awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
journey to the west [c][s]
POSTED ON Dec 27, 2020 16:44:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He wondered where he could find the red-headed Ranger who had rose so quickly through the ranks—it was almost meteoric to witness on paper.

So many finished missions already and to think he came from Kanto. Why he chose to come here is something I guess I’ll never figure out until I get to know him better, he thought to himself as he consulted the piece of paper that had the man’s supposed address.

Well, this was supposed to be somewhere near Fortree, but—why was there no house number? It just plainly said on the paper ‘around the Fortree area’. What a funny address.

There was also another reason why he had come out here today, however he didn’t want to reveal it. At least, not yet while the ‘man of the hour’ wasn’t around.

say hello to the monkey. soon.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
you gotta use what you've learned in order to receive what you've earned
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Dec 31, 2020 6:01:00 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

The Orchard Volcanica was a modest-sized gated garden gladly guarded by a good gallant and grateful ground/rock-type pokémon.
( )

Located just beyond the western outskirts Fortree City it was technically not part of the city proper. Yet, it was given a listing and address there all the same. So long as it was listed in the city it could be taxed as Fortree property.

Try as he might to amend that mistaken the owner of the land was now resigned to filing an appeal with the Zoning Board of Hoenn. The submission of the appeal itself taking longer than it should have as the Orchard was yet to have a full address determined. "(West) Fortree City, Hoenn" wasn't very helpful nor descriptive.

It was easy to blame that bit of mistaken oversight on the bureaucrats and pencil-pushers. It had been just over one hundred days since he'd acquired the property and filed the paperwork for proper listing and zoning. It wasn't his fault the place had no address but anyone who sought him out there would be inconvenienced and it was on him to apologize and smooth things over.

Today was an exceptionally guilt prodding occasion, the League having gone through the trouble of organizing a Secret Santa event his would-be 'St. Nick' was given the address to the Orchard rather than his shoddy (also shady and unlisted) apartment in Slateport.

It was embarrassing, to keep someone doing something nice for him waiting for so long. "I am, 'accidentally ran over your meowth' sorry." A fur bomber jacket and winter gloves kept Sénon warm as he finally showed up and approached the senior ranger. "I'm kicking in doors with the Zoning Board to get a proper address for this place." Removing a hand from the glove he offered it up for a hand shake. "Sénon Game."

● tags:
● notes: i twisted in secret santa stuff to be IC but lets still focus on the ranger angle

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 5:52:51 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The address continued to stump him, really.

It was a vague direction—no specific apartment number, or street, or even a zip code! He was about ready to start searching through the undergrowth himself when another man caught sight of him and headed his way.

“Ah, you’re the one I keep hearing about from the other Rangers,” he said with a hint of a grin on his face as he shook Sénon’s hand. “Impressive rise through the ranks, with a track record to match.”

Even if there were bits and pieces of information within the personnel file that were clearly meant to be read by his eyes only, he avoided mentioning them unless it was absolutely necessary.

“The zoning board giving you problems trying to register this place?” he queried. “Red tape. Red tape everywhere,” he added with a sage nod.

“Oh. I’m dumb. No wait, that’s not my name—you can call me Lars.”

He wasn’t sure if the other man would notice the subtlety that his own hands were colder than normal, but he brushed those away for the moment.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 18:14:26 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

Some people weren't as easy to read as others.

There was nothing his instincts told him about Lars aside from a lack of negativity, and that his hands were cold as hell. "That's one hell of an icy grip you have Lars. You must have been out here a while..." His face scrunched up from the mouth and down. "Again I apologize about that, lets take a stroll, warm you up a bit."

Gesturing to the Orchard, tiny as it was he still had some beautiful trees growing; his Pasho (), Figy () and Occa () trees were nearly ready to bear fruit.

"I know how it is to run hot, Cinnabar Island sat under a Volcano a bit like your Lavaridge." He was proud of his home and brought it up as often as he could without being obnoxious. He tried to downplay his impact and achievements in such a short time among the rangers. "I was one of the Kanto brats who took the Pokémon League Challenge as soon as I turned 11." He remembered those days beyond fondly.

"I lived on the streets, parks, routes, wherever I could. I survived by my wits and cunning and I caught and learned a lot of pokémon and their habitats, how they live among us." Excadrill passed them occasionally, tending to the garden. "I got my eight badges and never beat the Elite Four back home, but it was a good dry-run for what the Rangers do."

● tags:
● notes:

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,776 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 14, 2021 1:03:43 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was tempted to stop for a few moments and give an appreciative clap.

“Meanwhile on the other end you have me, only two Badges from here under my belt—but only because things keep getting out of hand around here. With a region as large as this, figures you have to be at the right place, at the right time.”

Most of the time. If only he could split himself in half and cover the Eastern part of Hoenn as well that would be fucking fantastic.

“You have a nice garden. Nothing too outrageous come crashing in and stealing your Berry plants?” he inquired, pausing for a bit as he recognized one of the three berries that were growing, being tended by a Pokémon whose name eluded him for the moment.

“Good thing, learning how to survive out on the streets and in the wild. Guess that’s something we have in common,” he laughed a few moments later. “Be survival smart and all.”

“How are you liking the work so far? Anything you want to suggest or work on so we can improve things even more for the Rangers in general?” he asked afterward.

close tab

played by

slowe

Masculine
Thirty One
November 13
Cinnabar Island
heterosexual
Kantonian Ambassador
Ex-Head Ranger
multiplying
with Cait Alfric
750 height
750 height
awards
1,815 posts
Sénon Game DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @crimsen
Sénon Game
POSTED ON Apr 18, 2021 16:40:13 GMT
Sénon Game Avatar

"We get an occasional visitor or two but Excadrill takes his job very seriously. Our harvest always comes in with a yield."

It was easy to forgive Laurence for only having two badges.

The way the gym systems remained backed up with queues of challengers you'd think most badge-holders were grandfathered in from some previous leader.

Ask him about to expand the Gyms around Hoenn and he had plenty of ideas.

Ideas on how to improve the Rangers; he was all dried up. For now.

"Actually I don't." He crossed his arms as he tried to conjure some such list of what was inefficient and what was obsolete.

Nothing seemed to come to mind.

He was experienced enough to know no system was faultless; Hoenn wasn't a utopia. Yet, Sénon hadn't thought of any ways to improve upon the current design.

He had some half-baked ideas but nothing he'd objectively weighed out on his own.

"The most I have so far is some 'buddy system' for young rangers in which each of us works in pairs with someone from the officer's branch." Such a thing would be useful in grooming rangers to take down the occasional criminal element.

Beyond that it was just an egg he hadn't incubated long enough yet.

● tags:
● notes: