Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math.
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
thrice upon a time [past][s]
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 4:03:43 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

Vic watched him. Really watched him. Watched how he struggled with his words, watched how he hesitated, watched how he avoided the question, and also watched how he tried to act brave about all these things that had haunted him since he was born.
[break][break]
It didn’t seem right at all.
[break][break]
“Wh-wh-what else can I do… than to just face it head-on?”
[break][break]
Instead of saying anything, he pinched the other boy’s arm. Not too hard, but hard enough to make him stop.
[break][break]
”Hey! I don’t really get what all that’s like, and I don’t think I ever will, but like… You can’t give up on yourself like that, Alex. Don’t you have... mm,... goals and stuff? Things you want to do when we’re out of school! Being sick may be a part of your life, but it’s not everything about it, right?” These words were said with such a confident smile. The confidence of someone who had spent the entirety of his short fourteen years of life knowing exactly what he wanted to do when he grew up, and slowly but surely working towards that. Vic had goals, Vic had ambitions, and he wasn’t going to let anything get in his way when it came to that.
[break][break]
”I know you probably didn’t mean it like that, but you’re right: you gotta fight!

[break][break]

[attr="class","credit"]milky

[newclass=.blboxb]font:11px roboto;--accent:#EF8883;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb b]color:#EF8883;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb i]color:var(--accent);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb a]text-transform:uppercase; font-weight:bold[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb]position:relative;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 4:54:35 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Goals?” he blinked, listening to Vic and what he had to say.

His eyes grew wide in alarm as the other had touched him; this was exactly he wanted to avoid, and he was about to grab the pinkette’s arm to make him stop. What part of what he just explained earlier (or at least tried to) did he not understand about not getting injured or physically—

“How—how about you? I-I mean, y-you obviously d-do, but— he began to stammer, before realizing that his throat was prickling—another sign that he was about to start crying.

“Vic, l-l-look at me!” he said at last, pulling his arm away before a bruise formed.

“I-I-I can’t do much, b-b-b-because, a lot of—a lot of th-th-things, that I want to chase after—are improbable, if-if not impossible! I-I-i-I d-do have d-dreams, yes, b-b-but they’re… f-for someone like m-me, who…who runs the risk of b-b-bleeding t-to death from just a very tiny little bump, or a s-s-scratch, o-o-or a bruise—do you think I can chase after that without getting physically h-h-hurt? Th-th-those dreams?!”

Blinking furiously, he took a deep breath, before he wrapped his arms around his body, shaking.

“Th-th-the only thing… I want t-t-to do, that—that I feel, is s-s-safe enough… is… is to f-f-fly. Fly… away.”

Shaking his head for a few moments, he sighed before he turned to face the pinkette once more, unable to stop himself from crying.

“V—Vic.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 7:19:47 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

”Me? Of course I have goals! I–” He was going to tell his friend exactly what his goals were, exactly what he dreamt of becoming someday, but the other boy’s tone grew louder, and he seemed to be freaking out even more than what he had been earlier.
[break][break]
Oh.
[break][break]
This was not what Vic had intended for at all. He didn’t know what to do. But, he also wasn’t selfish enough to keep talking about himself when his friend was almost crying...
[break][break]
”Alex…” How could he explain it to him? How could he make him understand? Alex had spent his whole life battling things Vic himself would never face, and it sounded like that whole time he also had people telling him he wasn't going to get very far. How could he convince someone after a life like that? How could he make him listen? Vic didn't know how to answer all of those questions, but he had to try. ”...No one said dreams are supposed to be easy.”
[break][break]
They weren’t. That he did know. His own dreams seemed impossibly far, but there was still something that always made him smile about the thought of one day reaching those heights…
[break][break]
”You’ve made it this far, right? I bet you could fly away someday!” Lavender eyes met lilac ones, and despite it all, there was a smile.
[break][break]

[break][break]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b; border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; ransition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]

[newclass=.blboxb .credit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 9:16:58 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“They never were meant to be easy,” he began with a sigh as he rubbed a hand across his eyes. Ah, hell.

“It’s… it’s just that I have… a higher… a h-higher barrier to c-c-cross before I can… get there. If-if only humans c-c-could grow wings, l-l-like that father…and son. Who flew to th-their freedom, b-b-but…the kid went t-t-too close to the sun and died after he f-f-fell.”

I wish I was a bird… he thought to himself as he took a deep breath, an attempt to calm himself down.

