Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
battle litany [ mission ]
POSTED ON Aug 1, 2021 17:02:07 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"Yeah, they did." He said after a moment of contemplation.

Hadn't he been incredibly angry about that before joining the league...? Long before rocket revealed themselves or he was anything more than a truant nobody, he had truly believed they were still around, and the League was a joke for thinking otherwise.

Where had that anger gone too...?

The words on the army stung; they had great weight, coming from a veteran, and given that he was one of its officers now, he couldn't help but feel included in the mass of perceived incompetency that was the Hoennian Military.

But then, he was 17 and had pretty much made his rank in convenient circumstance and pure luck; he struggled to shoot a gun straight when pointing it at anything alive and had a hard time commanding the respect of his men when out of their sight.

Whether she meant to include him or not, Cait had a point.

"I- didn't know they did that." He said as she mentioned 'legal repercussions', his brow furrowing deeply at that. Why do such a thing if joining was optional...? He didn't understand the higher ups at times. "I'm sorry."

Someone from the League had to apologize for its mistakes. Might as well be him.

He didn't know yet if he saw things the same as Cait; he needed some time to process everything she had said, think it over, decide where he stood...

"Huh...? Ah." He uttered, glancing up and cupping his chin. "It's been... a little under a year since I joined...? There's 5 years left on my contract."

He breathed in at that; if everything went well, Rocket would be done for within less than a year. His contract's length was unimportant, far as he saw it.

"I would've fought in the front lines even if alone and a nobody. The military ain't great right now... But both me and my men are slowly getting better." He said, raising his hand and curling it into a fist, brow furrowing. "Yer right though. As a whole, we suck. We need better leaders. With better leaders, we'll get better soldiers."

The current generals and high brass were old farts whose only real experience began a couple of years back with Rocket's first invasion. They were no more qualified to lead than any of the man under them.

He couldn't really bring himself to blame Commissioner for not being a more experienced war-time leader in a country that had only known peace until she was forced into her position, but he could certainly blame his commanding officers for sucking at their job.

Sighing once again, the youth shook his head, before throwing a wry smile at Cait.

"So... don't be surprised when I become the general in a few months, eh?" He tried to finish lightly with a joke.

Well. Half-joke.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
slithers of wistful window gazes glint in borrowed light
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 2:30:31 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
to be perfectly honest," she began. "i don't doubt for a moment that you'd become a general down the road."

given john's willingness to improve upon himself, it was likely he was in the correct headspace to manage such a rank in a short period of time.

'a few years, maybe?'

cait doubted he'd succeed in a few months, despite his vast potential. the people above him wouldn't take him seriously enough, given his age and his family name carrying no weight. they'd likely view him as a bright-eyed upstart, if nothing else. they'd perhaps identify his potential, but that could only help him so much.

'the only thing that could possibly shove a spotlight onto john is if he's chosen.'

which was  very possible, considering that the gods had taken to allying themselves with humans as of late. and john was a good boy - a good man - and would likely attract a legendary's attention if he was fortunate enough.

'what an interesting time to live,' she thought.

"
perhaps you'll help improve the league. i don't... pray for its failure - but i don't have much hope when it comes to its success either. i terminated my contract early - for obvious reasons - and lawyered up immediately after. i'm basically only a vet in name only at this point."

john would be around her age when his contract was up, which worried her somewhat. would he regret it? would the league mismanage him and lead the poor youth down the wrong path?

"that's my property line over here."

she gestured toward the section of the narrow path that led them to the beginnings of a forest. bright signs were evenly distributed, indicating that the property was private - and that the pokemon were unfriendly to trespassers.

"how's your family, by the way? also how's your education going?

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 1:23:17 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

He blinked, surprised for a moment, before blushing and scratching at his cheek.

"O-oh. Thank you." That amount of faith in his meager talents was more than a little surprising.

Now that Ms. Cait had said that, he had no choice but to actually make it, joke or not.

