plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
a wild, wild show [mission]
POSTED ON Feb 14, 2021 20:28:23 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Even in a city as busy and lively as Mauville there are quiet hours. Past midnight, in the business district, the empty streets are silent save the buzzing of flickering street lamps. The flickering street lamps and the people skulking in their shadows.

On one side of the street -- Carbink Jewelers. A Kalos brand that had hoped a move to Hoenn would help them branch off into the world at large.

Maybe it would have with better timing, but with war and Rockets right around the corner it's proved to be a pretty poor move. These days it looks more like a small military base than a store -- with armed guards and police more regular patrons than any Mauville citizen.

On the other side, the latest trouble about to descend on the poor multi-million dollar business. Plank stands off to the side of a streetlamp's spotlight, half concealed in an alleyway. Her usual hoodie is pulled up over her head and pulled so tight that only her nose and eyes (and a few stray bits of hair) peek out.

Even that little bit of her face is obscured by a cheap costume burglar mask. The string securing it to her face digs uncomfortably into the backs of her ears.

"How ya wanna do this?" her muffled voice questions the shadows behind her, "I say we just blitz the place. Princess gives 'em a taste of SUPERSONIC, knocks 'em on their asses, 'n' we just rush in. Run 'n' gun."

At the mention of her name Princess, Plank's Goldeen, floats into focus from around her trainer's right. She swims through the air in that uncomfortable way fish pokemon do on land.

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2021 3:45:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jun"]it's impossible to think in the burglar mask. the gears in his head refuse to cooperate with each other, disrupted by the discomfort of strange fabric sticking into his skin. jun takes a moment to look around, assessing the situation, before sliding his mask up.

"that sounds very chaotic." he breathes, bringing up a finger to scratch an itch on his cheek. "but you're on the right track."

free from the confines of the mask, jun peers into the store, allowing the gears to freely turn. it takes him a moment before he speaks up again.

"princess can keep them distracted with SUPERSONIC while halo takes care of the cameras. i count three, but i might be mistaken." his finger floats over to three different corners. "we shouldn't be seen nor caught on camera. too risky."
[attr="class","pokesprite pokemon shedinja"]
[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.jun] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .jun b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .jun u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .jun a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .jun .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .jun .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .jun .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .jun .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Feb 15, 2021 23:33:39 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]You're on the right track.

Her partner's response rubs Plank wrong. It chafes against her ego in such a way that when it hits her ears it registers as little but condescension. Doubt. She got enough of both on the boat ride to Galar a few days ago.

"The chaos is the fuckin' point," she objects, "If we make a big enough scene they'll be too busy doin' damage control t' all swarm us."

The truth is she's restless. Plank wants action, was hoping this mission would give her an opportunity to find some. A good excuse for a bit of mindless conflict.

She's just self aware enough to recognize this selfish desire; and so when she opens her mouth next it's to take a step back. To compromise.

"How 'bout I give ya a second t' handle the cameras, 'n' then we hit 'em hard 'n' fast," she says, "No cameras means no footage of us and my plan t' raise hell will go smoother."

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 4:55:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jun"]it's not so much condescension as it is caution. his mind stays focused on the store as it runs through different scenarios. make a big enough scene and more people might get involved. they need to keep this localized, contained, isolated. but he nods, agreeing.

"you do have a point. some chaos might be good for us."

jun has to take a moment to pull himself away from the store. he shifts his attention to his partner, nodding.

"that sounds good. we can hit them as soon as halo takes out the last camera."

and with a small whistle, halo floats over his head and approaches the store, vanishing into the shadows. jun watches with anticipation, waiting.

"what did you say your name was again?"
[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.jun] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .jun b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .jun u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .jun a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .jun .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .jun .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .jun .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .jun .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 5:13:50 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"I do have a point, don't I?" Plank wastes no time turning the scantest of praise into a chance to brag and preen herself. Her smug smile is hidden behind the makeshift mask her hoodie has provided, but the way her eyes sparkle when she nods in response to the man's direction couldn't make her mood clearer.

"Ya hear that, Princess?" She asks her Goldeen (who swims out in front of her at the sound of her name) in an excited whisper, "The moment I give ya the word we're gonna make these fools see stars!"

At the question from her partner Plank offers a knowing glance and a raised eyebrow. After a few beats of silence, just so he knows she sees what he's doing, she replies.

"I didn't, but ya can call me 'Plank'."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Feb 16, 2021 14:02:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","jun"]"i forget most of us have nicknames." his finger continues to scratch the same itch before he stops, turns to his partner, and offers her a courteous smile. "my name's jun."

again, the itch persists, and it's only then that he realizes it's not from the mask. it's a controlled reaction then: to pull his hand away and into a pocket. his heart beats at an uncomfortale pace, and he takes deep breaths to counteract that.

"don't laugh, but," he says, closing his eyes. "this is my first mission."
[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2021 21:46:26 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Do we?" Plank asks genuinely in response to Jun's observation. Most of her partners had just given her their name names, but maybe they hadn't? Maybe they were pseudonyms?

Whatever. Doesn't matter.

"Well Jun, I guess I'll just have t' show ya the ropes then," she pushes past the last, inconsequential topic to the one most pressingly at hand. Underneath her sweater she's grinning like an idiot. Excited to get things going. Without asking if her partner's handled the cameras or not she nods at her Goldeen.

"Princess, let's show 'em what's up! SUPERSONIC!" she orders excitedly before bursting out from their hiding place.

Her Goldeen takes aim at the nearest guards before opening her mouth and squealing in a disorienting frequency. Her victims slam hands over their ears, but it's too late. Already they start to crumple as their vision swims and the world flips.

"C'mon!" she orders her partner before making to run passed the grounded guards.

close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 5:30:40 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]It's different, being the first in the theft assembly line rather than some cog turning in the middle of the machine. Active in a way that feels like it pushes Plank simultaneously in and out of the experience.

Her hands buzz as she runs passed guards. Sends them tumbling to the ground with a vertigo-inducing SUPERSONIC or knocking them into walls with WATERFALL. Adrenaline pumps and gives everything this hyper-real quality; but at the same time it's hard to feel much. Remember much.

Everything feels all at once unintentional and carefully executed.

It's hard to tell how long the heist takes. What exactly she does, what Jun does instead. All she knows is they manage the job in the end.

She's got what they came for in hand as they break through a window and dash out into the alley they came from. She can feel some kind of bruise from she doesn't know what blossoming across her lower back.

"Good work, newbie," is all she has to say. Plank flashes the older man a short smile before taking off in a direction opposite him, just in case they're being tailed.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,834 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 6:35:30 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: