fishbait [m/c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fishbait [m/c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 1:48:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces][googlefont=Open+Sans:400,700,700i|Oswald:300,600]

[attr=class,punkianger-riv]
[attr=class,absolute-holder]
[attr=class,image-back accentbg]

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
oldale town

[attr=class,lyric1]
a little less conversation and a little

[attr=class,lyric2]
more touch my body

[attr=class,bulk]
"God.. I fucking hate Sootopolis."[break][break]

River's pinched expression squints up at the gigantic formation of rock that made up the city's center. It had been bolstered before the war, and whether or not it was in need of repair was beyond him. From his point of view, it was still a glorified hunk of scuffed up rock painted to look like a crown jewel.[break][break]

"Tch.."[break][break]

With a grunt, the man throws a flattened stone across the surface of the water. In his moment of clouded judgement and frustration, he doesn't see his own Pokemon in time to warn them. Water splashes and the stone pings off the side of the blue Cramorant. It gags, startled, and spits up what appears to be.. a Raichu? [break][break]

"Would you stop swallowing Raichu? He doesn't like that"[break][break]

River hesitates, a squeak coming out of his throat when the rock he'd thrown floats to the surface and then above the water. Droplets splash back against the surface as if the rock is shaking, and the purple haze that bursts out of it prompts a gasp.[break][break]

"What the--"[break][break]

[break]

notes: something fishy - mission

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

[attr=class,punkianger-rivcredit]
punki

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .accentbg"]background: #000000;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .accentborder"]border-color: #000000;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a, .punkianger-riv .bulk b, .punkianger-riv .bulk i, .punkianger-rivcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/3h53g8G/river-post2.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #323232; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a:hover"]color: #fff;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .bulk i"]font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rivcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rivcredit a"]font: inherit;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Banished

Luke
He/Him/His
June 6th
Phenac City, Orre
Demisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucas
Lucas LeBlanc
fishbait [m/c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 18:23:01 GMT
Lucas LeBlanc Avatar

Lucas shuddered slightly as he lowered himself into the waters of Sootopolis City, expecting them to be cold this time of year but not exactly able to prepare himself for it. After all, he’d only been wearing a set of swim trunks for this investigation, not particularly keen on getting his clothes wet if avoidable. “Dart?” Lucas called to his Pokémon, watching as the Remoraid dipped their head above the water nearby, spitting a playful stream of water into the air before turning to their trainer. “Glad you’re having fun.” He said with a small smile, having to remind himself that Dart hadn’t been in a large body of water like this in months. “Let’s have a look around.”

Reports coming out of Sootopolis mentioned the presence of an entity in the body of water that was causing a disturbance among both citizens and the local Pokémon ecosystem. Naturally, the Rangers had taken an interest in the situation, and Lucas had volunteered his services to travel to the city nestled in a crater. “Going down.” Lucas informed Dart, receiving a small wag in return from the Remoraid before diving under the water with him. Around Sootopolis the water was rather clear, allowing them both to see a good distance down once they were under the threshold. Strangely enough, nothing seemed amiss in the murky depths aside from the naturally existing Pokémon. Bursting back through the surface of the water, Lucas quickly realized why there was a lack of activity below. Across the way from where he'd been floating, stood the origin of this investigation and the cause of the disturbances.

A hulking form approached it's prey from behind, having strode onto land soundlessly despite it's massive form. Where he'd one spotted a light-haired male and his Pokémon enjoying the day, now had become the intended hunting grounds of this Feraligatr. A low hiss escaped from the maw of the Pokémon before building up to a deep bellow, to announce it's presence. Lucas knew something wasn't right with this Feraligatr immediately, having seen this aggression in Pokémon before and knowing exactly what it meant. "Look out!" Lucas yelled across the stretch of water, hoping to get their attention.

