Don't worry about it [s][c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 6, 2021 20:07:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","blackrose"]
Underneath the white and red parasol on this not-so-fine cloudy day, Rose Blackwood sat in her beach attire, wide-brimmed hat tipped downwards to hide her face, and what wasn't hidden by that was hidden by her own knees, buckled into her body. She was quietly sitting here, when few others tried to come to the beach on such a sunny day, for fear of rain. She was here, because it was peaceful, and it would quiet the storm of her mind with another potential storm.

She didn't want to be here. In fact, she'd much rather be cooped up somewhere she didn't need to think. Heck, she wanted to get up and leave right now because that would be better than seeing her.

A budding crush that she thought was going well did no such thing. In fact, it was like a disconnect had formed after the Vital Festival. Like Rose had done something wrong, which she thought she had for what felt like months, in actuality was weeks. Who could blame her? It was one of the first romantic attachments she thought she had, but then... gone. Like the wind.

No matter how much Delphi coiled around to keep her safe from the storm or rain didn't change her disposition. The Arbok going as far as to keep his forehead on Rose. Notably, he, as well as Rose's other Pokemon, had been the most grounding people in Rose's life.

With a pet to her lovely cobra, she turned her gaze out to see, looking out from a tiny opening in her wide-brimmed hat. Quietly watching the waves come to and frou.

"I'll be okay, Delphi. Really."

That was a lie.

---

Outfit & Hairstyle
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".blackrose"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blackrose b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#1E90FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blackrose i"]font-style:italic;color:#00BFFF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Jun 7, 2021 5:12:29 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[googlefont=Lato:300|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","hearmenand11"]
[attr="class","hearmenand33"]
Serena's Outfit
[attr="class","hearmenand22"]Serena grunted as she lurched over the side of a toilet in the restroom at the beach. Luckily she was in here on her own so she wouldn't be grossing anyone out. She groaned as she got up from where she was bent over and wiped at her mouth. Her anxiety was getting the better of her today. She was supposed to meet up with Rose today. The very same one she had been falling for. The very same one that she got so afraid of that she removed herself from her presence entirely.

She felt bad for Rose. It wasn't supposed to end up like this but every time Serena felt herself falling too deep she bailed. It's why she tried to turn away but he was so persistent. She still wasn't confident that she could be there for him the way he needed or wanted her to be but that would have to be dealt with later.

For now, she had stalled enough. It was time for her to meet up with Rose. Serena rinsed out her mouth a couple times and looked at herself in the mirror. She looked a little pale but she would be fine. Her Gardevoir and Purrloin hovered at her sides, concerned for her. Somehow she felt like she didn't deserve it.

After all, she was the one who put herself in this predicament in the first place. If she'd just been honest and straight forward from the jump maybe she and Rose could've been friends instead. She sighed, that was an oversight on her part. She truly believed this to be the best course of action for her to take. Unfortunately she didn't realize she would be torn and tied between two people her heart equally wants.

"Congratulations Serena. You've thoroughly fucked yourself." she said as she stared back at her reflection in the mirror. With a sniff splashed some water on her face and quickly left the restroom. It was a cloudy and overcast day, which was fine because that meant there wouldn't be too many prying eyes here on the beach.

She took a moment to work on her breathing as she inhaled and exhaled deeply. There was no more avoiding all of this, she just hoped that she could apologize to Rose properly. She never intended to hurt her or string her along or ghost her. But in the process of fearing she might hurt her deeply if she pursued a relationship with her she ended up hurting her deeply anyway.

"Maybe I'm just better off alone." she sighed, at this rate she was doing nothing ruining other innocent people's lives with her baggage. But she was too caught up to quit this thing now. She checked her watch and walked towards where she was supposed to be meeting Rose. It didn't take her long to reach and once she did she felt her heart sink in her stomach. She was curled up in the beach chair with her head down.

Her earlier playfulness and confidence seemed to be long gone and Serena could only attribute it to being her fault. Arceus, she was just an ass. She wrapped the sheer wrap around herself tighter as she approached her. Still hanging off in a distance she tried to muster up the courage to speak. "Hello, Rose." she said softly.

---

-- | xtra notes: @rose

F*CK A PRINCESS,
i ' m - a - k i n g .
dandy ♫

[newclass=.hearmenand11]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/f1/57/vx0AYu5h_o.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#fef5bd!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #131313;border-right:2px solid #131313;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand33]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .hearmenand33]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Jun 8, 2021 3:00:22 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[attr="class","blackrose"]
It wasn't Rose who caught wind of Serena approaching. It was Delphi who noticed first, and for what must have been the first time anyone had ever seen the Arbok, his expression was vile, and hateful. He loved his trainer more than anything, and to see her so hurt, knowing who was the cause had him give the meanest look an Arbok could. As much of a teddy as Delphi usually was, now he was devoid of anything. He was Rose's shield. He was her wall, and as long as he was here, no one would hurt her.

But emotional damage isn't so easily patched. Delphi could be hurt with the same emotional pain, to be abandoned, to be thrown away like a tool, to die without ever expressing to his trainer how he feels, but to Delphi, he could never empathize with Rose was going through. What she was going through was similar, but it wasn't the same. Humans had more nuance. There was complexity in conversation, while for Delphi, the usual goal was follow orders, and if she needs you, make sure you're there.

This is why, when Serena came in, distant with that soft way of speech, his expression was so vicious. He couldn't understand what Rose was going through. He almost hissed, and the art that was upon the kobra's face appeared monstrous. Rose could say a word, and he wouldn't hesitate. For Rose, he would become a monster.

But a hand on him stopped him. It took him back to being just Delphi, the sweetest Arbok he could be. His gaze was on Rose, and the way his eyes scanned Rose, he could see a small smile upon her lips.

If Rose were to cry, Delphi could take it. But that was the worst part. He knew she was lying in that smile.

"Serena."

Her response lacked that pride it often held onto. Instead, it was as if her pride evaporated a little. Serena would know why, but Rose continued to smile. A fake smile for fake bravado, and as faux as she was, she would keep that expression the whole time.

"Thought you might not show up, since you've been avoiding me since the festival."

Gonna need a Revive for that one.

Back-handed. She at least kept the venom, despite how fake her sheepish smile was. Whether or not Serena deserved that, that was for her to decide. Delphi, on the other hand, slithered behind Rose, allowing there to be not even a single obstacle between them. Talking directly. Delphi's gaze shifted to her. Never once did his tail not surround Rose though, keeping her safe. If she would fall, he would catch her.

Rose tipped her hat up, and Serena could see her face. Her eyes weren't puffy and red, but they did seem to reflect any damage done to them. A colder Rocket overall.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?"

---

Outfit & Hairstyle
[attr="class","wizzcred"]❤ wizz

[newclass=".blackrose"]margin-top:25px; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blackrose b"]font-weight:lighter;color:#1E90FF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".blackrose i"]font-style:italic;color:#00BFFF; [/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
[newclass=".wizzcred a"]font: monospace; font-size: 10px; color:#7a7a7a;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
POSTED ON Jun 10, 2021 2:39:34 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[googlefont=Lato:300|Playfair+Display]
[attr="class","hearmenand11"]
[attr="class","hearmenand33"]
Serena's Outfit
[attr="class","hearmenand22"]Things went about as well as she expected them to. Rose's Arbok was aggressive, well deserved though. Serena didn't flinch but her pokémon were the ones to move. Serena never once took her eyes off Rose as she assessed the state she was in. Caspurr's fur bristled as he took a low protective stance in front of her. Serenity, her Gardevoir crossed her arms, not wanting to deal with the tension having dealt with Serena's emotional break down the past hour and half.

Still, she was ready should things get messy, she wouldn't let anyone get close to Serena. "Easy," Serena said softly as she briefly glanced at her pokémon. They looked at her for confirmation and she nodded. Force wouldn't be needed here, not with Rose. Turning her dark orbs back on the woman that was curled up she made note of the lack of genuine emotion in her words or expressions.

Or rather, it wasn't that they lacked emotion, they had plenty. Bitterness, sadness, anger. She could feel it without having to look into it deeply and she completely understood. "Thought you might not show up, since you've been avoiding me since the festival." her words were laced with venom and Serena was prepared to take the brunt of it, it's the least that she deserved after all.

"To be honest," she began, "I almost didn't. But I figured you deserved better." it was the truth, she came because she was prepared to bear all to Rose and to apologize for her behavior. While they never were officially together, her behavior was inexcusable. Serena knew what it was like to be broken due to someone else's mishandling and she didn't want to be the reason Rose would have issues when she finally found someone that could support her and love her the way she deserved to be loved.

"To what do I owe the pleasure?" she asked as she locked gazes with her. Serena wrapped her arms around herself as she turned her gaze towards the cloudy sky. It would rain soon, but that was fine with her. Turning her gaze back to Rose she scratched her cheek. "To talk, actually." she said as she lowered herself to sit on the sand. She figured she wouldn't be allowed to get closer anyway.

"I owe you an explanation....and an apology." she began with a sigh. "You don't have to accept them but you do deserve them nonetheless. I'm sorry it took me so long to actually be able to be honest with you." She said as she pulled a knee close to her chest. She wasn't sure where to begin but she couldn't or shouldn't prolong this any more than she already had.

"I..." she began with a soft voice. "You weren't wrong in what you felt. There was something special between us. And I did have feelings for you. Still do." she said with a soft voice. "However, I can't be the person you need me to be. I knew that and I attempted to pursue something with you despite that. Simply because I was selfish and needy and I wanted you." she said as she ran her fingers through her hair.

"I enjoyed your company, and everything I said to you was true. But I realized at the picnic festival that I'm still broken from my last relationship." She frowned as she thought back on everything. "I got scared. Scared of falling too hard too fast. Scared of repeating the same mistakes I did in the past. But most of all I was scared of hurting you like how my ex hurt me." she said with a spiteful chuckle towards herself, "Good luck that did me. I ended making things worse because of my fears."

She sighed once more. "It is no excuse for how I treated you. But I am deeply sorry Rose. I didn't mean to hurt you. In my delusional head I thought this was the best choice, for the both of us. You're great, funny, beautiful, smart and talented. You deserve someone better, someone not fucked up like me." she said as she finally turned her gaze back to her.

If Rose wanted to know more about how Serena ended up this way she would explain it to her. But this was the truth. Serena still was adamantly working on herself. Her ex left her shattered and there were still a lot of pieces to pick up and put back together. Some were damaged beyond repair. But Serena couldn't trust herself to seriously devote herself to someone.

Even Danny would one day reach the extent of what Serena could give. As soon as they reached that point Serena would be alone again, it was painful to think about but they had no choice. After all, Serena didn't deserve happiness. Not after everything she's done, and everything she intended to do.

---

-- | xtra notes: @rose

F*CK A PRINCESS,
i ' m - a - k i n g .
dandy ♫

[newclass=.hearmenand11]float:left;margin-top:-25px;background-image:url(https://images2.imgbox.com/f1/57/vx0AYu5h_o.png);width:250px;height:450px;-webkit-clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);clip-path: polygon(0 0, 0 100%, 75% 100%, 100% 50%, 75% 0);[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22]margin-left:12px;width:230px;height:355px;overflow:auto;padding-right:8px;text-align:justify;font:9px Verdana;color:#EEE;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar]width:5px!important;background-color:#999!important;border:0px!important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb]width:5px!important;background-color:#fef5bd!important;border:0px;important;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand22::-webkit-scrollbar-track]border-left:2px solid #131313;border-right:2px solid #131313;[/newclass][newclass=.hearmenand33]z-index:10;position:relative;float:left;margin-top:363px;margin-left:-240px;opacity:0;background-color:rgba(25,25,25,0.8);width:150px;padding:10px;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass][newclass=div:hover .hearmenand33]opacity:1;transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-webkit-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;-moz-transition:ease-in-out 800ms;[/newclass]