awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 2:10:55 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

They said taking a bath in the hot springs would ‘rejuvenate’ and ‘renew’ the skin, make it softer, make it fresh and pure.

However they didn’t consider the possibility if the person in question was more… attuned now to the powers of cold rather than heat!

…that being said, Lars knew that the experience prior in the tunnels under Mauville was one for the ages, and shit it was hot. Too hot. Who knew the wings would melt away when exposed to such voracious heat?!

Gods, could he even tough it out in a hot spring anymore? Well that was what he was here for today.

And of course, he was lugging around…something, in one of the several towels that were given to him when he’d entered the facility. Thankfully it wasn’t too noticeable.

Where was the person he was waiting for?! He was sitting at the edge of the hot springs, unsure if he wanted to slide in and melt like a fucking ice cube.

doing the new year, new me mission

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 2:17:20 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]
[attr="class","queenbody"]
[attr="class","queentri"]

[attr="class","queentri2"]
[attr="class","queentag"]

[attr="class","queentextbox"]
[attr="class","queentext"]

The person that the Head Ranger was waiting for suddenly emerged behind him, giving him a push to fall in the hot water. "If you don't want to be suspicious, you got to act like the naturals here, Laurence. Let me get changed." Balder, still fully clothed, proceeded to go towards the changing room. How did he come in unnoticed?[break][break]

The reflection of light that shone on crystals as dark as the night were possibly a hint to this, but the figure vanished almost instantly, in a blink. After a few minutes, Balder returned, a Fundoshi wrapped around his private parts and a towel on his shoulder. "I locked the door and advised the landlady about it. We're good for at least an hour."[break][break]

The Alolan man proceeded to enter the water, dropping his towel on the side of the spring. After taking in the heat of the water, the man released a satisfying breath and then looked at the Head Ranger. "So? Why the sudden meeting?"

[attr="class","queencred"]Nano

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/VVxuNtw.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext b]color:#dc9100;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:link]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none;font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Holtwood One SC][googlefont=Roboto][googlefont=Playfair Display]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 2:21:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

A sudden yelp announced his presence before he found himself momentarily face-to-face with the hot water. Coming up from underneath the surface, hissing and spitting like a wet cat, he shoved the mop of hair out of his eyes and looked up.

“Geez, what the fuck, how do you move around like that? Didn’t fucking hear you until the very last second!” he exclaimed, still shaking water out of his hair, his nostrils, everywhere.

Realizing that the thing he was currently keeping on behalf of their group was hidden among a pile of towels close to where he was sitting before he fell in, he waded over and pulled it out.

“This is what I wanted to talk about,” he remarked, waving the ‘plate’ Balder’s way.

“You know any mythos, any stories about this?”

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 2:28:17 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

"Teleport." A simple answer for such a simple question. It seemed like the enemies of Hoenn had invested in this skill, it was time that Balder did the same. For best result, he would also be tempted to use a smokescreen as soon as he would emerge from the teleportation maneuver, but that was unnecessary right now.[break][break]

Then, Lars proceeded to move forward with the reason they were here: the excavated plate that they had found on their little escapade. After everyone's consensus, the Head Ranger was meant to be the holder. But for him to return with it that soon... Sure seemed odd. " In order for me to tell you what I think, I'd have to have it in my hand so I can check it properly."[break][break]

Upon these words, he extended his hand, awaiting an action from Lars. It wasn't to go out with the plate and steal it. In order to be able to say anything about the plate, he needs to be able to read it up close and be able to analyze it.

[newclass=.queen] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; padding:3px; background-color:#000; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenbody] position:relative; height:600px; width:500px; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/VVxuNtw.png"); filter: brightness(60%) [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri] position:absolute; bottom:3px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0px 500px 500px 0px; border-color: transparent transparent #1B1B1B transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentri2] position:absolute; top:2px; right:2px; display: block; width: 0; height: 0; border-style: solid; border-width: 0 200.0px 200.0px 0; border-color: transparent #1B1B1B transparent transparent; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queenpkmn] position:relative; top:250px; left:450px; height: 30px; width: 30px; padding:2px; margin:2px; background-color: #bbb; border-radius: 50%; display: inline-block; background-color:#505050; border:solid 1px #1B1B1B; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentextbox] position:absolute; bottom:10px; left:10px; height:250px; width:400px; background-color:#505050; padding:10px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext] position:relative; text-align:left; font-size:12px; overflow:auto; height:250px; width:400px; font-family: 'Roboto', sans-serif;color:#A5A5A5[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentag] position:absolute; transform: rotate(45deg); text-align:center; font-size:12px; color:#fff; width:200px; top:70px; text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar]width:3px;background-color:#313131;border:#505050 1px solid;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queentext::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:3px;background-color:#768ba3;[/newclass]
[newclass=.queencred]position:absolute; bottom:2px; right:2px; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
[newclass=a:visited]color: #ABABAB; text-decoration:none; font-size:9px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 2:32:22 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“There’s some shit on the back, so… well, knock yourself out,” he remarked, wiping it down with another towel because it was getting misted over with the steam from the hot springs.

“There’s also like… a meeting, somewhere. Evergrande, I think? I saw a flier for it while dropping off papers at the main offices over there. Looking for people who found things similar to what we got here. But… I don’t know… he trailed off, concerned.

He then dug through the bucket off the side of the hot springs and eventually returned with the creased flier before waving it in the other man’s direction as well.

“I don’t know… it’s too… convenient. Too risky. You know what I mean?”