"I didn't expect much from the League either." Not before joining, at any rate. Having a slightly more insightful understanding of what went in behind closed doors... Didn't give him much faith, but it at least explained to him a few things that had never made much sense to him before. "I don't think I can cancel my contract, though."

He could get kicked out of if he began failing at his studies, something not super unlikely given his pathetic highschool record...

But that would be such a pathetic way to leave.

No, he had no intention of leaving the military, even if he would've rather been studying insects or even performing music on a sidewalk.

If he left, he did it a decorated officer.

Eventually, they made it to Cait's territory, which she was kindly enough to point out for him. He made an attempt at memorizing nearby landmarks that might lead him there for future's sake- but eventually gave in to his better judgement and marked it on his phone's map as well, just in case.

As he was finishing doing that however, an uncomfortable question was asked.

He froze, not knowing what to say.

'Dead and waiting to die' sounded pretty bad and bleak, even if it was about as accurate as it got.

"... Awright." The youth said after a sigh, reaching over for his straw hat, only to realize that he had somehow forgotten it then. He must have been going mad. "I never did tell ya 'bout it, huh?"

Well, to be fair, he hadn't really told anyone. It was more something people could intuit once they had enough clues to puzzle together.

The youth stared off ahead in silence for a moment, mostly trying to figure out how to spit it out. His tongur felt thick in his own throat.

"I... Ah... Ugh. My parents are dead." He said simply, staring off into the distance, lips set into a thin line. "They have been for a long time now; 'fore I met you."

What else should he say...?

"And ... Uh... My grandpa's in the hospital. He ain't really hurt or sick or anything." He said, scratching at the back of his head. "He's just sad."

Sad and waiting to die. Doug's visits didn't seem to help much, so it had been a while since he had seen the man's face.

"... My studies are going pretty well, though." He tried at humor awkwardly. "Military science wasn't really m'dream career but it's... interesting."

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 1:50:13 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

cait slowed to a halt, turning toward him as he talked about his family. she had pried just enough to acquire the information, but her heart ached in the aftermath of his admittance. the young woman couldn't imagine being so young and being alone. even if her parents had passed her aunts, uncles and grandparents would have stepped in to ensure she was raised properly.

"i didn't know."

she turned to face him, her eyes a little round. concern pinched at her freckled features, the woman still in the midst of absorbing the knowledge. cait vaguely remembered him mentioning his grandfather and how his living circumstances weren't the best. 

'and now the league has him.'

she felt like a failure as it all gradually sunk in; like she was partially responsible for failing john.

"
i'm so sorry, john," she murmured. "this isn't fair. none of it is."

'and here i am lamenting about the league and rocket - and confessing my problems and my grievances.'

cait visibly sagged as she inwardly berated herself, the small woman's gaze downcast as she sucked in a shaky breath and turned.

"
let's -... let's get you something to eat."

at least while he was on her land he was safe and would be given fair treatment. for the duration of the young man's stay, she'd see that he was at least given some form of care. food, a bath and shower and cleaned clothes - if he was willing - and a warm guest room to settle in for a brief respite. 

"
what was your dream career, baby?"

cait returned the topic back on course as they stepped further into the depths of her personal forest, a small number of her pokemon easily glimpsed. the path became a little more narrow, brush and bramble threatening to snag their clothing; but cait easily navigated the wood - each step taken toward her home a certain one.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 13:03:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

"It's fine." Is all he manages to say.

Even he can see what he's done, but can't bring himself to say anything as the silence abruptly sets, nodding before simply following behind the woman in silence, branches and undergrowth snatching onto his clothes, dragging over his skin and tripping him every step of the way.

Her questions cracks the ice that had settled without warning, leaving him blinking in palpable confusion.

"Oh, uhm..." He uttered. The question is enough to make him forget about his other problems- mostly out of embarrassment, a blush once again coloring his cheeks as he reached up to scratch at the back of his head, lips pursing slightly. "... Entomology."

How very predictable.

"... But I was never any good in school though. It's a scientists' job, so it's always felt... distant." That's what made it a dream, he supposed. Ironic that he ended up studying a 'science' anyway. "My mom was a music teacher, though. She taught me quite a lot, so I always believed I would end up a teacher myself... or a performer like my grandpa."

