3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 12:19:32 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Okay now this was getting ridiculous.

“I thought you didn’t give a shit about anything at all?” he countered back, before rolling his eyes pointedly.

“You going all sarcastic on me now, fratello?” he added with a snort.

Drinking another measure of whisky, he then eyed the empty glass in his hand before setting it down and getting more ice and topping it up once more.

“You try’na make me laugh?” he continued with the hint of a smirk on his face. “Unless this is a trick question you’re springing on me last-second, then haha, Claude.”

Either way, a drink was going to be had.

“I’d say nothing, again. You’re such a weirdo.”

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 12:29:31 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Seeing his brother’s reaction to the question made him holler. He was really enjoying his time. ”Boop! Wrong!” he said as he pressed the nose of the other man. Chuckling at the move he did. 

It was definitely the alcohol, as he truthfully said, ”I like purple,”. Then went on to drink some of the contents in the bottle of alcohol. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
is gonna be the loneliest
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 12:42:06 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Okay, that was a surprise—

“You actually give a fuck about some things, after all,” he conceded as he knocked back the glass in one and set it back down on the counter. How… how much alcohol had he downed, now?

Either way, he wanted to seize the opportunity.

“Okay, this may not be an actual question-question as per the game we’re playin’ right now,” he began once he’d considered his options. “But humor me, okay? I just want to know, why purple? Does it mean anything special to you?”

Okay, there, time to get him talking—or rambling—again.

He hoped Claude wouldn’t notice what he was up to.

While he waited for the answer, he poured himself another measure of whisky and swirled the glass around.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 12:46:25 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Drunk Claude didn’t understand the reason behind the question. ”I just think it looks nice,”. his speech slurred a bit.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 12:59:34 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

Lars was nonplussed with the way Claude answered.

“You do you,” he said with a hand on the younger man’s shoulder. “Even if you said you don’t give a fuck about most things, at least there’re some things you like.”

In the back of his mind, he was already howling with laughter, because holy shit Claude looked ready to tip over if he flicked the younger man’s forehead!

“Okay, my turn now.”

He fell silent for a few moments, before… wait, was that question even appropriate for him to ask? Well, it was a guessing game after all, so…

Plus it was also a way for him to catch up with the other, even though he was sure Claude may not remember all of this the next day.

“What do you think my preference for companionship is? We’re talkin’ relationship-level here. Do you think I’m straight, or on another color of the spectrum that exists?”

Okay maybe he cheated because that was two questions, but the second one was easier for drunk Claude to understand.

At least that’s what he hoped.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 13:06:29 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    ”Ugh, whatever,” he said while brushing his brother’s hand away from his shoulder. 

Claude took a while to process the question. He didn’t quite understand it, but he did understand the last line. He snickered, ”I bet you like to fuck with your hair,”. A laughter bursted out of him as he said that. he couldn’t contain his amusement as he laughed even more, holding his stomach as the laughters pained him a bit. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 13:16:31 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

He was thankful he’d started drinking as soon as he’d gotten back to Hoenn.

Going up in a drinking game like this was nothing to Lars now, but put this back a few years ago, and both of them would’ve passed out shitfaced drunk due to how much alcohol they were consuming at an alarming rate!

Seeing that the two weren’t going anywhere, the bartender returned each with a bowl of peanuts, setting one down in front of Claude, and another in front of Lars. He was thankful for this, and grabbed a handful before knocking them back in one go as well.

What the fuck, man! I’m not an alien! Hair-fucking has got to be one of the grossest things you’ve ever mentioned!” he exclaimed as he rolled his eyes once he was finished eating the first mouthful of peanuts.

“Is that like, your actual answer? Idiota,” he grumbled as he let out a huff and another pointed eye roll.

Oy.

“Bitch, I’m not straight, but I’m not full-on gay either. I’m bisexual,” he replied a few moments later. “Now drink up, you asshat.”

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 14:06:05 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude picked one of peanuts and placed it in his mouth. He slowly crunched on it as he savoured the sweet nutty taste of it. Once he was done with that peanut he went for another one, constantly munching on it throughout the conversation. 

”Ahaha now it is the grossest thing you’ve said too!” he laughing at his own sentence. Clearly amused. He grinned at the question of confirmation, ”Hehe, yea,”

His eyebrows raised at the revelation and his mouth formed a grin, ”Hey! What d’ya know, I like sucking dicks too.” he cheered while raising the bottle up, then proceeded to chug some of its contents down his throat. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 14:36:56 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You said it first! Gross,” he retorted with another eye roll. He wasn’t going to allow himself to be sassed down like that, oh hell no. Definitely not.

That last sentence was a revelation to him, though.

“So what is it then, are you bi like I am or just ‘eyes on the guys’ whenever you go out partying?” he followed up, hoping the other would forget to ask a question and just keep talking like this.

He knew that the not-drunk Claude was tight-lipped, however shitfaced-drunk Claude was another matter entirely.

“You’re lookin’ pretty rosy there. You sure you can go back to wherever you’re staying?” he inquired after he’d downed another handful of peanuts and whisky.

His bottle was almost empty, too. He wondered if the other would just crash down on the bar and sleep like a baby—wait, that was going to be a problem.

He didn’t know if the other stayed at a hotel or somewhat, and even if he did, where the fuck was he going to bring Claude? To his place in Verdanturf?

Yikes.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 16:44:37 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    ”Yesss, that eyes on the guys thing.” he answered truthfully, though his words were more slurred than before. He drank more of the alcohol, his head tilted backwards to finish the whole content of the bottle. 

Claude squinted his eyes at the other man, ”Pshh I’ll crash in a nearby hotel or something. If not I can always hook up with someone and crash at theirs,” he grinned at the second idea, while his head turned to look at the other guys in the bar. Looking for any potential hooker. The way he said it made it sound like it wasn’t his first time doing it though.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 20:19:50 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“You’ve had two entire bottles. You’re looking pretty wasted, you realize that?” Lars drawled after downing his next measure. Checking the bottle, he saw that he had enough for one more drink before even he was tapped out of the second bottle, too.

Oh shit, you’re acting like a ho, he thought as he watched Claude snipe the area, looking for potential… well, men to hook up with for the evening.

Che palle, fratello, you’re pretty much ready to collapse. You’re not going to be able to pick up a guy in this state,” he said after eating another handful of peanuts. “Just look at you.”

Sighing, he turned to the bartender and apologized.

“Sorry, he’s really drunk,” he said with a sheepish hand wave. “I’ll take it from here.”

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:53:16 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    The drunk man snorted, ”No,” he replied with a snarky answer.

The grown up man frowned like a baby had lost its toy. ”They don’t want me?”. He then rested his body on top of the counter. Legitimately sad of the thought that people did not want to have sex with him.

”Ughhhh,” the ungrateful man whined at his brother.

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 22:08:54 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

If it was possible for him to bury his face in his hands, he’d have done so already. After pouring the last serving of whisky into the glass and downing it, he watched as his younger brother acted like a complete man child.

“Yeah, no, you’d be way too easy to take advantage of, look at you,” he chided, watching with unamused eyes as the other collapsed on the bar counter. “We’re getting out of here, I mean it.”

The bartender was about to grab a third bottle, but Lars shook his head.

“I have to get this man child home,” he explained with a sheepish gesture. It didn’t take too long for Lars to find his younger brother’s wallet and pull out a card before handing it over to the bartender.

“For his two bottles.”

Much tempted as he was to be an ass and say ‘for all four bottles’ he wasn’t like that… thankfully.

A few moments later, another card was waved in the bartender’s direction, pointing to what he’d emptied. “That one’s for mine,” he said, waiting for the two cards to be returned back to them.

Pay up, get the hell out of here, and get this asshat back to his place in Verdanturf.

Geez, could Claude still stand at this point?!

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
twenty-two
homosexual
civilian
12 height
12 height
awards
73 posts
part of
TAG WITH @claude
claude anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 22:46:17 GMT
claude anderson Avatar
    Claude noticed that the bartender was gone and returned some cards to his brother. ”Wait are we leaving?” his head perked up. ”I should get my Salamence to get me back home,” he muttered as he rustled his jacket pocket. 

close tab

played by

Ven

Lars
he / him / his
thirty-two
july 26
Sootopolis, Hoenn
don’t know, don’t care
ranger & courier
ex-head ranger
tonight
1210 height
1210 height
nessuno vince.
awards
3,796 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lars
Laurence Anderson
the bottle war [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 23:06:59 GMT
Laurence Anderson Avatar

“Just shush and come on, get up!” he said with an exasperated sigh as he took back both cards once the bartender returned. He’d have to return the other one later, but for now, Claude was looking extremely woozy.

“See, if you picked up some guy now they’d take advantage of you too quickly. Don’t want that shit happening to you and ending up on the morning news because of some scandal, do you,” he added with a pointed eye roll as he helped the other out of the bar.

“No, you’re coming with me,” he said as he attempted to bat away the Pokéball that Claude was trying to pull out. He quickly summoned his Gallade, Gareth, who blinked at the sight of the two of them once they were out of the bar.

“Get us home,” was all he said, before the Gallade nodded, touching Lars as he held onto his extremely inebriated younger brother and the three disappeared with a soft pop.