“Damn it. Dart, lets go!” Lucas gripped onto the edge of the dock and pulled himself up onto land, rationalizing that it would be faster to simply close the gap on land, meanwhile Dart would propel himself through the water towards the threat. “I’m here to help!” He called out towards the stranger as he arrived, hoping it wasn’t too late.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fishbait [m/c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 20:13:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
oldale town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
more touch my body

[attr=class,bulk]
Unbeknownst to him, something far more sinister than the disgruntled Spiritomb he'd hucked into the water was bubbling to the surface. River winces as the ghost-type Pokemon gives him the stare, removing itself back onto the shore to air-dry. Raichu, still irritated by being swallowed and then spit up, shakes itself off on the rocky landing as well.[break][break]

This leaves just River and the Cramorant in the water. Which means that the incoming feral Feraligatr had two targets to choose from, and the pale, skinny boy was by far the easier target. He did not have wings after all, and the Cramorant saw the wild Pokemon coming and immediately flew away. [break][break]

'Look out!'[break][break]

The warning comes a little bit too late, as it seems that the Feraligatr had already pulled itself onto the rocky bank. Water leaves a damp ring around him as he drip-dries, and it sprays from his jaws when he ultimately bellows in River's ear. The man glances over his shoulder too quickly, tweaking a muscle in his neck as a result. [break][break]

"Gahhh! My neck seized! Damn it, what the hell is goin' on? Who's Pokemon is this?"[break][break]

With one hand clapped to his sore neck, River scrambles to the side. However, caught between a rock and a bad place, the only real option is to go further into the water. Neither option seems reasonable.[break][break]

The stranger from earlier calling out to him to 'look out' arrives just in time to stand there, half naked, and inform that he was here to help. River does a double take, now stuck between the Feraligatr, the water, and a handsome man.[break][break]

"Pull me out!"[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a, .punkianger-riv .bulk b, .punkianger-riv .bulk i, .punkianger-rivcredit a"]color: #716075;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/3h53g8G/river-post2.png');[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv"]width: 500px; min-height: 100px; padding-top: 300px; background: #323232; margin: auto; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 1px rgba(100,100,100,0.6));[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .absolute-holder"]position: absolute; overflow: hidden; margin-top: -300px; width: 500px; height: 300px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image-back"]position: absolute; width: 170px; height: 300px; opacity: 0.8; border-left: 330px solid #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image-back div"]position: absolute; left: 3px; width: 5px; height: inherit; background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image"]position: absolute; width: inherit; height: inherit; mix-blend-mode: lighten;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .line1"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(15deg); top: 105px; left: -30px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .line2"]position: absolute; width: 600px; height: 1px; background: #999999; transform: rotate(-75deg); top: 50px; left: -150px; mix-blend-mode: overlay;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .wordcount"]position: absolute; background: rgba(113,96,117,0.8); bottom: 100px; left: 40px; color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 9px; line-height: 9px; padding: 6px 8px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric1"]position: absolute; bottom: 80px; left: 43px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); color: #fff; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px; font-weight: bold;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric2"]position: absolute; bottom: 40px; left: 40px; filter: drop-shadow(0 0 2px rgba(0,0,0,0.4)); font-family: 'Oswald'; color: #fff; font-size: 40px; line-height: 40px; text-transform: uppercase; font-weight: 300; word-spacing: -8px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .lyric2 b"]font-weight: 600; mix-blend-mode: overlay; position: absolute; white-space: nowrap;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline"]float: left; margin-top: -6px; margin-left: -40px; margin-right: 10px; background: #716075; font-family: 'Open Sans'; color: #999999; font-size: 10px; line-height: 10px; padding: 9px 11px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 2px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .tagline a"]font: inherit; text-decoration: none; filter: brightness(120%); font-weight: bold; transition: all 0.3s ease;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .bulk"]padding: 30px 40px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 16px; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9); text-align: justify;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .ooc-notes"]padding: 6px 40px; background: #272727; min-height: 31px; font-family: 'Open Sans'; font-size: 8px; line-height: 31px; text-align: justified; color: rgba(9,9,9,9,9,9);[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-rivcredit"]width: 500px; margin: auto; text-align: right; font-family: 'Oswald'; font-size: 11px; line-height: 20px; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Banished

Luke
He/Him/His
June 6th
Phenac City, Orre
Demisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucas
Lucas LeBlanc
fishbait [m/c]
POSTED ON Mar 26, 2021 22:53:49 GMT
Lucas LeBlanc Avatar

“Serge, you’re up!” Lucas reached into the bag he’d scooped up from the dock and produced a Pokeball before tossing it directly between the Feraligatr and the stranger, a Mareep appearing before them in a flash of light. “Buy us some time!” Serge nodded, the fleece on its body becoming charged with static electricity before unleashing a Thunder Wave on the attacking Pokémon. Feraligatr convulsed helplessly as the electricity coursed through their body, paralyzed and unable to move for a short time. “Dart, we need some space.” Lucas’ Remoraid popped it’s head out of the water once again, unleashing the multicolored ray of an Aurora Beam from his mouth to slam directly into the chest of the Feraligatr. The force of the beam was enough to push the incapacitated Pokemon backwards onto the ground, ice beginning to form over its scales and prolonging the daze that it found itself in.

