[m] memories of the past

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 1:15:08 GMT
Deleted Avatar
 keeping wild Pokémon away from the site of the Three Day War? sounded easy enough, even if she was a bit more seasoned now. the new Officer was on her way to the rendezvous site, glancing around for her partner. it seemed the League decided that any job needed two or more people. Shiloh distinctively remembered when Kanto fell to Rocket...

she had calmed down since that time, even if it burned in her system to this day. the war had taken everyone. Rocket, League, civilians... it knew no bias. even if there were indeed Rocket bodies under the markers, she would still do her duty. her Jolteon was with her today, looking a bit nervous since his evolution.

"you'll do fine" she praised him softly.

open mission + memorial maintenance
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 1:33:01 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Another day, another visit to the Lilycove memorial.

This time he wasn’t accompanied by the #1 troublemaker, however he could still feel the weight of loss pushing down on him.

How’d he let that one get away and die at that… woman’s hands? He felt bad as a ‘parent’, even if all the other Phione had seen it happen. It was just—

He didn’t know how to handle it.

The thudding noise of a crutch would shatter the silence as he approached, still trying not to put weight on his right foot as possible.

Ugh, sometimes it sucked having an aggravated injury. Moving around made things worse—however he had to keep moving otherwise the wound would only fester…

Either way, he held a bunch of flowers in his left hand as he approached the memorial.

So many names…

@shiloh
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 1:51:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
sometimes it wasn't fair. life wasn't fair. Shiloh didn't know much loss, apart from Kanto falling. she had been too young to really remember the region, her little trips there in the summer doing nothing to solidify a bond. she had been a teenager; she wanted to hang with her friends in summer. she didn't want to visit a place she once lived, being reminded of leaving.

"oh" shaken out of the thought she saw a man limping toward the memorial. Jolteon hid behind her, shuddering at the stranger's presence. the man had flowers in his hand and he... seemed solemn. was this her partner for the patrol? she approached and made sure he could hear her do it. "excuse me, sir" she begins "are you doing the patrol today?"

2/5 + memorial maintenance

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 2:00:37 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I—happened to be in the area for a visit, however word sent out that there would be someone here, so here I am too,” he said, looking up from his private musing.

He wasn’t going to be alone—which was a good thing, considering he needed the distraction to keep him busy.

As soon as he was close enough to the memorial, he leaned on the crutch for a bit before placing the bouquet of flowers on top of the memorial.

“Have you—lost anything near and dear to you?” he continued as he backed away to allow her some room to breathe, as he scanned the memorial once more and saw the names—some familiar, other strange.

Yet they were all there. Six feet under and rotting away.

Nothing but a stone memorial to remember them by.

@shiloh

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 2:33:43 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"I see" which was all she could hope to say. the man was clearly in some type of mourning. the crutch was a testament to his participation in this war "the League sent me to chase away anyone that shouldn't be here. mostly Wild Pokémon" though the words did catch her off guard. loss? "no... I haven't. not really."

she pauses before walking closer to the memorial. a hand flashes out, straightening the flowers in a suitable arrangement before backing off. "I just got to Hoenn. I'm new. I haven't experienced anything like loss" but "I lived in Kanto, but ages before it fell to Rocket. I wasn't close to it, not as close as I could have been."

she fell silent, allowing the man to continue if he liked. she was here to listen and watch it seemed.

3/5 + memorial maintenance

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 3:57:07 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“It’s a hard thing to deal with, loss,” he continued once she’d finished speaking.

“Lots of people lost a relative, or a friend, or some acquaintance in the battle. I—you may think of this is stupid, but I lost a Pokémon. Not to the war, but to someone else’s mishandling before the war ended.”

Scanning the names on the memorial once more, it fell on the previous Champion’s name, and he sighed.

“They said ignorance is bliss, but that can also be its own undoing. Since you mentioned you haven’t lost anyone near and dear to you—try to keep it that way, if you can?” he continued.

“Because once you lose something important to you, it’s tough dealing with the aftermath of everything that comes afterward. The denial, the hatred, the begrudging acceptance. It sucks not being able to move on and move forward.”

He then realized that he may have been dragging the mood down, so he turned to face the blonde again.

