Sparkling Gems

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 7:54:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","flynn"]

"Hmm..." Derrick thought out loud, staring at the defeated golbat with slight concern. "Looks like we'll have to work on your temper.." He concluded giving a glance down at the tyrunt who was proud of his victory, and not caring much about what his trainer had to say. Derrick huffed shaking his head with a little frustration - all his pokemon were well behaved Rawr, being the sole exception.
[break][break]
"T-Thank you mister... " The young trainer stammered out sheepishly. The trainer had came to the jagged pass to try and excavate mega stone minerals but ended up disturbing a golbat causing the pokemon to attack out of anger. It was then when Derrick had stepped in to protect the trainer. "No sweat! Good luck trying to find a megastone" Derrick said with a cheeky grin waving the trainer goodbye. It had been Derrick's first time in Lavaridge though he had an idea what to expect as Utah had mentioned it from their last meetup.
[break][break]
The league asked for assistance in protection, which was Derrick's reasoning to come. Not really needing a mega stone as he had one in possession already. Giving the tyrunt a judging glare as the pokemon ran around in circles from pure boredom Derrick huffed, but his expression got brighter as he saw a familiar face. [break][break]
"Hi"

+ @utah

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.flynn]font:11px roboto;--accent:#389644;[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 8:33:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar

@derrick
MISSION: WE REQUIRE MORE MINTERALS

She’d just returned to Lavaridge from basic training. She’d missed her dad, and he had missed her back. The house had been a mess when she’d walked in. Utah had already spent half the day working to tidy up their home.

Even though she had just arrived, Utah was quick to answer the call of the League. She had agreed to go along with Derrick, feeling confident after intensive training and eager to utilize new skills.

She arrived on a dragonite, goggles over her eyes and aquamarine hair a little wild from the flight. Her barely five-foot frame slid off the dragon near the tyrunt and its trainer. “Hey Derrick! How’s it goin’?”

Her grin was bright like sunshine.
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Feb 21, 2021 9:13:09 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","flynn"]

It's good to see you" Derrick greeted Utah with a bright grin and wave. It had been awhile since she had went to basic training for the military. Derrick wasn't fully involved with the league, he just offered them assistance every now and then knowing that they were short staffed. Giving a glance over towards the dragonite, Derrick lightly whistled impressed that she flew on such a pokemon - he could never fly as he carried an irrational fear.
[break][break]
Maybe it was because she went through intensive training, Utah seemed different. A lot more confident but still bright as ever. "It's going good how was boot camp?" Derrick casually asked looking towards the tyrunt sternly to warn the pokemon not to act foolish. He figured that it would be good to let her know the situation in advance, though the league already filled her in. "The pokemon are kind of aggressive, I helped some trainer who was getting attacked by a golbat a little earlier. " Chuckling lightly as he told the story, it wasn't very nice to laugh at another persons plight but he couldn't help it.
[break][break]
"You also hoping to snag a megastone?"

+ @utah

[newclass=.flynn .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.flynn .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Feb 24, 2021 4:03:28 GMT
Deleted Avatar

@derrick
MISSION: WE REQUIRE MORE MINERALS

Goggles were pulled down off of her eyes to rest around her neck, and a hand went up to smooth over the skin of her dragonite. Its muscles twitched sort of uncomfortably under her palm and her smile wavered for only a moment. They weren’t used to one another yet.

“Yeah, you too!”

Her smile returned almost immediately, and she returned the dragonite, snapping the ball back in place on her utility belt. “It was somethin’. I’m definitely in shape!” She flexed an arm at him jokingly to prove it with a giggle.

When they got down to business, her eyes narrowed a bit and she nodded too enthusiastically, hand already lingering near her pokeballs at the mention of danger. Utah was a trigger-happy greenhorn, and Derrick was in for a wild ride. “We can take ‘em.”

And though she be but little, she be fiercely ready to fuck a golbat up.

“Oh, a mega stone would be sick!

