lmly

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 8:27:42 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]
trailing just a little ahead of his trainer, albert hops along the sand, distracted every now and then by how his small feet seem to sink into the sand after every hop. he'd stop, raise a leg to shake sand off, hop, only to do it all over again. [break][break]

"you're supposed to be helping, albert."[break][break]

albert simply pauses, tilts his head back to croak, then carries on, hopping right past an empty can of charja-cola.[break][break]

darren clicks his tongue, pausing to glance around the messy beach.[break][break]

"hope you don't got any plans later, ellie, cause we'll be here awhile."

[break][break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#D49736;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 8:57:52 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
hoennians had littered the beaches more in the last few days than in the entire year prior. there was much to do.

also, many things to be found.

within a bag slouching over her shoulder rested a silver charm from a bracelet, a deep green bottleneck, and two beads—each interestingly crafted in their own respective ways.

“that’s alright! i don’t mind. i do this a lot, anyways.”

she looked back with a smile.

“i’m happy to help!”

her slowbro carried its own small bag, and brushed a piece of ringed plastic into it from the sand with a groan.

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 9:10:32 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

where a smile graces her features, a frown stiffs his, simply because it's frustrating to look across expecting smooth plains of sand only to be met with the sight of trash scattered across, some even buried. it's clear that people have little respect for nature, at least here in hoenn.[break][break]

it's ironic because the same could have been said for him not too long ago.[break][break]

"you looking for anything in particular?"[break][break]

his hand sifts through sand, picking up bits of plastic that have been buried. nothing of interest just yet.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 9:31:55 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
in the second bag hooked around her elbow, the load of unwanted festival debris grew. she picked up an ice cream wrapper and then made a sound. ick—it was still sticky.

she went towards the water, cutting across their path to splash her hands in the water a bit.

“just whatever seems interesting, i guess! i like finding things in pretty colors, or that catch the light—like glass.” she reached in her bag and held up the jagged bottleneck to the sun, which became a brighter green. perhaps he hadn’t noticed its beauty when she’d first picked it up—if he’d even noticed at all.

“i’ll have to show you my collection some time.”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 9:44:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"pretty colors — i gotcha."[break][break]

still squatting, he waddles forward, much like albert would, and continues running a hand through sand, feeling for anything, which in hindsight might not be the smartest idea. what if he encounters glass?[break][break]

cut.[break][break]

"shit."[break][break]

his hand rises, pulling away to reveal a small cut on the tip of his index finger. his frown only grows, as does frustration. luckily, he's prepared enough to always be carrying a band-aid. he reaches into his back pocket, pulls one out, and applies it over his finger.[break][break]

he shakes out his hand, then reaches back into the sand to pull out a shard of what appears to be red (not from his blood) glass. he holds it up towards her.[break][break]

"not sure if this'll fit your collection."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 9:59:02 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
ellie looked up, walking over with smile lingering. she was excited to see the find.

“ooh~.”

she took it from his fingers and held it up in her own, towards the sun, just like with the bottleneck. marveled at its color, and then noticed some of it coming off.

well, not really.

“oh.” eyes went to his hands. “did you hurt yourself?” seemingly less squeamish about blood than melted ice cream. her eyes softened more with concern than anything else.

@darren

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 10:06:35 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

the band-aid does what it can to soak up whatever blood that trickles. at her question, he raises the same hand, pointing only his index finger out so he could observe.[break][break]

"no — well, yes, kinda, but i'll be fine."[break][break]

he shrugs, then rises to his feet. by now, albert's gone off pretty far; he briefly wonders if albert would just continue hopping if no one were to stop him.[break][break]

"ALBERT! STOP!"[break][break]

surprisingly, albert does stop, freezing mid-hop only to plop back down into the sand.[break][break]

"he just never learns."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 24, 2021 20:29:02 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
She looked, frowning, until Darren said he’d be fine. Her face lost any trace of worry again, and her cheeks puffed a little with a subdued smile. “So tough.”

His yell caused her to jump lightly, and sent her gaze following it across the sand. The Politoed had wandered off quite a way’s away from their spot of beach.

“Where do you suppose he’s trying to go?”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 4:20:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"dunno; away, i guess. he'd probably hop out of the region if i didn't stop him."[break][break]

he brings both his hands up to run across his temples; they glide up, brushing past tufts of white and grey. he's frustrated and it shows in the way his eyes stay narrowed, glare burned into the back of his little politoed.[break][break]

with a sigh, he shifts it away, choosing to focus on the politoed artwork on his band-aid instead. they litter across as patterns.[break][break]

"how's the thing i picked up? think it'll fit your collection?"

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 6:30:49 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
Most wouldn’t blame the Politoed for such a thing. Ellie thought Hoenn was great, though. 

“Maybe. But he’d have to stop, eventually.”

She wondered a moment longer before her attention was transferred back to the piece of glass in her hand.

“It definitely will.” An affirmative smile was given before she went back to the water’s edge once more to wash off the blood and sand which had stuck to it.

Holding it up to the light one more time, the sun shone through it, beet red, and the trace of a pink shape appeared on the sand almost like a specter. It followed at an angle as she turned the glass one way, and then the other.

Seemingly satisfied, she then placed it in her bag and smiled at him. “Thanks.”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 7:28:51 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

would he have to stop? could albert simply keep hopping, eventually swimming, until he circled around the earth? no. that's stupid. but it's a fun thought to imagine.[break][break]

his eyes follow her over to the edge of the water, more curious than anything, before nodding at her smile.[break][break]

"yeah. i'll try to look for more, maybe get you one that isn't, you know, broken."

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 8:11:02 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
“I like the broken stuff.” she explained. “A lot of things are made the same—but when they break, they become something unique.”

A few more steps, and she picked up an empty beer can and tossed it into the trash bag, then looked back at him again, still smiling.

“Don’t want you to get hurt, though. You have to be careful, or you're going to run out of Politoed band-aids here, quick.”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 8:19:14 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"huh. i guess i never thought about it that way."[break][break]

he takes a few steps forward, catches something glistening in the sand, and reaches a hand down towards it, much like last time. it isn't until he hears her warning that he stops, pausing to retract his hand.[break][break]

"you're right, you're right. i'll...try and be careful."[break][break]

instead of sifting his hand through the sand, he uses the edge of his boot instead. sand displaces to reveal another shard of broken glass, this one green in color. he knows it to be from the bottom of a beer bottle.[break][break]

he carefully places it into his backpack, then continues on.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

mad

ellie
she/her
twenty-four
february 27th
shalour city, kalos
demisexual
horticulturist
civilian
31 height
31 height
THE RAGING SOUND OF CALM
awards
126 posts
eliora potts DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @eliora
eliora potts
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 8:33:09 GMT
eliora potts Avatar
She giggled lightly. “Good.” Then, back to work.

Slowbro scraped at the sand again, bag already half full of it on top of the trash within. Its claws raked up five corndog sticks, all thrown into a pile. Someone had really gone for it with the festival food.

Ellie continued sorting, eventually coming upon a piece of fake silver chain. Maybe a piece of a bracelet. She decided to keep that as well.

“So, how has work been?”

@darren
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
lmly
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 8:46:27 GMT
Deleted Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

"same shit, different day."[break][break]

exasperation laces between his words; with a sigh, he's quick to correct:[break][break]

"sorry — it's been fine. it's just been...difficult to try and prove myself. you'd think after a few years they'd finally start to trust me, but what do i know?"[break][break]

he reaches down to bundle up some plastic before tossing it into the trash bag.

[break][break]