“Are you from Unova, by any chance?” he asked, letting a bit of his accent bleed through.

@shiloh
close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 10, 2021 6:31:13 GMT
Deleted Avatar
a Pokémon's life was just as valuable as a person's in her humble opinion. she'd cry if she lost any of her own for any reason. luckily her old bulk were retired and living peacefully in Unova. "I'm sorry for your loss" Shiloh says to the man, glancing away from him to focus once more on the monument. so many lives lost in the war... when would it end?

"I -" she pauses, grinning awkwardly "from Kanto, originally" but her 'accent' from Kanto was lost when she moved. lost to the time spent away "I lived mostly in Unova, yes" another pause, arching her brow as she looks back and recognizes his own Unova accent "Nimbasa, actually." she had looked up to the Gym Leader there, wanting to be one... one day.

4/5 + memorial maintenance

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 2:07:09 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“Ah, I thought it sounded familiar,” he said with a bit of a grin on his face as his own accent resurfaced.

“Was guessing you were from Castelia, but that’s nearby too. I’m from Mistralton myself,” he shared.

“Did Nimbasa ever have that Purrloin problem Castelia always had—they keep yowling and fighting over garbage cans every single chance they get. Nightmare being in the back streets of Castelia in the evenings, honestly. All that racket…”

Reaching up to the memorial to brush off some stray dust near where he left the flowers, he turned to face the young lady once he was done.

“What brings you here to Hoenn?”

Surely it wasn’t just the sights…

@shiloh

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 2:40:57 GMT
Deleted Avatar
"no, we had more of a Pidove problem" Shiloh smiles fondly "they were attracted to the bright lights and the food people threw for them mostly." when she had been a kid, feeding the Pidove was both frowned upon and adorable. her father rid her of the habit once Shiloh was cornered by them one day - though she hadn't bothered to tell him she was too traumatized by a group of Pidove nagging her for food that his 'plan' didn't work.

but as to what brought her here...

"I came to fight with the League" she says to him "I actually got promoted to Officer today, so they sent me here" there was some pride in her voice but other than that, she didn't have a big head "Rocket took my homeland; it... it didn't feel right, enjoying the peace Unova had. maybe if they won in Hoenn, they'd move somewhere else. to Unova, Sinnoh... anywhere else. I wanted to stop them." she admits with an uneasy smile.

"but... it's a lot more than an idea." Rocket was vast and large. it was powerful and dangerous. she was just one person. 

5/5 + memorial maintenance

close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,045 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 11, 2021 4:10:33 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the mention of a Pidove, he let out a cackle.

“It’s more like—the males are the aggressive ones. The females of the species are calmer, but come mating season they can be just as terrifying as their male counterparts. That, and people feeding them whenever they come down to roost didn’t help matters. Kind of like how Wingull here behave, especially near the coastal areas.”

His eyes widened for a few seconds at the mention of Rocket, before he let out a minute sigh. Nothing to be noticed by her, just him letting out the tiniest of noises.

“They are a major pain in the ass,” he said of Rocket. “Especially when they announced they’re actively here,” he added.

“I can’t blame you there. Seeing them out of the region would be for the best, I’d agree there.”

As for the mention of Rocket taking over other regions? Terrifying.

“As long as they don’t take over here, and we can end the threat permanently—everyone can rest easy when that happens.”

Taking a deep breath for a few seconds, he let the silence settle between them before continuing.

“I know I don’t have much time, but I’m here to help drive them out as much as possible, hopefully soon if not later.”

@shiloh

close tab

played by

SHIV

GONGAGER
he/him
October 13
GONGAGA
gongaga-romantic
gongager
gongago
me?
gongaga
808 height
808 height
WHERE ARE UNOVA REMAKES
awards
38,782 posts
shiv DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @shiv
shiv
[m] memories of the past
POSTED ON Jul 12, 2021 0:47:49 GMT
shiv Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","TRAINER"]
[attr="class","omaccepted"]
[attr="class","omacceptedtop"]MISSION COMPLETE!

[attr="class","omacceptedmid"]

YOU RECEIVE THE REWARDS BELOW:[break]

[attr="class","omacceptedlinks"]
[attr="class","omacceptedlinks1"]TAGS:
@shiloh (OFFICER)