he wanted to get to the bottom of this.

“Were the other villagers too scared to volunteer any information? Like, local tales, mythos, sea shanties… that sort of thing?” he continued as he began to pace across the sand.

“Oftentimes they would hold some kind of ‘deity’ in fear, terror or awe—and they might have done something to anger this ‘deity’ they hold in high regard.”

Unless… he thought to himself as he continued to pace. “Fourteen people disappearing too quickly—how many of the missing are fishermen? Surely it can’t be all of them, right?”

Wind. What mythos did he know about wind without rain? In Johto there were many—but none that struck him as odd as this.

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
without a trace [m][ee]
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 17:46:11 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
“Is it?” Honestly, she did not really have a frame of reference. This place did not look completely depopulated or anything like that, so she had left it there for the time being. It hadn’t really mattered that much which percentage of them had been taken. But now that he said it, she noticed it as well. There couldn’t be more than a hundred people here. Losing so many should have left more of an impact. Or maybe, it wasn’t just members of the community. That would make sense, wouldn’t it?

Furrowing a brow, she thought about this some more. “Honestly, I only was given the barest of bones when it comes to information. Not much beyond what I already shared. I did not pry much. They probably considered me useless and did not bother.” The young woman shrugged. There wasn’t any ill content in these words. She knew that she was not exactly the best detective, starting with her inability to ask the right questions. “But I do not think they were all fishermen. If they were, those left over would be more apprehensive about going out, right? People here do seem down-cast, but not to that degree.”

close tab

played by

Ven

duke
he / him / his
twenty
september 10
Enju, Johto
asexual
errand boy
civilian
(눈‸눈)
108 height
108 height
what’re you lookin’ at?
awards
282 posts
part of
TAG WITH @duke
Arashi Akiyama
without a trace [m][ee]
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 13:20:16 GMT
Arashi Akiyama Avatar

“They’re not like any of the people who live out in bigger cities. Everyone knows everyone else here, he continued as he paced, piecing the information together as best as he could.

If they had been missing for some time, and the oldest disappearance had happened some time ago—

They had to move quickly.

“We have to find them as soon as possible. Did they say in what general direction the missing people had gone out to? Even a direction would work. That, and the wind clue could hopefully point us towards who—or what—has been taking them.”

Turning to face her, he inquired, “Do you have a Pokémon that can carry you across the water, or can fly?”

close tab

played by

Lime

Vio
Female
September 7
MAUVILLE CITY, HOENN
Bi
Vagabond
Associate
Single
244 height
244 height
Alive
awards
626 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime
Violet Fairbanks
without a trace [m][ee]
POSTED ON Feb 6, 2021 17:31:49 GMT
Violet Fairbanks Avatar
Ah, so that was how it was. Honestly, she did not know a whole lot about small communities like this. Granted, that was because she had grown up in an even smaller one. Just her good old almost nuclear family, with the occasional visits to nearby villages. Even her education had been mostly homeschooling. After leaving home, she had gravitated immediately to the bigger cities and swiftly gotten used to being around lots of people. A community like this one was a bit…puzzling.

She still nodded at his assertion. At least at face value, she did understand, after all. Thinking, she tapped her lips once more in order to find out what was going on there. “Hmm, I never asked specifically, but it sounded as if they were setting out all about. Though maybe there is a specifically good fishing spot that they all visited or such? Oh, and I have a Cloyster, that should work, right?