Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 20:15:56 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS EVETTE

Battle between complete strangers

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/867945880358113310/Megalo_Box_OST_Soundtrack_13_47_-_The_Slum_City_feat._COMA-CHI_320_kbps.mp3[/player]
The journey through his former home continued, and he couldn't truly call it a visit without swinging through the local market.

As the ocassion demanded, there were a lot more stalls now than usual, selling treats and trinkets as opposed to the usual produce and meats. Homemade merch you would not find anywhere else dotted the many stalls lining both sides of the road.

He had just been spying a -based pin with goggley eyes he was pretty sure would interest when a ping suddenly went off from his pocket.

Blinking, the youth immediately pulled out his phone, the H✩T Battle App opening up automatically to inform him a match up had been found within 100 meters of him, and an alert had thus been sent to both participants.

Curious, the youth tipped back his Glitch-branded sunglasses and looked around, raising his phone in the air to signal his possible opponent of where he was.

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
i used to dream in the dark of palisades park.
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 20:53:49 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
This was not the first time that her phone led to an encounter. Which was a bit odd for she rarely used it. Yes, she made important calls with it from time to time, but Eve was not someone who liked to get into the newest trinkets and widgets. Yes, mother had insisted she’d learn how to use social media and the like. But during her journey, she usually tried to keep usage of the phone to an absolute minimum.
Only for this odd tournament – which had rules she did not completely understand, but kind of enjoyed nonetheless – she needed it. There was an app that now told her that she had found a match, beep, beep, beep.

So, Eve looked up from the bench she was sitting on, watching the Chespin climb a tree. Out today in a white, simple dress and sandals, she was going for a simplistic, but also somewhat mature style. One that contrasted her oddly coloured hair and eyes, thus putting some nice emphasis on them in her opinion. Looking about, she did not search for anyone specific. Instead, it was behaviour she was scanning for. Et voila, there he was. A man that apparently was looking for someone he did not know, too. That was the tell-tale sign of having found an opponent.
Plus, he was raising his phone. But she did not need something so obvious.

Still, Eve rose and took a step towards him, indicating a brief and small curtsey of all things. “I take it you are the blind-battle-date for the day, then, good sir?”
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 21:08:30 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS EVETTE

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/867945880358113310/Megalo_Box_OST_Soundtrack_13_47_-_The_Slum_City_feat._COMA-CHI_320_kbps.mp3[/player]
From amongst the crowd, a single person met his gaze and held it.

A woman dressed in a mature fashion that contrasted nicely with her odd, beautiful natural colors. She was terribly polite, too!

The youth looked around playfully, before pointing at himself.

"Sir? I don't look that old, do I?" He said with a short laugh, before nodding. "But yeah, seems like it, missy! Name's John, friends call me Doug!"

The app didn't tell him his possible opponent's identity, but he could work out the human element himself.

He brought his cellphone up and flicked the app into its map, it pointing out the nearest League Approved, Silph-Manufactured Street Battlefield.

"Hnnn... That one's nearest." He said as he turned in the general direction pointed by the app, gesturing with his neck to the girl. "Shall we? You from 'round here by the way? Never seen yer mug in Slateport before!"

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 21:27:17 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“I would say that ‘sir’ is a frame or state of mind, rather than a declaration of age,” she replied in her usual, friendly fashion. Truly, she called most people in settings like that by more polite terms. Swimming leisurely on the back of a Lapras was one thing, but in a populated city and when addressing opponents? That was different altogether. An opponent always deserved respect. Father had taught her that. Though, naturally, that did not extend to Galarians to him. The difference between an opponent and an enemy, she reckoned.

That, however, had no bearing now. The man had introduced himself. “Evette, though most just call me Eve. I do not insist on Kalosian pronunciation. Heck, she all but preferred others using Eve as long as they did it properly for that reason. “I must confess though…Doug strikes me as an odd variation of John. Is there a specific story behind that?” She had heard something about names like Dick or so for Richard, which was weird already. But Doug for John she had never heard before.
For now though, she allowed him to lead. Clearly, he had more experience with impromptu battles such as this. “Of course. I am always ready to test my mettle in this. At least during this festival.” And at least when she wasn’t getting drunk. But she reckoned few would remember her from back then, even if she had sung a little piece there…
That, too, was a function of her slightly different attire.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 21:44:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS EVETTE

The youth made a show of shuddering exagerattedly, sticking his tongue out at the girl playfully.

"Reminds me waaay too much of my next birthday." He said, clicking his tongue.

In 8 or so months, he would be 18. Too old to be called a kid, too young to be taken seriously by other adults. He was not looking forward to it. The kids' club had only just formed, and it already felt like he would have to leave them all too soon.

