awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:11:34 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
alecto's body bobs back and forth, little tail swaying in the air. his dance is to a song nobody else but him can hear. if that makes the walking nightmare crazy, that's fine. sam's used to his kinda crazy by now.

he's waiting for his opponent to get into the ring, at the sight of the other limping in, a tinge of guilt shows. not only because he'd thought that the opponent was taking too long, but also because his gengar points and laughs at the hobbling gym leader.

"i apologize for his sense of humor," sam says in reference to his cackling ghoul. "feel free to ignore him. do you need assistance?"
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 14:51:16 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

At the sight of the Gengar, he froze.

He legitimately came to a stop and almost lost his balance had he not realized he was still relying on the crutch to get around.

“You—is that—why is it laughing at me—” he stammered at first, followed by a Pelipper who didn’t give two shits in the world at all.

“Mike, not yet!” he added; he knew that the seagull was itching to make it rain so hard.

“I—I’ll—I’ll be fine,” he squeaked a few moments later. Not in front of a live audience! He took a deep breath before tilting his head at the Pelipper, who’d flown in to take a closer look at why his human companion was shaking.

“Mike, get out there.”

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
alone with all my illusions
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 15:05:09 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the way the gym leader reacts has sam concerned... but also relieved, this gives him the upper hand, right? either way, he nods, and alecto's hopping into the battle with a giggle.

a giggle that sounds more like hell's bubbling lava pits and nightmarish horrors, but y'know.

"i'll let you have first move."

sam encourages, feeling that it'll help ease his guilt.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 15:09:43 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Now that the whistle starting the match had rang out the arena, the Pelipper had next to no time to squawk in his direction before flying forward.

Due to his ability, rain started pouring from above them—just above the arena—and this left the seagull cackling.

“Oy,” was all he could say at his Pelipper’s antics, before he pointed again.

“Do your worst, Mike! And stay alive!” he emphasized right as the Pelipper let loose with a powerful blast of gale-force Hurricane winds at the Gengar.

Anything to stop the cackling!

Pelipper’s ability, Drizzle activated! Torrential rain is pouring over the battlefield (1 / 5)!

Pelipper then used Hurricane!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 15:16:13 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the hurricane's huge, and gengar has no means to stop it. he does, however, take the damage it gives and hitches a ride. this little fucker literally just yeets into the hurricane with a, 'WEEEEEE.'

once there, he focuses himself to glare at the bird. the hurricane's subsiding and he's falling skyward-sword style toward the pelican with a TOXIC wave being shot out to consume the bird.

sam made a face, amused and a bit embarrassed. alecto really was something else.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 15:36:42 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

Was Alexei hearing things, or—

Did that smiling blob of ectoplasm just—did the Gengar just fucking ride the wind and cackled out loud?!

“What the—” he began, a look of incredulity on his face as the Gengar seemingly disappeared—only for a purple wave of something noxious he recognized to be poison come raining down on the Pelipper!

“Mike! Don’t be an idiot, what did I tell you—” before the Pelipper was drenched and poisoned from head to toe.

Not wanting to give up, the Pelipper then blasted a Hydro Pump at wherever the shadow was headed!

Torrential rain is pouring over the battlefield (2 / 5)!

Pelipper is drenched in poison! Pelipper then used Hydro Pump!

Pelipper is poisoned! Pelipper takes some damage.

endeavor completed: sustain poison!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 16:49:18 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the hydro pump does in fact land, and the gengar even went through the trouble of opening his maw and drinking a good portion of it, swallowing thickly once he'd landed.

the hydro pump had pushed him out of the air, so he gargled the leftover water, swallowed, and then opened his mouth to shoot out a giant HYPER BEAM from his stomach.

he'd end up having to cool down after that, but so too would the pelican from a hydro pump, right?

sam couldn't help but smirk. the battle was just the right sort of ridiculous.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 17:33:18 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The Pelipper let out a squawking noise of surprise as the Gengar was indeed hit—however what would happen next would be nothing short of absolutely nuts.

As the spectral Pokémon was driven down to the ground, it swallowed the water—before suddenly throwing out a—

“Mike!” he cried in alarm as the absolutely monstrous beam came hurtling down on the seagull.

However, the Pelipper was faster, throwing up a Protective screen while letting out a warking noise.

Torrential rain is pouring over the battlefield (3 / 5)!

Pelipper threw up a Protective screen to block the Hyper Beam!

