To Be a Professor's Assistant [S]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 8, 2021 8:49:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","lovegood"]
424 for @dakota
There are people out there who have no idea what they want to be. Kids in school grow up, change their occupational future constantly. Astronaut, firefighter, viral sensation, detective. They want to be everything. Sometimes, they figure it out early. It could take so many years for that though. Even people in their thirties could not know. Even older still.

Luna stood outside of the lab, looking upwards. Her heart was beating loudly, as she stood outside the doors. The sun beat overhead, with Bear sitting in the drawstring bag. She had been dressed a more appropriately today, but even so she shivered. Not from the cold.

Out of fear.

The excursion in the cave with herself and Dakota had Luna happy. She felt she could learn. Maybe all those years at home had beaten it into her; a desire to know the world. At first, it was a desire to become a champion, to rise above and become an Elite Four member. But there was something missing. Battling didn't bring life to Luna. She learned it as soon as she entered that cave where she found Applejack. In fact, watching Applejack get hurt, or fighting Boo to capture her didn't do anything for her.

She realized, when she came across J.J and Blue, that she couldn't subject them to battling. And what would happen if one of them got hurt? Luna cared so much for the friends she had made, that the thought of losing even one of them.

There wasn't a trainer in her. But Dakota had said that science could be fulfilling. So for days now, weeks even, she had been spending time with them all. Bear, Applejack, Boo, Blue, J.J. The way Bear and Applejack slept right beside of each other, or how Boo would help get J.J on Blue's back. The way Blue sung J.J to sleep, while Boo spooked and licked at Bear and Applejack, two best friends sleeping beside of each other. The road to being a master was filled with hardship. Luna knew she didn't have the heart for it.

She made it to this decision on her own.

She wanted to be a professor's assistant. Do something that could help the world as best as she could.

She began to walk inside the lab. Her eyes filled with an uncertain determination. She wasn't sure if this were the right choice. How could someone think it would be? "Dakota... where are you?" she questioned to herself quietly, looking around the front of the laboratory now.
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".lovegood"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".lovegood b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#32CD32; [/newclass]
[newclass=".lovegood i"]font-style:italic;color:#00FF7F; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 12:41:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

His schedule had been cleared up. It was worth working diligently the past few days, as he had some time to himself. He headed down the street to the nearby cafe, walking back to the lab with freshly brewed coffee held in his right hand.
[break][break]
He pressed the button for the electronic doors to slide open, stepping in with a lax look. Pressing the cup to his lips, he took a deep sip. Smiling as he appreciated the rich flavor. He heard someone utter his name quietly, and as he looked around the lab he found Luna stumbling about.
[break][break]
He didn’t expect to be seeing her so soon, but was glad that she accepted her offer. “Right here.” He spoke in a clear tone, setting the cup onto a nearby table. “How have you been?” A soft grin on his face upon asking the question.

+ @luna

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#COLORGOESHERE;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 10, 2021 23:33:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
213 for @dakota
The moment that Dakota responded, Luna's expression began to morph. First into a bright sunny smile, than a slight dab of red to her cheeks, and finally a quiet resolution, as she walked towards Dakota. It had been days since she had spoken with him. The last time, she had been in a swimsuit due to the ocean breeze, and was a little less than capable of handling herself. This time, Luna was prepared.

She had flash cards.

As she stood at the table, Luna began to read over them quickly, scanning the contents, before glancing back up at Dakota. She began speaking in a mumble. "I-... that is to say, the world... it's filled with... but there's-" She wasn't doing as hot as she'd like to have. Why was it when she TRIED to prepare for what she wanted to say, she couldn't get it right?

TO HECK WITH THESE!

Tossing them onto the table with puff of her cheeks, she eyed Dakota with resolve now. "I want to go into science!" She said it bluntly. No college paper fluff, just straight to the point. She felt her cheeks redden, but she held true to that resolve.