"Pleasure to meet'cha all the same, Eve! That's a pretty nice name." He said, testing it on his mouth to try and get her method of pronunciation right before glancing at her. "So yer Kalosian, then? Ya probably get this questiona lot, but mind if I ask 'bout Lumiose City?"

His charged city, Mauville, had apparently been remodeled into its currently, closed off metropolis self based on that Kalosian city. He wanted to know more.

"Huh? Oh, sorry! My full name's actually John Douglas Sullivan." The youth explained.

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 22:26:06 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Sticking out his tongue was….unexpected. Mentally, Eve readjusted her expectations. So far, she had assumed that this boy would be a seasoned, mature trainer. But it seemed that he was a great deal younger than she was. And given that girls usually grew up faster than boys anyway, she was probably quite a bit ahead of him.

But at least he was still courteous. That was more than she really expected of people his age these days, if she was being honest. “Yes, I hail from Kalos. And I have lived for a while in Lumiose City, too,” she replied, ever polite. It truly was something that came up a lot. Probably because in addition to being Kalosian, she had more exotic looks as well. It was not something she was overly conscious about or anything, however. Just something that she noticed from time to time.
Plus, he had at the very least answered her question quite sufficiently. Not like she could begrudge him for that, after all. “And oh, so it is merely your second name. Though if you ask me, I much prefer John to Doug. It has a certain ring to it, masculine, driven. Doug is a bit more laissez-faire, at least from the sounds of it.” Well, at least that was one way to put it.
The polite way.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 25, 2021 22:40:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS EVETTE

Doug scratched at the back of his head, mouthing the words 'laissez-faire' under his breath with a measure of palpable confusion.

"laissez whuh...? Uh, it caught on when I was kid." Doug said after a moment, shrugging to her and grinning. "We were a small group of bugcatchers... And we were all named John."

To begin with, He hadn't cared muchfor the name John in his youth, finding it much too common- specially given the existence of the 'John Doe' term.

Naturally, their second names swiftly became their primary names.

Then he met , and gained a new appreciation for 'John'.

Not that he would tell her that.

Either way- old habits die hard.

"Ya can call me whichever ya prefer." He offered as they made it to the designated battle spot. "So, bout Lumiose- Huh? Oh."

As they entered its limits, the floor lighted up with a pokeball symbol, crosscheck checkered patterns of white and transparent appearing as the limits were clearly delineated by the Silph systems.

A confirmation prompt was offered by the apps on their phones, and without a second thought, Doug hit the yes on his, and awaited for Eve to do the same.

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 11:02:42 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Naturally, she hit yes as well immediately. This was something she had gotten used to by now, after all. Though, admittedly, her company was often worse, much more eager to fight, rather than converse. Which was a bit of a pity. One could learn a lot about another person in combat for sure. Yet, without at least something to build on, those details could quickly become meaningless in and of themselves.

This was better. Getting to fight and getting to know others. Especially since she was primarily doing this for the latter experience, anyway. “What of it, John, dear? If you want to ask me something, you will have to ask me~. I could talk for days about the city without repeating myself, after all,” she replied with a chuckle. “Either way, which format are we using here?”
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 14:51:12 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS EVETTE

The youth startled slightly, scratching at the back of his head as he blinked. 'John dear', was he being teased? That was a change of pace!

"Haha, I'm just not too sure 'bout what to ask!" He admitted with a bark of laughter as he fished into his pockets for a pokeball. "I more or less live in Mauville now, ya see. The City was restructured into a closed off Metropolis relatively recently... And apparently, it was all based on Lumiose. I was curious of the two compare but... you would have to see Mauville first!"

He would have to ask after the tournament, if she ever swung by his home turf.

"Anyway- how about doubles?" He asked as he produced two particular balls, remembering his ill-fated match against . "These two need a little more practice."

He threw the pokeballs out, releasing Joy the Blissey and Vivi the Hatterene into the battlefield once again. The two blinked twice. Once at the battlefield, once at each other, before glaring at their trainer.

"Oi, don't look at me like that. You two are a great pair!" He defended with a pout. "I'm the one who botched that one; so... let's keep our heads and make up for it this time!"

He swung his arm towards Eve next, grinning cheekily.

"Your move, Eva dear!"

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:26:12 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
“I guess so,” she replied, smiling. “But that means I can’t really answer your questions too well, if you had any concrete ones.” Usually, she was pretty open about things and ready to tell others as much as she could. Yet, it was difficult both without a proper question and without really knowing what it was all about. Oh, well, nothing she could do about all that.

Battle first, anyway. “Doubles are fine with me. I got others that I am still getting used to, myself,” she replied, sorting through her balls so far. She’d only bring out one, though. Chespin was already following them and he would be one of her choices. One of the only male Pokemon she had, incidentally. For the other, she chose her Foongus. Those two looked like they could work together somewhat well.

In the meantime, Doug the John seemed to be sorting out some blood with his ‘Mons, so she let him do that. “Sure thing,” she agreed to her priority. Not like she was going to let him have that anyway for this somewhat simple game plan. “Rage Powder and Bulk Up, let’s go,” she instructed her Pokemon. One to draw the enemies into attacking the Foongus and only it, while Chespin used that time to become stronger.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 15:47:38 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS EVETTE

"Oh! Maybe I can show ya some pictures after we're done'ere!" The youth said with a snap of his fingers.

It wasn't as good as seeing it with her own eyes, but it should give her enough to compare, hopefully! With that out of the way, the battle could begin- and he could appreciate her idea.

"Not bad! We'll just have to put one out of commission first, then! Joy, Sing! Vivi, Mystical Fire!"

The Blissey spread its arms wide and closed its eyes as it elevated its voice, a high, soft melody generating from its open maw towards the enemy, a borderline magical effect to it threatening to put those who heard it to sleep.

The Hatterene's move was much more dynamic, its head tails swinging forth to point at the Foongus, spreading wide to like a claw before visibly super-heating, a red glow enshrowding it before a blast of flames surged forth towards the grass type.

-Blissey used Sing.
-Hatterene used Mystical Fire on the Foongus!

close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 16:31:23 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
At first, it fell asleep. But then it was put on fire, so it woke up quickly thereafter, only to almost faint from that attack alone. Fire was quite effective about these kinds of Pokemon, after all, but somehow, it managed to hang on. Probably not too bad, since going out in a single attack would have likely hurt its pride more than it needed to.

It survived, for now. “Use synthesis,” Eve instructed it and the battered fungus started to heal up a little more. In the meantime though, Chespin was finished bulking and psyching up, instead wishing to offer some payback to those who hurt its partner. Thus, it surged forward, turned part of its arm into a kind of hammer and would try to Wood Hammer the Blissey in the face, to stop it from singing. The little one was way too worked up to sleep, but that song did tug on its consciousness, so it was trying to get rid of that.

“Oh, right, pictures are fine. That’s the one thing I actually use my phone for, other than, well, calling people” Eve added, not wanting to be rude here.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 16:44:03 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS EVETTE

"I don't use my phone much either-!"

BONK!

The Blissey's concert was cut short as a massive hammer was brought crashing into her face, sending her rolling back with a squeal while Doug and Vivi both winced, suckling in sharp breaths.

"Ya okay, Joy?!" The youth shouted over his shoulder as the Blissey smacked onto the Silph barrier dizzily, wobbling as she tried to stand up.

Vivi, for her part, found her brow falling low as she scoffed, glaring down the Chespin before turning her superheated pony tail at it-

And blasting it with Mystical Fire!

-Blissey got bonked!
-Hatterene used Mystical Fire on Chespin!
close tab

played by

Lime

Eve
Female
February second
Lumiose City
Bi
Singer
N/A
Single
54 height
54 height
awards
360 posts
part of
TAG WITH @lime3
Evette Moreau
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 17:12:31 GMT
Evette Moreau Avatar
Eve, too, winced. “That was…violent,” she commented, feeling a pang of guilt for hurting something so cute. But it had joined the fight. That meant it was willing to take a hammer to the face. Simple as that. While not merciless, she was the kind of person who accepted the world as it was and battling with it. After all, if he wanted to save his Pokemon from further farm, he could always recall it.

But Eve was not going to just let this go. Not when she had the advantage.
The Blissey was reeling.
The Hattenna was angry and tried to shoot Chespin in the back.
And Foongus, being a loyal sort, decided to stick to the plan and once more released its rage powder.

That probably would get it knocked out, for sure. But they’d still have the advantage that way. “Knock it out for good with a Body Slam!” The smaller Pokemon didn’t have that much body to slam, but it was riled and roided up, so it would hit the Blissey in the stomach as hard as it could, unless stopped.
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Evette (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 26, 2021 17:28:10 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS EVETTE

Vivi was already pissed, but having her anger forcefully redirected certainly pushed said animosity a level or so higher.

She screamed furiously, the intensity of her mystical flames increasing as they surged towards the Foongus.

Joy the Blissey was, if not a terribly adept fighter, at least a durable one- it was certainly the species specialty. But she had already had her fill of battle for the year. She had little to no fighting spirit in her.

The Chespin body slammed her, and her current position did the rest of the work, her brain rattling inside her head before the lights went out.

"... And then there were 2." Doug said as he returned the nurse to her pokeball, sighing. Maybe he should just leave her on healing duty looking forward.

"That aside, you are doing pretty well for yourself! Battle often?" He asked Eve.

-Super Mystical Fire on Foongus.
-Blissey fainted!
img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP