Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
how time flew by [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 18:01:26 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“Okay, okay, fine…” He chuckled, giving in. Vic had never been good at talking about himself, not because he wasn’t proud of who he was and of the things he had done, but because he simply didn’t want to bother others with his ranting about his life. If the other insisted he wanted to know though, then he supposed it would be fine. But, where to even start? A lot had happened since the last time they saw each other, and things hadn’t exactly gone in a straight path. It had taken him a while to figure out what he really wanted to do and where he wanted to be, and even now he wasn’t completely sure if he had the right answers to all of it…
[break][break]
Luckily for the ever-so-easily-distracted Vic, Alex began talking about gym challenges, and that caught his attention all too easily. “Really!? Ha… I don’t think I’d ever go for something like navigation. I’m awful at that sort of thing! Back when I was travelling I would get lost all the time.” There was no shame in admitting this. If anything, he found it kind of funny, even if back then it had led to a few dangerous situations he wasn’t all that prepared for.
[break][break]
”I think you were kind of brave even back then though.” He added, his lavender gaze meeting Alex’ ”Like… maybe not in a really obvious way. But... I bet there was probably a lot going on with your family and all, yeah? You never complained to others about it and dealt with it all on your own, and then eventually left without anyone’s help. It may not have been the best thing to do, but… I think you were brave.” A gentle and joyful expression came with these words, because as much as Vic wished he had known more back then and been able to help, he could recognize that dealing with all that had probably been really difficult for Alex. Otherwise, why would he have left?
[break][break]
”Sounds like you really love doing all that. Maybe I’ll stop by the Fortree sometime!” He grinned.

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F39DAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:#F39DAA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
how time flew by [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 18:23:10 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“What? You? How’s that even possible?” he remarked, unable to hold back a bit of laughter that had bubbled up before it eventually popped into an embarrassed chuckle.

“Well, to be fair, Mistralton isn’t that large, it only became what it was because of the airport there and all that… I can see what you mean. Wait. You get lost even now?” he asked, blinking in an owlish manner, unable to stop staring at those eyes, a few shades away from his own lilac-colored eyes.

“Come on, the navigation’s just—basically find your way to the other side of the weather disturbance, and then after that it’s an aerial game of tag. With another weather change, of course.”

He couldn’t help but be a little proud of his insane non-traditional challenge—well, there have been others who have bested him at flight, but still—

“You—you think?” he said, looking away for a few moments as he thought he felt his ears burning.

No, Alex. No. Not anymore… he thought to himself as he composed himself for the briefest of moments, before turning to face Vic once more after he’d managed to calm himself down.

“I actually thought I was a coward… when I did that. Leaving home. But—I’ve had enough. I didn’t want to be shut in anymore, you know? I missed the outside world,” he said quietly, breaking the silence.

“Maybe it was courage, or it was recklessness, I don’t know. It’s all been said and done now, so… here we are. New region, new life, new everything. Right?”

At the mention of him dropping by the Sanctuary, his expression brightened.

“You’re more than welcome to drop by and help out. We could use all the extra hands we can get.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
how time flew by [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 19:27:33 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

”Well…” He definitely was still prone to getting lost. Or, more like if he hadn’t had his phone with him at all times, it would have happened frequently – especially being in an unfamiliar region. “...Sometimes? My sense of direction suuuuuucks,” he sighed, following this with a short laugh.
[break][break]
From the way he talked, it was obvious that Alex had put a lot of thought into this challenge he had come up with, and that he cared a lot about it, just like he probably cared a lot about being the leader of the Fortree gym. It was nice to see! ”Oh, wow. Okay, I have to admit an aerial game of tag sounds really fun… I think I may be too used to traditional gym battles and all that.” He was, because it was what he had prepared for and trained for all his life. It was the kind of challenge he had found at every gym he had ever been to. But… he also had to admit all this sounded incredibly exciting, and it almost made him wish he still were collecting gym badges.
[break][break]
’New region, new life, new everything. Right?’
[break][break]
Alex was right. All that was in the past now.
[break][break]
“Really? I’d love to come help out. I’ve been pretty busy lately, but I’m sure I could find the time...” It was the kind of thing he loved to do, so why wouldn’t he want to help? Plus, it also meant they could hang out again – properly and not just randomly running into each other at a park bench by sheer coincidence.
[break][break]
There it was, another bad thing about moving to a new region: all of his friends were far away. Vic had never minded making new ones, but honestly, it was nice to know that even in Hoenn there were people he had known from before moving to the region.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
how time flew by [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 4:41:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Well, I’d be glad to tell you that here in this region, there’s more than just one way to get badges—traditional battle isn’t the be-all, end-all method to get ‘em.”

He was pretty sure that out of all the currently-existing Gyms in the Hoenn circuit, most of (if not all) had alternative means on how prospective Trainers can challenge and acquire badges—

“Oh, hey, you want to see what my gym’s badge looks like?” he said, rummaging around in his jacket pocket before finally pulling it out. “When they asked me to pick the design, I guess… I chose something that reminded me of home, after all. It’s called the Skyrider badge, fittingly enough.”

Once he was done showing the badge to Vic and kept it back in its pocket, he wondered—

“Hey, you want to grab some of that milk tea I had earlier? My treat, of course. I can show you all the good places to buy milk tea and whatnot too, while we’re at it.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
how time flew by [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 5:22:34 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Vic had had no intention to start challenging gyms when he had moved to Hoenn. He had told himself all that was behind him, and that he no longer cared about earning badges. But, when Alex proudly showed him the Skyrider badge, there was something about it that made him smile, perhaps because it did remind him of when he himself had returned to Mistralton to challenge the gym leader for the Jet Badge.
[break][break]
Maybe it would be nice to challenge gyms again. Maybe a couple just for fun’s sake. It had been so fun back then…
[break][break]
”Skyrider’s a cool name! It goes well with it,” Vic agreed, then looking at him when Alex offered to treat him to milk tea.
[break][break]
Oh, heck yeah!
[break][break]
It wasn’t like he was going to continue with his jog after all this anyway, and that would also give them some more time to chat and catch up… while drinking some delicious milk tea that he very much was craving again now that Alex had brought it up. All of them?” For a second there, he sounded almost like an excited child; ever too eager to spend time with people he liked. ”Hah, sure, yeah. That’d be amazing!

[break][break]

+ (ty for the thread ♡)

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,912 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
how time flew by [s][c]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 23:54:18 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: