part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a first time for everything [past][s]
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 14:33:36 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Oh wow, how awkward could this get?

There were usually first times for every single thing, and—

Well, this apparently included entering high school.

Due to the size of the Mistralton community, it was inevitable that everyone ended up going to the same high school, before heading out into the bigger world that lay beyond the small city’s sleepy borders to pursue higher dreams.

Oh no, young Alexei Nikolaevich Ivanov wasn’t one of those kids who’d leave and go on a Pokémon journey as soon as they were able to.

The family wanted every single one of the three siblings to be as well-learned and educated as possible before heading out into the bigger world, and so…

Here he was.

A freshman in high school, literally trying to stay above the water because of so many things happening all at once.

He was pretty sure went through this same hell he’s currently going through now. New environment, new people everywhere, new—new everything!

What made this harder is that he had to be careful not to crash into anyone—

(And then, in a few years, would have to go through the same.)

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 15:33:30 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Ah, freshman year.
[break][break]
Who could have blamed them for being nervous about it? With so many new people to meet, fitting in became a major concern, and anyone would have been scared of what happened if they didn’t. Or, well, anyone other than Victor Wexler, apparently, because he sure as heck didn’t even bother with considering something like this.
[break][break]
It didn’t even cross his mind, honestly! He was nervous too, sure, but it was the kind of nerves that was equally matched by his excitement; the kind that came with being at an unfamiliar place with so many new things to see and so many new people to meet! Would they be nice? Would they be fun? Probably, because Vic’s standards when it came to those things weren’t at all high.
[break][break]
He had always found it easy to find reasons to like people. He liked everyone he had gone to middle school with, and in the same manner, it wasn’t at all hard for him to immediately begin making friends among his new classmates. That was just the kind of person Vic had always been; the kind of person that always found a way to fit in no matter where he was or who with.
[break][break]
He wanted to meet all of his new classmates and become friends with them, and by ‘all of them’, he really meant all of them.
[break][break]
”Oh, hey!” It was with a bright smile that he greeted one of the boys in his class when he found himself in front of him. They hadn’t spoken yet, and naturally, Vic thought that had to be fixed!

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F39DAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:#F39DAA;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 15:45:21 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, to be fair—

There was a reason why he kept to himself.

It wasn’t that he was shy, it was just because anyone who would find out about—

Well, that was a mess and a half. It led to him being picked on a lot back in middle school, him being the weirdo who didn’t have a single outdoor sport to call his ‘own’ because of certain things that only the family had to know—

It had caused him so much grief, he was happy to finally be away from his ‘tormentors’.

Hopefully none of them followed him here—or had gone on to other cities to continue their education there.

So far, so good! he thought as he took quick count of the faces he’d met so far. Not a single one of them he’d seen so far, maybe this was going to be a—

“Oh—uh, h-hi there,” he said, looking everywhere but at the owner of the voice. Arceus, interacting with other people made him anxious most of the time. No wonder he was picked on a lot

Clearly he was embarrassed—not to mention nervous.

“Do—uh, do you need something f-from me?”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 16:10:17 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

As if it wasn’t obvious, Vic here had never really dealt with people being rude to him, much less trying to pick on him. Well, some sure had tried, specially out of jealousy and things like that, but it all went right over his head, and the few times he had felt like someone didn’t like him, of course he had tried to make amends! He was always willing to be the one to take the first step.
[break][break]
Just like in this case.
[break][break]
So, of course, when his classmate asked if he wanted something from him, the boy of cotton candy-coloured hair could do no more than tilt his head, the question confusing and startling him for short moment. Of course he wanted something from him! He wanted to meet him!
[break][break]
”Just saying hi... I don’t think we've met. I’m Vic!” He introduced himself, his tone as cheerful and full of energy as his whole demeanor. And, while the other boy wasn’t really looking at him, his own gaze fell on him – his smile always reaching those lavender eyes of his.
[break][break]
He should have probably realized that maybe he was making his classmate nervous, but, well… Let’s just say that at such a young age, Vic was even more unaware of those things than what he’d be in later years.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 17:05:15 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

If it was possible for the ground to swallow him up, he would’ve wanted that to happen already.

Several years of being tormented had already taught him not to hold too many people close, because in the end they would only want to use him for their own ends…

A habit that would be hard to break, admittedly.

“Uhh…” he began, still looking down at the floor as much as possible.

Arceus, what was with his anxiety suddenly going through the roof? The cacophony and noise of everything around him was threatening to make him run for it—just like how it had happened last year.

Only last year there were still tormentors around him. This time though—

“H-hi,” he continued, mustering up the courage to look at the one who’d introduced himself as Vic, and—

Wait a second, were those—

“We—we uh… we have the same… eye color,” he managed to stammer out.

Great, Alexei.

