Serena Malcolm
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 6:52:02 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","header"]Serena Malcolm

[attr="class","setting"]

Things hadn't really been the same between them ever since that night, and understandably so. Danny's life just got flipped upside down and probably for the worst. While Serena felt bad for him, she also knew there was nothing else she could possibly do for him. She'd given him every opportunity to leave while he still had the time. [break][break]

This, this was the beginning of the end. She'd brought him to Rocket HQ so that he could get settled in his dorm and she could give him a tour. She 'sold' the penthouse back to the owner of the complex. She had plans to buy it again under a different alias once everything had calmed down. But for now, the both of them needed to lay low, so they would be staying here. [break][break]

She'd shown him the rest of what the sub had to offer and they were ending back where they began, just the baths and dining hall left. It felt...weird to have him here with her. They didn't say much, she wasn't quite sure what to say. She just made sure to explain and properly introduce each are of the sub for him. [break][break]

She hadn't introduced him to Gavin yet, that would come later. But she had reported about the incident to her mentor already. Besides, she didn't want to overwhelm him. Things were tough as they were and she didn't have any intention of making them worse. "And we're back here." she said softly as she glanced towards him warily. "Just the dining hall and the baths left."
[break][break]
[attr="class","oocnotes"] + [break]
+ Serena's outfit[break]
+ xtra:[break]

[attr="class","pokeclass"]

[attr="class","milkcredit"]milky

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#1cc7d6; --bgimg:url(https://i.imgur.com/93ztkwm.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg b]color:var(--accent); font-weight:none; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass]text-align:right; width:520px; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(100%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#accentcolor; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg a]font-weight:bold; text-transform:uppercase;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .header]text-align:left;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 8:12:41 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]it isn't as easy as danny thought it would've been; but then again, he wasn't really thinking when he made the decision, at least not in the way he should've.

it all feels overwhelming, to say the least, and by the end of the tour he's quiet, silent as they approach the baths and dining hall.

"it's pretty big."

far bigger than he expected it to be.

with a faint smile, he tilts his head over to her.

"thanks for doing this, sera."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
You don't wanna see me bratty~
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 8:23:34 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"Yeah, of course." Serena says as she offers him a small smile. She wasn't going to leave him to his own devices when it came to Rocket after all. Biting her lip she glances down at her feet. It's silent for a moment and she feels the creeping anxiety build up in her chest again. After a moment she continues. "Listen, Danny..."[break][break]

She begins but she's not sure what to say? "...I know I've said it a lot but...I am sorry." It was true, she didn't mean to get this caught up and she certainly didn't mean to drag him here of all places. Perhaps it would've been better if she vanished but would that have really solved anything. [break][break]

She just wanted this tension to go away, but that was easier said than done. Everything was a mess and Serena wasn't good at cleaning up. If anything, she was more likely to run from her problems than to address them or come up with a workable solution. It's been a bad habit of her's that she's been trying to break for the longest.
[break][break]
+ Serena's outfit[break]

[newclass=.blbqimg]position:relative; --accent:#1cc7d6; --bgimg:url(https://i.imgur.com/93ztkwm.png);[/newclass]

[newclass=.blbqimg .pokesprite]color:#32a852; background:rgba(0,0,0,0.1);border:1px solid rgba(0,0,0,0.2); margin-right:10px; margin-top:5px; padding:5px; filter:grayscale(90%); transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pkspr:hover]background:rgba(0,0,0,0.2); filter:none; transition:0.5s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img]background:#2b2b2b;border-radius:100px; border:1px solid #solid 1px #232323; border:1px solid #232323; margin-top:-30px; padding-bottom:12px; transition:1.5s; margin-left:8px; box-shadow:2px 2px transparent;[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .pokeclass img:hover]background:var(--accent); transition:1s all; box-shadow:2px 2px #232323 [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .milkcredit]font:bold 15px poppins; transform:rotate(90deg); position:absolute; bottom:55px; right:45px; color:rgb(65,65,65); text-shadow: -1px -1px 0 #222, 1px -1px 0 #222, -1px 1px 0 #222, 1px 1px 0 #222; text-transform:uppercase;font-weight:bold[/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .setting]background-image:var(--bgimg); background-size:cover; background-position: bottom; filter:saturate(100%); height:150px; width:400px; margin:10px auto 20px; background-color:#accentcolor; background-blend-mode:lighten; [/newclass]
[newclass=.blbqimg .oocnotes]font-size:x-small;border-top:1px solid rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.2);padding-left:10px;padding-top:10px;text-align:justify;margin-top:15px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 8:27:49 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]danny already knows what's coming even before she says it. she's said it a lot; too much now that anymore just makes him feel guilty. so he shakes his head, interjecting:

"it's fine, sera. i didn't do anything. i chose this."

even now there's a distinct lack of danny in his voice.

