awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
gone fishing: the new year edition [m][bb]
POSTED ON Jan 22, 2021 16:38:15 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Was he a sadist for looking for a particular booth that involved Magikarp fishing? Maybe he was.

Maybe he’d liked that feature that he’d encountered some time ago with the golden Magikarp tank—lots of people coming out so fucking early to try their hand at catching the golden ‘Karp; but nobody came close. Well, he almost did—once.

So this time it was definitely personal.

With cotton candy in one hand and his phone in another, he was adamant on finding the damned place. There were several cities that had bigger booths available, and here he was down in Lilycove, hoping that there was a Magikarp fishing one for the festival.

Maybe he was a little later than usual to these kinds of things, but—who knew?

open thread for festival festivities

@tag
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 2:15:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Festivals were certainly something. 
[break][break]
This had been the second time she came to one, and it didn't take very long for a lad dressed up in a pikachu suit to bump into her. She was a little annoyed but a lot more frazzled seeing as how the man fled from the scene like a pikachu would. The real miracle was that she didn't drop her precious festival food, she would allow herself to let it happen once - not twice. 
[break][break]
Compared to the other festivals location, this one seemed a lot smaller. Didn't make it any less lively though. The gentle breeze in the wind carried over the scents of nearby food stalls. The aroma only enticed Chloe to buy more food, even if her wallet had gone completely dry. Chloe glanced towards the sky - eyes watching the fleeting fireworks that began to bloom. A nearby child tugged at their mom, eagerly cheering as they watched the firework turn into a smiling eevee. 
[break][break]
People certainly were interesting. It made Chloe wonder, if she had experienced this as a child would she have watched fireworks and attended the festivities with her family. It was unlikely seeing as they both were busy with work, nothing but wishful longing. After grabbing some food she was prepared to leave, from the looks of it the festivities had been winding down already. As she walked, she had looked over to watch the angry shouts of customers who lost out in a game. It distracted her from looking where she was walking causing her to bump heads with  
Wincing from the pain, she was annoyed that it was the second time someone had bumped into her - though she was to blame. Giving the other man a look she hoped that he was okay. "Oh god, sorry!" 
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Jan 23, 2021 16:41:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars was—rather busy, trying to look around and catch a glimpse of the booths he was passing. So, it was partially his fault he didn’t watch where he was going.

Thankfully, the hold he had on his phone and stick of cotton candy was secure enough before he heard a feminine voice catch his attention.

“Oh, sorry—no, really, I am,” he added a few seconds later. “Are you alright? Nothing broken?” he followed up, concerned.

“Are you looking for anything in particular?” he went on. She certainly looked—like she may have been looking for something too.

“Have you seen a fishing booth around here?”

thank you for joining me in the festival festivities!

@chloe

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jan 24, 2021 7:49:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Relieved that he had been better mannered then the other guy who ran into her, she warmly smiled back at him. Injury wise Chloe had been fine, other then a small red bump that formed due to the collision. She hadn't even noticed that it was there though since it didn't hurt one bit. Having a glance towards the man that she bumped heads with, she was able to determine that they both hadn't been watching their step. 
"It's okay! I also hadn't been paying attention." She responded eagerly and kindly taking a moment to feel for any broken bones like the man asked. "Luckily no bones seem to have been broken!" Chloe responded in a joking like manner, a light chuckle coming from her. 
[break][break]
Had she been looking for something? She wondered what brought on the question, well she had been looking for the fastest way to leave. She found it that the festivities always brought large crowds of people, and it made it more difficult to leave.
"Oh, no not really." The man's next question brought a recent memory to replay in Chloe's mind. She realized that the booth she recently passed by looked like the one the man had been searching for, "Hmm, I think that I have seen it a little that ways." Chloe blinked she pointed towards the way that she came from. "Though it didn't seem like people were having to much fun, in fact someone seemed quite angry!" 
[break][break]
Since Chloe hardly came to the festivals she was unaware of how frustrating the games could be, and how angry people got because of them. Realizing that she may have given poor directions to the man she felt a little embarrassed.
"Oh I can show you!" She said cheerfully her smile was brighter and she extended her arm towards the man. "Name Is Chloe!" She added on. 
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 0:51:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Oh shit.

At the mention of someone losing their shit at the booth, he knew that he’d found it! However, since someone was currently losing their marbles over yonder way—he decided to spare them the terror of an angry courier instead.

“Dang, it’s that bad?” he began, looking over and squinting in the distance. As a matter of fact, thanks to his height he was able to see someone storming away from the booth. Even if he could faintly hear what the hell they were screaming about, he could take a guess it wasn’t too good.

“Oh, that’s rough,” he chuckled, looking down at the young woman he’d accidentally bumped into.

“Nice to meet you, Chloe. You can call me Lars,” he said by way of introduction.

“Sorry if I almost caused an accident there.”

@chloe

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 1:44:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
" I guess they are just angry" Chloe said with a small shrug not really understanding why anyone would be really angry over a game. It was a little strange to think about she also tried to peer through the crowd but since she wasn't tall like Lars, she gave up on trying to see what was going on. "It's a pleasure to meet you Lars!" The name sounded a little familiar but she didn't mention it.
[break][break]
"Oh it's totally fine, don't stress it!" With a nod she glanced towards a food stall - The aroma only enticed Chloe further. "Oh did you still want to play the game?" She was more interested in the food herself, but didn't have any money to purchase any. She was only just going to admire the smell and stare at it longingly.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 2:42:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“After seeing that happen?” he gestured over with another tilt of his head. “No thanks, I’d rather eat instead,” he added a few moments later.

Realizing he still had the cotton candy in his other hand, he tore off a piece and offered it to Chloe.

“Want some?” he offered. “The guy selling the cotton candy goofed and gave me a huge-ass piece.”

Now he was hungry…

“Since we’re already here—you hungry or anything?” he asked curiously a few moments later. “We can eat instead.”

He idly wondered where Evan was; but no matter—he had a feeling the older man would return eventually. For now, though, he was here to enjoy the evening’s festivities.

@chloe
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 3:24:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Oh right!" She laughed it off, classic Chloe asking such air headed questions. She twiddled with her hands during the brief moments of silence, and when Lars had asked if she wanted cotton candy, she felt overjoyed. Chloe had been eyeing it when she first saw him, it looked delicious after all and well she never really tried cotton candy before. It wasn't something her parents normally brought back home. She eagerly nodded, "Thanks! I would love to try some!" She took the cotton candy that he had offered and quickly swallowed it. Her eyes brightened "Wow it's so sweet~ She said approving of the taste, her cheeks flushing, she hoped that Lars didn't think her reaction to eating cotton candy was strange.
[break][break]
She wasn't comfortable with the idea of letting a complete stranger buy her something to eat, he already offered her cotton candy after all. "I'm not hungry!" After she said that, her stomach emitted a growl and she blinked from the realization. "I-I mean! I am a bit of a foodie but I probably will eat when I go home or something.. " She stammered feeling flustered that her stomach had betrayed her.
close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,790 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 3:42:40 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

At the sound of the woman’s stomach growling, he had to bite back a laugh.

“Well, the mind says ‘no’, but the stomach says ‘feed me otherwise we riot’,” he chuckled again. “Look, I originally came here to blow money on the fishing booth, but too much bad mojo isn’t the right way to enjoy this festival. As it happens I brought enough to go hit as many of the snack carts and food stalls…” he trailed off, pocketing his phone and pulling out a wallet.

After counting what was inside, he smirked.

“Yeah, I mean—I don’t want that bad energy. I insist,” he added a few moments later. “Besides, I haven’t eaten anything else asides from the cotton candy either—“

And his stomach chose to rumble as well. What the hell!

@chloe

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 5:46:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Chloe's anxiety went away upon seeing that Lars was pretty friendly and did not seem to be the person to judge people. "Nt stomach always does this to me!" Chloe said with a pout, why in the world was she such a glutton. Her stomach would rumble at her always at the worst times. Though she couldn't deny but feel joy when Lars had mentioned that he was stacked on cash. Unfortunately Chloe always had a problem of spending money on stupid stuff, that she was always broke. She nodded when he mentioned how he wasn't a fan of bad energy. "Right no bad energy allowed!" She responded playfully swatting away at the air besides them, showing that she expelled it. "There!" She confidently said placing her hands on her hips.
[break][break]
Upon hearing the mans stomach rumble as well, Chloe couldn't hold back her laughter, even though Lars did. "Well, shall we get what they are demanding then?" She questioned with a grin, if he was so keen on buying her food then she wouldn't try changing his mind - she was grateful for it! Pointing at the nearby food stands, she gently tugged on his sleeve. "The food over there is giving off a really good smell.." Drool had practically came from her mouth, and when she realized it she quickly wiped it away. Hoping that Lars hadn't noticed it.
[break][break]
She also noticed that a sudden plethora of glowing paper lanterns filled the sky with their dim light. Her eyes widened from the sight of them, they made the sky look so magical. Her mouth opened a bit as she was happy to see it. "How pretty!" She exclaimed in a dream like tone.
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,778 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Feb 1, 2021 8:24:20 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@chloe