Great way to start a conversation.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 17:45:02 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

For a second, the thought that maybe he was being a bit too pushy did cross Vic’s mind. The last thing he wanted was for his classmate (who still hadn’t introduced himself for some reason?) to be uncomfortable, but the problem was that this was exactly how he was with everyone. How was he supposed to act any differently from what he did?!
[break][break]
’Think, Vic, think…’
[break][break]
He didn’t come up with an answer by the time the other boy addressed him again, distracting him. The other greeted him, which made Vic grin, but then instead of introducing himself, he pointed out something about how their eye colour was the same…
[break][break]
”Oh… Really?!” Being that he was a bit taller, he leaned in ever-so-slightly so he could be at eye level; his eyes meeting lilac ones and holding the other’s gaze for a few long seconds. ”Hah… I guess we do. That’s cool! I’ve never met someone with my eye colour outside of my family.” He laughed, because it was the truth, and even then not all the Wexler children had inherited his mum’s violet eyes – unlike the pink hair from his dad.
[break][break]
”Maybe that means we’re meant to be friends, huh?”
[break][break]
What kind of logic was that?!
[break][break]
Still, how could anyone possibly say no to that smile?

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 17:57:50 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Okay, so maybe there was a slight disadvantage when one kept to themselves and avoided all forms of contact in any way, shape or form.

For one thing, it tended to screw up their social growth—just like Alexei’s right here.

He wasn’t as outgoing as his sestras so, there was that…

How ironic, considering that (at least according to stereotypes) sisters were supposed to be wallflowers, while brothers were supposed to be the outgoing ones.

Not in his case!

“Oh! Uh—uhm,” he stammered again, feeling his ears blush hotly without his realizing it.

“Y-y-you think so?” he dared to venture, hopeful. He had never been this…happy, ever.

“I—my name. Alexei, but—if you can’t say it, A-Alex would work,” he continued to stammer in fits and starts.

Why, why, why did his anxiety have to go through the roof now?! Was his ‘sense’ telling him to throw the door open, at least this once?!

He fidgeted a few moments afterward.

“It—it’s nice to meet you, Vic.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 18:31:03 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

In a way, Vic could understand it. After all, his own little brother was really shy and quiet, but he was also hardly more than a toddler at the time, and in his case, all Vic needed to do was take his hand and tell him everything would be alright.
[break][break]
For some reason, he really didn’t think something like that would do much good with the boy in front of him…
[break][break]
Alexei! His name was Alexei!
[break][break]
”Ah-le-xei...” The taller youth repeated slowly, his brow just barely furrowing. ”Hmm… Alex it is! Nice to meet you too, Alex." He then beamed, chuckling.
[break][break]
Vic didn’t think of asking why he had such a “weird” name or where it was from, because really, to him that wasn’t that mattered. What did matter was the boy in front of him for just who he was – as a person, one could say. And, so far, he seemed really nice! Shy and a bit nervous, sure, but nice.
[break][break]
”But, yeah, I do think so! Wanna grab lunch together?” It was an spontaneous decision, an offer made easily and without a second of hesitation. Because, really, why wouldn’t Vic want to spend time with Alex? It was that simple!
[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 19:52:30 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

It was a good thing he gave the alternate way to say his name, because out of the siblings three, he was the one who had to inherit the strange naming traditions from their father.

Some kind of a heritage thing, but that wasn’t important in the moment.

What was important was—

“O-oh? Lunch?” he stammered, before remembering that he had something in his backpack. He didn’t carry much money with him, however—

He didn’t want to disappoint Vic, but he already felt like he was letting the other kid down.

“I—I have lunch with me,” he admitted a few moments later, embarrassed.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 25, 2021 22:13:40 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Okay, that one was on him. He should have probably phrased things a bit better, huh? He would have, if he hadn’t been so prone to being impulsive and saying the first thing that came to mind – never bothering to take the time to consider how his words could confuse someone.
[break][break]
’Whoops!’
[break][break]
“Oh! That’s okay, I do too, but we could still eat together, right? Come on.” Once again, he grinned, not even waiting for the other boy to give him a proper reply before he began walking. And, honestly, he just assumed Alex would follow him, because why wouldn’t he? It was the way things had always been with Vic: he came up with ideas and got his friends to tag along, even if those ideas were something as simple as having lunch together.
[break][break]
See, for all Vic knew, Alex may have felt lonely because all of his friends had gone to different schools and that was why he was all on his own. It was what he had assumed, at least, and it was also part of why he had decided to go say hello. After all, it probably wasn’t nice to be alone around so many people he didn’t know, right? So, now he didn’t have to be! Now he had a new friend to hangout with!

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 2:55:53 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Wh—wha—”

Alexei could only blink out of surprise as Vic led the way. Wait, where were they going?

“Where are we—heading?” he managed to blurt out, making sure to keep an eye on the head of pink hair. It wasn’t easy to lose Vic in a crowd, especially with hair that brightly-colored.

He had to be careful, as everyone they passed was going in the opposite direction, like they were in a hurry as well or something. Crashing into someone never did him any good, anyway.

How did he even manage, he didn’t know.

“What—what do you have for lunch?” he asked the pinkette, wondering if Vic had some outrageous-looking packed lunch or if it was something that looked like…his own. His mind flashed back to the metal box in his backpack, wondering if the entire thing was still in one piece.

Considering they were running around a lot, though?

