tightrope, high hopes [c]

i used to dream in the dark of palisades park

close tab

played by

noodles

who knows
27 height
27 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @daniel
DANIEL WALKER
POSTED ON Sept 26, 2018 10:38:44 GMT
DANIEL WALKER Avatar

repetition is hard to break out of. eventually, there comes a point where repetition starts to feel natural, and that naturalness translates into a safe space. a comfort zone. if not for the league and their constant stream of missions and training, daniel would be lost.

that said, he still feels like he's in his comfort zone; which isn't a bad thing, but it makes him underachieve. he's not looking to grow because there's no reason to. and that causes a problem, because every morning when he wakes, he already feels bored. things feel stagnant.

the best way to combat that is to break free from routine; which is why daniel finds himself in rustboro.

it's early in the morning as he jogs down the stone pavements of rustboro. the city's elegant design is complimented by its unique cityscape; buildings built with stone reminds him of a time once forgotten. as he recollects and reminisce, he can't help but feel a bit nostalgic.

trailing behind him is his pancham, who's clearly struggling to keep up. "come on, punchie! you gotta' lose some weight; you're looking a bit chubby." but punchie's had enough, so he slumps onto the floor and lays flat on his furry back. daniel stops.

"cool. five minutes? cool, cool." taking a breather himself, daniel looks to his left at the building they stopped in front of. "huh." rustboro gym. he's never thought of challenging them before, but now that one's in front of him, the prospect excites him. "come on, punchie. we'll rest inside." 

it's a trick, of course, but it's the only way daniel knows to get the pancham to follow. the glass doors slide open to a cool flow of air that hits them. both of them relish it for as long as they can.

"hi! is the gym leader here? i'd like to challenge the gym."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 3:06:00 GMT
Deleted Avatar

There is an air of rustic prestige that emanates from the interior of the building despite the simplicity of its design; an almost refined grandeur of protected displays scattered throughout the lower level and leading to the main podium– modern seamlessly married to the past.

It is a spectacle nestled within the heart of a nostalgic Rustboro, a building that she is more than pleased to whisper hushed praises about especially when it seems to brim to life with unfamiliar determined faces– when hope seems to sing deep within the hearts of the challengers that step within her domain.

This is what gives her heart, a passion forged from an unbending resolve and ignited by those determined to embark forward on their paths– a career she does not regret adopting despite its sudden origins only years prior. It’s a challenge she anticipates with open arms and unwavering smile; even if it intends meeting the unexpected.

It does not take long for glass doors to slide open moments after her next challenger inquired about her presence and before daring to speak a word, she glances to look at a time that seems far too early for the rest of the world.

Before the attendant could muster a response, she intervenes, “Yes, she is.” Silvia offers a kind smile, her gaze momentarily glancing towards the quiet expanse of her gym and settling onto the pancham.

“Normally, I would have you face off against other trainers before approaching me…”

close tab

played by

noodles

who knows
27 height
27 height
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @daniel
DANIEL WALKER
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 3:53:07 GMT
DANIEL WALKER Avatar
it doesn't take long for a voice to call out from the midst of nothing, addressing him back in full. her kind smile doesn't go unnoticed; he makes sure to return one of the same kind. as she approaches, daniel swiftly reaches down to his pancham and pats him on his back, clearing his throat as he does so.

"stand up straight please, punchie." formality is called for in her presence, and he's willing to give it.  punchie does as told, albeit reluctantly; the pancham meets the curious eyes of the gym leader, though doesn't smile in return; too tired.

as the gym leader speaks, daniel's eyes strayed off to the rest of the gym. "...but no one's here yet, right?" he chuckles as he pulls out his phone to look at the time: a little past six thirty. "i'm sorry, i didn't realize how early it was. i was just out for a run and saw your gym; which looks beautiful, by the way." 

it takes forever but punchie soon realizes a gym battle might be imminent. he reacts by tugging at daniel's leg, even going so far as to shake it but daniel stands firmly.

"i can come back later, or?"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 5:39:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar

His stance seems to shift upon her addressal in favor of formality and what was once considered a stoic inquiry soon blossoms into pleasant greeting– she welcomes the change all the same, all while a light hearted laughter bubbles past her lips, “Thank you, I appreciate the effort, but you can stay at ease.” Kind words were matched with a gentle tone and her gaze would soon settle upon her challenger opposed to the small pancham at his side.

