gleam

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 19:32:26 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"Cian.. it-it's getting dark."

This time, her voice trembles. The clouds deepen in colour, the sand cools rapidly. For a brief moment, as she watches over his shoulder, the lights don't come on. There is just enough light remaining that their sensors aren't detecting the need to turn on.

And it reminds her of the images she'd seen on the television, of the 'Blackout of Slateport'. Of the shadows that had swallowed the city whole, and the bodies--

"I want to go home now, I think. I'm scared."

But she doesn't budge from where she sits. Instead, she holds fast to the man's hand, or seeks it out if he had at all let her go earlier.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,964 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Jul 15, 2021 20:13:43 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]the tremble of her voice does not go unnoticed. he's confused for a second, but something akin to worry takes over.

"no problem, avery. you're safe with me, alright?"

moving to stand, he makes sure to keep his hand still in hers.

"come on. i'll take you home."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 0:06:21 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Her grip is like iron despite how terribly she trembles. Her breathing is quick, rapid, evident of her stress and anxiety. There is fear in every glance over her shoulder, every startle of her heart. The lower the sun sets, the darker the sky becomes, and the faster her heart beats in her chest.

"Yes, okay. Yes."

She repeats it to herself quietly so as to convince herself. She trusts him because it's in her nature to. She's willing to put her safety and security in the hands of a complete stranger, a man who's merely stayed long enough to learn her name and offer her a nice meal.

But he says he'll take her home, and that is the one thing she holds onto most.

"Please don't leave me alone."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,964 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 9:46:43 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"i won't."

whatever troubles plague her is lost on him. still, he knows the urgency in her voice, the fear, and knows best than to leave her alone.

so as they walk back the way they came, he looks to fill the silence:

"would you like to talk about something? maybe it'll help keep you distracted."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Aug 10, 2021 17:30:24 GMT
Deleted Avatar
There is no nausea, no hot flash at the back of her neck, no indication at all that she might be sick.

Which means he's telling the truth, and even though she doesn't fully grasp the changes her body has undergone, his honesty brings her relief. He would feel her anxiety's begin to melt with the release of her iron grip. Her thumb idly strokes up and down his own, mostly in an attempt to soothe herself.

But it is also for him.

"That's a good idea, okay.. yeah. Uhm.. do you.. have any family? Brothers or sisters?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,964 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
gleam
POSTED ON Aug 12, 2021 9:39:24 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]of course it'd be about his family. he chuckles, nodding as he returns the gesture with his thumb.

"one older, one twin. both are idiots, but i love them."

there is affection behind his words.

"you?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
gleam
POSTED ON Aug 17, 2021 3:04:47 GMT
Deleted Avatar
Avery's eyes widen in surprise, followed by a wide smile. He offers her (though neither of them are aware) genuine warmth and fondness when he speaks.

"You have a twin?"

Somehow, she can't imagine it. A boy who looks just like him - or a girl, she supposes, as he hadn't specified. The woman tilts her head, curious and affectionate before her smile brightens further.

"I have a brother (does she still lmao??), but we don't talk a lot. Last I heard he was a pro surfer or something. Really nice guy, really talented.

And then my grandparents, too."

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,425 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
gleam
POSTED ON Sept 25, 2021 2:31:43 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB