eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
this flame will keep on blazing no matter what.
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
Cooling and Rekindling [M]
POSTED ON Jun 27, 2021 17:25:15 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    Mason panted as he ran, his Turtwig cradled in his arms. The Turtwig was heavy for him, but he could care any less. Anyone could tell that the Turtwig was not fine at all, and the sprout on his head was dying. 

The boy then saw someone cooling down a bunch of Pokemon, he hurriedly ran closer towards the man. ”E-huff-Excuse me sir, b-huff-but-“ he gasped once more, obviously in need of air. 

”Can I please cool down my Pokemon with your water!” he was finally able to let it out. Any other person would immediately use the water, but not Mason. He was too polite for his own good.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 28, 2021 14:10:56 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[newclass=.avvy]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avvy img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","vic-poke"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Summer child as he had always been, Vic had always adored the season and everything to do with it. He always looked forward to it, it was always his favourite part of the year, and somehow, his mood was always even better than usual during those sunny summer days with their hot and dry weather.
[break][break]
Circumstances aside, this day was no exception.
[break][break]
A kiddie pool with icy cold water had been set up at Lilycove’s small park, and after using a few treats and a few well placed ”Aw, you’re so cute! Do you wanna come over and cool off?” as coercion, some of the city's pokémon were hanging out in the area – going in and out of the pool after they learned how enjoyable it was to hang out there. There were also a few buckets of ice and water, and bowls from which all pokémon could drink, all of which had been carried to the park by the large and fluffy Arcanine that rested in the shade beneath some trees.
[break][break]
The ranger, dressed informally in shorts and sandals, kept an eye on all the pokémon there, and when the boy came running with a Turtwig in his arms, his gaze fell on the pokémon before meeting that of the distressed trainer. ’Poor kid,’ Vic thought, as he would have been just as worried if that had been his own pokémon and he hadn’t known what to do.
[break][break]
”Hey, it’s going to be okay… Offer your Turtwig some water, alright? I’ll grab you a damped towel so you can put it on them and they can cool off faster,” he instructed, giving the boy a small and reassuring smile before turning to grab a towel from his backpack.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".vic"]width:490px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/kBGhV8f/image.png)[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .top"]background-image:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/530624560375267370/856275998589059112/unknown.png); height:430px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/CJzBmR4/image.png); height:35px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text"]color:#645665; font:10px arial; text-align:justify; margin:-60px 60px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .avvy"]box-shadow:-5px 5px #fee7e9; float:left; margin:0px 10px 10px 0px; height:80px; width:80px; border-radius:50px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text b"]font-size:11px; font-family:Roboto; font-weight:700; color:#4b3b89[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic #line"]border-top:1px solid #eee[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .notes"]font-size:9px; width:300px; padding:10px 10px; border-radius:90px; border-left:8px solid #fee7e9; margin:5px auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke"]position:absolute; margin-top:170px; margin-left:175px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img"]margin-right:5px; padding-bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; transition:0.5s[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img:hover"]background:#fee7e9;[/newclass]
[googlefont=Roboto:500]
close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 9:17:58 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    It had been quite a while since the boy was told that it was going to be okay. For a moment, his heart ache at the thought of his mother. But he had no time to reminisce the past. He had to stay grounded in the present and help his Turtwig, Twiggy.

Wasting no more time, the boy hurried towards one of the drinking bowls and picked one up. With Twiggy cradled in his arms, Mason fed him some of the water. 

Slowly, the sprout on top of Twiggy’s head began to flourish. Mason’s face brightened at the sight of that. ”Twiggy!” he exclaimed as he hugged the turtle-like Pokemon closer to himself. 