"I... just don't know where to start. Can you help me?"

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 11, 2021 8:54:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He sat on a nearby chair, taking another sip from his coffee as he watched Luna. He had an idea of what she was trying to say; he just wanted to let her say whatever was on her mind before he responded.
[break][break]
He slightly jumped in his chair, almost spitting out his hot coffee when Luna suddenly shouted. There was a surprised look on his face, as he did not expect Luna to have an outburst. His gaze looked to the flashcards she tossed aside. An amused smile appearing on his face.
[break][break]
He liked her eagerness, a soft sigh escaped him. Glancing back at the anxious girl, he gave a small nod. “Of course” Setting aside the coffee cup, he gave the question some thought. Dakota didn’t consider himself to be very good at teaching.. But he was willing to put in effort for Luna.
[break][break]
“How much do you know about evolution?” Dakota asked Luna curiously, recalling that one of the first subjects he studied was evolution. He figured it would be a good starting point.

+ @luna

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #232323, 1px -1px 0 #232323, -1px 1px 0 #232323, 1px 1px 0 #232323;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 13, 2021 19:30:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[newclass=.rndBG]--rndColor:#c199a7[/newclass]
[nospaces]

[attr="class","rndBG"]
[attr="class","rndHead"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-bubble"]
[attr="class","lnr lnr-gift"]

SOMETHING HAS HAPPENED!

[attr="class","rndHeadA"]

[attr="class","rndIMG"]

[attr="class","rndText"]
THE EASTER LOPUNNY HAS ARRIVED! from its basket of eggs and gifts, it grants you the following item:[break]
[break]
(ooc: you do not need to engage with the lopunny icly).[break][break]
@luna

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 14, 2021 1:56:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
219 for @dakota
Red in the face, Luna was far too self-conscious. She had almost gotten Dakota to have a spit take from the sheer force of her declaration. Unrefined and rough around the edges for a student. A girl who was by all means not an academic, and preferred field work over the time it took to research everything.

It was everything Luna wasn't, but the small nod Dakota gave set her heart and head at ease. Breathing easy, Luna made a smile, as she finally sat herself down, seeming almost impossibly smaller than she had been previously.

Then Dakota asked how much she knew of evolution.

"Evolution is... the thing that makes Pokemon grow. Kinda like puberty for humans, but more literal! Like a Bulbasaur evolving into an Ivysaur, the flower thingie grows on its back! Or how a Shellos becomes a big slug!" Luna used uneducated hand gestures to attempt to emulate the height of Shellos to Gastrodon, smiling. There's a pause for a moment. "I haven't gotten to see it for myself though. I guess Bear, Applejack, and Boo just haven't gotten that far with me yet..." A side-eyed glance looked away, as she pushed her index fingers together. Just in time for a little rainbow shard to be stuffed into her bag without her realizing.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 17, 2021 6:34:03 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"Yes, that's correct." Dakota would respond to Luna with a soft smile. He reached into his pocket grabbing a pokeball. With a click a alolan vulpix appeared next to the blue-headed girl. "evolution is a complicated and mysterious process; there are many different ways that pokemon are able to evolve, some " Dakota would start to explain, he would then point at Lumi. "Vulpix generally evolve with stones, since Lumi comes from Alola trainers would use an ice stone. "
[break][break]
He would briefly stop talking when Luna mentioned that her pokemon have yet to evolve, "Evolution is a lengthy process. With enough time and growth, your pokemon will evolve. " he attempted to reassure her, but he wasn't sure what else to say.

+ @luna

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 20, 2021 21:20:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
263 for @dakota
Dakota's soft smile always made Luna sigh in relief. It was reassuring her that she was right, and it was almost like the guiding hand of a tutor to help her along the way. Luna almost wished he were a professor in that moment.

When Dakota released the Vulpix, Luna's eyes shined again, a starry gaze fixated on the cute little Vulpix as she shook a little in delight in her seat, until Dakota began to explain more in depth. Some evolutions happened in different ways. The Vulpix here required a stone to evolve, which had Luna's expression shift from delight to inquisitive.

Knowing that her Pokemon would evolve soon was nice, but she wondered if they even wanted that. Did Pokemon even like evolving? Even with Dakota reassuring her, she wasn't sure if it was a personal hurdle for herself, or her Pokemon.

Back on topic, she quickly dismissed that thought. She needed to be confident.

"Right! Aside from personal growth and stones... the bond between certain Pokemon and their trainers also matters, right?" She had remembered seeing something in regards to that on a TV special, how some Pokemon required to be exceptionally bonded with to grow, before leaning back to grab one of her thrown out flash cards, and a pen to scribble something down on it.

The poorest drawing of a Buneary head one might ever see, while still being a Buneary, before an arrow was drawn to the side with the head of a Lopunny. "Like Buneary! They require tender love and care over simply battling."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Apr 25, 2021 4:26:41 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Dakota had been focused on explaining how natural evolution worked that evolution through bonds completely slipped from his mind. He was impressed that Luna knew how it worked, it wasn’t very common to see pokemon evolved in such a way due to the special circumstances. “Yes, that’s correct!” He doesn’t attempt to conceal his happiness, as a grin formed. “Though it’s not common, admittedly I had forgotten about it until you mentioned it.” Dakota laughs as a small blush manifests onto his cheeks.
[break][break]
Once again Dakota is impressed as Luna explains how Buneary evolves. He stares intensely at the illustration that she created within a few seconds, honestly it didn’t resemble a buneary in the slightest but he appreciated the effort, it was also cute in a special way. “Another example of friendship evolution would be Slyveon” Dakota adds with a nod, trying to recall the other ones but blanks. “Evolution is mysterious, and there’s still many unknowns about the phenomenon ” He reached for a book that went into further detail about the process, showing it to Luna. “this book goes into much more detail, would you like to give it a read?” [break][break]
+ @luna

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 2, 2021 1:22:38 GMT
Deleted Avatar
213 for @dakota
Glowing with all the brightness of the sun itself, Luna's face heated up in a rather tame blush, her cheeks red with pride in herself. She was happy that she got something like this right! Especially with her desire to go into the field, seeing Dakota grin only capitalized on it! Her toothy grin had her lean forward with a great amount of content.

Sylveon evolved in that way too? Luna's head tilted. Of course, Eevee! They were the Pokemon that had the more innate ability to evolve. That's why they were called the evolution Pokemon!

Smashing her fist into her open palm, she made a nod. "Yeah! Sylveon, Umbreon, and Espeon! They all evolve by lots of love!" she stated, remembering how an Eevee just evolved in so many wonderful and different ways. It was honestly astounding. One day, she had hoped to get one herself.

When Dakota offered the book that delved further into detail, she held her hands out. "I would love to! Wait... how many pages is it?" she knew well ahead how many pages it probably had. She was never the type to read, but if it meant pursuing this, she would get through even the biggest block of words, to give something to the world.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 0:01:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Luna’s enthusiasm is great to see. Dakota smiles, joyed at how happy she became when he praised her lightly. He was glad that Luna decided to try and learn more about pokemon, if she decided to continue down this path he felt that she would make an excellent professor in the future. “While Umbreon and Espeon evolve with lots of love, their evolution depends on the time. ” He threw in the fun fact with a small nod, unsure if it was something she knew. “umbreon at night, espeon at day.

He nods as he finishes the short explanation, eyes hovering towards the book as he placed it into Luna’s open hands. “400.. if I’m remembering correctly.” it had been a few years since he read the said book himself, it was a guess based on the thickness of the book.

I believe in you Luna, I’m sure you will be able to finish this book under a week.” He had been partly joking, but there was no such expression shown, since he did want her to finish the book within that timeframe more or less.

@luna