It does not take long for the absence of trainers to be mentioned, especially when her reluctance seems to linger between them moments after her trailed worlds; her career did anticipate surprises though was not prepared for such an earlier arrival especially one that had seemed impromptu. Her hesitation seems to waver within the air, her gaze glancing towards the quiet expanse of the main floor before returning her attention back to the man; there seemed to be something different about him, an earnestness she’s failing to place.

“It would be a shame to send you home especially after all the effort…” Her words seem to hang heavy, a decision having yet to be made as she contemplates her options before making a final decision.

A silence would settle in the room, her attention having yet to waver from the man before she clasps her hand together; her lulling from the tip of her tongue, “I’ll accept the challenge.” Her response is brief though there seems to be an underlying tone of an excitement laced in her voice.

“Welcome to the Rustboro Gym, I’m Silvia Fiore.”

close tab

played by

noodles

who knows
27 height
27 height
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @daniel
DANIEL WALKER
POSTED ON Sept 27, 2018 7:00:55 GMT
DANIEL WALKER Avatar
her words aren't asking for a response, so he doesn't give one; instead, he waits patiently because he knows it's not a decision he could influence. the outcome is the same regardless: if she says no, he'll return at a later time (probably); and if she says yes, then he'll grace her with a worthy gym battle.

the tugging at his leg doesn't stop so he starts shaking back. it's subtle, but definitely noticeable once the pancham starts whining. have you ever heard a bear cub whine? it doesn't sound very pleasant; cute, but not pleasant.

after the silence comes relief laced with a careful hint of excitement, for a battle is imminent. her words are an invitation, and he accepts it in full.

silvia fiore is a name he'll remember. "thank you, it's a pleasure." a smile. "i'm daniel walker, and this here is—" he reaches down and loops an arm around the pancham to lift him up. "punchie. say hi." the pancham waves; and that's all he does as he hangs in daniel's arm.

"thank you again for accommodating us, silvia. we'll be sure to make it worth your while."

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 1, 2018 0:35:19 GMT
Deleted Avatar

There is a panic in those whines or perhaps an unspoken fear when her invitation breaks through a thoughtful silence, she doesn’t quite know the reason for the pancham’s cries of distress; it was a difficult reason to place. However, the cries are subdued alongside woeful shaking of a pokemon when her challenger moves to cradle him; a sight that she considers to be cute, much more than the cries that bounced off the walls of her gym.

“The pleasure is all mine, Daniel.” She returns the formalities without missing a beat and when her attention is directed towards a panicked pancham she offers the same kindness that she had with his trainer; briefly lifting her own hand to return the small wave she received– all with a soft smile, “Nice to meet you too, Punchie.”

It was when pleasantries subside where she hesitates for a moment and her smile grows more timid at the promise of a memorable time; almost as if she had a recollection of something. Yet, it is suppressed in favor of showing Daniel and his companion towards the back of the gym; a gentle coaxing of her hand as she moves to walk past.

“6:30 is a bit early for an unplanned visit, was this on whim?” Silvia turns her head to peer over her shoulder, an honest curiosity laced in her voice.

close tab

played by

noodles

who knows
27 height
27 height
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @daniel
DANIEL WALKER
POSTED ON Oct 2, 2018 4:36:23 GMT
DANIEL WALKER Avatar
her hospitality is appreciated as he follows her lead to the back of the gym, tailing closely behind. he meets her gaze when she peers over her shoulder. "it was. i have trouble sleeping so i'm always up early. there's actually very little to do this early in the morning." the choice is usually running outside or running in a gym. rustboro has a nice enough atmosphere that makes running outside more than viable: it makes it pleasant.

the battlefield soon comes into sight. "are you usually up this early, too?" another peer around the gym tells him enough. "seems like you're here even before your trainers." which is an admirable feature, but he keeps that to himself.

daniel allows her to take the first step into the battlefield; this is her gym, after all, and he is a guest. standing by the edge, he puts punchie down and kneels for a moment to address him. "don't worry, you're not going to battle." punchie smiles, feeling relieved. "unless you want to?" multiple shakes of his head tells the tale.

chuckling, daniel rises to his feet and looks at silvia. "this is my first gym challenge, so please take it easy on me, silvia." a joke to break the tension; if there's any.

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 4, 2018 4:04:10 GMT
Deleted Avatar
He is honest with his response when he tails behind her, a characteristic she finds admiration with as she leads him past a multitude of displays that decorate the interior of the rustic gym; there was a certain calmness towards the situation that had her at ease the further the two shared words with one another– a different pace.

His question is next after her own and she welcomes the curiosity without second thought, “In some cases, yes, I am awake this early though my trainers are not expected to do the same,” Her words are laced with honesty when she speaks, the expression in her eyes almost seeming to light in an excitement when Daniel’s curiosity pushes further; It was an exchange she found to be refreshing, one that she doesn’t quite indulge in all that often, “Truth be told, we hadn’t anticipated an early bird such as yourself.”

Her words still maintain a truth to them and pure from any ill intent, his arrival to the gym was one she accepted after all and one she intended to keep. It would not take her long to move towards her side of the battlefield when he allows her to take the first steps, her movements brisk yet paced as she stands opposed to him, “A challenge is a challenge, but I’ll make sure to keep it interesting.” She assures Daniel before summoning the first of her arsenal.

“As you know, you will be pitted against my pokemon, if you succeed in subduing them then you will earn this gym’s badge. If there are any questions, you are more than welcome to ask. If not, I will give you the first move.” Her words transform into something far more firm, a hint of professionalism as she lays out her guidelines; with that, her Lycanroc stands in the field awaiting for not only her command, but Daniel’s move.

close tab

played by

noodles

who knows
27 height
27 height
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @daniel
DANIEL WALKER
POSTED ON Oct 5, 2018 15:46:12 GMT
DANIEL WALKER Avatar
the mood of the atmosphere shifts and warps the moment silvia reaches her end of the battlefield; but it is to be expected. "no more questions." he affirms it as he starts stepping towards his end, and once there, he lowers himself to let the pancham roam free; he trusts the fighting-type enough to not cause a ruckus.

he doesn't want to keep her waiting long. she had been kind enough to engage in a battle she had no obligation to, so it's the least he could do. hand to his pocket, he finds gaea's pokeball and calls out the dragonair.

elegance seems to be a common theme that most dragonairs share. the dragon-type takes a moment to adjust to the new environment; blinking once, twice, before slithering over towards daniel. she doesn't need to say anything: daniel already has his hand held up for her to nudge her snout into.

"it's nice to see you, too. i'll need your help with a battle today, gaea." his voice is soft as he addresses her; gentle, and kind, and caring. "are you ready?" 

a nod signifies the start of the battle. "take it easy, gaea." his words are hidden instructions. a subtle movement from her body is the start of a DRAGON DANCE as she positions herself carefully on the battlefield. with a smile, daniel looks across, towards the gym leader.

"good luck!"

close tab

played by

awards
0 posts
Deleted DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @Deleted
Deleted
POSTED ON Oct 28, 2018 8:54:15 GMT
Deleted Avatar
His affirmation to her question is precise when he stands opposed from her and she nods her head towards him, a slow and gentle movement when he settles himself on the opposing end of the battlefield. There is a semblance of anticipation that wavers from her as she stands there watching Daniel and a smile pulls at the corner of her lips at his hushed preparations; especially when rock covered terrain is met with elegance– met with a dragonair.

Her head tilts towards the dragonair the moment the situation shifts its focus onto the battle and she hums, hums when the first command is given out from Daniel– a dragon dance. The smile from her lips does not falter when she witnesses the dragonair prepare itself for the battle to come and instead, she nods her head towards her Lycanroc; her instructions clear and unwavering, “Cover the terrain.”

It does take the canine long to heed her words and use the lull of the battle to their advantage. With that, various sharp rocks settle onto the field and levitate with an ethereal glow– stealth rock, an entry hazard. Precautions are set in place and her Lycanroc paces their own side of the field, small careful steps as he waits patiently.

“Good luck to you too, remember to have a little fun!”

› uses stealth rock.

close tab

played by

noodles

who knows
27 height
27 height
awards
94 posts
part of
TAG WITH @daniel
DANIEL WALKER
POSTED ON Nov 3, 2018 20:50:03 GMT
DANIEL WALKER Avatar
with the terrain now covered it makes switching out a less viable play. he runs through the options in his head but knows he has the upper hand because of the type-advantage. what he doesn't expect is the lycanroc: it's fast and agile, unlike a normal rock-type pokemon.

he'll just have to be as fast.

"try an aqua tail, gaea." 

daniel might not be the most competent battler but his pokemon are. dragonair knows what to do from that simple order: she slithers forward but as she reaches close, she uses her AGILITY to make her movements unpredictable and in a flash, she swings her AQUA TAIL towards the lycanroc.