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 16:34:25 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[newclass=.avvy]display: inline-block[/newclass][newclass=.avvy img]width: inherit; height: inherit; max-width: inherit; max-height: inherit; min-width: inherit; min-height: inherit; border-radius: inherit;[/newclass][nospaces]
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

The man kept an eye on the boy and his Turtwig as he went to retrieve the towel, soaking it in cold water and squeezing the excess out so it would remain damp and cool. He was glad to see that the little grass type was beginning to recover, offering a smile when he approached the pair once more.
[break][break]
”Much better, right, buddy? You gotta be careful when the days are this hot!” His words were directed at the pokémon, but they were also meant for the boy. A warning, if anything, although he had a feeling the kid had been scared enough by this situation to be more cautious the next time. He didn’t blame him. Things like those could be scary, especially for a new trainer.
[break][break]
Vic looked at him, eyes meeting those that were still clearly filled with concern. ”It looks like your Turtwig will be fine, but here, just in case.” The towel was offered, along with a bottle of water. ”Bottle’s for you, pokémon aren’t the only ones who need to stay cool on hot days like this… You did good by coming here, I bet your Turtwig appreciates it a lot,” he grinned.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

[newclass=".vic"]width:490px; margin:0px auto; background:url(https://i.ibb.co/kBGhV8f/image.png)[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .top"]background-image:url(https://media.discordapp.net/attachments/530624560375267370/856275998589059112/unknown.png); height:430px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .bottom"]background:url(https://i.ibb.co/CJzBmR4/image.png); height:35px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text"]color:#645665; font:10px arial; text-align:justify; margin:-60px 60px 0px[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .avvy"]box-shadow:-5px 5px #fee7e9; float:left; margin:0px 10px 10px 0px; height:80px; width:80px; border-radius:50px 50px 0px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text b"]font-size:11px; font-family:Roboto; font-weight:700; color:#4b3b89[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic .text .notes"]font-size:9px; width:300px; padding:10px 10px; border-radius:90px; border-left:8px solid #fee7e9; margin:5px auto;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke"]position:absolute; margin-top:170px; margin-left:175px;[/newclass]

[newclass=".vic-poke img"]margin-right:5px; padding-bottom:10px; border-radius:100px; transition:0.5s[/newclass]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
POSTED ON Jun 29, 2021 17:25:51 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    The boy muttered a thank you before taking the damped towel and placed it on the Turtwig’s head. Mason felt much more relieved seeing Twiggy it a much better state. Though he was still a little bit worried. 

Mason especially did not expect to receive such kindness from someone he didn’t know, especially the part where he was told that he did good. ”Oh, t-thank you,”, he took the bottle from the man and twisted the cap open, before replenishing himself with the liquid that is essential to life. He did not know how heated his body was until the water cooled his body down. 

”Don’t you think that the weather is a little bit too hot though?” he asked. His worries from before still lingered. His gut told him that something was amiss with the temperature. Like it wasn’t natural at all.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 3:52:54 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Now that he gave the boy a proper look, Vic noticed that he mustn't have been much older than his own younger brother. Cute. They were even kind of similar, in the sense that the kid in front of him definitely seemed to be a bit more on the shy side, but also seemed nice and like he cared a whole lot about the pokémon in his arms.
[break][break]
It made him wonder how his brother was doing back at home.
[break][break]
”I’ll text him later.” Vic made a mental note.
[break][break]
For now, he was more preoccupied with making sure all the pokémon cooled off and weren’t in serious condition, giving the boy a beaming ”No problem!” before returning his attention to the kiddie pool. He crouched down to check the water temperature by dipping his hand, and as he did, he couldn’t help but be distracted by the question.
[break][break]
Don’t you think that the weather is a little bit too hot though?
[break][break]
Was it?
[break][break]
He took his hand out of the water in order to check the weather broadcast for that day on his smartwatch, his brow furrowing ever-so-slightly when seeing the numbers. ”Huh… You might be right, it wasn’t supposed to be this hot today. Weird...” Sure, there was a heat wave going on, but this was just ridiculous!
[break][break]
But, what other reason could there possibly be for the heat?

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 14:36:05 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    Mason was unsettled. He felt like he had to do something. Maybe Amor had thought him well that it is better to act than do nothing. Without thinking much about he stood up and looked at the older man,

”Hey, can I leave Twiggy here with you while I go scout the area?”.

Despite his young and naive appearance, his eyes glowed with determination. 

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jun 30, 2021 20:20:37 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

”Hey, can I leave Twiggy here with you while I go scout the area?”
[break][break]
When the question came, the man stood to look at the boy, lavender eyes fixing on him for a few seconds. Maybe his instincts were right and something really was amiss, but if that was the case, was it okay to just leave it up to him? He looked like he really wanted to do this, but what if something were to happen to him?
[break][break]
It wasn’t as if Vic could go with him either; he needed to keep an eye on the pokémon here, make sure the water stayed cold, and that he would be able to help immediately if any showed up that needed more urgent assistance. It was a difficult position to be in.
[break][break]
”Mmm… Okay, but you still shouldn’t go all on your own...” For a moment, he considered sending his Arcanine with the boy just in case, but he also reminded himself that when he was around that age, he had still been a pretty competent trainer. Heck, in some ways, he had been a better trainer than what he was these days.
[break][break]
With this in mind, he took the Turtwig from the boy’s hands, holding it with care before looking at its trainer one more time. “You have other pokémon with you, yeah? It’s good to always keep one with you… Come get me if anything,” he said, just in case, almost sounding like a concerned parent. They were in the middle of the city, so it wasn’t as if he expected anything dangerous to happen, especially since he was just going to look around, but still, it was better to be safe, wasn't it?

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 13:26:37 GMT
mason moore Avatar
    Mason was a bit amused when he let out a soft chuckle at the older man’s question. ”Of course I have other Pokemon with me, don’t worry,”

He took a Poke Ball from inside his bag and threw it into the open space. Momentarily after, a large serpent-like entity appeared with her own cry. ”Calm down Lily, we are not fighting anybody,” he said as he stroke the Milotic.

Lily had always been his late mother’s ace Pokemon. So she always expect a battle whenever she was brought out, hence the battle cry. The boy climbed up on the floating Milotic, then looked down at the pink-haired man. ”I’ll scout the area first, I’ll head back here as soon as I found something,”.

With that, he and his Milotic went off to begin their search. The Milotic was surprisingly fast, one could only imagine how fast she would be on water. 

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 18:49:20 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

When the Milotic appeared with its war cry, a few of the smaller pokémon were inevitably scared. Some skittered away at the presence of what they perceived as a threat, and some just froze in place. Not like they could be blamed.
[break][break]
Vic himself, on the other hand, gave an approving nod as he watched both the Water Type and its trainer, smiling at the boy before they headed off. ”Sounds good, good luck!” At least it looked like the Milotic was well-trained and probably strong, making him wonder if the boy had aspirations as a trainer or if there was another reason why he had such a competent pokémon.
[break][break]
”You have a really caring family, huh? He seems like a good kid.” He told the Turtwig once Mason and his Milotic were gone, gently scratching beneath the chin of the pokémon before taking him to a nice spot in the shade where he could rest.
[break][break]
Was there actually another reason for this heat?
[break][break]
Vic looked up at the sky, using his hand to shield his face from the sun.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 2:35:43 GMT
mason moore Avatar
     Something told him that the problem came from somewhere near the beach, so that was where he was headed to. He had always believed in his gut, it had helped him through many a situation.

He and his Milotic scoured the beach, looking for anything that seemed unusual. It was summer, the beach was supposed to be packed with people, but none were seen. Perhaps everyone felt like it was too hot to go anywhere near the beach, and that was when Mason sweated like hell.

His shirt was so drenched that he had to take them off, It was definitely hotter at the beach than inside the town areas. This just confirmed that the source was somewhere in the beach, now he just had to find where.

”Lily, let’s soak in the water for a while,” he said, feeling a bit dizzy. The Pokemon wasted no time getting into the water, as she was also feeling a little bit too hot.

Both of them cooled down in the water before continuing their search, this time though, they stayed inside the water. After a while, something caught Mason’s eyes.