“I want to be a bird. I-I-I wish I was one… free to fly. Unbothered by most things,” he said once he’d quieted down, stretching a hand out to the sky, an attempt to ‘grab’ a cloud.

“Flying—up there. Free. No w-w-worries, nothing t-t-to care about, just—just them, the sky—the open air. Freedom.”

Clearly it was something he lacked in spades.

“S-s-sorry if I went off on you like that, Vic.”

He then grabbed the last cookie (a red velvet one) and broke it in half.

“F-f-forgive me?” he asked, holding out the other half.

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 10:35:13 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

”Mmm… Well, if what you want is to actually be a bird, I bet you could pass for a Rufflet!” A joke. One that came quickly and smoothly, and that was followed by a short laugh; ruffling his friend’s hair for no more than a second so it would somewhat resemble the Eaglet Pokémon’s white ruff. If anything, it was an instinctive attempt to ease the tension between them in one of the only ways he knew how. The kind of thing he did when his sister was upset or when things were tense among his friends.
[break][break]
”But, you know… if what you want is to be free, then I think you can do that. Your parents won’t decide everything about your life forever, right?” With these words, he smiled, his gaze still fixed on the other boy when the apology came in the company of half a cookie.
[break][break]
At this, Vic shrugged. ”It’s okay. I bet all that stuff is really frustrating… You don’t have to apologize for feeling the way you do or for talking about it. It’s fine.” He meant it too. He didn’t want Alex to think it was not okay to talk about his feelings or like he was being judged for it, since Vic himself knew all too well how much it sucked to feel things like those.
[break][break]
“I’m taking the cookie though!” And so he did; grabbing the delicious offering with a grin and biting it.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,054 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 4:10:22 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Wha—hey! My hair! he yelped, stuffing his half of the cookie in his mouth and ducking down; an attempt to swat away the hands that had messed up his hair. He liked it sitting on top just so, thank you very much—

“Of all the Pokémon it had to be a—well actually, y-you may have a point. B-b-better than a Vullaby, at least!” he said with a laugh. “I d-d-don’t have black streaks!”

“And—and here I was, us, here in school—being the w-w-weird ones for not starting our journey at… the age of ten. H-how different would it be if you’d started y-y-your journey at ten instead of after…high school?”

He’d seen a lot of kids younger than himself coming and going through the sleepy little city, way too eager to get into a Pokémon battle or two. Or several. Either way…

“Th-th-thanks… for not laughing at me.”

close tab

played by

Azul

Vic
He/Him
June 21st
Mistralton City, Unova
Pansexual
Fortree Ranger Captain
Elite Ranger
breathe me in
breathe me out
158 height
158 height
awards
377 posts
part of
TAG WITH @vic
Victor Wexler
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 9:56:09 GMT
Victor Wexler Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blboxb"]

Vic laughed at his friend’s reaction, a bright and cheerful grin illuminating his expression while the other attempted to fix his now-messy locks. ”Ha! Nah, you definitely look more like a Rufflet than a Vullaby – it’s all in the hair!”
[break][break]
But, when the question about starting their journey was asked, he suddenly paused; his smile softened as his gaze fixed on Alex’s own. Did he wish he had started his journey at the age of ten? Would he have rather been out there traveling and challenging gyms, instead of at school with his friends? The soccer team, all those people he adored that he had met since starting high school… would he had been willing to give all that up for the sake of his dreams?
[break][break]
”It’s kinda stupid, isn’t it? To travel when you’re ten…” It was a surprisingly realistic answer coming from someone like Vic, but he shrugged as if it were the most obvious thing to say. ”I bet I’d have no clue what I’m doing if I went out there! Challenging gyms is haaaard, so I don’t wanna do it until I feel like I’m totally ready for it, you know? Ha… Like... I can’t even get close to beating my dad in a battle right now, how am I supposed to win against the current Champion if I can’t even beat an old one?!”
[break][break]
There was a laugh, but he meant every single word he said, for his dreams had never been something that was taken lightly by the boy. ”...I’m gonna do it one day though. After we graduate.”
[break][break]
He didn't hesitate. He didn't say he would try. Since, at his fourteen years of age, Victor Wexler knew exactly what he wanted to do with his life.
[break][break]
Shame that things wouldn't turn out the way he planned.

[break][break]

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,938 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
POSTED ON Jul 6, 2021 3:59:19 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: