twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
Diamond sparrow, my moonlight majesty, come flying back to me.
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:06:44 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]the day's almost over but there's still time for a battle or two, depending on how long this one takes.

"excuse me!"

danny approaches a stranger on the beach, then gestures to the empty battlefield next to them.

"are you up for a battle?"

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:08:45 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam glances up when he's addressed. his eyes find a man with dark hair and stark eyes. what a contrast-- thinks the boy with dark hair, yellow eyes, pale skin, and black inked tattoos.

"sure." the offer for a battle is accepted with ease. "specific rules or basic one on one?"
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:14:33 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]danny's ecstatic at the acceptance though he has no real reason to be. everyone's said yes to battling so far; it's almost as though that's the whole point of the tournament.

"nice! just a one on one is fine."

stepping over to the battlefield, he makes his introductions:

"it's nice to meet you! i'm danny. love your tats."

[attr="class","noodles"]
[newclass=.danny] text-align: justify; font-size: 12px; } .danny b { color: 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny u { color: #b5b5b5; font-style: italic; text-decoration: underline dotted 716075; font-size: 13px; } .danny a { font-family: inherit; font-size: medium; font-weight: bold; text-transform: uppercase; } .danny .noodles { margin: 0; padding: 5px 0; } .danny .noodles img { max-width: 100%; max-height: 100%; border: none; outline: none; margin: 0; padding: 0; display: inline; float: none; } .danny .noodles .pkmn { display: inline; } .danny .noodles .inactive { filter: grayscale(1); -webkit-filter: grayscale(1); [/newclass]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:17:25 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
these boys and his tats, smh.

but sam gives a polite smile nonetheless and begins tapping against the capsules in his hoodie. which one, which one.

"thank you. i'm sam carter, caretaker of mt. pyre."
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:36:17 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"oh that's really cool."

his tone isn't flat in the slightest; quite the opposite! he's never actually thought about how graveyards need caretakers, but it makes sense.

maybe danny's choice will help sam make his: a grimmsnarl appears out of his pokeball.

"hey, grimster! this is sam."

grimmsnarl waves.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 13:57:01 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
grimster. cute. the thought's passing as he admires the evolved form of one of his own pokémon, a morgrem. he's not terribly familiar with it though. should have used it in a battle by now.

but oh well.

so he tosses out an old faithful, a haunter. his body is large enough for sam to climb upon, curious as it's evolution is not only grounded but smaller.

"start out strong."

haunter does just that, shooting out a DAZZLING GLEAM by flexing his hands and sticking out his tongue like a maniac.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:11:13 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]"damn that's bright!"

danny's forced to raise an arm to shield his eyes from the brightness of DAZZLING GLEAM. grimmsnarl tries to do the same but fails, too slow to react. he takes the damage and feigns submission.

grimmsnarl bows his head in a FALSE SURRENDER only for a spike of hair to shoot out! it looks much like danny's.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:15:46 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
like trainer like pokémon, that shaggy hair. the false surrender had haunter giving a small exclamation of terror, an 'ACK' of sorts, before scrambling to grip the hair.

a grin straight from hell falls on the haunter's lips. sam's smirk isn't nearly as dastardly, but it matches.

"let's shock 'em."

the same wavelength, those two. the THUNDERBOLT that the haunter sends through the hair he's gripped is powerful and just as bright.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:26:56 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]grimmsnarl lets out a REEEEE of some kind when the THUNDERBOLT strikes him, surging across the distance of the spiked hair to shock his entire body. man, grimmsnarl does not like that; not one bit.

"hang in there, bud!"

not even bothering to stand upright, grimmsnarl continues to FALSE SURRENDER, shooting another spike of hair at the haunter.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:32:08 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
sam had to stifle a snort. the imagery before him was definitely comical. the laughter tickled his voice as he called out to his haunter.

"create some distance, siph!"

tisiphone that haunter, typically nicknamed siph, released the hair and used the momentum of the previous false surrender to allow his body to be pushed back. as he flew backwards, he brought his hands to the center of his body and prepared a SHADOW BALL, sending it toward the lanky demon.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:41:25 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]siph is only one letter away from being an abomination.

too bad it's about to get an L soon...

"take it and close the distance!"

they normally liked to fight up close but haunter's ghost-typing makes that difficult. but it's fine; grimmsnarl charges, takes the SHADOW BALL, and swings an arm for a SPIRIT BREAK.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:52:53 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the spirit break has haunter's eyes growing wide.

"brace yourself, gather a bomb in your hands and deliver it when you're closer!"

sam's instruction left his mouth quickly and haunter gathered his hands to his center as the grim fairytale made reality caused pain to move through his body. but the haunter's smirking despite the pain... why?

"surprise bitch."

the SLUDGE BOMB in the haunter's grasp goes off, sending poison everywhere close.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 15:18:53 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]did he say a bomb? wait...

"did you say a BOMB?"

but it's too late.

the SLUDGE BOMB explodes, sending nasty poison everywhere. it coats grimmsnarl's body and causes him to slip, poisoned. he lands on his back, but kicks his leg up to repeat the SPIRIT BREAK.

[attr="class","noodles"]
close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 16:43:39 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the kick gave more distance between them. with that, haunter was able to send out another DAZZLING GLEAM toward the opponent, but it was drastically less than the last. why?

because haunter was winded. coming close to defeat. those spirit breaks were doing just that, breaking the spirit down.

sam could see it, and couldn't wrap his head around how to counter it. haunter didn't have the stamina that his gengar had and because of that, he assumed the worst. defeat? right around the corner.

"nice shot!"

hopefully sam could at least encourage the haunter in his last moments of the battle.
close tab

played by

noodles

dan
he/him
twenty-five
april 13th
oldale
straight
unemployed
elite
231 height
231 height
awards
928 posts
DANNY HALL DOLLARS
part of
TAG WITH @dan
DANNY HALL
DANNY VS SAM (H✩T)
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:41:59 GMT
DANNY HALL Avatar
[attr="class","danny"]grimmsnarl definitely has more stamina than the haunter, perhaps from having trained more. or maybe grimmsnarl's just naturally built that way — good genes, maybe?

the DAZZLING GLEAM blinds once again, but this time grimmsnarl's able to shake it off much quicker before hopefully ending the battle with one final SPIRIT BREAK.

"that's it!"

[attr="class","noodles"]