“Take my hand.” Lucas knelt down and held out a hand towards the stranger, drops water still beading off his body and reflecting sunlight. It was obvious that the Ranger was far more preoccupied with the safety of the stranger than his own appearance, at the very least. “That Pokémon doesn’t belong to anyone, I believe it’s a Shadow Pokémon.” Lucas knew that there were rogue Shadows spread across Hoenn, created from when Nihilego once roamed the region, he just didn’t think that one would be found in the waters around Sootopolis. “It’s dangerous, aggressive and will attack both humans and Pokémon. We need to be careful, and subdue it.” Lucas looked over at the stranger, noticing their own Pokémon nearby. "If you don’t mind helping.”

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fishbait [m/c]
POSTED ON Mar 27, 2021 17:06:48 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
oldale town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
more touch my body

[attr=class,bulk]
"Don't mind if I do-- aagh!"[break][break]

River's eyes widen in horror as electricity from his Raichu's toe-step into the water startles him. He tightens his grip on the strangers hand. Any and all attempts to enjoy the view are dashed upon the realization that this was far more dangerous than a simple wild Pokemon issue. [break][break]

"Shadow Pokemon? What the--"[break][break]

Of course he'd heard of them, but as far as he was concerned, Rocket had them under control. Not that he was at any privilege to say anything, but.. [break][break]

The young man pulls himself up and out of the water, trousers stuck to his legs like glue. He doesn't appear to let go of Lucas' hand though, at least not yet. Winded, overwhelmed, and unwilling to let go of such eye-candy, he holds fast.[break][break]

"Helping? Do I look like--"[break][break]

But Raichu is already on the case. With his tail stuck in the water, he fires off an electrical surge of energy, a thunderbolt blasting from the tip of his tail and super-charging the water. It grabs hold of nearly everyone in its path, even River on the banks dripping wet.[break][break]

"Oh, fuck."[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

close tab

played by

Banished

Luke
He/Him/His
June 6th
Phenac City, Orre
Demisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucas
Lucas LeBlanc
fishbait [m/c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 4:05:23 GMT
Lucas LeBlanc Avatar

Mareep was alerted to the crackling of electricity from Raichu before Lucas and River, letting out a bleat of warning so that they could get clear. Lucas wasted no time leaping into acting, wrapping an arm around River and diving away from the surging current before either of them were shocked. “Hngg…” Lucas had positioned himself so that he’d be the one to slam into the pavement, acting as a cushion for River to land safely on top of him. “...uhm.” Normally he wasn’t one to have his mind wander to indecent thoughts, but even Lucas had to admit the situation they found themselves in was compromising, enough to lend crimson to his cheeks.

GRRAAAAAAHHHHH!

There wasn’t time to dwell on these thoughts towards the admittedly attractive male as the Feraligatr bellowed with rage, breaking free of the paralysis that kept them pacified for the time being. “You don’t have to help, but you should stay clear if you don’t want to get hurt.” Lucas released his grip on River and slid out from underneath him, reaching for his backpack to pull free another Pokeball from his belongings. “Serge and Dart, keep up the attack!” Between the attacks from Dart and Raichu, the Feraligatr was beginning to look hurt, but this battle was far from over and they’d need to be careful now that it could retaliate.

With no one in the immediate area, Serge unleashed a powerful Discharge of electricity from his body, catching the Feraligatr within and forcing out another pained bellow. Dart followed up the attack by shooting a stream of Bullet Seed from his mouth, pinging off the scaly hide of the Pokémon but providing a sufficient enough distraction for Lucas’ third Pokémon to make their move. “Vulcan, now!” Lucas called out to his Slugma, watching as a haze of purple Smog streamed from his mouth to surround the Feraligatr in the poisonous cloud. There was a moment in time when it seemed as though the fight may have been over, nothing stirring from within. Then…

