They're Just Babies, Right? (M)

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 23, 2021 19:43:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","anotheronedark"]

tag
notes
Mission go!
Maybe how eager the daycare worker was to get out for just a little bit should have been a clue to Tadashi about how much work he was about to undertake…
He’d been given notice that a nearby daycare was in need of assistance so that either they could run and grab supplies for some newly hatched baby Pokemon, or if someone could watch the baby Pokemon for just a little bit while the attendant went to grab what they needed… Tadashi hadn’t exactly been confident in his abilities to go shopping for things he likely had little to no idea about… So how hard could watching a couple of baby Pokemon for a little bit be?
[break]
The attendant quickly closed the door after Tadashi had arrived and introduced himself, leaving him out in the small fenced in grassy area just outside of the daycare, with Cassio and Ostinato sharing glances as to why they’d left in such a haste. Out in the grass though, among a series of small play area toys and slides were five baby Pokemon; a Tyrogue, a Cleffa, a Riolu, a Wynaut, and a Togepi, and as soon as Cassio rushed forward to stop the Tyrogue from picking up the Togepi to roll it down a slide, the group knew that they were going to have a lot more to take care of than they thought…
”No, wait, don’t do that!”

[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".charactername"] [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername b"]color:#A490FF; font-weight:lighter; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername i"]color:#A490FF; font-style:italic; [/newclass]
[newclass=".charactername a"]text-transform:uppercase; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON May 24, 2021 16:12:20 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle has met up with the daycare owner right as he had left to buy for supplies. having lived in slateport before, kyle's relationship with him has grown friendly enough that it was easy for him to ask the champion for a menial task of looking after the children.

being weak enough not to say no, kyle half-heartedly obliges.

he has most of the story down, with the daycare owner explaining most of it to kyle. the person he described easily comes into view as he approaches his property, one that kyle can see having difficulty controlling the situation.

"what's the status, soldier?" he asks at the field as soon as he reaches the place. his urshifu accompanies him, following the trainer closely behind. on his giant paws was a shopping bag from a hobby shop that only existed on hoenn's big cities.

"oh yeah, i'm friends with the guy that owns this place," he explains in case the other asks. "told me you might need help?"

@tadashiootori
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 25, 2021 2:24:56 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
Toddler Training Mission
Who would have thought that being babies, just hatched like the day before, and already they were rearing to go and capable of way more than Tadashi thought possible… He’d only just barely grabbed the Togepi out of the Tyrogue’s hands as Cassio nudged the fighting type down from the slide it was standing on when Tadashi looked up at the sound of a voice, someone approaching him. He was confused at first, soldier? Was he being serious?
”Uhm… I don’t know... “ he fumbled for a moment, moving to gently set the Togepi on the ground to wobble around some more as he wondered who this person even was… But then they spoke again, mentioning the day care owner, and the prospect of help. Now that was something that Tadashi could get on board with.
[break]
”Help? Yeah, help would be great, I didn’t know that babies could be so… Like this,” Tadashi admitted, glancing to the shape of the large bulky figure beside the frame of the male whom had spoken to him.
Behind him Cassio yipped again as he grappled with the Wynaut for a moment, trying to get a stick out of its mouth.

[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON May 26, 2021 16:07:40 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he cracks his knuckles as he hops over the fence, vaulting over it with a clean jump. as soon as he gets over it, he takes the bag in his urshifu's hands before beckoning his pokemon over. surprisingly enough, the large pokemon lands nimbly on its feet instead of crashing down with a shockwave.

"hey, wanna know a secret...?" his words linger before he speaks up his mind. "what's your name again? i don't think my friend mentioned it. call me kyle."

their meeting on the street has only been brief after all, having only been asked a favor and then left with the promise of compensation somewhere down the line.

"but anyways, wanna know a secret in dealing with them? you can say i'm experienced with raising baby pokemon."

six poochyenas, all bought from a breeder with questionable credentials, had all grown in his care. the discount on the package deal says it all, owing up to the fact that maybe his pokemon hadn't been really from a lineage of housepet mightyenas.

@tadashiootori
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON May 31, 2021 3:29:16 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
Toddler Training Mission
Doing his best to keep up with the baby Pokemon that were running around, Cassio managed to get the stick away from the Wynaut as he turned to watch the male that had approached them and the much larger bear figure move over the fence in kind, coming to join them in the little field play area.
Tadashi now had a Riolu climbing up his pant leg, wanting attention of some kind, maybe? When the male asked his name, introducing himself as Kyle.
[break]
"Oh, I'm Tadashi, it's nice to meet you Kyle," he answered, glancing in his general direction with his pale eyes, though he looked down at the small figure tugging at his shirt now having made it up his waist. Maybe it would be nicer to meet under different circumstances.
"I'm all ears, this is already a bit more than I expected," he replied, figuratively and literally, with a bit of a pleading undertone. He liked being involved with ranger things, he didn't want one bad mark or comment about his inability to do something hurt what he'd been working on thus far.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 1, 2021 14:32:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
he chuckles in the most cliche'd smug anime protagonist kinda way. with the bag of things he bought earlier on his hands, he motions for his urshifu to move forward with a flick of his head.

"this is how it's done."

the urshifu lumbers over the smaller, baby pokemon, it's hulking figure looming over them. when his shadow casts over, every little pokemon shifts their attention to the urshifu.

the fighting-type then raises its arms menacingly before releasing a terrifying roar.

most of the baby pokemon scurry away or freeze on the spot. kyle's lips move to a smile as he reminisces of the time where he had to fight for his life to get his own baby pokemon in line because he doesn't have the tools to intimidate them.

"that's how i usually deal with them. they need to know who's the alpha of the pack!"

on hindsight, maybe his pokemon were just built different and it was him that got conditioned to their way of how their social hierarchy worked.

@tadashiootori
mission
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 17:51:31 GMT
Deleted Avatar

tag
notes
Toddler Training Mission
At this rate, Tadashi really wasn't sure that he'd be able to handle these baby Pokemon on his own, so he really was grateful for the help that was being offered. Kyle seemed to be pretty confident about what was about to happen as Tadashi watched the shape of the much larger Pokemon lumber forward, but he certainly wasn't expecting what actually happened. The five baby Pokemon did in fact turn to look at the shadow that was looming over them now, but the incredibly load bellowing roar that followed caused quite a stir. Tadashi himself had to cover his ears, everything was completely fuzzy, he couldn't see even the shapes of his own feet with the onslaught of noise, and the babies were not having it. The Togepi burst into tears and the Cleffa tried to scurry away, the Riolu was ready to square up while the Tyrogue too tried to run away with the Cleffa. The Wynaut was the only one who didn't seem too bothered, though was blank faced and stuck in its same spot. But now Tadashi's ears were ringing so bad he couldn't even see where any of the babies were.
[break]
"Wait, wait," he began to panic a bit.
"Please don't do that again! Where did they all go, are they still in the fence," he asked, almost shouting now without being able to hear himself clearly, he needed to at least know that the babies were still in the area, but he needed to get his ears to stop ringing first... This was not how he wanted this to go, he couldn't do anything without being able to hear properly, and the last thing he needed was a baby to run away in fear from this giant Pokemon.

close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,456 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
POSTED ON Jun 11, 2021 16:11:58 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
kyle clears his throat before talking in a commanding voice. "get back here." his urshifu follows in a much lesser intensity than before- more like a huff, but an attempt to communicate with the baby pokemon nonetheless.

"oh, sure. sorry! but hey, they're not being annoying anymore at least."

the pokemon start to come out from their hiding spots slowly, as if trying the waters again. a glare from the urshifu gets them to obey as they move back to the open.

one good take to get from this was that kyle shouldn't be entrusted with children.

"oh, yeah, you need help anything else?" he asks. the favor was done, he supposed, since he doubted the baby pokemon will act up again with fear being embedded in them.

@tadashiootori
mission