awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
Doug's Gym Challenge Log: Precision Badge
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 9:07:24 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
jerky was tired and that was fine, it had done it's duty the best it could and that's all he could really ask for from it. next time they would have to figure out a better strategy before his poor pokemon ended up in this condition. but he'd make sure the lizard thing got the best treatment possible once this was all over.

recalling the pokemon he sent out his next, slushie. he loved this ugly little pokemon more than the other one but he wasn't about to tell them that. it would be rude as fuck. "let's turn down the temperature slushie, use blizzard." things were starting to get hot on the battle field so it was time to cool them down. plus the colder it was on the field the more at ease slushie felt as well, something he could appreciate. especially since his head was like an armored shield.

- slushie uses blizzard
slushie's moveset: freeze-dry, aurora veil, ancient power, blizzard, fishious rend, super fang

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 18:29:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Dramatics still in full effect as Doug ordered an evasion, the Heracross wings spread open before it leapt off high in the air, barrel rolling erratically across the field as the onslaught of ice and snow came towards it.

Flying behind one of the many columns for cover, it briefly considered breaking and utilizing it as a projectile before a sharp whistle suddenly cut through the noise of the battlefield, alerting it to its trainer.

"Oi, don't get any bright ideas. I ain't got the cash to pay for damages!" The youth called out, remembering his battle with . It might not have been much for the man, but he couldn't assume Glitch would be A-Ok with destruction of property as well. "Get in there all Clean and proper!"

Rolling its eyes and grunting, the Heracross grabbed onto the column and hauled itself atop it, before springing towards its opponent without warning, flying in a straight line towards the fish before suddenly springing its wings once again, swerving in an erratic evasive pattern as it closed in for a strike!

-Heracross is using a Swords Dance boosted Aerial Ace.

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 9:29:49 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
there was a lot to be said about the fact that at least doug was willing to not destroy his gym. unlike some people he didn't have unlimited amounts of cash and didn't want to deal with putting in requests to have things repaired. it would make things a lot harder if he had to do that and it was so much work. "gills out slushie." arctovish were special in that their gills were hard as rock and functioned like a shield. flared out the pokemon hissed and it's gills began to glow. it wasn't a fast moving pokemon really so the best recourse was for it to let the enemy come to it.

gills glowed brightly as it prepared for the aerial ace to hit him head on, fishious rend prepared and ready to hit it as the bug ran straight into the attack. sure he would get hit as well but it was better than dealing with poor slushie trying to go faster than someone who could fly.

- slushie uses fishious rend
slushie's moveset: freeze-dry, aurora veil, ancient power, blizzard, fishious rend, super fang

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 17:33:08 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"If they are bringing their ace, then so are we, Mega!" Doug said as he swept his arm across the air, grinning. "Hit 'em with Megahorn!"

The Heracross lowered its head as it flew towards Slushie, a neon green glow enwrapping his horn as the two pokemon went to crash against one another with a booming crash-!

"Say Glitch, have ya heard about the BBQ party?" Doug said as he approached the table with their milkshakes, several moments after the battle had drawn to a close.

"Mr. Silph's organizing one for all the Gym Leaders. It'll be an awesome chance for ya to introduce yerself! Gym Leaders rarely get together, for some reason."

close tab

played by

verbatim

none
he/they
june 5th
redacted
bisexual
ex-gym leader
elite
none
single
143 height
143 height
endeavor
awards
255 posts
part of
TAG WITH @glitch
glitch maverick
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 22:11:17 GMT
glitch maverick Avatar
he'd lost but, he wasn't really that mad about it. the battle had gone back and forth and he had done his best. so had his pokemon. and they deserved a nice long rest. so it was only fair that he gave them one. "i heard something about it! i just didn't know if it was for the gym leaders that already were extra established or for the newer ones too." he was putting the finishing shine on the badge to hand over to doug. he wasn't such a bad guy. probably.

as the other gym leader sat down he slid the case with badge and all inside of it. "you don't have to keep it in the case obviously, i just like how it looks when you hand them over like that." it made it look a little bit fancy or whatever.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,875 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 23:45:52 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Doug cooed at the fancy case; he loved these things! He hadn't found the time to buy one for a full Hoennian set so far. Grasping it with a smile, he opened it and gazed at the badge.

"Nah nah, I like it! I'll keep it!" He said, moving to store it within the inside pockets of his jacket. "I can have the insides modified to store all the badges! Thanks Glitch!"

After a talking, battling, and hanging out with the new Gym Leader, Doug had to say he liked Glitch.

"Well Glitch! I gotta say, it's been a pleasure!" He said, grinning broadly. "I look forward to workin' with ya!"

close tab

played by

spiral

SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
HE/HIM
AUGUST 12
DISCORD
SHIV-SAMA-O
SHIV'S BOYFRIEND
SHIV-SAMA-O
IS MY GIRLFRIEND
777 height
777 height
THE GREATER THE DESPAIR THE SWEETER THE VICTORY
awards
5,178 posts
SPIRAL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @spiral
SPIRAL
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 4:39:51 GMT
SPIRAL Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]H✩T BATTLE COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[break][break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: