awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
thrice upon a time [past][s]
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 1:26:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Alexei had some idea of what had gone down during the time he didn’t attend school.

Of course, with only one friend (could he consider that boy a friend?) to count in the mix, plus with no way of actively contacting him and the fact that most social interactions were withheld from him, he wasn’t sure on what to exactly expect when he made his eventual return (as high school was very different from middle school, after all).

He was definitely ready for the rumors that had run rampant; out of control, during the time he’d disappeared. The worst one he’d heard was the fact that he’d died, or something like that.

Either way, he was used to the rumors surrounding his disappearance at this point. It would happen from time to time, and he’d come to accept it.

Well, for a teenager like him, having such a grim outlook on life had made him numb to all this.

He wondered where Vic was—maybe the pinkette had been chased away by the rumors. He sighed before looking for a place to eat his lunch in relative peace.

Such was the life of a wallflower.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 5:14:08 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

What had gone on during the time Alex didn’t attend school? A whole heckin’ lot.
[break][break]
Disappearing without a warning as he had, of course their classmates had soon realized and began coming up with their own reasons as to why he was gone. Whispers had been exchanged in class when his name came up with every roll call, and sometimes, it would even be mentioned when they were all hanging out during lunch. “Maybe something happened to him.” “Maybe there was an accident.” “Maybe he got expelled.” “Maybe he went back to whatever weird place he came from, ha!” “Maybe he died...”
[break][break]
”Do you know what happened to him, Vic?” They would ask, because of course they would, being that he was the only person who spoke to Alex in their entire class. And, the few times the question came up, the boy could do no more than shake his head and shrug, because he didn’t know, even if he really hoped his friend was alright...
[break][break]
Had he told them to stop with the rumours? Of course! They hadn’t listened though. They had just gone on about it until bored of the topic; Alex’s disappearance soon becoming an event that was no longer new or interesting in their eyes. There were always other things going on to talk about, as such were the ways of highschoolers. That is, at least, until Alex returned as suddenly as he had disappeared, and he once again became an interesting topic.
[break][break]
Everyone had their speculations. Vic though… Vic didn’t care about all that stuff.
[break][break]
”Is it good to be back?” was actually the first thing that he asked when running into the other boy, a bright smile illuminating his expression. He had thought of approaching him while still in the classroom, but he had a feeling Alex himself would have preferred against that. Give him time to get settled in and all that, no? ”Everyone was wondering about what happened to you!”
[break][break]
He had so much he wanted to ask! So much he wanted to tell him!

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:11px roboto;--accent:#EF8883;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb b]color:#EF8883;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 16:11:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

He was—definitely surprised to hear the familiar voice approach him once he’d managed to find a place where he could eat his lunch without being harassed.

That’s a surprise— he thought to himself as he looked up, and recognized the pinkette.

“I can’t say for sure,” he began at last after considering how to answer. “I’ve heard all the rumors. Well, most of what I could pick up anyway… this is nothing new to me, actually.”

Reaching into his backpack, he then pulled out a familiar-looking lunch box—and right there, slightly off-center, was the winking Audino face on the cover.

As for the pinkette’s other question?

“I wouldn’t exactly say that they want to know what happened to me—some of them thought that I d-died.”

Which may have been a little too close to the truth, but he’d already accepted that fact anyway. Such a grim outlook for someone like him, wouldn’t you say?

“Either way, I’m—back,” he said as he pulled the lunch box open, wondering what fresh hell had been packed for him this time.

I mean, this is an improvement to those depressing lunches from before? I GUESS?

