played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 16:56:32 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    The bartender couldn’t help but to notice the commotion. So he placed a whole bottle of alcohol in front of Claude, without looking, Claude muttered a ”Thanks,”. He grabbed the bottle and tilt his head to chug down some of the alcoholic content. He will definitely have a bad hungover the next morning, but he didn’t give a fuck.

Claude wanted to puke at Lars attempt to shift the conversation. But whatever, he didn’t have the energy to care enough about his brother’s shitty quality of conversation. ”Ugh, I don’t know, like ten years ago?” he answered truthfully before chugging down more of the alcohol.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 17:57:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The sight of the bottle being offered to Claude made his eyebrows go up for a few moments, before turning to the glass that was resting near his hand.

Downing the contents in one go, the same happened—the bottle of whisky that he had been drinking was finally set down in front of him as well, along with a bucket of ice and a pair of tongs.

Much tempted as he was to ask about their sister, he decided not to.

Claude was looking like a wreck already the moment he’d started drinking from the bottle and abandoning the glass altogether.

Lars could only sigh as he watched his younger brother get completely shitface drunk. Shrugging, he continued to pour himself whisky, switching out the ice in the process as he did so.

Shit, why was he so bad at conversation like this?!

No, I shouldn’t… I’d rather not. Not yet at least, he thought as he knocked back another drink in one go.

“Do… do you have anything more… you want to tell me?”

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 19:07:55 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude turned to look at his brother. He didn’t say anything, as if he was thinking. After a few seconds passed by, he spoke, ”I’d say that I am ashamed to be related with someone that has your style of hair, but I doubt that’s what you want. So what about we play a drinking game? Each of us have to ask a question regarding ourselves, and the other person have to guess.  If the person guessed wrong, the person has to drink. Then the other person has to reveal the true answer.”.

Immediately after he presented the game, he spoke again, not letting Lars to say anything, ”I’ll start, how old am I?”.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 19:23:45 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars was waiting for the other to keep talking, however the next words that came out of Claude’s mouth made him stop for a few moments and outright gape at him.

“You—” he began, stammering as the evident potshot was taken with his choice of hairstyle, “…you insultin’ my hair, fratello?!”

Before he could get another word out, the younger man had proposed a game. Simple enough.

The question was, who was going to get shitfaced drunk faster.

Idiota, you think I don’t know that?” he said with a snort as he swirled his half-empty glass around. Doing some quick mental math, he surmised…

“Twenty-two. Although you act like a big kid…” he added with a smirk.

“Well, I’ll throw the question back at you, how old do you think I am now?”

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 19:32:30 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude didn’t mind Lars’ whining about his insult on his hair. In fact, it was as if he didn’t even hear it. Though he made a mental note that one of Lars’ biggest tick is his hairstyle. 

Claude nodded as his brother answered correctly. He was quite touched as well that Lars didn’t forget. He of course did not show that sign of weakness on his face. He did agree on the fact that he’s a big kid though.

When he was asked the same question, he was going to say thirty, but he didn’t want to. ”Forty.” he said. Then continued to drink some of the alcohol from the bottle. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 19:51:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

The audacity!

Lars could only look at him with silent incredulity, before smacking a palm to his face.

Che palle, you’re making me way too old! Drink, you bitch, I’m only twenty-nine! he rumbled a few moments later, taking a sip from the whisky that remained in his glass, before pouring himself another serving.

“Well, what’s your next question?” he continued, extremely unimpressed with how Claude had chosen to be petty.

So be it then, you want to be petty? I can do that too, cazzo, he thought as he waited for the next axe blow to fall. Either way, he was still waiting for Claude to take a drink, because why the hell was he trying to make him much older than he appeared!

How dare, how very dare, fratello!

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 20:07:24 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Seeing the reaction from his brother made him cackled so hard he had to bend over. ”Isn’t twenty-nine still old though? AHAHA!” he said before continuing his laughters.

When he cooled down a little, he picked up the bottle of alcohol and chugged a bunch of the liquid without even realising how much he was consuming. He then dropped the bottle back on the counter with an Aah...”

Claude picked up the various words that he didn’t know the meaning of from Lars. But from the way Lars was using it, he guessed that it must have been curse words. He smirked, ”What second language did I picked up?”.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 20:15:27 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars watched his younger brother take an alarming swig from the bottle, no remorse whatsoever.

He also wondered how much of an alcoholic tolerance Claude had, the younger man was starting to look quite red around the ears…

The moment he heard the boisterous laughter, he gave his brother the most pointed eye roll he could manage. Much as he wanted to summon the deity for a little help in the snarking department, he decided against it—for now.