Either or; in his experience, money was hard to come by forth, so might as well pick whichever he ended up liking most.

He then snorted.

"Or a farmer like my dad. Before we lost the land." No land, no farming. Kanto falling really drove them from 'poor but getting by' to 'poor and miserable'.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2021 6:49:01 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"'entomology,'" she parroted. 

cait was somewhat familiar with that particular line of study. it was a sparsely populated field, with a considerable chunk of the population having dismissed bug-types as weak or grotesque in appearance. she had looked into it in her late adolescents, picking up a few books containing information on bug-types since they were a decently popular choice among her people. 

"
have you ever considered becoming a professor? the money's decent if you manage to get your license and work in a lab proper. the testing for the sake of qualification can be a bit severe depending on the region - but it's doable.

the terrain became a bit rough, with cait warning john of the excess brush and clumps of thorns that had yet to be cleared out. typically patches were trimmed down or culled, but she kept eradication of plant life to an absolute minimum. 

"
i was considering becoming a politician or being a researcher. i'm actually very fond of religious studies and i'm considering focusing on that. but we'll see.

her acres of land were numerous, which meant their walk was somewhat difficult. but they inevitably arrived at her tidy little cabin, the area surrounded by a cluster of trees and perfectly trimmed grass. there was a nicely-sized shed at its side to contain tools or important items; the door tightly locked and constantly watched over. 

"
this is it," she announced, proudly. "my lovely abode. let's head inside."

cait reached into her pocket and produced a bronze key, entering the cabin and beckoning the young male to follow her lead. 

"
so what are you craving? do you want something meaty? are you vegetarian? maybe something sweet?"

the light was flicked on, revealing a rustic and warm layout; the colors leaning toward various shades of brown.  

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 5, 2021 18:49:21 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Battle Litany

"Can't... say I never thought about it." He said, looking away.

Such thoughts only lasted briefly.

"But I'm not good at school." He said, shrugging. "My grades were always below average on most classes... even before I stopped attending."

Perhaps a life on the road as a pokemon trainer hadn't prepared him well to sit around all day listening to very uninvested teachers drone on about stuff that didn't align with his limited talents.

There was no specific 'bug' class in school. Music was not a class, but a severely underfunded extracurricular. And art class was about art history, not actual art.

It all was, always, so very disappointing and boring. ​

"Only reason I'm not failing college is that I can't afford to." By all past experience, he should've been flunking out, specially given how little time he had now, compared to school.

But he couldn't fail, or everything would come crashing down.

So he passed every class somehow, even if he had to do so by the skin of his teeth. So far, anyway.

He was barely beginning at the introduction phase. Who knew how things would be 6 months down the line.

His gaze was drawn towards Cait, blinking in surprise as she spoke of politics, of all things.

"A politician?" He echoed. He nibbled on the inside of his cheek, looking away for a second before asking. "Why?"

The occupational hazards of politics in Hoenn were many. The region couldn't go 6 months without one of their Council members 'mysteriously' disappearing.

When someone was as famous as Cait already was, involving themselves in politics was tantamount to painting a massive target on their backs.

When they finally made it all the way through her forest, a cabin in the woods came into view, and for a moment, he stopped simply to stare.

It all almost looked like something out of a book; rather lovely.

"Woah. This looks awesome!" He uttered, eyes wide. "Ya live here?"

He stared silently.

"Any rooms up for grabs?" He asked playfully a moment later, a sheepish smile on his lips as he fell in line behind her.

This certainly was more lovely and idyllic than life inside the Mega Mall that was Mauville was set to be.

Following behind her, he waved at whatever pokemon might be found around the house before slipping inside her abode, his eyes looking around the home with a measure of warmth.

His parent's home had not been grand or too pretty, but it had been made of wood and well kept, and Cait's place reminded him of it in a way that made something in his stomach flutter.

For a moment, he didn't immediately respond to Cait's questions, eyes looking over every surface slowly, taking in whatever photographs, art pieces, knick knacks and furniture they could find.

After said moment, he shook his head abruptly, before turning his gaze towards Cait. He grabbed at his stomach for a moment, before his gaze drifted up, him trying to remember.

"Uh, my diet for today was... Umm..." He mumbled, trying to remember 's lessons on muscle building nutrition. "Meat and veggies both, I think? Er, high on protein. Sorry to impose, Ms. Cait."

He rubbed the back of his neck sheepishly, before his eyes slowly began drifting around the house once again.

"Think I might meet Mr. Cait today?" He asked after a moment, grinning as he glanced at her.

He wasn't aware of 's relationship with Cait at this point yet.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 11, 2021 14:26:07 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"
change starts from the top. military reform, for example. a tighter rank structure to instill the right kind of discipline is what i dream of."

once they arrived she offered the young man a brief tour, pointing out the spacious interior and the rooms.

"
it's a five bedroom," she explained. "so we have plenty of space available"

cait visibly brightened at john's apparant willingness to stay, hopeful that he'd find some semblance of peace here. he'd be allowed food, shelter, comfort and various amenities that he could take full advantage of.

"
there's central heating, plumbing, electricity, internet and cable. we have all the bells and whistles since i'm planning on making this a family home. all the produce we have is grown in my garden and any meat is locally caught."

she gestured down the hall.

"if you want to rest there are three bedrooms down the hall. only one is furnished at the moment - so you're welcome to take that one. the bathroom's two doors down in that direction if you want to wash up or use the bathroom. as for a change of clothes..."

cait absently tapped at her hip, appearing to mull over a possible solution. 

"i know 'mr. cait' has a few articles. fresh boxers and a shirt that may be a little oversized. i'm afraid you won't see sénon today. he's a few cities over dealing with work."

she began to make her way toward the kitchen, allowing john free reign of the house. 

"i'll make a stir fry for you while you get comfortable," she offered. "plenty of meat and vegetables and some sweet tea to go with it."

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Nov 17, 2021 21:54:31 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Battle Litany

At the top, huh?

"Is that so?" He asked, blinking in surprise.

He hadn't been interested in politics until just recently- he couldn't really get involved in them, even now. Despite the considerable youth of some of the League's current councilmen at the time of their election, aiming for such a place felt impossible for someone like Doug.

Age aside- he lacked the education and pedigree to even think of a career in politics. Nobody knew of him or his family; running against the kind who tended to go for such lofty positions seemed like a doomed mission.

But even that was getting ahead of himself- he had never considered himself for such a position until now.

"Are you... going to try to go for a Council seat, Ms. Cait?" He asked, tilting his head.

She had a good chance. Gym Leaders were well known. War heroes, even more so. Specially in such turbulent times, if she platformed for military reform in the face of Rocket's encroaching influence...

Maybe she really could do it.

He hadn't pegged her for someone so invested into the military, however!

"Don't you hate the military?" He asked, brow creasing. "I mean like... on principle?"

He knew that she had been a member of the military herself before- but he hadn't thought she was invested in it.

Even beyond the Military's general incompetence, Cait seemed like a peace loving individual- and he knew for a fact she was very religious. Neither quality seemed like it would mesh well with military or war.

And while one didn't need to think that war was good to believe in the military... would someone like that wish for it to be more powerful or effective?

He didn't know; the shades of grey tended to blend into the stronger tones of black and white for the youth. His position in the military was a consequence of little forethought on his part.

The subject of her beautiful home momentarily fell by the wayside as the youth took interest in a facet of the woman before him he hadn't quite met until now: Politics could be a divisive topic that could rend even strong friendships...

But Doug was young, somewhat ignorant, and most of all, open-minded. Easily influenced by trusted authority figures and the 'good' adults in his life.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Nov 25, 2021 15:34:53 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"there's a difference between being a pacifist and being weak, john."

there was a sternness about her as she shared a wisdom that had been passed down for generations.