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 1, 2021 17:41:42 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

”Ah, yeah. Kind of silly, right? I doubt anyone actually believed that though,” the pink-haired boy laughed, completely unaware that some of those rumours were much, much closer to reality than what either of them would have liked.
[break][break]
How could he have known? It was the kind of thing that people didn’t expect would ever happen until it did, and Vic himself was far from being fatalistic enough to even consider for a second that something really bad had happened to Alex. He had believed his friend would come back to school and be just fine, and he had, so that was that!
[break][break]
Smiling, he sat next to the other boy, reaching into his own backpack in order to retrieve the lunchbox that seemed to be covered by more and more stickers with every passing week. ”What did you do while you were gone? Were you home all that time? That must have been sooooo boring!” Vic went on, chatty as usual, almost as if they hadn’t just spent over a month without seeing each other. Right back to business as usual.
[break][break]
And just like he would have done any other day, he opened his lunchbox and began eating, unbothered.

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 4:20:27 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Catching sight of the lunch box the other boy had pulled out, he was—pretty sure there weren’t that many stickers on it as compared to the last time.

“Am-am I seeing things, or… did your lunch box cover only get even more s-stickers?” he blinked, eyes watering at the brightness that was literally radiating from the pinkette’s lunch box cover. “How do you even…” he continued as he broke into a laugh.

“H-how do those not even come off?!”

Once he’d cracked his own lunch box open, he blinked. The thing in the middle caught his attention.

“Ha—” he breathed out, grabbing one of the cookies and devouring it in one go. “I think th-they got the hint, it’s not as bad as it was before,” he gestured, showing the other the contents.

To be fair, it wasn’t as depressing as the one before the accidental bento swap, at least—at least there was something that had chocolate in it now!

“W-well, about what happened to me while I was—away,” he went on, reaching for some of the mango chunks on the side and picking his way through it to stall for time, “…it’s really boring. You s-sure you still want to know?”

Knowing Vic? Definitely.

Sighing, he finished off another piece of mango before turning to look at him.

“I was confined in the hospital. So it’s way worse than being s-stuck at home.”

There was a definite air of nonchalance with the way he said it, like it was nothing. Then again, there were things about him that weren’t exactly normal to begin with.

the improved lunch

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 7:21:28 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

At the question, Vic could do no more than laugh, almost glad that out of all of the things the other boy could have asked, he chose to question the amount of stickers on the lid of his lunchbox. ”Ha! Yeah… My mum gave my little sister some new ones the other day, and she was putting them everywhere. Cute, right?”
[break][break]
Just like every time he mentioned his family, there was a smile; Vic then turning his attention to his actual lunch and taking a bite out of a sandwich from which someone had carefully trimmed off the crust. That someone being his mum, obviously.
[break][break]
”Ooooh! Damn, you got cookies. Lucky!” A grin. Optimist as always, since honestly, someone else would have probably thought Alex’s lunch still looked kind of a bit depressing and extremely unappetizing. He was going to add another comment about how it was great that his classmate's meals had improved, but then Alex began talking about his time away, and this caused Vic to pause…
[break][break]
Alex had been at the hospital?! Why?!
[break][break]
”Whaaaat! Are you okay?!” He asked, his reaction far different from the other boy’s almost nonchalant way of bringing it up. But, that was to be expected, right? After all, other than a sprain that came as a result of falling from a tree as a kid, Vic’s visits to the hospital had only ever been the standard and expected ones. To him, it was a huge deal.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 2, 2021 23:19:12 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Why, what’d you get?” he asked, curious, trying to take a peek at whatever lunch the pinkette had with him. Asides from a crustless sandwich, he couldn’t see what else was inside the sticker-coated lunch box.

He then reached for another cookie and chomped on it in one go before turning to face Vic, wiping down some crumbs from the side of his mouth.

“It’s n-nothing much, really,” he said as he plucked another piece of mango from the side of the box and ate the chunk. “I’m used to it.”

He wondered idly why the other thought it was such a big deal—

And it was then he realized that the other probably thought of that as weird.