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Feb 25, 2021 7:37:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","flynn"]

Before Utah had the dragonite returned into the pokeball, he did take notice that the two didn't seem used each others presence. "I take it that he's a new recruit?" Casually asking a smile was worn, Derrick's brown eyes flickered down towards the tyrunt who had been busy trying to eat his own tail. "This lil man is pretty new to.. been trying to make him lose the temper.." He uttered with a sigh of defeat, it hadn't been going very well. Finding Utah's confidence refreshing as always he nodded feeling even encouraged. "Hell yeah we can" It was slightly over confident, but he doubted that anything truly dangerous would show up.
[break][break]
"I recently got a megastone, though I haven't gotten a chance to use it" He didn't know who to mega evolve, Derrick was way to indecisive.

+ @utah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Mar 5, 2021 23:21:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar

@derrick

“Yup! Haven’t even named him, yet. We’re still uh… workin’ on things.” Utah had no idea what she was doing, but damn it, the girl was trying. She’d get there.

Instead, she released a Sawsbuck. Its seasonal pink flowers blossomed on majestic antlers, signaling spring. It eyed the self-consuming Tyrunt and other trainer with docile eyes. “This is Blériot.” An affectionate hand felt through the fur on the pokemon’s neck in greeting.

Utah’s eyebrows raised excitedly. “Oooh, that’s so cool! Where’d you find it?”

She didn’t move towards the mouth of the cave, expecting that Derrick would lead the way.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Mar 10, 2021 11:29:53 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","flynn"]

Tilting his head curiously, Derrick wondered how many new additions Utah had ever since their last meeting. Thinking about his own team, he recently acquired a lot of new pokemon he now considered family. A bright ended expression upon seeing the sawbuck emerge from the poke ball, he had always secretly admired them, it was amazing to see how they would change with the seasons. “Bleriot?” Derrick scrunched his eyebrows repeating the name, the pronunciation was way off but it had a nice ring to it. “Well he’s very pretty, I’ll give him that.” Derrick as well gave the buck a small stroke, finding that the Pokémon’s fur was a lot more softer then he expected, it was pleasing to touch.
[break][break]
Oh, it was given to me for payment.” He handed the small stone over towards Utah if she wished to get a closer look, he wasn’t very interested in it but knew it’d be a waste to not use it. Seeing how she was waiting for him to lead the way, Derrick’s cheeks flushed slightly he was a little excited talking with her that he completely forgot. A gentle clearing of his throat he walked forward leading them into the cave. “I doubt anything to crazy will happen, but if it does.. i have full confidence that we’d be able to solve it.” Derrick gave Utah a small playful nudge against her shoulder as he walked forward.

+ @utah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 4:58:49 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick

At the inquisitiveness of Derrick’s echo, Utah explained, “Yeah! He’s named after a Kalosian aviator who designed planes.” If there was any topic Utah could get nerdy on, it was this. She was also a fair bit of a history buff. She was chipper in the way she delivered her trivia. “Invented headlights too.” 'Deer in the headlights.' She thought that was funny, although the joke was a stretch. 

The Sawsbuck was too aloof to acknowledge the compliment, but Utah took it. “Sawsbuck are such graceful pokémon.” A hand lingered on hers and she snorted. “Mystery why one would choose me.”

Utah wasn’t expecting the nudge, and smirked a bit, wondering about any underlying flirtatiousness—whether it was there or not. She followed after, the Sawsbuck going along with them into the cave. Sounds reverberated far past its mouth, somewhere in the belly of darkness. Pokémon, maybe?

“Do you hear that?” Utah reached into the pocket of her cargo pants for a thin flashlight, shining it out ahead of them to catch whatever might have been up ahead.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Mar 11, 2021 8:55:06 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","flynn"]

I had no clue, he sounds like a pretty cool guy.” Derrick responded, interested in learning more about him - the one field of education that he was interested in was engineering. He gave a small nod as she mentioned that headlights were also invented by him. Guess one could say it was his biggest goal in life, and he wanted to do all he can to make it happen. Though he wasn’t really sure what would occur if he did achieve it, would he feel fulfilled or happy? In the moment it was a question he couldn’t answer.
[break][break]
Maybe it saw something in you” There was sincerity tied with his words, and he glimpsed back at the pokemon. A small smile returning, Derrick realized that he may have been a little over friendly, this was only their second meeting and the first one was rather strange too he didn’t want to start any misunderstanding. “Ah - sorry, I was a little eager.” He rubbed his head with an arm, looking towards where Utah had pointed her flashlight.
[break][break]
Thanks to it he was able to catch a glimpse of a Crobat, the pokemon rapidly flapping it’s wings - glaring down at Utah and Derrick angrily. The pokemon would release a high pitched screech that ringed Derrick’s ears due to it’s frequency. Wincing at the sound Derrick clasped his ears with his hands, “Man Crobats are a lot more difficult to handle compared to a zubat..” He’d complain, only to be surprised with his tyrunt leaped into action by attacking the crobat.

+ @utah

[break]
Derrick got a random face swap.. xD

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Mar 16, 2021 4:55:02 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick

Saw something in her. She supposed that was a nice thought. Utah, being the small-town, honest-working girl typically toiling away in a garage from sunup to sunset, had rarely thought of herself as exceptional. Her determination and courage had set her apart in training, however. The young woman was really beginning to come into and realize her power. Perhaps there was something to have been seen.

The sound of the Crobat ahead became more obvious within moments of her question. Its beady eyes were lit up in the dark, reflecting ominously at them as it gave a loud, irate SCREECH. Yikes. That looks angry.”

Utah jumped to action, fearlessly as the bat flapped towards them quickly, but it was attacked by the Tyrogue and went flying back a bit. “Blériot, help them out!”

The Sawsbuck lunged into action without another moment spared, its hooves clopping and kicking up dust on cold cave floor. A bright light filled the area for a moment—revealing and disturbing even more Crobats as the ENERGY BALL was sent into the attacking foe. “Oh, shit.”

“Looks like there’s a lot more than we thought! You ready?” Utah tossed a couple more pokéballs to the air, red beams shooting from the capsules. “Come on guys! Let’s take ‘em out!”

Jax the Boltund looked at Derrick and barked a greeting, seeming to grin with his tongue lolling out of his mouth before he headed into battle, sparks flying from him as he leapt up to BITE an oncoming bat. Mirage the Maractus made an offensive move as well, her thorns suddenly shooting from her green body as she launched PIN MISSILE at another.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Mar 20, 2021 1:15:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","flynn"]

"Yikes!" Derrick cried out swiftly ducking his head as an angry crobat flew towards him. Rawrz clawed at the caves ground emitting a low growl rearing to go back into battle. "Ancient Power!" With levitating rocks Rawrz aimed them at the hoard of crobat, managing to hit some of them. The ones affected by the attack became fearful as there were now four pokemon showing no signs of backing down.
[break][break]
"I am ready, we can easily handle this!" Derrick said with a grin, even though he had been slightly intimidated by the number of crobats there had been, hopefully this would be their biggest obstacle today. His grin widened upon seeing Jax, watching the boltund eagerly obey Utah's command, it seemed like he may have calmed down since he last saw him.
[break][break]
"Tackle!"

+ @utah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
Sparkling Gems
POSTED ON Apr 2, 2021 21:11:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar
@derrick

The unexpected glow of ANCIENT POWER and the levitating rocks drew a surprised grin from the aqua-haired woman. Several targets were removed. “Nice!” she barked brightly.

As thorns impaled themselves into a few of the bats, the Maractus went to deliver a fierce SUCKER PUNCH to the closest one. Jax joined in with a PLAY ROUGH, throwing himself to the fray, obscured by the dust swept up by frantic wings. Triumphant barks could be heard over the sounds of chaos.

Blériot kept on an outlier, standing between it and his trainer. Iridescent green swirled in an ENERGY BALL before blossoming antlers. The opponent headed towards them with a MEAN LOOK, and Utah took a step back from it but couldn’t look away. “Now!”

As the foe came in for a CROSS POISON, its slices were blown back by the impact of a well-timed counter. The bat tumbled in reverse, and Utah took the opportunity to look over at Derrick. “How ya doin’ over there?”