country music sucks

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 9:51:58 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Tallulah had been staying in Oldale Town with her grandparents. it was one of the reasons she had moved to Hoenn, wanting to be stationed there after her tour of duty in Alola. as she stretched, rising with the sun, she would pull on her outfit for the day and get to work. as old folks, her grandma and grandpa couldn't tend to their house as well as they used to.

that's where she came in.

with some basic chores done by noon, she had the rest of the day to do whatever she needed. first stop was the PokeMart, where she'd pick up some groceries and items. the line was long, for it was lunch. mostly older folks stood waiting for medicine and Pokémon items. Tallulah would wait patiently until it was her turn, then depart the store.

checking to see she had everything on the list, she made a beeline to a coffee shop. ranger duties were not calling her today and she had always fancied coffee since she was able to drink it. after ordering a very basic drink and an egg-and-bacon wrap, she'd turn to see the tables were nearly full. approaching one at random, she smiles sheepishly.

"ya mind if I sit here?" she asks the person.
close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
this flame will keep on blazing no matter what.
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 11:25:06 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    Mason wondered around the land of Hoenn again. This time, he stopped in the sweet Oldale Town. He loved the atmosphere there. Everything was so peaceful.

One day, after he trained his Pokemon in the nearby forest, he decided to relax and unwind in a cafe. His back leaned against the wooden chair, and his eyes were fixated on the novel he was reading. A half-eaten croissant laid on top of the table along with a cup of iced latte. 

A voice pulled him back from his fantasy world. He looked up to the owner of the voice. ”Oh, no, not at all.” he answered and immediately closed the book and set it on his lap. Not knowing how to act afterwards, he awkwardly grab his cup of iced latte and took a sip from it.

@tallulah

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 18:09:46 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"thank you kindly, sir."

she would reply, taking a seat across from him. the plate that housed her food was getting a bit hot so she'd place it on the surface of the table eagerly. true, the lad was younger than her but she was ever polite.

with her iced coffee placed down as well, she wipes both hands on her plaid light jacket before extending one heartily to the lad. "Tallulah Colt" she says to him, introducing herself accordingly.

"sorry - see that you're reading a book" she chuckles "hope I didn't interrupt a good one."

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 18:37:12 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    ”Oh,”, Mason hurriedly wiped his then wet hand, due to the water that had condensed on the cup he touched. ”Mason Moore,” he replied with a smile, his hand shook hers. Despite being very shy, Mason can be quite friendly, especially when the other person is friendly as well.

”Oh, this, no, it’s okay,” he sheepishly chuckled at the mention of the book. ”I can read this any other time,” he declared, still quite shy with the sudden social interaction. 

@tallulah 

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 21, 2021 19:28:59 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Mason Moore. a strong, suitable name for a young lad. she shakes his hand heartily before letting go. perhaps her grip was a bit too much? he seemed timid but willing to talk. "aye?" Tallulah glances at the cover "I ain't one for reading much" she admits with a sigh "too busy these days."

not for lack of trying! she just... never found the time to sit down and read. Tallulah would prefer having a whole evening reserved for the hobby. though she was loathe to admit her favorite genre was romance. "you from these parts, Mason?" she gestured around them, to outside the café "just got here myself. stayin' with my grandfolks."

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 8:07:06 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    Mason simply nod his head a little when the other mentioned how she was too busy to take up some reading. He was just quite unsure of what to reply to that. Probably there was no reply needed after all, just an acknowledgement. 

He grinned at the question, ”Oh no, I am actually travelling around Hoenn, while training my Pokemon,” he answered genuinely. ”I’m aiming to become a Pokemon Master one day,” he added with an innocent smile. Feeling a bit more comfortable, the boy took another sip from the iced latte.

@tallulah
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 19:22:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
ah, so he was a trainer. "that's admirable" Tallulah says to the lad "you have any badges yet?" last she heard, the queue for gyms was a bit backlogged. if Mason was lucky enough to secure a spot, then she wished him luck.

she took a sip of her iced coffee before placing it down again. "I'm a Ranger" the woman explains to him "don't rightly know if I'm going for badges yet, but until then" she laughs lightly, shaking her head "I've at least got a job, aye?"

she was a novice compared to some folks. a country girl at heart. maybe her place wasn't in becoming a master.

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:31:11 GMT
mason moore Avatar
     ”Thanks,” he replied to the admiration with a shy grin. Though the next question made him grow a little red from embarrassment. ”Uhh,”, he scratched his head that wasn’t itchy. ”I’ve only started being a trainer a couple months ago, so I don’t think my Pokemon are strong enough to fight in a Gym Battle yet.” he explained.

The boy perked up a bit when Tallulah mentioned that she was a ranger. He had heard of them but he never knew what they actually are. A small chuckle broke from him as the woman cracked a joke. He might as well ask her while he still has the chance, ”Umm, so what do you do? As a ranger I mean,” he asked in a terrible sentence. He wasn’t really good with conversations huh.

@tallulah
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 21:46:20 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"don't worry" she says, waving a free hand dismissively "gyms fall and rise every day" Tallulah recalls her grandparents, bless 'em, saying the same thing. Hoenn Gyms were typically reserved for months - so Mason had an opportunity to train before challenging them "only you know when you're ready."

she hadn't missed his embarrassment. "right now?" Tallulah sits back in her chair "I'm still learning. I got an apprenticeship to a more 'perienced ranger" she tells him easily, shrugging "a bit old to be a cadet, but I had to help my Pops on the farm." she smiles brightly, not concerned with the whole thing.

"so I get the whole 'go at your own pace' stuff" she pauses, musing "I just take whatever job is given to me. mostly it's protectin' people and Pokémon both."
close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 23:48:44 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    A smile formed across his face when the woman in front of him mentioned that only he knows when he is ready. It was a strong and endearing sentence to hear. 

The boy listened to her answer while sipping on his iced latte. Nodding a little here and there when appropriate. He softly chuckled a bit when Tallulah mentioned the bit about protecting people and Pokemon, ”For some reason, I kinda do that too on my journey throughout Hoenn. I found out that as I helped others, me and my Pokemon grew stronger and got more experience. Not to mention the other opportunities that opens up along with it.” he added. 

It was true, he did learn faster by helping others. The people he had met and the things he had observed all helped him to grow as a trainer and as a person. The boy couldn’t help but to smile as he talked about all this, he seemed genuinely happy.

@tallulah
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 19:34:36 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she nods, agreeing. "people and Pokémon grow through experience" be it good or bad, she wanted to focus on the 'good' aspect "s' up to you as the trainer to steer 'em in the right one."

other opportunities included little encounters like this. meeting new folk, exchanging ideas. confirming their own in the process. Tallulah has nothing much to protest; for Vic's journey was different than her own.

and she wasn't going to look down on him for it. being a trainer wasn't in her cards. she could easily just travel with her Pokémon through work, help others and meet them as well.

there was also nothing wrong with being a trainer.

"maybe I'll be cheerin' you on when you get around to challengin' the Elite Four" she grins, happy at the thought.
close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 13:07:38 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    The boy grinned when the other told him how they would cheer him on. ”Thank you,” he replied as a matter of politeness. 

Mason felt more open around Tallulah, and he wanted for the conversation to go on, ”You mentioned your grandfolks, how are they?” he asked.

@tallulah
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 18:56:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she chuckles fondly. "m' grandfolks are Hoenn natives" shaking her head, Tallulah would sigh "Pa wants them to go to Alola, fer retiring..." but old people were terribly stubborn. her father had left at a young age, and she assumed there was some bad blood between them. he never visited, and it was her first time meeting them.

"I worry sometimes" Tallulah goes on as she stares down into her coffee "they're too old to do most chores, so I do 'em when I ain't on duty" upkeep on the house was a must, in case they sold "aye, they're tough people though. never want to admit defeat. like all Hoennians" she smiles "just don't want Oldale t' be caught in a fight."

like Lilycove. like Slateport. sigh. "what about your folks? where you from, Sam?"
close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 18:27:24 GMT
mason moore Avatar
Mason could definitely feel the atmosphere changed a bit at the topic of her grandparents. It seemed to him that Tallulah really cared for her old folks. 

A grin broke across his face at the mention of how Hoennians never want to give up. In a way, he did not want to as well. Although he was in a pretty dark place just a few months ago.

His face brightened up at the question, ”Oh I actually grew up near hear, in Littleroot.” he beamed. He was excited to visit his hometown soon, he just stopped there in Oldale for a quick break. 

”I doubt there’ll be anything going around these parts of Hoenn, there’s nothing here,” he chuckled from his own sentence. He did not want Tallulah to worry about any attacks in this town, and he really doubt there will be one. 

@tallulah
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
country music sucks
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 20:02:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
she was glad Mason actually lived here. Tallulah knew being away from Alola, where she had been raised, was a bit hard to adjust to at first. luckily she had her grandparents but again; she didn't know them very well. it was like re-learning how to walk and act around strangers.

"aye?" she chuckles "you never know" she smiles thinly, almost mischievously "could be sittin' on a pile of treasure" the thought along was both exciting and dangerous "but yer right. probably nothin' will come to Oldale." for her grandparents' sakes.

she takes a sip of the coffee, eyes lingering on the others in the cafe. it was almost time to go, but she had fun talking to Mason. actually; "I need to head to Littleroot" she tells the young lad "if you want company fer the road?" ranger duties started her there.