3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:24:28 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"i don't mind them. can make talking a bit difficult, though, and i like talking to you."

the music doesn't boom as loud on the beach. it's still there, faint in the background, but not nearly enough to invade their senses.

cian reaches for sam's hand as they walk along the beach.

"i'll remember for the next time i see you."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:27:17 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
feeling cian's hand had sam glancing down. their hands are joined before he even realizes it. what's happened?

sam's been hit by, sam's been struck by, a smooth criminal.

unsure of what to do, he just lets it happen. lets cian hold his hand and tries to focus on the words that were said while looking back forward.

thankfully it's become twilight and the pink in his cheeks can just, erm, blend into the sky or something.

"the next time, huh?"
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:34:03 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"yeah."

sunset approaches, shifting the colors of the skies from strong blues to much softer shades of orange and yellow. it's lovely, even romantic.

"if you want to, of course."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:39:51 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"well so far you're not boring and i don't hate the way you sound, feel, or smell."

important factors, he's a sensitive guy. as in, he has sensitivity issues. it's partially why he's so socially disturbed. had nothing to do with growing up in a mass graveyard, no way.

"keep that going and you might get a second date."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 15:03:17 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"well i'm glad to hear."

cian's not even sure what they'd do on a second date. it's something he'll have to think over later.

they approach a scenic spot on the beach that's surprisingly void of people. the sun slowly approaches the horizon.

"let's sit."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 15:08:26 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
no argument was given. instead, he just takes a seat with cian in the sand. it doesn't bother him, the sand. sand rinses off just fine in the shower or the ocean.

his drink's gone and he sets the empty glass away. there's a hint of burn in his cheeks but nothing over the top. tipsy? probably.

he glances to cian and arches an eyebrow.

"let's ask the questions that makes us really uncomfortable, like is this date thing going to happen until you get to fuck me and then you move on, or do you genuinely care who i am as a human being?"

he figured the latter. because everybody figures the latter. better to assume the worst and be surprised if the best decides to make a cameo.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 15:55:07 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]cian tilts his head over, surprised.

"straight to the point. i like it."

taking one final sip of his pina colada, he too sets his glass down only to give sam his full attention, which he's always had anyways.

"the latter."

he shrugs.

"but i'm fine with either. whatever you want, really."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 16:54:20 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
it seemed to sam that cian was much like him. the sort of person that went with the flow enough that he was accepted socially and therefore, for the most part, under the radar. don't kick up a fuss and you don't get noticed, sort of mindset.

but because of that, how much of what cian said was truth? heart, soul, truth?

the philosopher and crypt keeper wondered, but kept the question to himself.

"i'm not sure what i want. i barely have friends, let alone physically appealing individuals wanting to know who i am as a person."
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 18:23:07 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]there's some truth to the things cian's saying; truth that's perhaps marred and veiled to an extent. does that make him a liar? a cheat? most likely.

but he brushes the thought off like he always does.

"well, now you have one."

leaning his shoulder into sam's, he says:

"don't worry, sam. you have time to figure it out. and i'll be here to help."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 12:57:56 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
unsure, a bit confused, and flattered, sam found himself blushing as the young man leaned into his shoulder.

his heart was thrumming away in his chest like he'd taken a straight shot of adrenaline.

stuff like this made his palms sweaty, he hoped cian wouldn't fault him for it.

"i've a physically appealing friend?"

there was a smirk on his lips, a hint at him attempting to try and relax, find comfort in the moments with cian. on the beach, with a sunset, being romantic af.

hoenn really was a wild ride.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 13:32:50 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]the moment is nice and warm but at the same time fading and short. so it's important to revel in it while he can.

sam's words are met with a chuckle and a mirroring smirk.

"well, friend for now."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 2, 2021 13:39:51 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"for now? is your physical attraction fleeting?"

he was reminded of all those fairy tales where the beautiful young women would turn into ugly old witches by midnight and all that if certain spell criteria, like souls of children, weren't met within a time limit.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 11:06:01 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"fleets with age, i suppose."

the sun dips low enough to meet the horizon, cascading orange across the rolling waves of the ocean.

"but i meant more so about the friend bit."

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 3, 2021 12:40:34 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam's expression sobers. his eyes graze the orange horizon, then the waves. his eyes remain there, mind on the boy beside him.

"i could use a few good friends, honestly..."

he wasn't the sort of guy who needed a boyfriend, or a one time fling. commitment meant everything to sam, and he wasn't very trusting right away.

the only reason he'd walked on the beach with cian to begin with was because he enjoyed talking to cian. thus far, nothing ill from the boy. decent bit of humor. sam restrained his own dark humor in fear it wouldn't be accepted.
close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
social drinking, [ c ]
POSTED ON Aug 5, 2021 9:04:35 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]a few good friends...the thought is nice. maybe one day he'd have a few good friends, too, but until then —

"i don't have that many either, to be honest."

nudging his shoulder against sam's, he chuckles and says:

"i'll be your good friend."

[attr="class","noodles"]