"and this isn't too bad so far. the sub's actually quite nice."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 11:05:41 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"it's fine, sera. i didn't do anything. i chose this."[break][break]

Serena didn't know how true that was. If he had never met her, never fallen in love with her, then he wouldn't be here right now. Maybe he could've been living the perfect life with the girl of his dreams by now. Instead he had some damaged girl that on her way to becoming the best weapon in this criminal organization's arsenal. [break][break]

"and this isn't too bad so far. the sub's actually quite nice."[break][break]

He didn't sound like he used to, but he was trying his best. Maybe Serena should leave the matter alone and do her best too. After all, ignoring things was the far easier option. She offered him a smile as she nodded. "Sure. It has its charm, in a 'metal coffin submerged in the ocean's depths' sort of way." she teased. [break][break]

"Want to head back to your room? We could start unpacking some things there." she said as she turned towards him, a hand gently resting on her hip. Serena didn't think she was ever going to stop worrying about him but if this put him at ease then so be it. She'd do her best and she'd only get stronger so that she could better protect him. Protect them both.
[break][break]
+ Serena's outfit[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 11:17:01 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]he chuckles at her tease, nodding and shrugging at the same time.

"that's one way to look at it."

turning to look at her, he nods.

"yeah, that sounds good."

his room's bare, lacking in decoration and personality. it's literally a steel box, maybe a coffin, and it makes him both sad and uncomfortable as he steps in.

"it's...nice."

a lie.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 11:35:50 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

At least he managed to chuckle at her joke. It's been a while since she even last saw a proper smile grace his lips. "yeah, that sounds good." he says and she nods leading them back towards the dorms once more. Once they made it to his room she opened the door and they both stepped in. "it's...nice." he said strained. [break][break]

Serena flashed a knowing grin back at him. "Yeah? A total upgrade from where we just were." she says as she moves and plops down on his hard bed. "Can't get any better than this. 5 stars, luxury, privacy, and with a nice view." her sarcasm rolled off her naturally, falling in line with this new shift in perspective. "You can be honest, Danny. This place is ass. We all know it." she chuckles lightly. [break][break]

Glancing over towards the boxes before letting out a sigh. Her smile faded and she continued. "You won't have to stay here long. Just...until things die down." she turns her blue orbs back over to him. "I'm...already making plans to get our home back." she referenced the penthouse in an attempt to reassure him. "We worked pretty hard on it after all."
[break][break]
+ Serena's outfit[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 11:47:56 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]still, despite the situation, she's able to coax a genuine laugh out of him. for moments, no matter how brief, he forgets.

"love it much more already."

but he nods, reality sinking back in.

"it's pretty ass but i'm sure it has its merits. could be rooming next to a really cool dude for all i know."

a few doors down is 's room. perhaps they'll meet someday.

"yeah, i'm sure i'll be out of here in a couple of weeks."

he also has plans on buying their penthouse back. first, he'd need help with creating a new identity. maybe someone from intel could help? .

"where will you be staying?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 13:09:40 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"it's pretty ass but i'm sure it has its merits. could be rooming next to a really cool dude for all i know."[break][break]

Serena shrugged, sure that could be true. Nothing wrong with that, maybe making a few friends here would do him some good. After all, as much as this was a criminal organization, the people here were good. Serena had been here long enough to learn that. Rocket was part of her family now. Much more than what she could say about the League. [break][break]

"yeah, i'm sure i'll be out of here in a couple of weeks." she nods, glad he understood he wouldn't have to suffer this place for long. "where will you be staying?" he asked her and several things rushed to mind. The first being the last encounter she had in her own dorm room with Genesect. The event still brought shivers down her spine. She couldn't unsee the blood splatters on her wall. No, she wouldn't be returning back there. Not if she could help it. [break][break]

Then her thoughts went to her brother. Again, they hadn't really been on speaking terms after he found out about her being a member of Rocket. In fact, it was because of that reason she moved out in the first place. She couldn't bring herself to go back there. Her pride wouldn't let her do it. What other options did she have left? [break][break]

"I...uh..." she said as she scratched her cheek. "Not sure, at the moment." she admitted honestly. "But I'll figure something out, don't worry." she said as she offered him a chuckle.

[break][break]
+ Serena's outfit[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 27, 2021 14:06:25 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"could always stay on the sub."

with me.

though he doesn't say it; he isn't sure why he doesn't and that worries him.

he steps over to the two boxes and flips the top one open. inside are articles of clothing; nothing special, really. he left most of the important things in oldale where they belong.

"i don't think they separate by gender either."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 1:36:00 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

"could always stay on the sub." he said after a moment. Yes, that was certainly the more obvious and easier option. She just couldn't bring herself to stay in her dorm anymore. She watches as he moves over towards one of his boxes and flips the top open. "i don't think they separate by gender either."[break][break]

Serena tilted her head to the side. Was he suggesting she stay with him? "No, they don't but..." she said softly before flashing him a sympathetic look. "I...figured you wanted some alone time so I wasn't going to intrude..." it was true. With everything going on she figured he needed his space. [break][break]

She didn't want to make things worse trying to force things to be the same when they clearly weren't. So she was just going to stay somewhere else till he was ready.

[break][break]
+ Serena's outfit[break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 10:02:38 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]danny lifts the box and places it off to the side, freeing up space on the bed for them to sit. it feels uncomfortable as he settles on it; perhaps it always will feel this way.

"i did, but..."

foolishly, he says:

"this is a bit more difficult than i thought it'd be."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 11:22:57 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

Serena nodded as she listened. She knew, he wasn’t that hard to read, and she’d been with him for a little while so even though he hasn’t said anything to her his body language and the way he interacted with her let her know enough. She would never push him, so she figured it was a good idea to give him the space he seemed to desire, since being around him was only causing issues. Watching as he moved to sit beside her she frowned as she continued to listen.[break][break]

That was a pretty loaded statement that could literally mean anything. “What’s more difficult?” She asked getting straight to the point. “This relationship?” She asked. If it was so difficult why hadn’t he backed out when she had given him multiple chances to? This was exactly what she wanted to avoid. Serena didn’t say anything as she cast her gaze away from him. If it was true then things were starting to shape up exactly how they went with her ex and it left a bitter taste in her mouth. [break][break]

But beyond that, it made her furious. Her jaw was rigid as she attempted to calm herself down. He hadn’t given the answer yet. Still looking away, she continued, “Or do you mean all of this?” Either way it was a slight towards her. Their relationship of her being a member of Rocket. Both were facets of her identity. He had said he wanted to know the real her, this was a start. The tip of the iceberg. If he couldn’t even handle this, then Serena wasn’t sure if things between them would be able to continue. Which brought her right back to her frustration. He wouldn’t have to endure this ‘difficulty’ had he taken the out when she had given it.

[break][break]
+ Serena's outfit[break]
+ xtra: on mah phone, so if it’s janky sorry [break]

close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 11:28:33 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]danny doesn't realize until it's a little too late to do anything but to clarify.

"no, no, not us. i just mean all of this."

her frustrations are recognized, understood, and he's reaching for her hand in an attempt to placate some of them.

"but it's okay. i'll get used to it...i just need some time."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

arti

Sera
Feminine
November 16th
Jubilife City
Bisexual
--
Former Beast
awards
595 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sailorarti
Serena Malcolm
First Impressions
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 12:00:11 GMT
Serena Malcolm Avatar
[nospaces]
[attr="class","blbqimg"]

[attr="class","setting"]

So it was the latter. It did little to alleviate her frustrations but at least he had taken noticed and decided to clarify. Still, she wasn’t quite sure what she could do for him. If the pressure was too much…well… it was a little too late to leave. His only option was to truly figure out a way to deal with this all. Out of everyone Serena understood him best in this regard since she had once been in his very shoes. When she originally joined Rocket it wasn’t by choice. [break][break]

Her ex owed a debt. A serious one, an impossible one to pay off and Serena got caught up in the madness. Forced to become a member to repay his debts she was promised freedom if she ever managed to do well by them. Failure wasn’t an option with these people. So out of fear she did as she was told. That included stealing, cheating, lying, and at the most extreme even killing. She’d only done it once. Her hand had been forced but she had done it regardless. What else was she supposed to do? The option was to kill or be killed. [break][break]

Just remembering sent chills down her spine. Danny brought her back to reality the moment he took hold of her hand. He attempted to reassure her that things would be fine, he just needed time. However the world was a cruel one and time wasn’t on their side. Rocket needed people now and she knew, better than him, that he wouldn’t be given the opportunity to adjust, to get used to it all. Rocket wasn’t as bad as people believed they were. But they also weren’t good. [break][break]

This, Serena knew and understood very well. With a sigh she released some of the tension and frustration she had been holding in her jaw and turned back to look at him. “For your sake I hope you’ll get used to things sooner rather than later. It’ll save you a migraine.” If he paid attention he would know that she was speaking from experience, truly offering him advice she deemed was best. “Back in Kanto, things weren’t like this….they were worse. The boss was….awful and the way Rocket was run….I never would’ve joined back if it was the same.” She said, her voice small and quiet. [break][break]

“You have to keep yourself busy, if you allow yourself to think too much your mind…it’s cruel. Nights were the worst. When I spent them alone I was constantly tormented by my thoughts so…I understand it’s difficult.” Standing up she pulled her hand away from him as she turned her back to him. Serena didn’t say anything, she just made her way towards one of his boxes and began unpacking. After a long silence she continued, “I’ll stay here with you, if that’s what you want. Leaving you alone right now would be something far more cruel than I’m capable of at the moment.”

[break][break]
+ Serena's outfit[break]
+ xtra: on mah phone, so if it’s janky sorry [break]