Pelipper is poisoned! Pelipper takes some damage.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 17:41:59 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
after the giant blast had been fired, the gengar fell backwards and let out a content sigh. content because he could feel it. the pelican was suffering from the poison. that toxic would get worse and worse over time and alecto could feel that he was going to be the victor.

so for a moment, he just chilled out, restoring his energy after having fired off a hyper beam.

a chuckle left sam as he watched the gengar relax. "you're something else, you know?"

tilting his head up, alecto looked at sam while still laying down. the tip of his purple tail thumped on the ground like an excited doggo and raised a stubby hand to wave.

// hyper beam cooldown 1/1
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 29, 2021 18:25:26 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

The flight of his Pelipper was starting to dip, however the Gengar had decided to take a break—which left an opening for them to move in!

“Mike, don’t you dare attack when your opponent has their back—” he was about to say when the seagull rushed forward in a Wing Attack!

Alexei could only facepalm at the brashness of his Pelipper.

“…turned.”

Torrential rain is pouring over the battlefield (4 / 5)!

Pelipper takes advantage of the cool down turn to swoop in close with a Wing Attack!

Pelipper is poisoned! Pelipper takes some more damage.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 11:50:52 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"it's all in good fun, right?" sam tried to encourage the gym leader.

the wing attack hit the gengar, for sure, but it allowed for the gengar to grip hold of the pelican with a brilliant grin. Why? Because this made the pelican close enough for a brilliant HEX. alecto's eyes were glowing, body oozing shadow disgust, and focused efforts were put on the already poisoned and unlucky bird.

hopefully it'd be enough to get this bird to take a freakin' nap. he seemed cranky.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 30, 2021 15:34:13 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I’m trying to teach him manners, too,” he explained as the Pelipper backed away from the Gengar—however he didn’t back away fast enough and was hit with an attack he didn’t understand at all.

But yikes, it hurt!

The Pelipper cried out of surprise and shock (and definitely pain) as the powerful Hex hit him, sending the dual-type backward.

“Don’t you—” he called to the Pelipper again as in a last-minute desperation throe the Pelipper threw a Hurricane and trying to hit the Gengar again as the rain would be stopping next turn.

Torrential rain is pouring over the battlefield (5 / 5)!

Pelipper is hit head-on by the Hex and retaliates with a wildly-thrown Hurricane!

Pelipper is poisoned! Pelipper takes even more damage.

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 21:18:50 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
"i learned some pokémon just aren't capable, in extension, alecto."

sam waved toward the gengar, who was in the pathway of a hurricane. and instead of moving out of its way, he just rolled his shoulder and puffed his stomach out. he inhaled, and inhaled, before the hurricane got close enough and he burst out an ICY WIND from his mouth.

the frigid air might not have been super damaging, but it would mix well enough into the hurricane and gain more momentum and become more powerful. and, if alecto had done it right, then it would have changed the direction of the hurricane and either canceled it out, or sent it back at the bird.

hopefully, and really only if you want ven, up to you, i'm just being flavorful here.
close tab

played by

Ven

Alex / Lexy
he / him / his
thirty
december 22
Mistralton, Unova
homosexual demiromantic
fortree gym leader
gym leader
חקל דמא
awards
5,062 posts
part of
TAG WITH @alexei
Alexei Ivanov
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 21:28:14 GMT
Alexei Ivanov Avatar

“I—am going to have to talk to Mike after this,” he remarked as the rain finally stopped and the clouds cleared out—only to reveal that there was a Pelipper that had blown backward by the hubris of its own attack.

However there was no more getting up for the Pelipper, the poison having done its job too well.

The whistle sounded.

“Yeah… I need to teach him manners, too,” he remarked as he recalled the passed-out (and poisoned) Pelipper.

Torrential rain has dissipated!

Pelipper faints due to poison damage over time! Sam wins!

close tab

played by

wizz

the ferryman
he/him
twenty-eight
october fourteenth
lavender town, kanto
knoxsexual
team rocket
executive
awards
1,306 posts
part of
TAG WITH @sam
samuel carter
alexei vs. sam [ h☆t ]
POSTED ON Jul 31, 2021 21:38:19 GMT
samuel carter Avatar
the way that alecto had given a sort of victory dance, to be precise he had flossed, made sam shake his head with a fond smile. he walked over to alecto and gave the gengar some scratches around his ears.

"you're a maniac, you know."

he looked up to alexei and gave a small smile, walking over the rest of the way. as alecto followed, he hoped from foot to foot, looking at the ground, and avoiding cracks.

"how is your recovering going?"