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 2:49:00 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

Balder proceeded to take the tablet from Lars' hand, listening to the words he was saying. Before he started reading and inspecting, however, he heard the Head Ranger mention a meeting. Flyers and such too. The Alolan squinted as he looked at the man. "The circumstances are indeed odd. Maybe other groups have found similar objects in their travels, but announcing a meeting..."[break][break]

Balder paused for a second. "Thinking it'd be some Rocket remnant or something like that? The risk is too high yeah. But on the off chance that it's really attracting people that got the same item... It'd be a goldmine of information." And it was true. Problem is, both himself or Lars couldn't show themselves at that location. They'd be painting targets on their back if this plate ended up being more valuable then expected.[break][break]

The Ex-Gym Leader brought the tablet up to his face, beginning to read the content on the back. "Before the universe came..." ".... I feel like I know what this is related to. But... It doesn't make any sense at all. If it is what I think it is, why would it be down there... We need more information. That is for certain."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 2:58:02 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“It’s way too… how should I put this, coincidental? The risk is high enough as it is, and you’re right—what if it is a Rocket remnant? You can never discount that fact either,” he nodded gravely.

Truth of the matter was that if he showed up there (much as he was tempted to) it would be like hoisting up a big-ass neon sign that had “come and get me!” in flashing red.

At Balder’s words, he looked up from his own private musing. “Since I’m Hoenn-born and raised, most of the mythos I know of are for the Weather Trio. I figured you may know something, since you’ve traveled around quite a bit,” he added.

And it was here he saw the tattoos inked all over the other man’s body.

“You do know the rep of tattooed individuals and hot springs, right?” he teased. He’d heard stories from the other Rangers who came from Johto mostly, about how some of them couldn’t even catch a break in a hot springs location because of the ink on their bodies. Even if it was the smallest, subtlest wording or a simple design.

“You charmed the owner or something?” he went on, stifling his laughter and preparing to get swat at.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 3:07:04 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

So the Head Ranger was a true Hoennian, only aware of the legends of Kyogre, Groudon and the few information about the flying Green Dragon. "Well, you're right in the sense that I did travel. Plus, my travels lead me to learn about many of the legends of each and every regions. And their customs as well. So I do have an inkling of what this plate should relate to."[break][break]

The man proceeded to place the plate on top of the water, letting it float for a bit. Maybe he was expecting something unusual from it? Like turning the water muddy or something. "Our best bet would be to have someone we can trust to go, and who's able to disguise themselves. Like Ruby. Hoping she can put the disguise on at least. The two of us would get noticed right away and wouldn't be able to gather any information."[break][break]

But then, an unexpected turn occurred. Something related to the tattoos the man harbored and how it was viewed. Having travelled Kanto and Johto, Balder was aware of how tattooed individuals were regarded in the Hot Springs of these regions, and decided to play along. "What, didn't you know? While I was on the run from Olivia, I formed a Yakuza Gang and took things in my own hand, and the landlady's part of my gang!" The man chuckled. "Obviously, she's fine with me having those. I help her from time to time, and she knows me so there's no issues. And Hoennians in general don't seem to mind about tattoos."

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 4:35:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

There was a bit of a flaw in the solution that Balder had presented—but he chose not to address it, at least not for the moment. It was basically the white elephant in the room, so to speak.

“…she’s also known across the region, Saint of Slateport, y’know, dubbed by that crazy sea witch?” he offered, wondering if Balder realized what was up. Either way…

“Much as I want to risk going out to that meeting, my instincts are screaming at me that it’s very possibly a trap… he trailed off as he stared into the water. How were they going to get around this?

At the crack about his tattoos, he chuckled.

“You can tell how different people are from place to place, I mean look at Johto—they lose their shit over tattooed people in hot springs. Here? Clearly they don’t,” he teased before taking the slab back and flipping it over to read the words on the opposite side.

Before the universe came. What are your impressions about it?” he inquired as he squinted through the hazy gloom, the better to read the words.

Unless the thing was tilted a certain way, it was hard to pick out the words written on it.

close tab

played by

Driclone

Balder
He/Him
February 12
Alola
Pan?
Dark Avenger
Bodyguard of Dahlia
Forever alone
On the road again
399 height
399 height
OwO what's this
awards
727 posts
part of
TAG WITH @balder
Balder Schwartz
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 11, 2021 5:59:28 GMT
Balder Schwartz Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","queen"]

"People forget when they don't get a reminder Laurence. In our case, our popularity is too high to be forgotten. Even me vanishing from the region for months barely changed a thing due to the impact I had. And yeah, I'm aware of her nickname and where it originated from... Even though I must agree she deserves this one." Plus, knowing that Ruby held a dominion on many Psychic types, she would surely be able to find a way in.[break][break]

As the plate floated towards Lars, Balder noticed the water turning... somewhat muddy. Yet, there didn't seem to be any soil residues on it. "... Odd. This shouldn't be happening." Once Lars had it in his hand, the plate was wet, yes, but didn't seem muddy at all. Lars adding that this meeting might be a trap was something the man had to agree with, with a simple nod.[break][break]

After joking about the judgement from people other regions, he proceeded to ask what he thought this meant. Balder sighed. "Two possibilities. First would be related to Arceus itself, as the legend goes that he was the creator of the universe. The other possibility... is an unknown legend, preceding Arceus and thus indicating that the divinity did NOT create the universe, but something else. And this could be dangerous..."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
#nohomo [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 12, 2021 1:58:39 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: