I Think You're So Good...

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 10, 2021 6:42:40 GMT
Deleted Avatar
just sing along— i'm the king of catastrophes
[break][break]
His expression narrows into one of shocked exasperation as he stares unblinkingly at his girlfriend. "Was that... a corn joke?" But he breaks the façade with a laugh. "Though why you think I would name a Luvdisc after corn is beyond me, Sair-Bear." He admits. "Oh, I know! How about we have a battle?"

Nearby, just off the boardwalk, several public battle arenas wait amongst the sand. Paved concrete and grassy banks form these stages for friendly Pokémon combat, and a Pokémon center is located nearby for the convenience of those who use them-- just between the Hotdog Hut and a store selling hemp-woven hoodies and other memorabilia. 

"You can meet Maizey there. Though I imagine she might be confused at first." He adds with a bright smile, Ratatoskr matching his energy with an excited gleam in his eyes. 

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON May 12, 2021 3:09:03 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

[attr="class","uthegood"]

Sarah lifted a brow to Sigmund's insisting that she had made a corn joke, but was able to connect the pieces very quickly. Once her brows furrowed she shifted into a bright smile. Sigmund was a humorous one, after all. It was hard not to smile even as he built upon her own joke. [break][break]

"A battle?" Sarah repeated. It would be interesting to enter into a battle without knowing what pokemon was inside of this pokeball. If Sigmund had given her the wrong pokemon, it could potentially put her at a disadvantage? Or, maybe not, having an extra pokemon would give her a team of five instead of four, while Sigmund certainly had six pokemon on his team. Unlike her, he was an adventurer who benefitted more from having a larger roster... Sarah, on the other hand, lived on a farm and went to school. She didn't need to take care of as many pokemon for her own party. Plus, she already had enough mouths to feed with all the miltank. [break][break]

"Sure! I can't even remember the last time I had a pokemon battle, but I've been studying some of the top battlers in Johto for months!" She said excitedly. She smirked. "You won't break up with me if you lose, right?"

[attr="class","udlz"]

this is beginning to feel like

[break]THE LONG WINDED[break]

blues of the never static explosion devoted to crushing the broken and shoving their souls to ghost—you set your sights

[attr="class","utheugly"]

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

[newclass=.uradio] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #1f2226; background-color: #31363c; padding: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=.udlz] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; color: #f9f2e6; font-family: 'Oswald', sans-serif; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; text-transform: uppercase; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood] font:11px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height:15px; color: #f9f2e6; padding:30px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood b] font:10.5px 'Oswald', sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; color: #F8B500;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood i] font-style: normal; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.uthebad]width: 40px; height:40px; background-color: #1f2226; border-radius: 50px; margin-top: -22px; margin-left: 6px; float: left; padding: 2px;[/newclass][newclass=.utheugly]background-color: #424851; padding: 5px; margin-top: 10px; font:10px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height: 12px; color: #1f2226;[/newclass][newclass=.theugly a]font:10px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase;color:#1f2226;[/newclass][googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700] [googlefont=Oswald:400,700]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 13, 2021 7:00:18 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[break][break]
The blonde eagerly nodded. Despite his myriad of experiences, he knew his girlfriend had a lot to offer when it came to battling as well. She'd always been the smarter of the two by a mile, anyway. "This should be a good way to energize any ship lag out of you!" Because that was a thing, right? Ship lag?

Regardless, Sigmund brightens when he sees how excited she's gotten. The blonde extends his hand, offering it for her to take as he leads the way towards a vacant battle arena by the beach. "Study won't do you much good without practice, Sarah." He says with a wag of his finger. He stops to laugh when she jokes that he might leave her if he loses, however.

"Well, duh. It's easier to get a rematch from you if I stay your boyfriend." With a wink, he continues gently tugging her along as they reach the public battle arena's gate. It's at this point that he relinquishes her hand again, walking backwards towards the other end of the rectangular shaped, sand-swept concrete stage. "Traditional single format?"

Ratatoskr eagerly scrambles from shoulder-to-shoulder atop Sigmund, ready to jump at a moment's notice. Curious civilians slowly begin to trickle in from the boardwalk and beachside picnics. They feel it, too: the anticipation of a new Pokémon battle. 

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON May 16, 2021 5:39:48 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

Sarah chuckled to think of the rematches they could have in the future. Sarah certainly thought that it'd be interesting to finally battle him in person again. They'd had battles during their time apart, but it wasn't the same. The battles they had had were virtual battle simulations, the kind that were often used in pokemon school, such as the school Sarah went to. However, while those used a lot of statistics, they didn't provide the opportunity to actually test the accuracy of the systems of which Sarah was certain required tweaking. [break][break]

In any case, Sarah followed him to the battlefield, thinking very hard already about which pokemon she should use first in the battle. Sneezy the Sneasel was a good and obvious first choice. However, she was also afraid of going too hard too fast on Sigmund.[break][break]

'Hmm... I hope Sneezy doesn't get too out of control...' she pondered to herself. 'And he has that King's Rock now... I hope that's not overkill.'[break][break]

Sarah's hand pulled away from Sigmund and she exited her trance, making the decision to use that pokemon instead, switching that pokeball in her palm for Maizey's. [break][break]

"Of course.. is there any other fun way to battle?" she asked.

[attr="class","udlz"]

blues of the never static explosion devoted to crushing the broken and shoving their souls to ghost—you set your sights

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

[newclass=.uradio] width: 500px; border: 1px solid #1f2226; background-color: #31363c; padding: 25px;[/newclass][newclass=.udlz] margin-top: 10px; padding-bottom: 5px; color: #f9f2e6; font-family: 'Oswald', sans-serif; font-size: 10px; text-align: justify; text-transform: uppercase; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood] font:11px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height:15px; color: #f9f2e6; padding:30px; text-align: justify;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood b] font:10.5px 'Oswald', sans-serif; text-transform:uppercase; color: #F8B500;[/newclass][newclass=.uthegood i] font-style: normal; border-bottom: 1px solid #01B59F;[/newclass][newclass=.uthebad]width: 40px; height:40px; background-color: #1f2226; border-radius: 50px; margin-top: -22px; margin-left: 6px; float: left; padding: 2px;[/newclass][newclass=.utheugly]background-color: #424851; padding: 5px; margin-top: 10px; font:10px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase; line-height: 12px; color: #1f2226;[/newclass][newclass=.theugly a]font:10px Quattrocento Sans; text-transform:lowercase;color:#1f2226;[/newclass][googlefont=Quattrocento Sans:400,700] [googlefont=Oswald:400,700]

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 0:48:34 GMT
Deleted Avatar

Sigmund grinned as he took his place at one end of the public arena. Ratatoskr pouted on his shoulder as he noticed his trainer reaching for a pokéball clipped to his belt. It seemed he wouldn't go first. "Reasons why you're the best girlfriend I could have asked for." He smiles, readying the ball for a throw. "No going easy on me, though, alright?"

Casting his pokémon in tandem with Sarah, the battle begins.

"Ramy, give us an electrifying START!"

[ battle video ]

| | |

In the end, under the might of Maizey's ELECTRO BALL, Camina the Scizor was toppled backwards, collapsing in a heap of crackling red. The battle had finished, and the small crowd of beach goers that had gathered at the ringside benches cheered. 

The sting of defeat was never pleasant, of course, but it certainly wasn't a foreign feeling to the blonde. Rushing over to his Scizor's side, he carefully helped her back on both feet before patting her back. "You did awesome, Cam, thank you." He sincerely smiled, receiving a short trill in response from the Bug-type and an affectionate bonk on the head.

Sigmund laughed, then met eyes with Sarah and jogged across the arena to close the gap between them. "Good going, Sair-Bear! Maizey really came through, huh?" As he held his hand up for a high-five, Ratatoskr stuck his tongue out at the gifted Pikachu.

notes:

MADE BY MIZO
close tab

played by

prim

She/Her
April 15th
Route 39 (Johto)
Heterosexual
Pokemon Statistician
Sigmund Sauer
Boyfriend
0 height
0 height
awards
23 posts
Sarah Dandy DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @prim
Sarah Dandy
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 1:21:59 GMT
Sarah Dandy Avatar
[nospaces]

[attr="class","uradio"]

"Yeah! Maizey is an amazing pokemon!" Sarah said excitedly as she knelt down next to her Pikachu. The Pikachu excitedly brightened as Sarah pet it between its ears.

"This is one of the best gifts I've ever gotten Siggy! Pikachu is like the perfect partner for me!" Maizey nodded and then hopped up onto Sarah's shoulders. Sarah stood up and brimmed toward her human partner, running toward him and giving him a tight hug.

"Guess that means you played a part in this victory! Glad I recorded the battle too. It means I can go back and study it later!"

[attr="class","udlz"]

@sigmund

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

[attr="class","uthebad"]

created by rascal

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 5, 2021 3:03:29 GMT
Deleted Avatar

A high-five had been dismissed, instead, for a hug. But Sigmund certainly wasn't complaining as he hugged his girlfriend back tightly and laughed with joy. "Haha! I'm glad you like her. You guys make an amazing team." Pulling back, but keeping his arms wrapped around her, he delivers a cozy Eskimo kiss and sighs.

"I'm really glad you're back, Sair-Bear..." Peeking an eye open to gauge her expression at such close quarters, he smiles. "Have I told you that already?"

notes:

MADE BY MIZO