twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
click
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 6:07:18 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Frazzled. Yet again, faced with his own limitations. Couldn't use Dig or Bulldoze without damaging the submarine. Sand Tomb lacked raw power. He'd have to experiment with non-spoken vocal commands whenever other opportunities arose. A bead of sweat rolled from his forehead. Giona tilted his head back so it soaked into the side of his undercut rather than his shirt collar.

Flygon was struck and flipped vertically. This time, it stood up much slower. A low-A, somewhere between genuinely whistling and simply expelling air. Flygon keyed in on the exhaling part, responding to Pangoro with Dragon Breath. A forceful blast of orange-tinted air, tinged with a Dragon's jouissance.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
click
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 7:56:42 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]repetition leads to familiarity — pangoro expects the DRAGON BREATH, knows to duck under the flames to once again throw an uppercut in the form of a POWER-UP PUNCH.

"is that the only command you know?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
click
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 22:22:42 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Frazzled. He'd been given a subtle but not overlooked reminder that he came up short. Surely... only Dig would really pierce through the Sub and cause lasting damage. Either way, Dragon Breath wasn't working, and Sand Tomb lacked power.

Flygon was struck and rolled over. This time, it stood up much slower. It'd be over if he didn't think fast. Giona produced a series of low notes, more percussive than actually carrying any melody. Flygon seemed to recall its days of stomping around as a Trapinch, responding to Pangoro with Bulldoze. A fit of thrashing that tried to take out Pangoro's legs from under it.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
click
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 11:48:19 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]pangoro's legs give in to the rushing BULLDOZE. it falls back, slams into the ground, and struggles to regain its breath. it shifts on the ground, spinning to stand back up.

"that's two so far."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
click
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 5:06:43 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Excited. He was still on his last legs, sure. But this seemed like a genuine breakthrough. An idea came. His eyes lit up, and a weak grin formed.

Flygon turned back, chirping at Giona. He whistled a note that started slightly above his low-A, and descended. Flygon turned back, eyes narrowing at the stunned Pangoro. It kicked up a storm of loose sand and dust particles, using Sand Tomb. A thin layer of grit to try and deprive Pangoro of solid ground to stand on.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
click
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 9:51:40 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the uncertainty in what's being used is enough to give giona the advantage. pangoro falls victim to the SAND TOMB, unable to escape.

"that's three."

unsurprisingly, the battle doesn't end until one side is unable to continue.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
click
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 3:55:23 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Getting closer. He had to prove that he could simply do all of the moves, right? Giona nervously readjusted his tie, having failed the test up until very recently.

Flygon turned back, chirping at Giona. He whistled a note that started slightly above his low-A, and ascended in a slide-whistle fashion. Flygon turned back, eyes narrowing at the stunned Pangoro. It kicked up a storm of loose sand and dust particles, using Dig. A big enough mound under Pangoro formed for Flygon to take cover and prepare to lunge without having to bury itself in the floor of the sub.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
click
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 15:55:08 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]pangoro continues to linger through the pain of the SAND TOMB, even surviving the DIG that strikes at him from below. it coils in pain, tensing, but it knows its duty.

meekly, it throws a BULLET PUNCH at the flygon.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
click
POSTED ON Jul 13, 2021 21:39:53 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona was failing the test thus far. It seemed odd then, that Pangoro just kept using Bullet Punch. A move that wasn't proving effective thus far. What happened then might've been Giona's most boneheaded decision so far. He opted to use an ineffective move in return, just to satisfy the criteria of the test.

Flygon was struck and rolled. It turned back, chirping at Giona. It seems they were both worn out. He whistled a series of short notes. Flygon turned back, eyes narrowing at the wavering Pangoro. It got in close and tried to dig in with its pointed jaws, using Crunch. A move that called back to its habit of chomping on air and pretending to talk as a Trapinch.

Notes: Crunch.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
click
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 10:51:25 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]five is good enough; for now, at least.

the CRUNCH sinks into pangoro's skin, and though it's not nearly enough to faint it, the pangoro is recalled all the same.

after a flash of red, it disappears.

"good, giona."

stepping forward, beckett asks:

"you have the basics down. do any of your other pokemon respond to your whistling?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
click
POSTED ON Jul 14, 2021 19:38:27 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona managed to pass the test, or not. Either way, Pangoro was recalled. The test was effectively over, as Theo relented, and stepped forward to address him. Giona dug out a capsule to give Flygon a much-needed break.

Flygon was recalled by a red beam into a ball, which then minimized itself and clipped onto Giona’s belt. He nodded, stepping forward to meet Mr. Beckett so he wouldn’t have to raise his voice.

“I’ve been doing whistling with Flygon and Manectric, since I’ve had them the longest. I’ve tried introducing it to a Luxray gifted by a Ms. Wolfe, and a promising Gastly I found on a hike.”

Notes: Denouement.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
click
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 11:51:22 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"you're on the right track."

all giona needs now is a little push. thankfully, that's why he's here.

"i'll teach you clicks as well. then we'll work on hand signals."

the same hand signals had once taught him.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
click
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 20:18:03 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona managed to pass the test, or not. Either way, Pangoro was recalled. Theo saw fit to introduce the concept of a new form of wordless commands. Another vector of attack, that could avoid prediction slightly better than whistling. The prospect of it was exciting.

Giona started to call out Luxray from a capsule clipped to his belt, in anticipation of another battle beginning. Though, the mountain lion saw fit to curl up and lay down on the floor. Its tail swished, a surefire sign of alertness, but it knew to keep the powder dry for now.

“I’ve made some progress with this one. Manectric and Flygon are much further along because I’ve had them for four years already. I can’t recall if I told you this already, but they were interfering with my work at a landscaping company. I caught them so nobody would have to hurt them, or call the Rangers.”

Notes: damn, okay!!!
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,398 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
click
POSTED ON Jul 16, 2021 11:50:41 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"you didn't."

not that it matters. beckett simply moves the conversation along.

"clicks and whistles work the same way. assign a sound, a pattern, or a rhythm to a move, then make sure your pokemon understand it. for example,"

his tongue curls, clicking at least eight different variations.

"now you try."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

planetofthevapes

catello casimiro
he him
twenty-four
june 20th
Mauville City
ask him
rocket member
executive
125 height
125 height
awards
342 posts
part of
TAG WITH @jonah
giona ferrara
click
POSTED ON Jul 19, 2021 6:22:21 GMT
giona ferrara Avatar

Giona managed to pass the test, or not. Either way, the conversation was moved along. A new vector for commanding pokemon was opened up again.

"I'll be sure to practice this whenever I get the chance to."

Giona looked to Luxray and smirked. Weirdly enough, he thought he'd be able to make tongue commands work better for this one. It seemed like that was how the taciturn cat communicated with the world. Giona started to slowly roll his tongue, like a cat purring so hard that it's vibrating, looking at Luxray the entire time. Luxray responded by using Charge. It made the same tongue vocalization, this time marked by the occasional pop of static electricity.

“This is... wow. This is eye-opening. Thanks.”

Notes: damn, okay!!!