Looking around, he wondered—

“Can—can I trust you with a secret, then.”

the improved lunch

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 0:43:58 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

”Uhmm… Just some veggies, apple slices, and a couple of cake pops.” He tilted his lunch box slightly so the other boy could have a look. Carrot and cucumber had been cut into a small pile of orange and green stars, next to it resting some classic bunny-shaped apple slices. The pièce de résistance was the cake pops though; they had been carefully wrapped and arranged so they would stay in one piece by the time Vic had his lunch, and out of all things, they were decorated to look like two little Drifloon.
[break][break]
”Here, want one?” He asked, picking one up and offering it to his friend, a smile on his face.
[break][break]
Vic finished his sandwich then, but he could do no more than look at the other boy. What did he mean by that he was used to it? Did things like these happen often? Was that why Alex was so pale and why he didn’t even participate in P.E class? Because he was sick or something?
[break][break]
Maybe, Vic was actually smarter than what most people thought. Or, maybe, it was just so obvious that, with enough clues, even someone like him could figure it out.
[break][break]
Still, he just nodded, lavender gaze fixed on Alex. “Sure... What is it?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 1:28:19 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Oh, those look real nice!” he exclaimed at the sight of the dessert. “Those look really pretty!”

Looking at the cookies he had left in his lunch, he then plucked a few before showing it to the pinkette in exchange.

“Wh—hey, it’s only f-fair you get one of these! If you’re going to give that to me… I insist, take one! he added a few moments later. “I-I mean, if we’re going to trade…”

It really was only fair, after all! He didn’t want to feel too guilty about taking something without returning something of ‘equal’ value in return…

While he waited for Vic to grab a cookie, he reached for a chunk of mango and chewed on that before waiting for the other to make his choice.

“The—the last time I told someone about this, it… it brought me trouble. I-I thought they could keep quiet a-about it, but… well… you promise that you won’t tell anyone else about this… w-will you?

here have a COOKIE

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 2:36:22 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

Vic hadn’t expected anything in return when he had given the cake pop to his friend, but when the cookies were offered and Alex insisted upon it, he couldn’t help but grin at him. ”Oh! Sure, that’d be great!” It was the obvious thing to do, right? He would often exchange food like that with the rest of his friends, since a lot of them (mainly girls, but also a few of the boys), would go on about how envious they were of how cute his lunch always was.
[break][break]
”Hmm…” He took a moment to decide, finally plucking out of Alex’s hands a cookie that was covered in both M&Ms and chocolate chips, then immediately taking a bite. ”Shoooo good!”
[break][break]
It was hard to fully enjoy it though, because as prone to positivity as Vic may have been, the things Alex was saying were really beginning to worry him. What was actually going on? What had this other person done to make him so wary of talking about his troubles?
[break][break]
”Alex, we’re friends! If you don’t want me to tell anyone, I won’t.” It was true, because while Vic wasn’t good at keeping his own secrets (likely to overshare as he had always been), when it came to his friends’ it was different.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 3:30:56 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Once the pinkette had taken one of the cookies, he plucked one of the two cake pops and turned it around for a few moments.

“Why does this look too pretty to eat?” he groaned, watching the little floating ‘parts’ move around as he spun the cake pop on a stick. “I don’t want to take a bite, but…”

He decided that it would be better safe than sorry, anyway. The cake pop itself disappeared in one literal bite (because let’s face it, they were small enough to be eaten in one chomp) before he tasted something familiar.

“It… it reminds me of this one,” he said, gesturing to the red velvet cookie that was packed along with the selection that was given to him. “It’s so good!”

“It-it died for our sins,” he added with a chuckle as he ate the ‘tail end’ of the cake pop in one go as well.

Once the mango chunks had disappeared from his own lunch box, he then reached for the foldable fork and began stabbing at the pasta that was in the biggest section of his own box.

“Well… you already know that I don’t join the physical ed classes… just hiding under a tree. You see…” he trailed off as he took a bite of the bell peppers next to the halved egg in his box.

“I can’t get injured. Or cut. Or anything that would have me being sent to the clinic,” he began quietly. Several more pieces of the bell peppers disappeared before he continued.

