awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 15:25:26 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
another traditional one on one battle with a man by the name of .

the name doesn't ring any bells for sam. because of that, he approaches and holds out his hand in an attempt at being friendly, sportsman like, even.

"wish you well, mr. maher."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 15:28:46 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"the same to you, sam."

cian's not usually one for formalities but he extends his hand out regardless, accepting the handshake. he pulls away not long after to call out his choice for the battle.

"i like the tattoos."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 15:52:21 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"thank you. i like the hair."

social reflection was how sam survived. somebody said they liked something, sam returned the compliment so there wasn't a misunderstanding.

once they were finished with formalities, he got to his side of the arena and released his own choice for the battle, a honedge. it floated around, sheathed, until the bell whistled.

"don't be rash."

the warning triggered an defensive move to be made, instead of offensive. the honedge's body shimmered with an IRON DEFENSE.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 16:17:37 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"let's be rash."

probopass nods with his entire body, then floats forward a little. his nose plops off, drifts up, then points straight at the honedge.

electricity courses and from it comes a ZAP CANNON.

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 23, 2021 20:03:19 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"what's that saying, no nose goes?"

sam smirks, watching the electricity hit his honedge. it's a good hit, but honedge holds out. it won't be a long battle, not with moves like that. but he's willing to give it his all until he drops.

"xiphos, use your head!"

with a twist, the honedge closes in, flinging his IRON HEAD into the probopass.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 9:46:24 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"no nose goes!"

the nose actually falls back down, reconnecting to probopass with a spark of electricity. the honedge closes in, forcing them into a battle they'd otherwise prefer to keep at range.

"drop it!"

after taking the IRON HEAD, probopass' body vibrates before intensifying GRAVITY around them. the rock-type drops to the ground, suddenly much heavier.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 24, 2021 13:35:20 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the honedge wasn't exactly a battle genius. because of this, it only knew a select few moves. because of that, there were only a few strategies which sam could unleash with it.

namely, xiphos was just going to ram the nosed pokémon with his IRON HEAD until something happened, which is exactly what he did a second time.

"keep at it, but keep your guard up!"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 13:57:21 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"keep at it!"

their battle plan isn't complicated: survive the IRON HEADS to come and return the damage twofold.

the IRON HEAD connects once again, but this time probopass' nose shoots up, then points back down to fire off a ZAP CANNON.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 14:04:07 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
that zap canon caught the honedge just right and had sam relaxing his shoulders. because it was enough. the honedge didn't have much in the way of combatting that, and the iron heads had made it a little dizzy.

as the honedge fainted, sam found himself smiling and returning the blade to its capsule.

crossing the arena, he held out his hand.

"good battle. interesting strategies."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 10:55:30 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"oh, we did it."

thankfully, his words escape him as a mutter — of course he'd win. devon wouldn't be sponsoring him otherwise.

probopass' nose returns as cian steps forward, approaching sam with an extended hand as well.

"don't think we had much of one but thanks! you from around here, sam?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 12:49:52 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"i've come over from kanto," sam begins as he released cian's hand as the handshake concludes. "but i'm the caretaker for mt. pyre."

it's something he's said the whole tournament. meeting new faces and introducing himself to new people. seriously, he felt as if he'd met the whole region by now...
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 14:52:28 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"oh sam from the hnn article! i thought i definitely saw your face before. i usually never forget a cute face."

grinning, he asks:

"you got some time to kill now, sam from kanto?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:29:05 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"a what?"

a cute face? who ever called his face cute? was his face cute? so many questions and no time to get answers as he's asked if he as time to kill.

"if that's a sexton joke it's a good one," sam's the the humor of a middle aged dad. "but i don't have any responsibilities to take care of at the moment, if that's what you're asking."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,824 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 8:48:58 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"a cute face."

cian's sure he definitely said it clearly. maybe sam's just not used to being flirted with; they'll have time to change that.

"it wasn't meant to be! but i'll take it."

with a laugh, cian gestures for sam to follow.

"good. then you're free to grab a few drinks. you try the watermelon smoothies yet? shit's amazing."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
cian vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 16:07:06 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"huh."

hit the nail on the head, he's not used to being flirted with. as a matter of fact, noticing he was in fact being flirted with and picked up had him wondering if he should have said no.

but he'd already said yes, so here he was, following cian and shaking his head at the question posed.

"no i've never had them before. i'm not the biggest fan of watermelon."