orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
i'll wreck this if i have to; tell me, what good would that do?
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
choices
POSTED ON Jul 3, 2021 18:26:35 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Shit.

Of all the answers Theo could have given, Blacephalon was the one thing short of a legendary that could shake the councilman's confidence.

It shows immediately, shock in the dark of his eyes.

Because he's not sure if it's true, but he's certain it's possible.

There'd been multiple Guzzlord at Mauville, multiple Buzzwole in Lilycove. Hoenn had been absolutely teeming with Poipole and Naganadel during the three-day war. Who was to say that the Blacephalon owned by was the same one that had terrorized Slateport and Littleroot?

He remembers the explosions. The deaths.

He closes his eyes for a moment, inhales. Nods.

"I suppose you'll be wanting my phone, then."

Theo had just told him to put it down. He does, now, and slides it across the table. He laces his fingers and keeps his hands where Theo can see them; it's clear that he's taking him seriously, now. He keeps his chin up, defiant.

"What now?"
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
HIDING FROM THE SUN, WAITING FOR THE NIGHT TO COME.
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
choices
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 9:32:38 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]the phone's slid across the table but theo doesn't reach for it. there's no point to. instead, he shifts in his chair, straightening his posture as he clears his throat.

"now we take a walk."

he gestures towards the door.

"it'll be a particularly long one."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
choices
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 9:56:41 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
Should he be scared? There is only anger, muted by his desire to ensure the Blacephalon stayed in whatever pokeball had managed to contain it. There's a hard glint in his eyes but he refrains from any action that would draw attention to them.

Slow, deliberate, he finishes his coffee before standing up.

After a moment's consideration, he decides against reaching for the phone. If Beckett wasn't going to take it, then let it be a clue.

"Am I going to survive this 'walk'?"

There's a sharp edge to his tone. Not fear, but mockery.

He remembers the Rocket of before, cruelty and bloodshed. Burning cities, slaughtered families. He doesn't buy their propaganda of peace for a second — especially not when this monster out of Kanto threatened the lives of twenty-six people like it was nothing.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
choices
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 13:25:25 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]"you sure you're orion lykos? you seem different. tougher; less like a bitch."

a shrug.

"i'm glad i could help bring out this side of you."

only now does he reach for the phone, pocketing it before gesturing towards the door. both hands stay in his pockets.

"after you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.beck] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .beck b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .beck a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .beck .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .beck .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .beck .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .beck .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

thorn

orion
he/him
thirty
august 9th
lilycove
homosexual
ranger
elite
awards
1,144 posts
Orion Lykos DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @orion
Orion Lykos
choices
POSTED ON Jul 4, 2021 13:32:36 GMT
Orion Lykos Avatar
His laugh is almost snarled.

"Yes, I'm clearly the bitch in this scenario. I'm sure twenty-six people would agree with you."

Yet for all his bark, he doesn't bite. He keeps his hands out of his pockets, doesn't protest when Theo pockets his phone, and though he holds his head high and exudes confidence rarely demonstrated off of the battlefield, he still complies with the request.

The Hoenn air is humid, choking.
close tab

played by

noodles

beck
he/him
thirty-eight
march 11th
cinnabar
bisexual
human resources
underboss
829 height
829 height
awards
5,387 posts
THEO BECKETT DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @theo
THEO BECKETT
choices
POSTED ON Jul 5, 2021 10:05:31 GMT
THEO BECKETT Avatar
[attr="class","beck"]twenty-six lives spared.

but at what cost?

sometimes it's difficult to sympathize. beckett certainly doesn't understand the struggle to decide. he would've sacrificed twenty-six for the greater good.

perhaps that's what separates them.

"let's go."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
39,029 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
choices
POSTED ON Jul 8, 2021 4:06:01 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]THREAD COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS: