plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
scratch at my soul [social]
POSTED ON Jun 22, 2021 20:56:27 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]'We'll start tomorrow'

That's all Theo left Plank with last night. Another short, exceedingly direct missive had given her a place and a time. The high offices are a place she's been; but she didn't know it at the time. Just looking down the hallway they sit on sends a shiver down her spine.

"What the fuck could we even be trainin' up here," She complains to herself, leaning against a wall pointedly outside the domain of the higher-ups.

She's a little bit early. So she waits.

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.sunshine b]color: #f9993d[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,329 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jun 23, 2021 7:39:20 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"vela."

one of the doors in the hallway opens. beckett steps out, closing it behind him. he lingers for a moment, raising a hand to point at the name plate.

"explain to me why my office still says marie jules. are we that inefficient that i can't even get it changed?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
what's wrong? does nobody here love you? do you feel alone? need somebody to hold you?
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 5:11:19 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Theo's casual 'greeting' is about what Plank expects. That is it's not much of a greeting at all. She almost appreciates that though, no bullshitting around. Pretending there's some friendliness where there's none.

The question he asks is less expected.

"Uh, I don't fuckin' know?" she asks back, "I'm not exactly the fuckin' sign maker around here. Maybe ask Gav, he's the one who runs shit most o' the time."

[newclass=.sunshine]text-align: justify;font-family:calibri;font-size:14px; margin: 0 auto; width: 300px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,329 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 9:31:00 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"change of plans, vela. first part of your training is to get me a new sign."

his voice is level, flat, so he could be serious for all she knows.

"theo beckett. two t's."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 19:43:29 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]Plank's eyebrows furrow and her mouth twists unpleasantly. Whether he's serious or not, she doesn't make to move. Just scowls. Clearly she's not interested in this idea of 'training'.

"You're kiddin' me, right?" she asks, and then after a moment of thought says, "'n' I'm pretty sure 'Theo Beckett' has three t's, actually."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,329 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 19:18:35 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"oh."

he runs through it in his head, pointing a finger after each t he passes. by the end of it, he's holding up three fingers.

"i guess you're right."

regardless, he steps past her, beginning his walk down the hallway, fully expecting her to follow.

"run me through your combat experience again."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 18:02:16 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]The dry sarcasm behind the man's display isn't lost on Plank, but she soaks it in anyway. Lets herself feel a little satisfied that she's got the man to perform for her. Lets herself pretend it's a show of control over the situation.

"What can I say, right's my restin' state," she throws out with a smirk.

"Knives," she answers Theo's question, then pauses and answers it some more, "Basic shit, nothin' fancy. I don't toss 'em around or juggle 'em or whatever. I'm good at stickin' it where it'll kill ya 'n' doin' it quick. At least in theory."

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,329 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 12:38:40 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"alright."

not much else needs to be said; she'll get the chance to showcase those skills in a bit.

the hallway leads on for a bit. they turn a corner, coming to the training facility. it's a small space, void of life, but full of equipment.

"you got a knife on you?"

even if she doesn't, the room will have one.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

sunshine

plank
she/her
seventeen
march 19th
pacifidlog town
homosexual
rocket grunt
grunt
awards
313 posts
peggie vela DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @plank
peggie vela
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 0:44:56 GMT
peggie vela Avatar
[attr="class","sunshine"]"Alright," she echoes before trailing after him.

Plank is more than familiar with the training spaces on the sub. They are the place she goes first when she's on the base and in a mood. Entering one then always fills her with a mix of relief and anxiety. She expects to come to them wound up, and her body is always confused when she's not.

"A knife?" she asks at the same time as she moves to get one. Her hand reaches down past her pockets and towards her shoe. She slips fingers into her left sock and comes out with a pocketknife. Its exterior is weathered, red worn away to pale pinks in multiple places, but when she snaps it open the blade is immaculate.

"This do?" she questions, eyes focused on her hands as she tests the edge with her right forefinger-tip. The top layer of her skin splits cleanly and she pulls the finger away smiling despite the spot of blood already welling up on it.

close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,329 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
POSTED ON Jul 7, 2021 11:07:04 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"yeah, that's fine."

seems like everyone in rocket carries a weapon of some kind so he doesn't think too much of it. from a quick glance, he realizes the knife likely has sentimental value of some kind. he can't think of any other reason why she'd continue to use a knife as weathered as that.

but surprisingly, the blade is immaculate.

taking a step away, he readies himself.

"alright. stab me."

[attr="class","noodles"]