193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
new year, new relations [bb]
POSTED ON Jan 1, 2021 8:00:33 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] entering the establishment of mauville's gym. together did zenji and his lucario come to deliver katherine's pokemon. they remained by the entrance in order to the meet gym leader personally. the pokemon she had given to pass onto zenji's facility made sure they were healthy and promptly ready for their next fight. they couldn't have done it without their resident aide .

as the director of evol stood in wait. he would come to take out a cigarette and place it into his mouth. just as he was about to light the stick zenji would notice a sign. "mm..." a small groan escaped him and he would place the cancer stick behind his ear, "i'll save it for later." many would care about making a good impression during their first meet with someone as established as a gym leader, but not zenji.

he had other matters to tend to. he was hoping to not have to be here all day. the last thing he wanted to do was run into some snot-nosed brat right now.

note:

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.light b]color: #dea02c[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
good girls go to heaven, bad girls rule the world
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 10:17:19 GMT
Katherine Fairburne Avatar

[attr="class","katherine"]
[attr="class","katherinepokes"]

“I am afraid there aren’t enough windows in my gym to allow people to smoke,” Katherine says, her expression adorning a short, apologetic smile. “Wouldn’t make sense with all the mirrors we’ve placed around here, y’know?” She gestures around with one of her hands, showcasing the many, identical mirrors that surrounded them and decorated each wall, floor tile and even the ceiling inside the facility.

“Do you have a challenge scheduled for now?”

Her eyes peer down at the journal Amber, her assistant, has left her with. This was clearly not the right time for her to take a lunch break, but Kat preferred to allow those whenever asked.

Unfortunately, the cost of such a courtesy was that she was left to deal with paperwork all by herself. It was evident that her talents belonged on the battlefield, and not behind a desk.

notes: hi boo

[attr="class","katherinetag"]

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Jan 3, 2021 13:19:24 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] soft, gray orbs took in the approaching figure. her face glassy, fitting for someone with a gym designed like so. her scent was soft--cloying to be exact. it reminded him of a flower.

"lavender..." zenji uttered.

he'd take such a scent into memory. as lucario handed zenji the case, he'd casually hand it back to her. his arm would extend before the woman and awaited for the content to be taken. "your pokemon are in top condition. their checkup showed nothing abnormal from the war. they're suited to return to the battlefield beyond this gym." ah, she also thought the director was some sort of challenger.

shaking his head, "no, i merely came to return your property. most of my staff were out today, and i had business in the area anyway. so i thought to save everyone the trip." his expression remained steeled.

"my name zenji jabami, director of the evol research facility. i take it you're , gym leader of mauville."

he'd slightly bow his head, "it's a pleasure to meet you." his baritone voice held a monotonous theme to it. once more the professor would examine the gym, "interesting facility design..." zenji would come to steadily study the scenery.

note:

[newclass=.light]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 4, 2021 5:41:11 GMT

“Oh, oh. I see.”

She expected an old man wearing a pair of round glasses to bring her back her pokemon, not someone who was as young or, well, easy on the eyes as Zenji. Having his reflection duplicated within her gym was better than any snack she could’ve had for lunch.

“Thank you, then. I didn’t think you guys do special deliveries, but it’s very nice of you.”

A light smile touches her lips, brightening her expression.

At his introduction, she nods her head to confirm that he was right about her identity. “Yes, that’d be me. You can call me Kat, if you’d like.” Her own eyes drifted across the room when the professor looked around, admiring the beauty of her own facility along with him. “Ah, yes. I get that often.”

“You said you had business to tend to in Mauville, right? Anything I could help you with? I know the way around the city, and I have some spare time.”

[newclass=.katherine] width: 330px; font-family: 'Trebuchet MS'; font-size: 11px; text-align: justify; color: #a3a3a3; padding: 20px; line-height: 12pt; margin-top: -10px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherine b] color: #D5B259; font-size: 12px; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinetag a] background: #2e2e2e; padding: 10px; border: 1px solid #252525; text-transform: uppercase!important; font-family: 'roboto'; font-size: 10px; font-weight: bold; color: #aaa; letter-spacing: 1px!important; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes] text-align:right; [/newclass] [newclass=.katherinepokes img] padding: 0px 5px 5px 0px; background: #2e2e2e; border: solid 1px #252525; [/newclass]
close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 7:24:04 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] "kat?"

if that was the name she preferred, then he'd oblige. "alright, you can just call me zenji." formalities weren't exactly his thing. he found them to be too much of a hassle. his intention was to be get in and get out, but somehow he overstayed the time that was calculated for his departure.

how annoying.

he'd look back to upon receiving her offer. "it would kill sometime, so if you want i've no qualms." it would give him a little more insight on the gym leader and what she was like anyway. "whenever you're ready, you can lead the way." he couldn't wait to get outside and pop stick. whenever their journey was set to start, zenji would choose to start the conversation off with a commentary on her gym.

"your design, why did you choose that?" he asked with curiosity.

note:

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 7:52:32 GMT

“I am ready.”

It took her no more than a minute or two to prepare herself to head out, after retrieving her bag and placing a couple of capsules inside it. It wasn’t often that she got to tour someone around her city, so taking advantage of the situation was more alluring to her with each passing moment.

“Where do you need to go first? The Pokecenter?” It was nothing more than a guess, but one she was willing to act upon as she led her way in that direction. Of course, depending on Zenji’s answer, their path could change.

“Oh. Honestly? Too many people refuse to face what they are, the actions that they take, and the things they say. I’d like to think that facing their reflections might help with that,” Was the official, practiced answer. The honest one came immediately afterward.

“I also really like looking at myself, so I guess it's a win-win situation.”

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 8:17:01 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] honest response. zenji wouldn't expect anything less from a gym leader. her answer was very superficial. he had to respect it.

"if there's one thing i can respect, it's honesty." a small smile would break his steel visage. this gym leader was an interesting, not what he had expected. "i guess even a gym leader has their faults." zenji would then come to follow up with an answer, "the center, that's right." anything entailing a pokemon was probably the only, or rather one of many, reasons for his presence.

"am i to assume you're a gym leader who prefers learning over winning?" he'd inquiry curiously. "meaning as long as they learn something from that battle, that's the only way they'll earn the badge? win or lose?"

note:

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 8:59:33 GMT

Katherine failed to see a fault in herself. Self-love was of the highest virtues, if you ask her.

Of course, no one did ask her for such a vain and self-absorbed comment. People rarely did, but Kat found it right to share such feelings regardless. You either learned to ignore it or grew to disdain the woman, there was no in-between.

“Hm, yes. I suppose that’d be fair to say.” She answers after weighing his question in her head for a few moments, “I construct my challenges in a way that ensures that there’s always a way for someone to win, you could say. If they manage to find it, they pass. If they manage to impress me in a different way, they pass.”

And if they fail to achieve one of the two options she’d described, they fail.

“But, I don’t believe it ends there. Battling, that is. A fair fight in a gym is nothing like a real one, y’know? You can have as many as badges as you want, but it takes more than that to be ready for the real deal.”

It’s on the tip of her tongue: war. Nothing can truly prepare you for it.

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 9:35:12 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] it was then his ear caught kat's last utterance. "is that in reference to the recent invasion?" a fresh thing that was yet to dwindle from the consciousness of many. it would be no surprise for her, being a gym leader, to worry about the future of those she trained. "maybe you aren't as self-absorbed as some would think."

in his way, though it came off monotoned, it was zenji teasing. it seemed the mood slightly trickled downward, so it was his way of trying to lift up her spirit. though, it was only an assumption. he didn't exactly need the woman going gloomy on him. "i read in the report that you were apart of it, several of the league member." he'd look over to her, "you weren't scared?"

note:

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 10:26:25 GMT

“Fear isn’t always a luxury you can afford.”

It wasn’t just the war that taught her that, but the battle in Mauville was certainly a harsh reminder of such a fact. It was a wake-up call to many in the region, including Katherine herself. Some naturally thought that it means they have to be prepared for what comes next, for whatever enemy might strike Hoenn in the future.

Katherine, however, knew it meant only one thing.

As it stands, or rather, as it stood a few months ago, she wasn’t strong enough to defend herself. Now, after acquiring a particular beast, the tides have shifted and she is in fact much more equipped to handle what comes next.

“I was stressed, confused, and angry,” Katherine confesses, recounting the events of that day. Lucas Lane came to mind, mostly, along with a particular Pokemon she’d failed. “Scared, though? No. I am afraid there wasn’t enough time for that.”

close tab

played by

light

professor zen
he/him
june 20th
hoenn region
demisexual
researcher
sergeant
85 height
85 height
seek out the truth.
awards
193 posts
zenji jabami DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @zenji
zenji jabami
POSTED ON Jan 9, 2021 11:26:56 GMT
zenji jabami Avatar
[attr="class","light"] her ability to showcase weakness before someone she'd only just met was well worth praise. she spoke of emotions that zenji hadn't been very accustomed. were there times he held stress? yes. anger? his youth. confused? never, because everything he did he made sure to do it with his head held high. be it right or wrong.

second guessing himself wasn't something he could afford in this lifetime.

"it's normal." he responded casually. "i'm sure there are many who share your sentiment." behind his words there wasn't exactly any earnest feeling to give. it was normal to feel that way facing the unknown. "in all honesty, i'm a little jealous." he'd take out a cigarette and began to search for his lighter, "you got to experience something pretty nifty." at the cost of her life.

"ah, found it."

he'd take out a zippo lighter. with a single flick of the lighter's top. the casing opened and expelled from it was a torch. using it to light his cigarette, he'd take a drag before exhaling a cloud of air. "i'm sure someone like you must have gained something from that experience."

note:

close tab

played by

dani

the malevolent / kat
she/her
twenty three
october 7
sootopolis city
heterosexual
full-time bitch
council member
awards
2,258 posts
part of
TAG WITH @katherine
Katherine Fairburne
POSTED ON Jan 10, 2021 11:00:42 GMT

He was envious of her experience?

The mere comment, despite the nonchalant way in which Zenji managed to spit it out, prompts Katherine to raise a questioning brow, “Jealous?” It almost sounded like a joke. Almost. Considering his neutral expression, she assumed that it was no jest.

“I assure you, it wasn’t just… Nifty. People lost their lives that day.” It sounded as if he was making the war sound much more lax and forgiving than it actually was, much less grim and scarring. Truthfully, Katherine herself was less focused on those they’ve lost, only the loss of a single person caused her to feel sorrow and regret.

Now, hearing Zenji’s words, she can almost see Lance in her head. She can almost sense his spirit reaching to her in the way that it did due to the punishment devised for her.

However, despite the silent rage that almost compels Katherine to lecture him more, his final comment brings a wave of serenity to wash over her. She’s reminded of who she’d met on that fateful day, who she’d set free.

“..Something, yeah.”

Zenji was in luck, for Katherine’s gym was located near Mauville’s Pokecenter. They reach the facility after a short while that’s spent mostly in silence by the woman.

”It was a pleasure meeting you, mister Jabami. I hope you’ll find it right to pay my gym a second visit, sometime.”

Her features adopt a fake, manufactured smile before she turns to leave.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,923 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 4:56:03 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: