6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:13:57 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"hello!" kyle greets when he finally meets his match.

he stares at his phone and then back to the person in front of him to see if they match the profile that he matched with with the vs seeker feature for the event. thankfully, it seems legit.

"cian... maher, right?"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
now come together, come apart
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:18:43 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"yo!"

oh my god it's kyle lopez the champion... be cool, be cool.

"wasn't expecting to get paired up with the champ, but hey, lucky me."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
Join my dream it's just the right time, woah
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:29:06 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"didn't expect to be paired up with the one and only cian maher too!" kyle mirrors the other's excitement before trailing. "...there's only one of you, right?"

he shakes his head at the thought. surely, there's no alternate universe event where there's going to be at least two of each person in the google docs of the admins.

"aight, you can decide rules since you got here first!"

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 10:52:33 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"i think so! can't be too sure."

who knows what goes on inside the google docs of the admins.

crossing his arms over his chest, he hums a thought, then calls out a single pokemon.

"let's do...a single battle because i'm lazy to write more."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.cian] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .cian b { color: #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted #716075; font-size: 13px; } .cian a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .cian .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .cian .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .cian .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .cian .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 18:05:37 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"sounds good!" he tells his opponent. "i'll use a mightyena then since it's already the default party on my template."

kyle uses a mightyena as he had said and takes out a pokeball containing it. the pokemon stands before them and makes a bark, plus another action to divide the lines of the post.

"oh yeah, he also has a z-move so we can end this when i need to," he clarifies.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 18:25:34 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"cool! which one are you using? i see six."

unless...

the z-move will come in useful, though.

"kk let's start."

glalie rolls forward, shaking her body as she summons a HAIL.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 18:42:32 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"i already told you i'm using the one that knows the z-move."

the mightyena puffs his chest since he's proud that he has a z-move. hail falls from the sky and hits him in the head and a soft whimper can be heard from the impact.

"sand attack."

thank god they're at the beach so his pokemon can actually use sand instead of creating them out of thin air when they use this move. the mightyena shoves sand on the glalie's eyes.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 9:00:40 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"oh shit my bad i got lazy to hover!"

glalie blinks, hissing as the SAND ATTACK scatters sand into her eyes. what a nasty move! glalie rolls forward, keen on maybe...

a SHEER COLD.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 9:35:56 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
sand on its eyes meant that the glalie was having vision impairments. it doesn't help when there with the mightyena's double team going on.

a bunch of mightyena surround the glalie, with a fraction of them being frozen by the sheer cold. all copies of mightyena look at each other awkwardly.

"did you see which one now?" he asks. "sorry they all look the same so it's kinda hard to know which one."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 9:37:25 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"one sec."

cian hovers over the icons.

"what the fuck they all have z-moves?"

with some of the mightyena now frozen, glalie's able to focus them down a bit better. she rolls over to one and sinks her ICE FANG into it.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 9:42:21 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"yup."

when the glalie tries to chomp on the mightyena, the dark-type takes the attack and twirls so it's the tail that gets bitten. it's now a hybrid like a slowbro, except the mightyena uses rock smash at it by slamming it to the ground.

"i still have some passho berries in my garden to give more dogs some z-moves too, but i'm too lazy to harvest them."

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 9:44:22 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]glalie's stuck on mightyena's tail and though she can easily just let go she just holds on for whatever reason. she's swung into the ground, ROCK SMASHED to pieces.

well, not really, because that'd be pokemon murder.

her body starts to vibrate as she spits out a FREEZE-DRY.

"can you give one to me?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:13:09 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"oh yeah, that rock smash was a move from a different mightyena. god, they all look the same so i saw the moveset of a different one."

the mightyena suffers from freeze-dry and now uses his correct moves. it now uses crunch at the glalie, but it kinda hurts its teeth since it's like biting an ice cream and that shit sucks.

"i wish i could but management says it's illegal to give items out."

kyle sighs like he's sad, but he wouldn't give them away regardless if he could or not.

close tab

played by

noodles

triple h
he/him
twenty-seven
september 14th
rustboro
bisexual
rustboro gym leader
champion (hoenn & vct)
awards
3,817 posts
CIAN MAHER DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @cian
CIAN MAHER
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:14:58 GMT
CIAN MAHER Avatar
[attr="class","cian"]"ref? REF?"

cian looks around but too bad there's no official ref otherwise their match would've ended in a dq loss for the champion.

glalie's CRUNCHED on, body slowly crumbling to the pressure. but it does give mightyena a good brain FREEZE-DRY.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

aero

dog boy
he/him
october 24
verdanturf
asexual
league officer
champion
awards
6,470 posts
kyle lopez DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @kyle
kyle lopez
kyle vs cian [H✩T]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 10:19:04 GMT
kyle lopez Avatar
"there's no ref here, sadly," kyle tells cian. "battles are self-modded so you have to discuss it with your thread partner if you have problems."

with its brain-freeze, the mightyena goes unga bunga mode and starts to use its favorite technique out of its moveset. it glows with z-move energy, or whatever you call it, and starts up thee attack.

he uses that one z-move which shows up when you google dark-type z-move.

"i say it's legal," he discuses regarding the rock smash.