siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
running with the big dogs
POSTED ON Jan 29, 2021 9:30:26 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar
it gets harder just to breathe
feel like the walls are closin' in

PARTY

Two knocks. Alek stood before the door labeled as 's office, the other underboss beside whom he had the pleasure, and nuisance, to meet only mere days ago. Held on his left was a thick black folder, filled with paper to a point where the strap that held it close was struggling to keep it shut. These were files and test results from the larvitar Chu-e had tasked him to examine; a soft-copy of such files were also available on the flash drive he kept on his pocket.

Speaking of larvitar, the pokemon was stored on its own pokeball found clipped on Alek's belt, intended to be returned in time with its test results.

Two more knocks. "Alek Xanders from the science and research department." He said out loud. "I'm here to deliver larvitar's test reults from two days ago."

On a second thought, maybe he did need an appointment.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
creatures of habit, carrion flowers, growing from repeated crimes.
awards
7,871 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Jan 30, 2021 3:35:20 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
From behind , a young man clears his throat. This man is not Gavin Merlino.

'Soundproof,' he explains, gesturing at the thick metal door barring entry to Merlino's office. 'Boss operates on an appointment schedule, usually, but... Larvitar samples, you said?' He frowns as if considering something, then checks through his phone. After a brief exchange of messages, he looks up from the device as the door emits an audible click. 'Go ahead.'

The heavy door opens to a stark, utilitarian office. The window that might provide a view of the ocean is covered over. A Klefki floats above a metal desk behind which Gavin sits, fingers interlaced.

"Thank you, Ellis," Gavin calls out, before the door closes. When it does, he cocks his head and regards Alek. "My assistant," he explains. "You have the samples with you?"

His indifferent demeanor lapses enough to show an excited gleam in his eye.
close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 1:25:11 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

The assistant moved swiftly, as though trained for long to do his very profession. He could already tell how Gavin would've differed from Chu-e without even meeting the man as his assistant alone spoke for him. Perhaps it would be best for him to adjust his attitude accordingly.

Alek entered the room, the sight of Gavin in wait would be enough to send chills down the bravest of men. Alek, on the other hand, had no means to be afraid; after all, he was only there to deliver him numbers, data which he himself doesn't know the purpose of aside from few calculated guesses.

"Results are here." He said, the black folder raised before him. "Double checked. Samples are back at my station if you so wish to re analyze, sir."

Still very much unused to using honorifics and formality; perhaps meeting Gavin first would've made his interaction with the other underboss much more different. He handed to folder over to Gavin.

"There were no abnormalities detected. Good antibody count. Zero diseases, infections, parasytes... Average parameters all in all, and though it is on the lighter side in terms of weight, it is by no means underweight. I suggest high calorie intake for a month."

He said, reciting his findings to give the underboss a quick run down of what the numbers meant to save him some time.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,871 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 12:46:34 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin's sharp eyes find the folder in 's hand and never leave it until it's set upon his desk, at which point the underboss opens it to marvel at its contents.

"Your work seems sufficient," he assures him; a compliment, coming from one as critical as Gavin. "As for its caloric intake, any supplements to its diet may need altering to fit the parameters of its fully-evolved state."

At last, his attention settles on the scientist. "We're planning to evolve it through use of steroids; the specimen to which it's to be compared is a Tyranitar. We needed samples of its base form to ensure those steroids don't interfere too drastically with its genetic make-up." Usually, he'd be more vague. Alek was a fellow scientist, however, and so he leaves in the details. "I understand you worked with to get these; how much has he told you about the project?"

Not much, he expects.
close tab

played by

siege

The Stork
he/him
July 7th
Rustboro
heterosexual
head scientist
head scientist
awards
63 posts
Alek Xanders DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @alek
Alek Xanders
POSTED ON Feb 3, 2021 13:24:48 GMT
Alek Xanders Avatar

PARTY

"I've not been informed of thees plans." He said, still standing before Gavin's desk, not daring to help himself with a seat knowing well of who he's talking to. From his pocket, Alek took out a plain black USB flash drive containing full copies of digital documents identical to what he had just handed over earlier. "Here's the soft copy as well, by the way."

"If so then I do think that it'd do well should it undergo steroid induced evolution considering these results. And I do suppose that using pills would be a solid option to increase its weight in short time." Quite frankly, if he knew, he would've done additional tests to check for the mon's genetic integrity with evolution and steroid effects in mind.

"And..." He trailed off, humming as he recalled the interaction with Chu-e; when he so desperately tried to stall in order to squeeze information out. "The other underboss spared me the details. Not even a clue on what these tests were for."

His eyes lit up, hoping that perhaps he could finally be involved with rocket's much larger projects.

[ OOC ]

MADE BY ★MEULK OF GS

close tab

played by

thorn

Gavin Merlino
he/him
october 28th
circhester, galar
demisexual
the harbinger
underboss
awards
7,871 posts
part of
TAG WITH @gavin
Cillian Quinn
POSTED ON Feb 4, 2021 4:10:51 GMT
Cillian Quinn Avatar
Gavin nods his thanks when the USB is handed over, and only then does it occur to him that their conversation might warrant an extended visit.

"Sit, if you've time to spare."

He gestures to the only other chair in the room. He can see the wild gleam of excitement in 's gaze and feels kinship in the overwhelming thirst for knowledge. With Rocket's former head scientists curiously absent, and his sister new to the position, he'll need to cultivate new connections within the laboratories to keep his secrets. This one was fresh meat, and Gavin will be the first to sink his teeth in.

"Flint speaks highly of you." He doesn't doubt Alek will recognize the name. "Devon, she said. They were fools to let you go. Those operating within the League can be so soft." He spits the word. From his pocket, Gavin retrieves an ODD FRAGMENT of material. Though he holds it out for inspection, the curl of his fingers suggests it is not meant to be touched. "Have you ever seen anything like this before?"