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 3:55:08 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

”Outside!”
[break][break]
Yes, that was the only reply Alex was going to get. For, see, Vic just didn’t think having lunch indoors was much fun, but that may have been because he had never been the kind of kid who liked staying inside. Being outdoors, running around, playing sports; that was his sort of thing. And honestly, he would have probably ran right to the nearest exit had it not been for the fact that Alex was with him.
[break][break]
Instead of doing as much, he simply shrugged at the question as they walked, skillfully navigating through the crowd without a problem at all. ”Uhmmm… Dunno! My mum usually makes it and I grab it on the way out. I forgot to ask her what she had made… Guess we’ll see!” This was not unusual for Vic. His mum had always talked about how unhealthy the stuff they sold at school was, so she made a point to make lunch for her kids every morning before they left for school. Some people would have thought that was kind of lame, but Vic… he always said his mum’s cooking was so much better than anything he could have bought. It was the best! That’s what he firmly believed. And, how could it not be, when she got up so early to make lunch for him and his sister?
[break][break]
Once outside, it was at a nice spot in the shade that they sat to eat, Vic stretching his arms up with a ”Aaah, I’m starving!” before reaching into his backpack to grab a nice lunch box that was almost completely covered in cute stickers, inside awaiting him a carefully arranged meal with rice shaped into smiling Pikachu, of all things. ”Oh. There’s omelette, awesome!” He exclaimed, so used to his mum’s artistic and adorable lunch arrangements that he didn’t even comment on it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 4:12:47 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The magic word: outside.

Normally, him outside usually meant he was somewhere off to one side, under the shade (which he was fine with) watching everyone else during physical education classes—

No, wait, this was actual lunch! With a—dare he say it to himself? Had he actually found a friend?!

At the mention of the pinkette’s mother making the lunch, he could only sigh. Oh, the inequality of it all—whenever he would see the cute little lunches being made, he’d always get the answer it was for his younger sister , before something sealed in a metal lunch box would always be slid his way.

Today was no exception to the rule.

“Oh—oh my, that looks too good to-to eat!” he exclaimed the moment he saw the Pikachu-shaped rice ball. “Is—is that curry rice?” he asked, smelling something quite familiar, but wasn’t sure if he was right on the mark.

Oh no.

Here came the time…

Alexei then unzipped his bag, digging around until he pulled out something that was the literal stark opposite of the colorful, sticker-laden lunch box that Vic owned. Thankfully, there was a small box of milk with his thing today so it wasn’t too bad—

He then made an embarrassed noise.

“My-my box is nowhere as colorful,” he said with a sigh, his mood obviously taking a nosedive as he made a face at the plain, drab, metal lunchbox. “It’s… so plain compared to yours.”

Dreading the moment he had to crack the box open, he did so with immense trepidation to reveal a lunch that looked nowhere as colorful as the Pikachu-shaped one Vic had.

He then let out a defeated sigh.

“Always…”

here, have a depressing lunch pic

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 4:47:20 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

”Oh, I think so! Niiice. Some kids out there would have probably been embarrassed by the fact that their mum shaped their food items into cute things like pokémon and stars, specially being that they were at the age when they all started to want to act like they were all grown up. But, Vic had always thought it was nice, and he would have probably been a little sad if his mum stopped doing stuff like that. Back in elementary school, his lunches had even been the envy of his whole class!
[break][break]
Yet, usually, he didn’t care much about things like what other people brought to school for lunch. This time, though, he watched Alex, tilting his head slightly at the sight of the plain metal box. He was right; it was very different from Vic’s own, and so was the food that awaited him inside.
[break][break]
”Hmm…”
[break][break]
Without saying anything, Vic reached for the sticker-covered lid that he had set aside, inspecting it in search for one of the ones that had been most recently added by either his sister or his mum. Soon enough, he settled for one of an Audino, removing it as carefully as he could before unceremoniously sticking it on the metallic lid of Alex’ own lunch box. ”Here! Now it’s not so plain.” He said with a short laugh, and aside from some small wrinkles and creases in the corner where the sticker had been pulled out, it did look perfectly fine.
[break][break]
Should he have considered that maybe Alex’ family didn’t let him put things like stickers on his stuff for whatever reason? Maybe, but that didn’t even cross Vic’s mind, and as if nothing had just happened, he began eating without even waiting for the other to react or even reply.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 9:11:20 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He’d already wrinkled his nose at the sandwich, which he suspected was—yep, right on the nose.

“I don’t mind turkey, but why the heck do they put some kind of weird jam with it?” he said with this pained expression on his face. It was either meat or nothing for him, at least when it came to sandwiches.

And it’s always something healthy! I don’t understand this… he thought with a bit of a pout as he reached for some of the pineapple chunks and began alternating them between bites of the sandwich.

“Honestly I don’t get them sometimes—” he was saying at random when he noticed Vic had grabbed the overturned cover of his lunch box and flipped it over, before slapping something on it.

“What are you—” he exclaimed, surprised, before finding a cute, winking Audino face staring up at him.

If the ground would open up and swallow him, he’d have willed that to be so.

“What did you do—” he went on, blinking as he tried to return the sticker back to its original owner.