Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Anger & Anguish [S/Noah]
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 6:19:24 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah snorts and shakes his head. "you're not wasting my time for anything, man. don't even worry about it."

his hand travels over to doug's hair. doesn't matter if it's sweaty or messy, he tousles it further before smacking doug on the arm. the image may have been an endearing shot of film, pulled from a gray old mentor to pupil movie, if it were not for the reversed height difference. noah may have had to stand on his toes.

"let's be real, man. if rocket comes knocking at our door, you'll take them down easy." noah says. "you've grown so much, y'know?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Anger & Anguish [S/Noah]
POSTED ON Apr 26, 2021 21:29:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar
Doug managed a slight smile. Noah wasn't one to lie- it made those words easy to accept and cherish.

His smile grew broader when the man tussled his hair, making it an even bigger mess. Was this how it felt for ? Perhaps it was no wonder the kid never protested. There was something to the gesture that felt comforting- and nostalgic.

The hit to the arm was all Noah, though.

"Ywouch." The youth said with a chuckle and a small grin, making a show of rubbing his arm.

Noah's next words, however, did not have as positive an effect. Doug's smile didn't quite topple over so much as tremble, his brow softening.

"It's all puberty." He said after a moment with a forced laugh, though it died down quick. "... Ya really think so?"

He didn't doubt Noah meant his words, but he couldn't take them at face value without laughing at the thought. The entirety of Kanto had fallen to Rocket; The army, the Gym Leaders, the Elite Four, the Champion...

Did he really stand a chance, just because he had been training? Hadn't they all trained and still failed?

"... Have ya ever fought Rocket, Noah?" The youth asked; maybe he could take a sip from the gym leader's fountain of confidence if he heard of the man's own experiences...

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Anger & Anguish [S/Noah]
POSTED ON May 2, 2021 7:44:45 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 noah watches intently. it takes time for the proper breath to take. between all things, transitions both conspicuous and invisible play out like a long musical rest.

"you'd never waste my time, man." noah says. "your growth is wild. battling, health, everything, dude. gotta tell that to yourself too."

he grins loudly: an amplified mirror of doug's own.

"anyway, you punch the shit out of this thing anytime you want. i do it too, y'know? when the past catches up with me."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,864 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Anger & Anguish [S/Noah]
POSTED ON May 8, 2021 15:56:14 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

When the past caught up to him. Like it had Doug.

What past was that, Doug wondered as he looked at Noah's grinning countenance.

He didn't really know much of anything of the man before him. A master of Martial Arts and hand to hand combat, as well as an excellent trainer and Hoenn's leading Fighting Type Expert. A man of exceedingly good humor and temperament; a great mentor who could transform a flailing stick like him into something resembling a fighter in a matter of months.

This was all Doug knew of .

All qualities that anyone could find on the surface simply by interacting with the man for a while; they hardly told a full story.

How many of his friendships were like this...?

A lot.

Everything he knew about Hideo came as a consequence of the job. He didn't really know anything about Zac, or Andy, or Angelo; he was falling for Chryssa, but what did he really know about her, beyond the observable? Had he ever asked anything?

And there were many, many other 'friends' of whom he knew little about.

His mouth opened to speak, suddenly filled with the need to know more- about Noah, about Hideo, about Chryssa, Angelo, Andy, Zac-

But then his mouth clamped shut, instantly realizing why it was he knew nothing of his friends.

He didn't want to share anything real about himself; so he didn't ask for anything in return.

Yet he kept wanting for meaningful companionship.

The youth's gaze fell to the floor.

"... Thanks, Noah." He said, forcing a grin. "I will."

He couldn't look the man straight in the eye for long, his gaze dragging away towards the open windows of the Gymnasium and looking out into the encroaching darkness of the night.

"It's, uh... getting late." He said, taking a few steps back, moving towards a nearby bench. A dark suit jacket had been thrown atop it hazaphardly.

The young man hadn't even gone home to change out of his work suit before coming to wail on the sandbag following the conference.

"I'll see you tomorrow, same as always okay?" He said, swinging the jacket atop his shoulders, eager to run away.

close tab

played by

shiv

the machampion
he/him
July 17
Kanto
pansexual
gym leader
gym leader
kyle lopez
married
5'7" height
5'7" height
awards
1,515 posts
noah faber DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @noah
noah faber
Anger & Anguish [S/Noah]
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 5:24:51 GMT
noah faber Avatar
 only when doug mentions the passage of time does noah feel the quiet din of the gym. in this secluded space, words fall heavy and soft.

"yeah, you're right." noah says, "give me a call if you need anything, alright? take care buddy."

doug departs and he plucks a sigh from his lungs. despite how hard he pushes his sneakers into the still gym floor, noah feels the earth shift beneath him. uncertainty emerges from faultlines like volcanic smoke.

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,720 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
Anger & Anguish [S/Noah]
POSTED ON May 18, 2021 4:44:00 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: