plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
i know i don't belong [social]
POSTED ON Feb 28, 2021 0:58:41 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"Fish! Fresh caught 'n' local! Magikarp, Barboach, Basculin! Cheap 'n' tasty! Plank shouts into the bustling fish market, pushing to make her voice heard over the other stalls around her.

Her own stall is modest, constructed solidly but not specially. There are no decorations or flourishes to make it stand out beyond a handwritten sign on a plank of wood and a few repurposed red curtains. In coolers full of ice the advertised merchandise lays limp. Clean, still smelling of the sea.

"Fresh caught! Cheap 'n' tasty!" Jack, her Chatot, lends his voice to the effort and layers it over top of hers.

It's okay if most people walk by. She's just one girl doing her best, there's not a massive stock to sell; but she does need to sell. Rent doesn't pay itself.

@aoi

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.spiral b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 2, 2021 7:33:12 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aoibody"]
[attr="class","aoiheader"]
[attr="class","aoipost"]

Today, Aoi was herself, or as close to it as she could get these days. She strutted down the plank sidewalks of Pacifdilog Town with purpose. The mirrored pair of Gengar and Celfable trailing along behind her. Both had shopping bags filled with an assortment of fresh food on their arms.

Aoi had been running low on groceries, a particular dragon of hers having devoured most of what she'd had. She'd been all over the region in her effort to stock back up. Pacifdilog was the last stop on her list. While she could get fish anywhere in Hoenn. Pacifdilog was the best place for it from what she'd learned.

She'd been here several times before, but today was different. Today, she heard a familiar voice. "Captian Plank, is that you?" the actress called out, waving as she approached the girl's stall. "So this is what you do during the day." she smiled wide.

"You do remember me, yes? From our little adventure together?"
NOTES: Aoi, pretending like they didn't part on bad terms.

TAG:
[attr="class","aoibottom"]
[newclass=.aoiheader]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/1K8RLN4/Dante.png);width:525px;height:100px;font-size:45px;margin-bottom:10px;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-30px;border-bottom: 2px #925c8c solid;[/newclass][newclass=.aoiheader div]background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #5543b1, #934A98); /* For Chrome and Safari */ background-image: linear-gradient(to right, #5543b1, #934A98); /* Standard syntax; must be last */ -webkit-background-clip: text;background-clip: text;color: transparent;width:500px;padding:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.aoibody]background-color:#333333;border:2px solid #222;border-top:none;border-bottom:none;width:465px;padding:30px;[/newclass][newclass=.aoibody h1]color:#7a7a7a;margin:15px 0px 5px 25px;padding: 0px 20px;width:300px;word-spacing:3px;border-left: solid 1px #925c8c;border-right: solid 1px #925c8c;[/newclass][newclass=.aoibody table b]color:#925c8c;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:14px;font-family:monospace;[/newclass][newclass=.aoibottom]width:527px;height:25px;background-color:#925c8c;[/newclass][newclass=.aoipost]text-align:justify;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:1px;padding:35px;color:#E7EFE8;background-color:#333333;line-height:15px;clear:right;[/newclass][newclass=.aoipost b]color:#925c8c[/newclass][newclass=.aoipost::-webkit-scrollbar]width:2px;[/newclass][newclass=.aoipost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#000;border:2px solid #925c8c;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 3, 2021 21:18:32 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]The call of 'Captain Plank' pulls her attention as quick as anything. Not a whole lot of people who call her that. A few market regulars, the old couple that lives downstairs, and a couple relative strangers. That last group is the reason for her attention. It's about a 50/50 toss up she's happy to see any of them.

That coin toss does not fall in Plank's favor today. The sight of Ozaki walking up to her stall twists her face into an ornery sneer.

"How could I forget," she practically spits, "Not often ya meet someone as bad at what they do. I'm shocked ya walked away from that 'adventure' with all your parts where they belong."

She crosses her arms and lifts her shoulders up to tickle the bottoms of her ears. Tilts her head a little.

"What the fuck do ya want?"

"The fuck do ya want?" Jack echoes, eyes narrowed.

@aoi

[newclass=.spiral]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 3:38:17 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aoibody"]
[attr="class","aoipost"]

The girl's insults hardly phase her. They're far from the worst thing Aoi's heard about herself. Still, she can't help but roll her eyes at Plank's attitude. She's sure the redhead thinks she's tough by brushing her off. But Aoi only sees it as a child attempting to be an adult. It makes it hard to treat her with any amount of seriousness.

"I'm glad I left an impression." she says softly, "Although, I think your memory might be a little fuzzy." the smile on Aoi's face is so wide her eyes close. "Because I did my job perfectly." but of course Plank wouldn't see it that way. She didn't even know what Aoi's job really was.

Maybe Aoi should show her?

Purple eyes travel to the fish Plank had lining the edges of her stall. "Nothing. I was just out shopping for groceries when I noticed you. I thought I stop and say hello." Aoi turned her attention to Plank.

"You know, you'd sell more fish if you were a bit friendly." she said plainly.

"Maybe relax a bit too. You don't exactly give off a very approachable air." the actress mimicked the expression on Plank's face. "Does this look like someone you wanna buy fish from?" she didn't hold the expression for long. The smile she'd been wearing returning to her face.

"I can help if you'd like? You might not like, but I'm quite the people person."
NOTES: Aoi, pretending like they didn't part on bad terms.