A black smoke could be seen at the far end of the beach. The duo went on to investigate it. The boy was careful to stay hidden amongst the waves, keeping a very large distance between the smoke. As he looked closer, he saw a Torkoal looking up at the sky, black smokes and heat waves were emitted from its body.

It took him a while, but then he figured out what the Torkoal was doing and why the weather was so hot. He and his Milotic, Lily, returned to where the nice pink haired man was stationed at.

”I found a Torkoal at the beach, I think it is lost and is scared. It’s been releasing Heat Waves non stop and I’m very sure that’s the cause of this weather.” he explained immediately as he got within hearing distance.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 23:44:08 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

Unaware of what sort of horrors the boy was encountering on his way to scout the beach, Mr Ranger over here also dealt with his fair share of trials and tribulations. It was hard to keep the water cold with this incessant heat, and it almost made him want to get an Ice Type for his new team. Except that, well, an Ice Type would have hated this heat even more than what he did.
[break][break]
Instead, he had his Dragonite make a quick trip to replenish their ice supply, the man finding himself adding said ice to the pool and water bowls by the time the Milotic returned to the little makeshift “camp”.
[break][break]
He paused when hearing the boy’s words though, ice melting and dripping in his hands.
[break][break]
”Oh… A Torkoal?” That made sense, didn’t it? If there really was a scared Torkoal that had been releasing heat waves all this time, then that explained why the heat was even worse than expected and why the air was so dry. Still, that was a bit of a complicated situation, wasn’t it?
[break][break]
”Mmm… That could be difficult…” He mused on the matter out loud, finally putting the ice in the pool and using a towel to dry his hands. ”... Nougat wouldn’t be that affected by the heat waves, but getting the Torkoal to calm down quickly would be difficult… Hmm… Maybe with a sleep-inducing move or something like that…” He really didn’t want to cause the pokémon anymore unneeded distress, so he’d rather avoid a confrontation unless it was absolutely necessary to do as much.
[break][break]
”You did good with finding that Torkoal!” This time, he addressed the boy, grinning at him. And, honestly, Vic was impressed, because most people wouldn’t have thought that something else might have been amiss, and even less would have bothered with going to have a look themselves. ”I’ll radio Ranger HQ and explain the situation so they can take care of it, okay? It’ll be what’s safer for everyone – including the Torkoal.”
[break][break]
Well, won’t you look at that… For once, he was actually thinking about things instead of recklessly throwing his own safety aside for the sake of a pokémon. Maybe, just maybe, Vic had also learned a thing or two. Or, maybe, he would get right back to his old ways when he didn't have as much time to think things through.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 16:14:49 GMT
mason moore Avatar
It was true, the situation was very complicated. They could not simply attack the Torkoal, they need to bring it out of there and back to its natural habitat, in volcanoes and caves. But Mason had no idea on how to do something like that.

Mason definitely did not expect a sudden compliment for him. To him, it came out of nowhere. He simply smiled at that, not knowing what else to say.

The pink haired man had a brilliant idea, to call the Rangers. That was when it hits him that the man was also a ranger, and hence why he prepared a pool and everything to cool Pokemon down. ”Yeah that sounds gr-“

BOOM!

A sudden loud explosion could be heard, stopping Mason from finishing his sentence as his head turned towards the source of the noise. He immediately knew that it came from where he saw the Torkoal. Without thinking about it twice, he immediately went off with his Milotic to the site of the explosion.

As the boy neared, he could hear a roar of a Pokemon, one that definitely did not belong to the Torkoal. Then he saw it, a large Gyarados intimidating the Torkoal. It seemed like the two were about to start fighting, and Mason knew he had to stop them immediately.

The Gyarados lifted its head, then a ball of energy began to form near its mouth. The boy knew what that move was, it was a Hyper Beam, and if he did not act now, parts of the beach will be destroyed.

”Lily Ice Beam!”

The Milotic shot a jet of water at the Gyarados. The water then turned into ice as soon as it made contact with the dragon-like Pokemon, stopping it from fully charging its Hyper Beam.

