Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
Lt. Colonel, Medical Corps
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
5' 11" (181 cm) / 180 lbs (82 kg) height
You're being healed. Please do not resist.
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 13:06:54 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS LUMIA

Hello there.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/867945880358113310/Megalo_Box_OST_Soundtrack_13_47_-_The_Slum_City_feat._COMA-CHI_320_kbps.mp3[/player]
The harbor-side slums were some of his favorite places within Slateport. He wasn't much of a water type user, but he had enjoyed fishing as a recreational activity during his time as a hopeless truant. It was a great way to get in some shut eye, waste time and look mysterious at the same time.

Leaning over a railing with a savory, skewered treat in his mouth, the youth had a grin on his lips, simply enjoying the sound of people coming and going through the busy streets and the harbor laborers working loud and hard as always. The salty breeze that came from the sea felt great on his hair and cheeks and the meat slowly in his stomach was just right.

Only thing that could make things even better now would be a battle. So naturally, he began looking around, humming as he reached for the smart phone on his pocket. What a terribly convenient device it was- that H✩T app made it so easy to find quickie fights!

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
We've got the time to take the world and make it better than it ever was
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:22:04 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
H ✩ T !
summertime madness!
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]
[attr="class","bang"]theme!
[attr="class","bang"]peaceful walk

[attr="class","Revolution"][attr="class",rise"]
She enjoys the seaside as much as she does feeling the wind upon her face - Soothing, calming, gently lulling her into a sleep-like trance as she paces the harbour. Astra seems to share the same sentiment, yawning just slightly as she glances at the crystal waters. It's nice to be out of Oldale Town for once but after getting dragged around by people through all the festivities, she's a little more ready to kick back and relax.

Nevertheless, they remain on the lookout for people to challenge, a rare chance to train being the main drive behind their participation in this tournament. Who knows? Maybe Lumia will meet someone who'll give her pokemon good tips on how to improve!
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW
[attr="class","hanapoke"]
[attr="class","hanaparty"]

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang a]font:bold 7pt calibri[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]
close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 28, 2021 15:31:01 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS LUMIA

Hello there.

[player]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/850907874325823529/867945880358113310/Megalo_Box_OST_Soundtrack_13_47_-_The_Slum_City_feat._COMA-CHI_320_kbps.mp3[/player]
The app is quick to alert him that at least one other person is looking for a challenge within 100 metres of him.

Even while looking around lazily, his gaze finds her without much delay. She stands out from the crowd in her pretty dress and white locks of hair, a rare blue Sylveon sauntering at her feet.

He can't be certain it's her, but he pushes off the railing he had been leaning on to approach her all the same, his Volcarona following behind him before settling atop his head, the large moth's fluffy fur looking like some sort of wig as he came closer.

"'Ey there!" He said with a grin, waving. The phone in his hand clearly had the battle app open. "Sorry to approach y'all outta the blue, just felt like I might have some fun if I did!"

He gestured to his Volcarona, them himself.

"This is Mothra, and I'm Doug. It fine if I challenge ya to a battle, missy?"

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 11:53:36 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
H ✩ T !
summertime madness!
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

What's this? A challenger approaches? Lumia's a little spooked by their sudden appearance. She's not prepared for this at all! But Astra seems to think otherwise, tip-tapping on her tippy toes as she gazes pleadingly at her trainer.

"I uhm... Yeah! She's Astra and I'm Lumia! Nice to meet you!" As she mimics Doug's introduction out of sheer panic, her mind's drawing a blank as she takes a look around. "Do we battle here...? O- or is there a place somewhere that we can do it?"

At least she's trying!
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

[newclass=.Revolution]width:240px;height:280px; overflow: auto; font: 10px Open Sans; text-align: justify; color: #f5f5f5; float: right; [/newclass]
[newclass=.impress]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #b19cd9; background-image: url('https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg'); float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all ease; transition-delay: 1s; overflow: hidden;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover]width: 180px; height: 270px; border: 5px solid #ffffff; background-image: url("https://i.imgur.com/tg7D1bM.jpg");filter: grayscale(100%);-webkit-filter: grayscale(100%);-moz-filter: grayscale(100%);float: left; margin: 0px 5px 0px 0px;transition: 0.3s all-ease; -webkit-transition: 0.3s all;[/newclass]
[newclass=.impress:hover .me]transition:1s;margin-top:0px;[/newclass][googlefont=Monteserrat][googlefont=Open+Sans]
[newclass=.me]background-color:rgba(69, 69, 69, 0.8); font: bold 8px calibri; text-transform: uppercase; letter-spacing: 1px;text-align: left; color:#fff;padding:10px;margin-top:270px;width:160px;transition:1s; height: 270px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.bang]width: 120px; background-color: #242424; border: 1px solid #9e9e9e; float: center; margin: 10px; padding: 5px;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar]width: 5px;background-color: #b19cd9;border:solid 2px #535353;[/newclass]
[newclass=.rise::-webkit-scrollbar-thumb:vertical]background-color: #b19cd9;border: 5px solid #b19cd9;[/newclass][newclass=.hanapoke]width:50px;float:right;[/newclass]
[newclass=.hanaparty]background-color:#ededed;border:solid 5px #d4d4d4;padding:4px;width:27px;height:27px;border-radius:40px;[/newclass]

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 12:17:25 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS LUMIA

Hello there.

"Nice to meet'cha Astra, Lumia!" He said, his Volcarona crooning out her own greetings.

She seemed a little uncertain, but she was up for it! Her pokemon was, at any rate.

Doug deftly spun his phone atop his finger tip, before grasping it firmly and pressing a button. Immediately, the battle request was sent, and upon acceptance...

"No need- here should be just fine!" He said with a grin. After all...

THEY WERE STANDING ON 'S LEAGUE APPROVED, SILPH MANUFACTURE BATTLE CITY SILPH BATTLEFIELD SYSTEM™.

A pokeball symbol appeared over the floor, before the circle spread wide to encompass the length of a standard battlefield and a translucent barrier was erected to keep the battle's effects to strictly within its own confines.

"The power of money is (for once) on our side." The youth said wryly as he looked around for a moment before turning a grin back at Lumia, his hand gesturing his Volcarona to take the center stage.

"Ya have the first move, Lumi! Oh, by the way!" He said, before producing a badge out of his sleeve with a little sleigh of hand, holding it eye level and winking. "Full name and title is Captain John D. Sullivan- Gym leader of Mauville. Impress me and this is yours!"

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:33:34 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
H ✩ T !
summertime madness!
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Oh.

O h.

So he's a gym leader.

Well, she's had a great life while it lasted.

Lumia smiles but her body is quick to betray her will, tensing as she meekly takes her place at the end of the field. On the other hand, Astra is clearly excited by such technology, prancing her way into the arena as her ribbon feelers dance along with the sea breeze.

They'll be fine, right? They just have to try their best and whatnot.

Right?

"U- uhm! Let's set things up, Astra!"

The Sylveon snickers at the call but complies, humming softly as Mist begins to cover the Terrain. With the cloudy wisps, she's more than at ease, blending in as best as she can as she moves towards her opponent.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:41:01 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS LUMIA

Hello there.

Doug clapped his hands to bring 's attention to him, smiling at her.

"Don't be so nervous, lady- a Gym Leader is just a teacher, at the end of the day. " He said, waving his arm at his Volcarona. "Just do yer best to help yer partner out!"

And with that, the battle began in earnest, mist flooding the field and masking the other Pokemon's approach.

"Sound her out, Mothra!" Doug ordered with a swipe of his arm, his Volcarona rising high over the cloud of mist to spread her wings wide and flap them at high speed, a thrumming sound filling the air and spreading outwards like a shockwave!

Mothra used Bug Buzz!
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 17:30:34 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
H ✩ T !
summertime madness!
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Oh, she knows that she really shouldn't be nervous but she can't help it! She's barely been out of her little florist shop in Oldale, much less thought of the opportunity to battle the strongest fighters out there! The only thing that stops her from shutting down out of sheer nerves is the bark that Astra gives, pulling her attention in as she thinks through their options.

"Shore up defences!"

A Light Screen is created in response to the sound, the Sylveon wincing slightly as she silences her footsteps and relocates. If Mothra wants to sound her out, she's gotta try harder than that.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 17:40:51 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS LUMIA

Hello there.

"Good response! If we can't sound'er out, then let's try smoking her out, Mothra!" Doug said next as he swept his arm, his pokemon crooning delightedly at a chance for arson before she spread her wings wide and swept over the field, a coat of flames on her tail.

Blazing hot scales fell from her wings and came alight into fires as she flew!

Mothra used Fiery Dance!
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 19:03:25 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
H ✩ T !
summertime madness!
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

The fire is quick to consume the field, scorching Astra's fur as she lets out a quiet hiss. Even with the Light Screen helping to keep away most of the flames, she's still very much feeling the heat.

"Hang in there Astra! Let's go for a counterattack!"

To be of like minds, both trainer and pokemon think of the same move. In response to the flares, the Sylveon begins to call upon the blessings of the Moon, gathering just enough energy to Blast the Volcarona as she draws close.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 19:16:06 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS LUMIA

Hello there.

The move had proven effective, but neither Doug nor Mothra were able to react in time when the Sylveon came flying out of the mist with its move at the ready, blasting back the fiery moth with a pained croon.

Doug swung his arm reflexively, shouting.

"Quiver Dance!" He ordered as the Volcarona went to fall, the pokemon's wings spreading wide as she spun to face the pavement before flapping them. The manuever allowed her to perform an elegant summersault, rising high in the air and poising herself under the glare of the sun's light, heat wafting off her wings!

Mothra took damage from the Moonblast!
Mothra used Quiver Dance!

close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 4:23:26 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
H ✩ T !
summertime madness!
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Even though Astra's attack isn't as effective as she hopes, Lumia's already beginning to think of their next move. They're at a type disadvantage and oh, do they have to make full use of their environment to help them out.

With Mothra letting up on her attack, Astra finds some space to breath. She hears Lumia's internal prayers with her ribbon-like feelers, knowing that she can't sit still for long as she makes a Wish of her own.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:34:11 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS LUMIA

Hello there.

Neither Doug nor Mothra can quite tell what the Sylveon is doing other than standing around. A bit weary, it takes Doug a while to order anything.

"I dunno what they are up to... But let's try and seize the offensive! Mothra, fiery dance!" He ordered, his Volcarona beginning to bop and bounce in the air, throwing stylish pirouettes in as the summer temps began to rise. Rings of fire blasted outwards from her as she spun in place, upheaving and melting the pavement underneath as it spread!

Mothra used Fiery Dance!
close tab

played by

myriascope

lumie
she / her
December 16
oldale town
undetermined
florist
civilian
awards
84 posts
lumia peura DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @lumia
lumia peura
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:33:57 GMT
lumia peura Avatar
H ✩ T !
summertime madness!
[attr="class","impress"]
[attr="class","me"]
[attr="class","bang"]

Yet another Fiery Dance is thrown Astra's way, and Lumia can't do anything but hope that the Sylveon moves out of the way. Thankfully, she's aided a little by the healing effects of her Wish, weaving her way through the hellfire and gathering energy with each stride.

"Give it everything you've got, Astra!"

As fire scorches fur and kisses her flesh, the Sylveon continues her charge towards the Volcarona, leaping up at her with heart in her throat. And with a determined bark, the Misty terrain Explodes.
BY MIZO.❉ OF WW

close tab

played by

Epic BugCatcher

Dr. Doug
He/Him
20 (40)
March 3
Viridian City, Kanto
It just works
AQUA Initiative
Dreaming
of our future
awards
2,958 posts
part of
TAG WITH @bugcatcherdoug
John Sullivan
Doug vs Lumia [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 12:45:18 GMT
John Sullivan Avatar

DOUG VS LUMIA

Hello there.

That was a trick Doug had not known, and the repercussions of that lack of knowledge were severe. As the explosion shook the battlefield, spreading cracks over the LEAGUE APPROVED SILPH BATTLEFIELD SYSTEM's barrier and whipping Doug's hat straight off his head, he could only stare with wide eyes as he awaited for the light show to end.

And when it did...

Well, Mothra had certainly seen better days.

The Volcarona wasn't even flying anymore, dropped on her ass on the ground, lightly folded over herself as she breathed in and out slowly. Point blank kabooms were an ordeal to go through, even with resistance and high sp. defense, and the fire bug found herself coming in and out of consciousness as she slowly raised her gaze to the Sylveon.

Doug sighed in relief at seeing his pokemon, well, not grievously injured, though he worried the Volcarona might have taken it personally as she slowly crawled to the Sylveon.

However, rather than spitting fire on it, the Volcarona instead tried to spread her wings wide, the light of the sun shining down strongly over both of them and healing their terrible injuries slightly.

Sighing in relief yet again, the youth jogged up to the two pokemon, expecting Lumia to do the same, before crouching in front of them, grinning.

"Ya two did great." He muttered, patting his Volcarona's fur gently. "Awesome job as always, Mothra. Yer a trooper."

After that, he turned his full attention to Lumia, grinning.

"Young Lady!" He boomed, sharply extending out his arm, a gleaming rainbow colored badge slipping into his palm. "Now that's a way to finish a battle if I've seen one! I've no qualms with giving this up to ya! Congrats!"

"As the Mauville City Gym Leader, I award ya the honor badge!"

Assuming Sylveon hit Volcarona full body before the explosion- wanna get burned? She has flame body. In case you need the endeavor.

Volcarona used Morning Sun!

img
The Shula Region
Hogwarts AU
RPG Unlimited
MR
Marvel
The Enroi Region
N:FB
Vyrehaven
Celestial Guardians, AU Sailor Moon RP
Emerius, An Animanga Dragon Age Roleplay