TAG:
[newclass=.aoiheader]background-image:url(https://i.ibb.co/1K8RLN4/Dante.png);width:525px;height:100px;font-size:45px;margin-bottom:10px;margin-left:-30px;margin-top:-30px;border-bottom: 2px #925c8c solid;[/newclass][newclass=.aoiheader div]background-image: -webkit-linear-gradient(left, #5543b1, #934A98); /* For Chrome and Safari */ background-image: linear-gradient(to right, #5543b1, #934A98); /* Standard syntax; must be last */ -webkit-background-clip: text;background-clip: text;color: transparent;width:500px;padding:5px;[/newclass][newclass=.aoibody]background-color:#333333;border:2px solid #222;border-top:none;border-bottom:none;width:465px;padding:30px;[/newclass][newclass=.aoibody h1]color:#7a7a7a;margin:15px 0px 5px 25px;padding: 0px 20px;width:300px;word-spacing:3px;border-left: solid 1px #925c8c;border-right: solid 1px #925c8c;[/newclass][newclass=.aoibody table b]color:#925c8c;text-transform:uppercase;font-size:14px;font-family:monospace;[/newclass][newclass=.aoibottom]width:527px;height:25px;background-color:#925c8c;[/newclass][newclass=.aoipost]text-align:justify;font-family:Times New Roman;font-size:12px;letter-spacing:1px;padding:35px;color:#E7EFE8;background-color:#333333;line-height:15px;clear:right;[/newclass][newclass=.aoipost b]color:#925c8c[/newclass][newclass=.aoipost::-webkit-scrollbar]width:2px;[/newclass][newclass=.aoipost::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]background:#000;border:2px solid #925c8c;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 8, 2021 6:03:18 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]"My mistake, I'll make sure t' tell the next cashier that keeps my change they're doin' god's work," Plank scoffs. Whether she got caught or not, stealing cargo is bad for business. You can only get away with it for so long before you get caught; and you don't want to get caught.

The fact that Ozaki thinks that job went "perfectly", as far as Plank is concerned, is only more proof that she's an idiot. More reason for her to grimace and groan in her presence.

The hit at her salesmanship doesn't exactly engender any change in Plank's attitude. Her tongue catches her top teeth. She gives a short "tsk" before responding.

"Ya considered I'm fine with bein' friendly when I've got decent folk at my stall?" she questions.

Jack murmurs some echo of 'decent folk' before clucking his tongue against his beak. It's hard for Plank to fight a smile, but she succeeds. Though she can't help uncrossing one arm to ruffle his feathers a little.

"In fact, if ya asked around ya'd find most of the people here think I'm downright delightful," she continues, isn't even lying for once, "But if ya want t' take over the stall so I can sit for a bit, just t' make up for ruinin' my night job, I won't complain. Or ya could buy up some of my stock, sooner it's gone the sooner I get t' go home."

Plank tilts her head for a moment, thinking. Jack bites at her hand when her fingers go still.

"Or both, both would be even better."

@aoi

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 4:14:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","aoibody"]
[attr="class","aoipost"]

"Are you familiar with the phrase no honor among thieves?" it was a fairly common saying. Surely the girl must have heard it at least once in her life. "We're criminals, Plank. Liars and cheats. A majority of our colleagues are only out for themselves." she added.

The topic forced distant memories to the front of Aoi's mind. It caught her off guard, dulling her smile. A subtle somberness filled Aoi's chipper tone as she continued to speak. "Honestly, most people are." the weight in her voice was heavier than Aoi liked. Quickly, she dialed back the bits of herself seeping out into the open.

"All I'm saying is that I'm not the only one in our profession to have a Pokemon go missing." Aoi shrugged. "I doubt I'll be the last, either."

Aoi's face tightened, her nose scrunching and brow furrowing in a show of feigned offense. "Hey! How rude of you, Captain. I'm a decent person, better than most." she deliberately made the anger in her voice as fake as possible. Not that it was necessary. Plank's claim of being delightful makes her drop the act altogether.

"Really, you? Delightful?" the actress can't help but giggle. "All you've done is brood since I've met you." and be rude. Honestly, if Aoi hadn't seen Plank smile already, she'd have that thought the lass incapable. That did give her an idea, however.

The actress grinned playfully, clicking her tongue and shaking her head. "Oh no! I said I'd help, not do all the work for you. I'm extra curious to see this charm you claim to have." still grinning, Aoi reached into her back pocket for her wallet. She pulled out a stack of bills and showed them to Plank.

"How about a little wager, Captain? I bet you two hundred and fifty Poke that I can sell more fish than you."
NOTES: Sorry again for the wait.

TAG:
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Mar 24, 2021 8:47:20 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","spiral"]Plank clicks her tongue at Ozaki's words and quickly scans the space around them for faces. Anyone listening in, anyone who might be in listening range in short order. For fuck's sake they're out in the middle of the damn town.

"Yeah, but no honor among thieves doesn't mean ya go scrapin' off the top whenever it pleases ya," Plank replies in a harsh whisper, leaning in towards the other woman "and if you're out for yourself ya don't go riskin' your skin for some whimperin' pokemon."

With a sigh she straightens back up.

"I won't argue with ya about the way most people work, though. Doesn't mean I have t' put up with it when it fucks with me lookin out for me," she says simply, at a normal volume. Jack hops about a bit beneath her and then nods a couple times. Whether it's in agreement or just because the need to fidget struck him, it's hard to say.

Plank gets through most of the rest of what Ozaki has to say through a mix of eye rolls and scoffs. The woman made herself a thorn in her side for one night and suddenly knows how the whole world views her, priceless. And calls herself "decent" after just going off about how she's just as bad as the rest of their gang? All the better.

It's not until they reach this idea of a wager that Plank speaks up again.

"Listen. Ya can help me sell my shit, ya can watch me work, or ya can buy my shit 'n' leave; but I'm not makin' some stupid fuckin' bet like that," Plank says, rolling her eyes one more time for good measure, "It's pointless, 'n' I don't have the money for it besides."

@aoi

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 20:12:55 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]
@aoi