5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
a second chance spared [past][s]
POSTED ON Jun 26, 2021 23:46:44 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Three days.

That was how long Alexei had been able to evade the little—well, the situation at hand.

Sure, he’d gotten into trouble the day the lunch box showed up with a stray sticker, but he’d fought tooth and nail for it to remain on the lunch box.

It was like he wasn’t being treated like a son at home; he was being treated like a soldier… and he’d had it.

Of course he’d also thrown a fit over the lunches being too healthy as they came.

The chocolate bar was the last straw though. Just to spite them all at home, he’d done something so unbelievable: he’d opened the bar right in front of everyone present, and ate it in one go—before fleeing to his room.

Maybe there was an advantage to his—condition, after all. Nobody could physically hurt him, and so had to resort to other ways instead.

And so now here he was.

Three days of avoiding the pinkette, because who knew what else would happen should they meet again…

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 1:27:05 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Thinking about things had never been Vic’s forte. He usually just followed his instincts and things turned out fine, but sometimes, with some people, that just didn’t work out. Like with Alex. The whole situation was like that: it made Vic think, since apparently everything he had done so far had been poorly received by his classmate.

[break][break]

Did Alex really not want to be friends? Was he mad at him? Did he hate him?

[break][break]

It was rare for the pink-haired boy to worry about such things, but it was also rare for him to feel like someone didn’t really like him. It pulled at something in him; at that overwhelming need to please others that ruled his life beneath all the cheer and laughter. How could he help Alex? How could he make sure the other boy was happy and enjoying his time in high school? He was always alone, Vic had noticed, and he was apparently also avoiding him…

[break][break]

After three days, he chose to wait instead of trying to approach him directly. He had stayed talking with some friends once recess began, but shortly after Alex left, he had followed, only approaching him once the boy was sitting down to have lunch.

[break][break]

”Hey!” He greeted, beaming as he would always.
[break][break]

It was a bit underhanded of him, and he didn’t really like that, but as his dad always said: ”Vic, you’ll always win if you have a good strategy!”

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxbl]font:11px roboto;--accent:#F39DAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl b]color:#F39DAA;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 14:17:54 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

So far, so good—

He’d managed to find several places where nobody would go to and had been spending his time there, although today…

Today was when the silence he cherished so much would be shattered without warning.

Hearing the familiar voice from behind him, he froze up, one hand already in his backpack, before he pulled it out.

“Wh-wh-wha—?!” he exclaimed, almost jumping a mile into the air. Yes, he’d been that surprised.

Oh no.

It was the pinkette. It was Vic!

“I—” he began to stammer, looking anywhere and everywhere but at him.

“H-h-hi.”

Here we go again, Alexei…

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 16:31:49 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Admittedly, for as much thought as Vic had given to all of this, he hadn’t really considered what he would say once he actually got Alex to talk to him. Some would have said that was the most important part out of all of it, and perhaps Vic himself would have even agreed, but he also would have said that there was no point in forcing things like these...
[break][break]
Then again, wasn’t he already basically forcing Alex to talk to him?
[break][break]
Naturally, Vic also didn’t consider this.
[break][break]
”How have you been? Are you gonna have lunch?” The questions came with a joyful smile, completely impervious to the other’s hesitation and surprise. And then, without waiting for an invitation or giving a single warning, he just sat down as he would have done if he were about to have lunch with any other of his friends. They were doing this, and there was no stopping it.
[break][break]
Talk about forcing things, huh?
[break][break]
In Vic’s defense, a part of it was just that he didn’t want Alex to continue being alone everyday, but if the other had outright told him he preferred things that way, he would have stopped and backed away. Reluctantly, but he would have nevertheless.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxbl .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 17:47:49 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He really hated being put on the spotlight… just like that!

At least the questions weren’t too many or too hard for him to think of.

“W-well,” he began, reaching back into his bag again, “…that was the plan.”

With some trepidation, he then pulled out the lunch box—only to be met with something…something else. Something that didn’t look familiar.

“H-huh?” he blinked, looking at the… wait a second, this wasn’t…his.

Instead of the familiar cold, gray metal it was something else—what was going on?

“W-w-wait a second, th-th-this isn’t…” he stammered as a different lunch box made its appearance. Afraid to check, he wondered—what had happened?

Holding his breath, he then cracked the lunch box open… and immediately burst into tears.

here be the cute lunch!!!

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 18:10:16 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Vic didn’t even get to have his own lunch. He didn’t even get to reach for his lunch box. For, the moment he sat down was the moment Alex reached for his own, and judging by the other’s expression, things weren’t right at all.
[break][break]
”A… Alex?” This time, he was the one who hesitated, leaning in just a little closer in order to see what the other was looking at. Food shaped into a Snorlax and a Dugtrio. Something that would have been all too common to see in the pink-haired boy’s own lunch box but that was completely different from the plain food his classmate had complained about last time they had had lunch together.
[break][break]
Wait… Was Alex crying?!
[break][break]
What had just happened?!
[break][break]
”Hey… Come on, it’s fine… That’s a good thing, right?” Vic gave him a faint and gentle smile, looking at him as he wondered what he could possibly say to make things better. But, how could he know what to say when he didn’t know what was going on in the first place?
[break][break]
All he could do was wait and be there.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 2:36:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“You—you know what I got the last time we had lunch together, r-right?” he hiccupped, rubbing his face with his hands. “Th-that’s what I normally g-get…”

However, today wasn’t like most days.

“I-I-I-I don’t know why I g-g-got this…” he continued, still rubbing at his eyes.

Things weren’t as normal as they appeared at home, oh no. Definitely not. Normally it would be his sisters who would get nothing but the best from their parents, and him?

Him?

It was like he was being treated as an afterthought.

“Th-th-that means, one of…of my sisters has my lunch,” he said with a sigh. Secretly he was relieved, but at the same time he was also afraid of what was going to happen when they all got home later.

He then realized he was sharing without context, before he backed up a bit.

“O-oh. S-sorry if I’m bothering you with this…”

here be the cute lunch!!!

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 3:50:25 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

It was difficult for Vic to understand it. Heck, it was difficult for him to even imagine it. At the Wexler home, he may have been the oldest out of three siblings, but if anyone had asked him if any of them was treated differently like Alex apparently was at his own home, the answer would have been a resounding ‘no’. Not like that. Never like that.
[break][break]
A sigh left him. Not because he found the whole situation to be annoying or exasperating, but because all that would have been difficult to hear for anyone – especially a boy who was barely even a teenager. “Alex. You’re not bothering me.” It was true. After all, if this was difficult for Vic, then that meant it was infinitely more difficult for Alex, to whom all this was happening. And who knows for how long it had even been happening…
[break][break]
One thing was clear though: it was not just about some lunch boxes.
[break][break]
Vic may not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, he was even perfectly aware of that as well, but even at this age, he also knew that when someone was this hurt, the answer was rarely ever the most obvious one.
[break][break]
What had happened?
[break][break]
”Mmm… Do you, like… wanna tell me about it, maybe? You don’t have to, but… I want to help.”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 4:47:24 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“A-a-are you sure?” he began, finally willing himself to stop making an entire and complete fool out of himself in front of the only person who had approached him without malicious intent.

Yes, there were scars that run pretty deep.

He was too afraid to touch the pretty-looking lunch in a box that wasn’t his, but here we are, folks.

“I-I-I’m not sure if I really am b-bothering you. You have… you have those cool friends of yours, and—and I’m not d-deaf to what other people s-say about me, he continued, squirming uncomfortably.

“That—that I’m a weirdo, a l-l-loner, that—that kid you shouldn’t b-b-bother with, j-j-just leave him alone, maybe he-he’ll g-g-go away, those…those things.”

The last time he’d been asked that question (before today), the information he’d shared was turned against him, which had made him so much more of a recluse back then. Middle school was a long, tortuous hell he was glad to get out of—however, with everyone seemingly converging on the same high school, it was inevitable he’d meet them again…

And then, what would happen? The next four years of his life would be an utter mess! That’s what it was, a mess!

“I-I-I know things. About… about what they s-say. Me. It’s just… it’s like… did anyone r-really care?” he went on. “About… about how I’m a d-d-d-disappointment, and all th-that. They don’t care. Not for me. Only… only for my sisters. Yet… what else can I do…”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 11:43:23 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

He knew exactly what sort of thing the other kids said about Alex. He knew because they had said them to him too. One of those so-called ‘cool friends of his’ had seen them spending lunch together last time, and afterwards a few had asked Vic why he bothered with talking to their weirdo of a classmate. That Alex was strange. That Alex was too quiet. That Vic himself was going to be seen as a weirdo too if he spent too much time with someone like Alex.
[break][break]
”I dunno... would you like it if people said stuff like that about you? I wouldn’t.” He had responded then, pointing out that he could be friends with as many people as he wanted and that shouldn’t have been a problem – them, Alex, and anyone else in school as well. He was going to keep talking to him, because they were friends.
[break][break]
So, Alex knew about all that as well. And, beyond anything their classmates may have said, it sounded like he thought his parents didn’t care for him; that they were disappointed and didn’t love him as much as they loved his sisters.
[break][break]
It sounded terrible.
[break][break]
It sounded painful.
[break][break]
”Mmm… I dunno about all that... it sounds hard. But… do you really think no one cares? What if there’s people who do and you haven’t really noticed?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 3:54:11 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At that last statement, he stopped for a few moments to ponder on it.

“It feels like that—” he began, sighing as he turned to face the lunch box that wasn’t his. It would be a waste if he didn’t eat it, and there was nothing more wasteful than food going uneaten.

Carefully pulling the ‘Snorlax’ rice ball out of the small lunch box, he immediately guessed which one he got by accident—it was ’s, as he knew didn’t bring lunch from home lately—it was just him and his younger sister who got the packed lunch treatment.

“Well, if there is someone, they sure haven’t showed up yet… or at least had their presence felt,” he grumbled after he’d taken a bite of the rice ball.

Ah, heck, it was delicious—totally nothing like the bland shit he got every day. But somewhere, he was sure his younger sister was trying not to scream at the sorry state of her swapped lunch… oops.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 7:19:26 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

“It feels like that—”
[break][break]
It wasn’t often that Vic had nothing to say. He was rarely comfortable with silence, he didn’t like it, and yet, this time he allowed that very same silence to take over as he watched his friend.
[break][break]
What could he have even said? Sometimes just wanting to help wasn’t enough. Sometimes people had deep wounds that took time to heal up. But, this in itself was a lesson Vic was yet to learn when being so young…
[break][break]
”Mmm… What about your sisters?” He couldn’t help but ask then, wondering how it could be that someone’s siblings didn’t care for them. That wasn’t possible, right?! Didn’t all siblings love each other even if they fought? He himself would have done anything for his own, without a question.
[break][break]
Wasn’t it the same for Alex?
[break][break]
“But there really is no one…” A pause, finally taking the time to get his lunch box out of his backpack and calmly opening it before looking at the other boy once more. And this time, when he spoke, his usual smile was back – an honest grin that reached his eyes. ”...Then I’ll make sure to care! Since we’re friends, right?”
[break][break]
Maybe it wasn’t as simple as that, but sometimes things in life were easier to handle when the whole complicated side of them was set aside.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 18:31:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Thea’s too busy in her own world, being ‘Miss Popular’ and everything up with the juniors to even really care. That, and I think one of the boys from the soccer team is chasing after her… for the longest time.”

While nobody cared about him, he certainly had his way of knowing what went around. Maybe it was part of him being ‘invisible’ most of the time. Keeping to himself unless it was absolutely needed… or when his tormentors were around.

“With Addy it’s a d-different case. She’s too absorbed in with trying to be cute and all that… you know how it is w-with younger sisters who want to be as g-girly as possible,” he continued with the hint of a smile on his face. “C-can’t be helped.”

All three of them may be siblings in name, but in relation? At this point he felt like he was a stranger living with a family who shared his surname.

“It-it’s really complicated a-at home,” he went on, finishing off the body of the Snorlax lunch ball. “They—my parents prefer daughters, over sons.”

As he reached for the head of the Snorlax rice ball, he almost dropped it after hearing what Vic had to say.

“W-wait, are you—are you sure? Wouldn’t… wouldn’t you get… harassed about it?”

He didn’t want to bring anyone down with him, with the way the hole was proverbially opening up under his feet. “Isn’t—isn’t that going to b-be like, some kind of… social… uhh, crap, what was that? Social… something. C-can’t recall the exact word, but…”

In the back of his mind, though, he dared to hope.

For me…? he thought.

You would—you’d do that, just for me?

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 1:36:07 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxbl"]

Vic nodded a couple of times in acknowledgement while he ate his lunch, listening to the other boy talk about his sisters and his relationship with them. Honestly, he didn’t really know what it was like. His own sister was only nine at the time, and as far as he was aware, she couldn’t have cared less about things like popularity and being “as girly as possible”. Maybe things like those would come with time, when she got to be around their age. But, right now? She was more of a handful than what even he had been back when he was her age.
[break][break]
“They—my parents prefer daughters over sons.”
[break][break]
Huh... Was that really a thing? Weird.
[break][break]
”Do they really? That’s kind of silly… Why should those things matter at all?” As always, he was oblivious to that kind of thing, always prone to forgetting that most people out there saw the world differently than what he did. Particularly adults. Especially adults.
[break][break]
When the other boy almost dropped his rice ball in surprise, he laughed; not mocking, but because it was a funny sight. ”Harassed? Mmm… Why would I?” Vic tilted his head, while also being well aware that the other probably meant that his other friends would say the kind of things they had already asked and said. Did Alex think he would lose all his friends if they began hanging out? That was just silly!
[break][break]
”I have a lot of friends, I’ll be fine,” he shrugged, then beaming at Alex ”I like having a lot of people to hang out with. That includes you!” And, he really would be just fine, because things like peer pressure and gossip had never really affected Vic, and he really didn’t see why he would lose his friends thanks to that. He was nice to everyone and liked getting along with them all, that’s what mattered the most.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 9:31:06 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Some f-families can be really… weird. Like mine… I don’t know why, but… that’s how it is,” he said with a sigh as he finished off the head of the Snorlax rice ball.

“Adults can be w-weird, yes,” he nodded as he turned his attention to the Dugtrio-decorated sausages before plucking one out and offering it to Vic.

“You—you want to try this?” he asked. Sharing lunch between friends was normal, right? Right?

He wanted to hope that this would be the real start of—well, a lot of new things.

“O-oh, remember the chocolate you gave me a f-few days ago?” he said after a few moments of silence. “G-guess what I did,” he went on with a hint of a grin on his face.

“Th-they couldn’t… take it from m-me. S-so, I ate it. In-in front of them. Like a cheeky brat would.”

He then broke into a peal of laughter.

“And—and they couldn’t s-stop me.”