“I’m so pale because, well, the doctors said I don’t have enough blood. I’m not a vampire, though. I know. I got that a lot when I was younger.”

here have a COOKIE

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 5:34:08 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

It was kind of funny to him to see Alex hesitating so much to eat the cake pop, but that was probably because Vic himself was so used to his mum’s fondness for making everything look like cute pokémon. Their food, some of the patterns of their clothes, the decor in their house, the hedges in their garden, and heck, sometimes she even made their pokémon wear cute outfits that resembled other pokémon. His own Growlithe had ended up a victim of her antics more than once, and Vic always found it way too fun.
[break][break]
”Yeah, it’s red velvet! Mum made those since it’s my favourite flavour,” he explained with a smile when the other boy said it reminded him of one of his cookies, Vic then bringing his own cake pop to his mouth and biting it without hesitation.
[break][break]
And, as he enjoyed what was supposed to be his dessert, he listened to his friend, his brow furrowing ever-so-slightly as he attempted to understand exactly what Alex was saying here. He didn’t have enough blood? How was that possible? Did that really happen to people? Maybe it was just something really, really rare...
[break][break]
”Ah…” Vic began, but he paused, unsure of exactly what he wanted to respond. ”...Has it always been like that? Does it hurt? Those were the right questions to ask when someone was sick, right? Though, honestly, what he really wanted to ask was why they couldn’t just put more blood in him and fix all that...
[break][break]
In his defense, it was a valid question to wonder about.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 10:09:29 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Once most of the contents of his lunch box were gone (this left only the egg and the pasta, and some stray cookies) he looked up to face the pinkette once more.

“Well, it’s…not as easy as it sounds, you see.”

He’d long since accepted that his fate was inevitable. How could someone as young as him face something so… wretched as this?

“There’s a reason why I can never get cut, or hurt, or physically injured.”

Taking a few more forkfuls of the weirdly-shaped pasta, he continued.

“It’s something I got from—from my mother, they said. How women carry it, however it’s not—not ‘active’, as they say. But when they have children, and that kid’s a guy, like me… it manifests. Both my sisters aren’t carriers, as it’s termed. That—that’s why…my family has this weird preference for daughters over sons.”

He sighed afterward.

“That’s also why the blood thing isn’t such an easy thing to do.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 13:03:49 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

Truth be told, Vic hadn’t thought anything of what the other boy was telling him sounded easy, but he also had no frame of reference when it came to things like those. To him, at worst, being sick meant a couple of days in bed with a fever and feeling too nauseous to eat most things he usually loved, but even then that had only happened a handful of times in the short life of the teenager.
[break][break]
Was there really something like being sick all your life? Did that mean Alex had never known what it was like to live without having to worry about all that? Thinking about that made Vic sad.
[break][break]
”But… None of that is your fault, they still shouldn’t be treating you any differently…” He understood why Alex’s parents may have preferred girls if the boys always would get sick, but it still seemed silly to him that they treated Alex so differently because of it. It wasn’t his fault. He hadn’t asked for any of this. If there was one thing the boy had come to learn about his friend in the time they spent together, that was that he clearly envied the way his sisters lived, and that he wished he weren’t treated so very differently.
[break][break]
”Mmm… Alex… Are you gonna be okay?”

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 3:08:51 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’ve long accepted it,” he said with a sigh as he stabbed more pasta onto the fork and ate in silence for a few moments.

“That I’m not meant to stay here very long. It’s… it’s also why I’m a-afraid of b-b-b-blood… and… and Gh-Ghost-types… even if Litwick are r-r-really cute, and d-don’t mean to do wh-wh-what they’re supposedly known for.”

Him, walking close to death? It was more likely than one would think!

At the question if he was going to be alright, he grabbed one of the remaining cookies and ate it whole.

“You—you may think of me as… weird, now,” he said after he’d finished the cookie. “That—how can… how can someone like me think—like this. Not like a normal…teenager would,” he went on.

Once the pasta was gone, he sighed once more.

“I d-didn’t choose to be born like this, b-b-but… it’s happened, it’s done,” he continued.

“Wh-wh-what else can I do… than to just face it head-on?”