The Atrocious Pokemon was not delighted to see Mason and his Milotic, it turned to face them and roared before charging at them. Any sane person would jump out of the way of a Pokemon battle, but Mason stayed on his Milotic, eyes determined and his face showed no sign of fear.

”Not yet... Not yet... Now!” the Milotic’s body glowed a bright green before a pulse of energy was released at the raging Gyarados, knocking it away.

He knew he could not simply beat the shit out of the Gyarados. The best he could do was to stall some time and protect the Torkoal until the rangers come.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 22:10:17 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[attr="class","vic"]

[attr="class","top"]

[attr="class","text"]

[attr="class","avvy"]

So much for having the situation handled.
[break][break]
”Wait! Don–” Before Vic could do anything to stop him, the boy had already jumped on his Milotic and fled the scene, probably heading straight for the beach. It was weird to meet someone as impulsive as he himself was (or as he had once been, jury’s still out on that one) and, for a second, all the ranger could bring himself to think was: ”Ah… So this is what it’s like for other people, huh?”
[break][break]
Second of self-reflection over though, the words vanished from his mind, his attention instead turning to his trusty Arcanine. ”Nougat! Keep an eye on things here, okay?” It wasn’t really a question but a command, the pokémon raising its head, twitching his ears, and acknowledging its trainer’s words with a bark. Once this was done, he reached for one of his pokéballs, summoning his Dragonite.
[break][break]
”We need to get to the beach!”
[break][break]
The pokémon wasn’t usually all that compliant, but knowing the urgency in the man’s words probably meant there was action awaiting them, it allowed him to hop on its back – taking off with a powerful jump and flying towards the beach at high speed.
[break][break]
The scene that awaited them was pure chaos, and Vic had to allow himself a moment to take it all in from up above before stepping down onto the sand. ”Paralyze the Gyarados with Thunder Punch!” He didn’t need to say it twice, because the moment he was off the Dragonite’s back was the moment the pokémon swiftly turned in the air, heading straight for the Water Type. Electricity was accumulated as it clenched its claws into a fist, and the moment it made contact with the other pokémon’s huge body, it was with a loud thundering sound that it was all released.
[break][break]
”Kid! Are you okay?” Vic rushed over towards the boy, his gaze wandering over towards the Torkoal that had now defensively retreated into its shell. It had probably burned most of its stored coal when releasing all those heat waves, and honestly, that was probably for the best.

[break][break]
[attr="id","line"]

[attr="class","notes"]

tag ★

[attr="class","bottom"]

close tab

played by

sammey

he/him
eighteen
october seventeen
littleroot town
homosexual
innocent cutie
civilian
55 height
55 height
awards
136 posts
mason moore DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @sammeysimmey
mason moore
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 16:32:17 GMT
mason moore Avatar
His eyes went saucers at the sight of the very super effective move land on the Gyarados, he hoped that the Pokemon was not that damaged by the electric type move.

He couldn’t help but to grin at the question, as if amused, ”Relax, I’m fine. Have some faith in me and my Pokemon,” he answered and commented while rubbing the Milotic he was sitting on.

The Gyarados was definitely weakened, but it could still move. Out of fear of being hit by another electric type move, it retreated back into the water. 

Mason hopped off from the Milotic, eyes at the Torkoal. He walked slowly towards the scared Pokemon to inspect it further. The Milotic stayed behind the boy like a protecter, just in case anything happens. 

He kept a distance between him and the Pokemon, before sitting down, resting his arms and chin on his two knees. He didn’t know what to do. He wasn’t a Pokemon expert, but he did not like to see Pokemon in distress.

So he started humming. He hummed a tone that his late mother used to hum to him when he was smaller. 

The Milotic seemed to caught up on this and closed her eyes, before green energy began to glow from her and radiate around the beach. The green aura soothes the heart of everyone in the distance, including the Torkoal.

A smile appeared across the boy’s face. He forgot that his Milotic could do something like that. He was also glad that things seemed to calm down a little. All they needed to do was to wait for the rangers to come.