A hyper beam ripped through the cloud with a mighty roar, sweeping across the battlefield before the Feraligatr to take out not only Serge but Dart in the water as well. With the strongest of his two Pokémon currently unconscious, Lucas was at a loss. He’d never fought a Pokémon this strong before, and he was beginning to feel like any plan he could come up with now would only make things worse. “Damn it…” The Feraligatr stomped towards Lucas with enraged eyes, energy beginning to build up in its claw before raising it upwards as though it was about to strike at the Ranger directly.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fishbait [m/c]
POSTED ON Mar 29, 2021 18:26:11 GMT
Deleted Avatar

[attr=class,image]

[attr=class,line1]

[attr=class,line2]

[attr=class,wordcount]
oldale town

[attr=class,lyric1]

[attr=class,lyric2]
more touch my body

[attr=class,bulk]
"OOHMPH."[break][break]

The wind is successfully flushed from his system as he's pulled suddenly out of the water. His elbow jabs something softer than the pavement and he squirms just as the grunt from below and the flushed face of the man beneath him come into focus.[break][break]

Rather than share in the guy's embarrassment given their precarious positioning, River is slightly shoved off to the side too quickly to properly react. The stranger is already back on his feet and River attempts to do the same, brushing grit from his damp trunks with a pinched look of disgust.[break][break]

"Guy, I'd love to steer clear, but it seems that that just ain't happening."[break][break]

Just as he announces his sarcasm, Raichu is blasted out of the water alongside the rangers Mareep and Remoraid by the SMOG-covered HYPER BEAM.[break][break]

Panic grips the man's chest as, for a moment, his life flashes before his eyes. [break][break]
"I'm too young to die."[break][break]

He fumbles for his pokeballs -thank God they're waterproof- and releases a Luxio and Pyukumuku. River glances up, however, and does a rapid double-take when he sees the Feraligatr charging the stranger. Some sort of gut instinct propels him forward and he lunges, grabbing hold of the guys elbow to yank him towards him.[break][break]

Luxio moves to intercept, fur crackling with electricity. The Pyukumuku lies dormant in the lion's fur, though when the Feraligatr's attack meant for Lucas attempts to land on Luxio, a sudden explosion or.. regurgitation of energy is blasted back. It knocks the Feraligatr off of his feet and Luxio leaves the unconscious sea slug behind. [break][break]

And, should the God's smile down on them, Luxio finishes the Feraligatr with a SUPERCHARGED DISCHARGE.[break][break]

[break]

[attr=class,ooc-notes]
[attr=class,tagline]

punki

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .accentbg"]background: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .accentborder"]border-color: #323232;[/newclass]

[newclass=".punkianger-riv .image"]background-image: url('https://i.ibb.co/Wk7gB3h/riverpost-1.png');[/newclass]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
fishbait [m/c]
POSTED ON Apr 5, 2021 0:43:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]

close tab

played by

Banished

Luke
He/Him/His
June 6th
Phenac City, Orre
Demisexual
Ranger
Cadet
Single
5 height
5 height
awards
14 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lucas
Lucas LeBlanc
fishbait [m/c]
POSTED ON Apr 29, 2021 21:05:28 GMT
Lucas LeBlanc Avatar

There was a moment where it seemed as though the Feraligatr was unphased by the attacks, pushing itself into a standing position despite the flurry of attacks that River had thrown its way, until it began moving. The Pokemon took a step forward and nearly faltered over its own footing, narrowly avoiding falling over by adjusting its balance at the last moment. Another roar escaped from the mighty beast, though this one sounded considerably more frightened than before, recognizing that the injuries had taken a toll on them. Before either of them had a chance to react, the Feraligatr leapt off the edge of the walkway into the water, disappearing into the darkened depths of the ocean from whence it came.

“Damn…” Lucas muttered under his breath, equally disappointed and embarrassed. They weren’t able to stop the Feraligatr before it got away, meaning he’d need to report to the Rangers that there was a rogue Shadow Pokemon stalking the waters of Sootopolis, with nothing to show for it. Even worse, he’d frozen in the face of danger and almost got a civilian hurt because of his fear of these twisted aberrations. It was shameful, to say the least. “Thanks…” Lucas began, turning towards River and mustering the best smile he could despite the circumstances. “...I definitely owe you one.”

A hand extended towards the stranger, offering him to shake. “I’m Lucas.” After what they’d been through, it was only polite to give his name out, after all.