"a pacifist makes the careful decision not to fight - while the weak are naturally incapable of doing so."

she briefly allowed her words to sink in. 

"our military should be specifically tailored to defend the weak. they should be trained to fight when it proves absolutely necessary. what i'm actually against is provoking a fight - engaging in conquest and investing resources toward the act of invasion."

cait paused only to mull over the idea of her being elected as a council member. she'd have the conservative vote - especially since she openly affiliated herself with the faithful.

"
unfortunately our region has proven itself to be weak, john. rocket has been allowed to fester - our ranks are plagued with insubordination and a lack of discipline - and there is little respect for the council nowadays. but change takes time - and a lot of it."

a small smile tugged at the corners of her lips.

"
do you... think i'd make a decent councilmember, john?"

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON Dec 8, 2021 20:24:22 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Battle Litany

At the top, huh?

"... Yeah." He said.

Though his reply sounded casual, he had been paying rapt attention as he spoke. Pushing away from the wall he had been leaning on, the youth approached nearby furniture, reaching out to grasp and look at a photograph of her as he spoke.

"I don't know any of the current members of the council personally, but... Hoenn's policies haven't really changed a lot in the past four years, have they?"

Commissioner , Councilman , Councilman and Councilman @oryon had been there for as long as he had cared to keep up with Hoenn's politics- about 6 months, give or take.

"... I think it's fair to say that they need someone to wage war for them." He said bluntly, turning his gaze to the woman. "Cause they sure as hell don't know how to do it themselves."

The 'new' Team Rocket was proof. The continued existence of Rocket-Occupied Kanto, was proof.

Rocket Occupied Kanto had been a violent force from the moment it graced the world stage- it's immediate neighbor was attacked without warning or formal declaration of war, and Hoenn had followed suit soon after.

It pained him to admit it- but the land of Kanto had become Rocket's nation now. Which made all, each and every single one of Rocket's actions, an international act of warfare.

And one did not simply let such inhuman, brutal attacks on one's country and people sit for 4 years.

After Blackwell's death, Hoenn's leadership first order of business after cleaning up the rocket remains should've been to mount a counteroffensive.

"Ya were a soldier yerself, Ms. Cait. I think, more than any of them already there, you'd be good for the region as things are now."

With Silph handling the economics and Cole-essam public relations... introduce an actual soldier into the council, and thinks might finally begin looking up for the people of Hoenn.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON Dec 9, 2021 23:58:18 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

"a soldier," she parroted, distantly.

a far off look commanded her gaze, the woman appearing to be reviewing her memories. past conflicts came to mind, a mild nausea rising as she vaguely recalled the deaths and grievous injuries that had been suffered. 

"
i don't think i could manage it. at least i don't think i can."

cait's gaze snapped back onto john, her eyes rounding slightly as her curiously shaped pupils dilated; the poison that presently ran within her veins having altered them somewhat. for a moment they resembled the felines she was terribly fond of, her expression difficult to discern before it transitioned into one of open affection.

"
i'm happy here. i built this home for me - for sénon - for fernando - for stormy - for you, even - if you want it to be."

john was a very recent addition to her life. but she couldn't help but grow to adore him. her heart ached for his plight and for the youth that had been wasted in this never-ending struggle. 

"
i'm well aware i could help change the policies that shape the region. and i may be able to help lead hoenn to a better tomorrow. but that would mean i'd be far removed from fortree - and from all of you."

while working remotely was an option - it was one that was offset by having to frequently travel lengthy distances. and she was so terribly weary of leaving her homestead for work that would potentially pull her away from everything she had built. 

"
my place is here supporting everyone in their endeavors. this is where celebi and i are meant to be - "

for now.

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 4, 2022 17:34:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Battle Litany

With .

The house around him is full of warmth and compassion. It truly feels like a place built by Ms. Cait, for her loved ones.

"... Thank ya kindly, Ms. Cait." He says mumblingly, averting his gaze from hers as his head tilts down. "I really appreciate it."

He doesn't belong there, next to all the people she's known and loved for years. He's stumbles in and out of her life like a complete mess, receives help and guidance and support, and gives nothing back. What kind of friend is he?

Certainly not the kind anyone should welcome into their home, let alone crash on their couch.

"No... yeah, that makes sense. Ya know yerself best; t'was just a silly idea I had, anyway." He mumbled after a moment, forcing a smile as he nodded.

It's fine. For Now, things are fine. Even if the right people are not where Hoenn needs them to be now, things will be fine.

There were several months left before the youth had a nervous breakdown; yes, right now, there was still a lot of space left in his plate. It was fine.

Clap.

"... So." Doug said after a moment, hands having come together abruptly. "Do ya need any help with cookin'? I ain't too shabby."

Smooth.

close tab

played by

y o y o

cai
she/her
twenty-three
may 15
fortree
bisexual
herbalist
civilian
sénon game
engaged
596 height
596 height
awards
2,558 posts
cait alfric DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cait
cait alfric
POSTED ON May 15, 2022 19:39:03 GMT
cait alfric Avatar

a look of concern creased her own freckled features as she observed the conflicted emotions that crossed the youth's face, followed by him veering the subject entirely elsewhere. cait went along with it after a moment, her smile tentative as she turned her attention toward the kitchen. 

"i could use some help with gathering a few fresh ingredients while i prep everything else," she said.

cait pointed toward the backdoor that was connected to the kitchen.

"
i have a small garden in the back. can you grab several onions, carrots and potatoes each?"

despite the small seed of worry that had begun to develop, she moved to pull out the appropriate tools needed to prep their meal. 

"
i usually have a few pokemon oversee the garden so that no one except senon and i take anything from it. if they cause you any trouble just tell them i sent you. there's a basket on the counter you can take to carry everything."

she absently pointed toward the woven object.

"
and if you have trouble identifying the plants they should be able to point out what you need."

once he was outside, he'd quickly pinpoint the garden's location; as well as the slumbering houndoom and houndour who oversaw it. 

https://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/229.pnghttps://veekun.com/dex/media/pokemon/icons/228.png

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,879 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
POSTED ON May 19, 2022 18:52:48 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

Battle Litany

With .

If she saw through his totally flawless facade, she was nice enough to let it go, leaving the boy to sigh inwardly in relief the conversation moved on.

He followed Cait's digit as she pointed at the backdoor, half turning towards it and listening to her instructions as he began to tug at his sleeves.

"Onions, Carrots, Potatoes! Got it!" He said as he rolled his arms, before grabbed the basket and beginning to jog for the door, spinning on his heel as he stepped underneath the door frame. "No worries, Ms. Cait- I was born n'raised n'a farm!"

Spinning yet again on his heel, Doug released a not so soft 'oof' as he rammed his shoulder on the frame and the force spun him backwards in place, sending him tumbling out of the home and into the garden gracelessly whilst he wheezed.

The hot wash of embarrassment followed as he tried to walk it off, with him grumbling as he continued to stumble towards Cait's garden whilst rubbing his throbbing shoulder.

Before he suddenly froze in place midstep.

He found himself staring at a Houndour and a Houndoom; they were the pokemon nearest what was obviously the garden, so he assumed they would be his guide if he needed anything.

"Shake it off, they are Ms. Cait's pokemon." He huffed at himself after a moment, slapping his own cheeks twice before puffing his chest approaching the garden and the two pokemon with bravado before opening his mouth.

Deep breath.

"'Ello.Ms.Caitaskedmetogetveggies,I'llbeoutofyerhairquicksorrytobotherbyeee-" He said in a jumbled up mess of words as he slipped into the garden and quickly began to pluck the necessary ingredients and shoving them into the basket, filling it quickly.

... He wasn't much of a dog person.

"Awright...! Ahyuup!" Doug intoned as he lifted the basket up, his bicep bulging with effort. "Urgh... Yeah, that should be enough, yes? ..."

Standing around in a garden- no, a small farm, really, with a basket full of goodies.

"... It's been a while." He muttered, before beginning to make his way back to the kitchen.