Okay, that one was a bit of a woozy.

If he was going over his knowledge of the regions right…

“Did you?” he said, blinking at him and holding the glass, ready to take his drink. “Doesn’t sound like you did. Unless you had some hook-up with a Kalosian model or something. I know how dirty Kalosian can get so… that’s my guess.”

He was bracing himself for it, because this one he didn’t know the answer to.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 20:32:33 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude crossed his legs and rested his arms on his upper leg to face his brother better. He was curious what the guess would be. ”Tch tch tch,” Claude swayed his head. ”You should’ve stick with your guts, and you should keep in mind that your brother doesn’t give a fuck about anything, so why the fuck would he learn any other language? You were right about the Kalosians though, they were very good in bed,”.

Claude began to find it difficult to focus his vision. But he didn’t want to think about that yet, he still had to play the card he had set up for, ”And you!” he exclaimed while attempted to point his finger at Lars, but missed slightly. ”You learnt Alto Marean didn’t you?”. He began to grin ear to ear. A drunk chuckle then brought and he then went to drink more alcohol from the bottle, before realising that he had emptied it. ”Oh. Mister drinkkks! I need moarrrr.”.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 22:38:25 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He had accepted his fate—although the comment about Kalosians in bed made him quirk an eyebrow at the younger man.

Holy shit, don’t tell me you’re a ho, he thought as he knocked back the entire serving he’d poured himself down in one. As he reached to pour himself another serving, the last of the whisky came rushing out of the bottle, and he realized he was out of a drink too.

“Same whisky, please, I know you have more than one bottle of this,” he gestured when the bartender had come over with the same brand of whisky he’d managed to single-handedly demolish while talking with the younger man.

He then let out a snort as Claude attempted to jab him with a finger but ended up missing instead.

“I’m over here, idiota,” he snarked with a chuckle as the second bottle was placed down in front of him, first one taken away. After he’d cracked the seal off, he then fixed himself another glass and made it a point to pour himself enough, before drinking it as slowly as he could in Claude’s line of vision.

“I had to. They wouldn’t talk to me unless we spoke the same language,” he said with an off-hand wave as the glass was emptied, before he poured himself another serving.

“Since you mentioned you give no fucks at all,” he drawled once his glass was full again, and he knew his idiot brother wouldn’t be able to guess this, “…my next question is: can you guess what my favorite cocktail drink is?”

Good luck, fratello.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 7:54:44 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    ”Psshh, what assholes. Only wanting to talk with people who speak their tongue.” he commented. The bartender corked open another bottle of alcohol. Claude went straight for it, consuming more of the toxic beverage. 

The younger man quirked an eyebrow at his brother. It took him a while, but it was a guessing game, so he guessed, ”A Mojito?”.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 8:25:12 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Can you blame them, it’s a cultural thing…” he said with a sigh. Man, that really brought him back. Almost nobody back there spoke with him unless it was one of the house help, and they were the ones who taught him most of his Alto Marean.

Of course this also included some very interesting words.

At his brother’s answer, he cracked another smirk. While he had no idea how high (or how low) exactly Claude’s limit was, he could see the inevitable on the horizon.

“That’s one of several. However, the drink I normally default to when I want to have a good time, is called the Bramble.”

Even if he wasn’t supposed to take a drink, he took a drink all the same, because the name of his favorite cocktail drink made him remember something so suddenly, and he didn’t want to reveal it in front of the other.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 8:39:31 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    ”Ugh,” Claude muttered before taking another gulp from the bottle. ”Well now you guess mine,”, his speech was a little bit slurred, but not too much so others can still understand what he was saying. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 11:22:14 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars was trying so hard not to chuckle now.

“I thought you said you didn’t give any fucks about most things,” he muttered from behind the glass he was taking another sip out of.

“I’m betting you don’t have a favorite.”

He still kept an eye on Claude’s complexion, though, the other man was starting to turn a ruddy shade of pink. Just how low was his alcoholic tolerance anyway?

Either way, he was prepared to drink another glass.

Tonight was apparently a new night of learning things, starting with how to get his younger brother drunk the quickest so he’d start talking more openly.

And I thought he didn’t give a single shit at all, he thought with a bemused expression on his face.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 11:37:09 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude laughed at the answer, though he seemed genuinely happy. ”See? Now you get it, I don’t give any fucks about ANYTHING!” he exclaimed the last part with both his hands up in the air. As if he was cheering.

Drunk, he took another several gulps of alcohol. ”Now i riddle you this, what, my favourite colour, hiccup, is?”.